IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

8 minutes ago, divadivine said:

Well, count Jing out. We know she doesn't own anything other than flip flops for every day life. 

Well, she does wear boots a lot, but considering they're headed down under during the onset of summer? Yeah. Not sensing much in the way of close-toed shoes from Jinger.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, divadivine said:

Well, count Jing out. We know she doesn't own anything other than flip flops for every day life. 

Giggling if they go into the Aussie bush, then! Hell, even a nice daytrip in the Blue Mountains has more of the poisonous critters than I'd want to walk around in flip flops!

32 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm pretty sure they do have a church. The idea of a home church has been debunked a long time ago, From what I can tell they identify as IFB. They are rather like the Bates in that they have a church, but it doesn't meet in a traditional church building, but does meet weekly. JillRod was clearly tryiing to get herself invited to sing at their church.

They do not seem to advertise their church, though, most likely because they don't want fans/haters dropping in or standing outside. 

It makes sense to shop for a venue if their church is too small or not what they want. I didn't get married at the church I was a member of for two reasons, the first was my husband had been married before and the church would not marry us and the second reason was that I liked the look of another church better. The carpet in the church I was a member of was pink and had a modern look that I didn't want for my wedding. I almost got married at a Catholic monastery, because I liked the beauty of the building. I couldn't afford it, though. 

I for one am happy if the Duggars keep their religious beliefs to themselves and don't feel like sharing their version of the words of Jesus outside their home. 

There was a blogger who flounced, Proverbs Mom, who said that attending the Duggar church was by invitation only.

7 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

There was a blogger who flounced, Proverbs Mom, who said that attending the Duggar church was by invitation only.

Yet, Derick is a purported "missionary"...oh the irony.

I spent my semester abroad in NZ. I'm terrified of heights and not super outdoorsy (I like big cities!), but I absolutely loved it here. I'm sure Jinger will enjoy her trip too.

9 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

That was back when they had the warehouse church that has since disbanded.

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

You really believe they belong to a congregation and attend weekly services? Who is their congregant and why is this person seemingly not involved in their weddings?

Yes because there were pictures of it shared at some point. It was in a big old ugly building. Their church is like the least offensive thing about the Duggars to me. Alternative churches seem to be more popular now. One of my brothers attends a church that is just three other families that meet at different houses. They don't even meet on the same day, it is just whatever day works out for the group. They don't have a official pastor, everyone shares their thoughts on the day's lesson. 

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But sharing the good news IS part of Christianity- whether or not we might personally want the Duggars doing so. If they never referenced their religious beliefs or stated that their show was their "ministry," sharing the word would seem over-the-line, but this is their entire purpose (per them). 

Your version of sharing the good news is probably not the same as the Duggars. There is no one way to be a Christian. The show does share some of their religious beliefs such as courtship, no dancing and things like that. Michelle called to protest a city's LGBT protection laws and she also went to protest a local store selling alcohol. I'm sure that in their minds that is sharing the "good news". They have also gone on their "mission trips". 

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

That was back when they had the warehouse church that has since disbanded.

I didn't realize it had disbanded. I would imagine they still do some sort of religious activity even if it is at home with just the family. I don't see them completely dropping all teaching of the Bible just because their church disbanded. 

They were part-time going to Cross Church it seemed.  I don't know for sure what they are doing now if they returned to a local IFB church or settled back to the SBC.  They were SBC when they were first married. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm putting my neck out and saying I'm on #teamDerickmanbun

Its just a little poke in the eye of the Gothardite  khakis n polo shirt dress code.

Give me the manbun over JB's ozone-layer-threatening hair helmet any day.

I've like Derricks man-bun since it first appeared.

Some guys don't suit them, but then some girls look daft with their hair up.

Derrick does suit it. I'm a Duggar snarker, not a fan, ( Derrick is now a Duggar not the other way round). 

Go Derrick rock that man-bun because YOU can.

I think Fascinated or Velcro said they were surprised or something like that we are snarking on Jinge - people we have never met.  ( I can't go through the bloody pages at work) anyway - isn't this a snark site - are we supposed to agree to everything or disagree about things.   I am snarking about Jinge and her attitude through pictures... if and when we see the show and she reacts differently then I will react differently.

stand by it.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Potentially crying because of the paps- FFS, If not for the fame whore parents, TV and the paps, these idiots would still be in frumpers and bogarting bread to hide and eat in the bathroom. If it's too much for you, walk the eff away and live a life that corresponds to your education and skill levels. NOW that would be something to be upset or cry about.

These people are all adults. They didn't seem to mind the paps when the money was rolling in.

They never do. They court the paps when it suits them then think they are so important that they can turn the attention on and off. Neither paps nor life work that way.

The parents sold them to TLC. They willingly sold themselves after scandal. They sell themselves to People for every baby, every courtship - Jessa & Ben even sold themselves to People for a 'tour' of their daddy supplied house.

All that means...your court the devil, don't cry when he shows up.

This is, of course, if they are upset about paps being there. If there is a semblance of normalcy in their lives and emotion is being shown because, weddings are fucking emotional - and I can only imagine it's quadruple the emotion for a sheltered fundie girl as it is for a typically raised young woman- then, meh. Whatever. No one can be 'on' 24/7. Not even the Duggars and not even at one of their own weddings.

I was kind of raging at my own wedding when my step brothers took off to the woods with their girlfriends & my photographer for group portraits of their own. They actually knew my photographer so thought that gave them license to take him from my wedding for their own photo shoot. I was livid.  And there are several pictures in existence that show that.

Shit happens. Even happy weddings can cause anger/hurt/whatever.

53 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But sharing the good news IS part of Christianity- whether or not we might personally want the Duggars doing so. If they never referenced their religious beliefs or stated that their show was their "ministry," sharing the word would seem over-the-line, but this is their entire purpose (per them). 

You really believe they belong to a congregation and attend weekly services? Who is their congregant and why is this person seemingly not involved in their weddings?

Yes.  They belonged to a small IFB congregation.  The initial leaks about Josh's molestation came from members of that congregation.  JB consulted with fellow elders of that congregation about how to deal with the molestation - and we all know how well that turned out.

You might want to look up how IFB run their churches before demanding to know who their "congregant" may be.  They rent bigger churches for their weddings because of the huge crowds and have officiants that specialize in their particular brand of covenant weddings.  

The Duggars have identified on the show as "Baptist," but it didn't take viewers long to work out that they were IFB and note the IBLP connection.    The Duggars have done plenty of IBLP-type evangelizing both off and on camera.  All those family mission trips to CA, Jana and John David to Malaysia, JD to the Philippines, and Ben promoted Jinger's evangelizing at a women's prison in one of his silly videos.  That is just a few examples.

TLC has always downplayed the IBLP connection and probably some of JB's wilder flights of evangelistic fervor have been left on the cutting room floor.  Too much of that crap would lose them viewers.

The key question, what are people's opinions on the cupcake flavours?  Chocolate, Cranberry & Pumpkin.

Chocolate always wins, pumpkin may be good (but may not be), but cranberry?

Shouldn't weddings cater to a variety of tastes and do at least 2 normal flavours?

Please feel free to flame regarding my dessert judgements.

Also - the source says JB said it was the most beautiful wedding he'd seen - you aren't allowed to say that, it will make the other 2 you sold married off feel bad.

34 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I was just going nuts trying to remember her name.  Thanks!

Just now, imokit said:

The key question, what are people's opinions on the cupcake flavours?  Chocolate, Cranberry & Pumpkin.

Shouldn't weddings cater to a variety of tastes and do at least 2 normal flavours?

I think chocolate because the vast majority will eat it, pumpkin because it's seasonal/fits a thanksgiving theme and cranberry as it is in season too. I quite like cranberry myself :)

46 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Giggling if they go into the Aussie bush, then! Hell, even a nice daytrip in the Blue Mountains has more of the poisonous critters than I'd want to walk around in flip flops!

My cousin lives in the Blue Mountains and wears sturdy walking boots when out and about. The snakes are just starting to wake up.

12 minutes ago, imokit said:

Please feel free to flame regarding my dessert judgements.

Also - the source says JB said it was the most beautiful wedding he'd seen - you aren't allowed to say that, it will make the other 2 you sold married off feel bad.

Recently went to a wedding with cupcakes. They were decorated with icing flowers in the wedding colors.  Chocolate, white with raspberry filling, white with lemon filling. The people at our table were going nuts trying to figure out which color flower corresponded to which flavor.  It ended up being random. Everyone was disappointed. But we all had more than one cupcake trying to figure it out! Imagine the Duggars probably gave out tickets so each guest could only get one! 

Re: the cupcakes

Fundies at Duggar weddings at this point probably take whatever they get flavour wise and are thankful they're inside with actual food and cake.

At least the Kellers/their church had the decency to feed people even if they had to have Smugger sing.

Speaking of Jinger and Jeremy's honeymoon plans - IBLP's Australian Centre is in the suburbs of Melbourne and the New Zealand HQ is the ArahinaTraining Centre in Marton.  I wonder whether they will be hosted by IBLP members and Jeremy will do a bit of preaching.  

Chocolate cupcakes all the way - but I'd prefer the chocolate without that cake.

Of course there was no dancing. Only we heathens bump and grind. ;)

Cranberry is a strange flavor, then again, I went to a wedding that had white chocolate raspberry filled cupcakes and those things were delicious. I notice Us Weekly said they had 2000 hand picked flowers. Did the Duggars finally hit a 10K budget wedding? 

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

I've like Derricks man-bun since it first appeared.

Some guys don't suit them, but then some girls look daft with their hair up.

Man-buns are tomorrow's mullets.  Everyone will look back and say, seriously, what made us think that looked good on anyone?

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

Of course there was no dancing. Only we heathens bump and grind. ;)

Cranberry is a strange flavor, then again, I went to a wedding that had white chocolate raspberry filled cupcakes and those things were delicious. I notice Us Weekly said they had 2000 hand picked flowers. Did the Duggars finally hit a 10K budget wedding? 

Maybe they saved by sending J'slaves to do the picking.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived