IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

5 minutes ago, twinmama said:

What a weird fake ass smile on Jin. 

That's a "I've been taking pictures all freakin' day and if one more person wants a selfie with me I will send them back to the hell from whence they came" smile if I've ever seen one.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She could have seen the paparazzi and gotten upset. Remember these pictures are taken by outsiders creeping on them. And Jinger wanted her wedding to be a secret.

I tend to think this, too. It would also explain why Jeremy looks like he's leading her and not comforting her; he's trying to get them away from the cameras.

11 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

She could have seen the paparazzi and gotten upset. Remember these pictures are taken by outsiders creeping on them. And Jinger wanted her wedding to be a secret.

This. Expecting someone to keep a perfect face on for an entire stressful day is really unreasonable. I don't think it's possible to jump to any valid conclusions based on 1 candid picture. Either way, I hope they're happy together and I hope he respects her. 

Though I disagree with the logic of wanting to have a ceremony on the down-low then inviting 1000 people :my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

I don't know, but sometimes I think we overstep with our speculation about these people. We don't know them.  As evidenced by the lack of prior information we had about Jinger's wedding, we are most definitely not privy to everything they do, say or think.  

Jinger's crying face and Jeremy's response to it, for example. A split second in time.  Was she sad/scared at the prospect of leaving her family for the first time?  Was she panicked about her wedding night?  Was she freaked out about the paparazzi?  Was he concerned about her?  Was he annoyed with her?  Was he glancing back just to see if she was there?  We don't know!

Are Jinger's protestations of love indications of love?  Does her smile reach her eyes or is she faking it?  Does Jeremy love her?  Or is he looking for a meek, malleable woman whom he can mold, disregarding his lack of feelings for her?  Is he just looking for fame and hitching his wagon to a Duggar?  Or is he so besotted that he can put aside the fact that she is a Duggar? We don't know!

And Anna and Josh. Is she beholden to him due to her upbringing?  Does she, in fact, love him and want her marriage to continue?  Has the six months in Jesus rehab actually helped Josh come to terms with his issues about sex?  Could he be a devoted husband and loving father?  Could he be trying to be a decent man?  Is he a complete douche?  We don't know!

I hope Jinger is as happy and in love as she portrays. I hope Anna is with Josh because she wants to be. I don't know. 

You win the internet today.  Probably not tomorrow, though. ;-)

Jinger's smile in the posed photo looks fake to me, but I don't read anything into that. My husband's smile in our before-wedding photos looks fake too, because he never learned how to fake a smile convincingly. He was stressed about the major event that was about to happen and though he was happy isn't good at mugging for the camera. She likely is the same. Also she looks tired, which I completely understand. 

Jinger's smile in the posed photo looks fake to me, but I don't read anything into that. My husband's smile in our before-wedding photos looks fake too, because he never learned how to fake a smile convincingly. He was stressed about the major event that was about to happen and though he was happy isn't good at mugging for the camera. She likely is the same. Also she looks tired, which I completely understand. 

Jinger's forced smile looks like mine in some of my wedding photos. I was deliriously happy to be marrying Mr Alba, but in some of the pics you can't see it because my mind was going, "My feet hurt. Why did I choose stilletos? Because they're gorgeous. Does MIL really need a picture of BOTH of us with my aunt and uncle? And with Mr Alba's godmother and her partner? And our witnesses? And my sisters and his siblings and then BOTH sets? Will someone please just let me sit down already?"

Then I got to sit down for a while and look happier in the later pics :pb_lol:

37 minutes ago, nst said:

does this surprise anyone again that Sierra is not the wedding planner. 

She went bat shit crazy the last two times. 

Something or someone must have interfered meaning Jeremy put his foot down because this whole thing has been TOTALLY different from the last two 

that or TLC just said no - and I don't believe that 

I would love to know how this plays out

I think Sierra's not being involved is all TLC's doing.  They probably read here and comments on line about how people felt about Sierra's involvement.  Was she even in one episode this season?   We see on her Instagram that she can do a classier affair but at this point seems that TLC didn't want her name attached to Jinger's wedding.

how much longer til the people spread is released online? i can't wait to see/hear more about their day.

1 hour ago, MargaretElliott said:

That's a "I've been taking pictures all freakin' day and if one more person wants a selfie with me I will send them back to the hell from whence they came" smile if I've ever seen one.

Ohhh yes, lol, I remember my cheeks hurting by the end of my wedding day :)

So there are 5 Duggar girls and 9 boys remaining, where 1 of the 5 girls is eligible for marriage (Joy is too young.) and maybe 2 or 3 of the boys is eligible for marriage. 

Bloody hell, people. Weddings are emotional. shit goes wrong. People cry. People get upset. Jinger could have been crying for a million mundane reasons OR because the gravity of her situation has sunk in. But this is *one* snapshot from a wedding. Calm doon. 

2 hours ago, doubleT said:

Here is what I think was going on in that picture.  Jinger had just said good-bye to her family.  There is a picture of Jessa taken right about the same time as this one ... the one where she is holding a bouquet and she is behind Jeremy and they are going through a door frame.  (Jessa has already changed out of her bridesmaid dress.)    It looks like Jessa is or has been crying too.  Then, there is the picture of Jinger from another angle and it looks like Jinger is crying.  Her and Jeremy are probably heading for the car and so Jinger has probably just hugged all her family and Jessa (her BFF) good-bye. 

Just my 2 cents after seeing the series of photos. 

My sister and I cried at her wedding when we said goodbye. I had no concerns about her husband mistreating her or anything like that, I was just gonna miss my sister. She was moving out of state after her wedding and would be too far away to see often. I don't find the idea of Jinger crying in this situation odd at all.

Re: Jeremy. I was a duggar girl. Mister D is older than me. I was meek and mild and everything a proper fundie girl was supposed to be. I'm not anymore, and a lot of that has to do with Mister D being willing to help me become who I am. Maybe Jeremy will do that for Jinger, maybe he won't, but the ''he's older and she's sensitive means she's going to be abused or a toy for Jeremy' isn't necessarily true.

I find it funny that Sierra wasn't the wedding coordinator, since just a few days ago she posted that she was selling multiple storage units full of wedding supplies because she wants to FOCUS on being a wedding coordinator. I think she's realizing that with 5 kids under foot, she can't do it all.

In other news, I am assuming that this is what Marjorie Jackson wore to the wedding. So nice to see a fundy maiden in something a little nicer than a skirt and baggy cardigan:

2 hours ago, lomo6 said:

I get your point but the entire purpose of this site is snark/speculation.

I totally agree that the idea that a quick snap showing Jinger appearing to cry at her wedding (which I didn't even find to be obvious from the photo) is unlikely to reveal her true state of mind.  

But I don't think it's totally baseless to speculate that Jeremy was specifically seeking out a meek, compliant woman-child. How could he truly fall in love with someone he has never spent 5 minutes alone with? Their *entire* relationship up until marriage was long-distance, to boot. At best he knows the public-facing version of Jinger, the facade that most of us put on at the beginning of relationships, before we start to get comfortable and reveal our true selves (who occasionally fart, miss a patch shaving, leave socks on the floor, reveal an incompatible preference or political idea, etc.). It just doesn't pass the smell test.

And I also don't think it's baseless to speculate that if Anna had a bit more earning power or sense of independence/personal agency she might have made a different choice. Just, quite frankly, as we can speculate that Hillary Clinton - for whom I will be voting tomorrow, by the way -  might have left Bill after the umpteenth humiliation if she hadn't been worried about her political career. 

The purpose of the site is actually to discuss the flaws of fundamentalism. That often takes the form of snark or speculation, but those aren't the reason the site exists.

I do think the speculation and snarking go too far at times. Especially on the Duggar forums and especially when they have a big event going on. It's easy for people to get carried away, especially when we get a ton of new users who aren't familiar with the rules or board culture. Reminders like the one that @Fascinatedwrote can be very useful for those people who are new or for older posters who get carried away at times.

2 minutes ago, sunshine said:

So there are 5 Duggar girls and 9 boys remaining, where 1 of the 5 girls is eligible for marriage (Joy is too young.) and maybe 2 or 3 of the boys is eligible for marriage. 

Joy is 19, so she actually isn't too young. Alyssa Bates Webster was only 19 when she got married and was 20 when she gave birth to her first daughter. Michelle Duggar was only 17 when she married JimBob. So there is precedent.

Also, there are six daughters left - Jana, Joy, Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie. Only Jana and Joy are old enough to be married.

John-David, Joseph, Josiah, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Justin, and Jackson are the remaining sons. Of them, JD, Joseph, and Josiah are old enough for marriage. The twins (Jedidiah and Jeremiah) will turn 18 next month, so they'll technically be old enough then too.

So my guess for bridesmaids are as follows: Jessa, Jill, Jana, Joy-Anna, Anna, Johanna, Jeremy's sister, and my guesses for the last three are possibly Jenny, Jenifer Hortano, and maybe Sierra? Ok it probably wasn't Sierra. Maybe a Query girl?

If this were any other reality show - the Kardashians, Real Housewives, etc. - they would actually use the paps showing up as a plot point for the wedding show and as something for teases. Like show the girls spotting the paps and being worried, show Jinger sobbing and saying something like "Why won't they leave us alone for ONE DAY? I didn't do anything!" and maybe having Jeremy comfort her and tell her that they aren't going to let the press mess with their special day. They could even use this as an excuse to springboard into Josh apologizing to Jinger for bringing this into her life. But this is the Duggars, where everything has to be perfect and any tears come from joy or being overwhelmed with God's love for their poor unworthy selves, and where Josh would never be shown expressing guilt or remorse.

1. Is this Johannah in a pink bridesmaid dress:

tumblr_og9r0hfWmh1v0q3v3o4_400.jpg

2. dlisted  says the wedding will be a two part special. He didn't name a source.

3.  I don't their wedding was that much better than Jill or Jessa's. Jinger definitely had a better reception -maybe.

No wonder there was some distress on Jinger's face outside.  They were both a bit apprehensive about what was waiting outside the church.

Jinger-Duggar-Wedding-11052016-6-1478481394-compressed.jpg

Jinger looks beautiful. Her dress, makeup and hair are all done differently than the Duggar-norms and she looks very much a lovely bride.

I've gotta say though, I'm surprised her dress is as fitted as it is! NIKE!

1 hour ago, alba said:

Jinger's forced smile looks like mine in some of my wedding photos. I was deliriously happy to be marrying Mr Alba, but in some of the pics you can't see it because my mind was going, "My feet hurt. Why did I choose stilletos? Because they're gorgeous. Does MIL really need a picture of BOTH of us with my aunt and uncle? And with Mr Alba's godmother and her partner? And our witnesses? And my sisters and his siblings and then BOTH sets? Will someone please just let me sit down already?"

Then I got to sit down for a while and look happier in the later pics :pb_lol:

I was happy to be marrying Mr. No but I never realized until that day how much facial muscles can hurt after constant smiling.   By the time we got to our reception, I was over the whole smiling thing.  I finally told our photographer, who was constantly in our faces, to back off so I could catch a break.  Anyone seeing me at that moment might have also thought I was not happy.

And all kinds of stuff can happen and all kinds of related emotions can hit you on that day.  I had my moments of annoyance with some members of our wedding party (groomsmen pranks and SIL that barely made it to church) that brought out my inner bitch a few times.  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived