IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

The picture of Josh and the wallers makes me think they were told to get him out of the house during the afterparty (it looks like they are in a restaurant?). 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking isn't possible that Jeremy get close to the Duggars in a way to have more fame and try to make his church bigger, and only after he Fall in love with Jinger and then decide to marry her? So now that they are going to live away from the clan he could help her to growing ? 

Idk maybe is just a dream or what i want is happen. . . . 

Definitely agree that I remain a bit ill at ease with Jeremy. The fact that he knows how to wear a suit does not make him a good person or partner. It's especially concerning because Jinger seems like the most sensitive/impressionable, least self-possessed of the older Duggar daughters, and Jeremy seems like the most dominant and independent of the husbands. Yeah, Derick had a college degree but his work experience consisted of a year or two on a mission trip (basically Christian peace corps), not a professional soccer career followed by starting a church in a state 1,000 miles from home. The gulf between Jeremy and Jinger's levels of life experience is mind-blowing.   

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

when really he just turned out to be Man-Bun John Schrader

Oh my god this is the best thing that I saw all morning. I just laughed really loudly in a very inappropriate setting and now everyone thinks I've lost my mind because I can't explain why. They would not find Man-Bun John Schrader as funny as I do. 

@HerNameIsBuffy such a happy ear worm! Great way to start a Monday! ;) 

I don't know, but sometimes I think we overstep with our speculation about these people. We don't know them.  As evidenced by the lack of prior information we had about Jinger's wedding, we are most definitely not privy to everything they do, say or think.  

Jinger's crying face and Jeremy's response to it, for example. A split second in time.  Was she sad/scared at the prospect of leaving her family for the first time?  Was she panicked about her wedding night?  Was she freaked out about the paparazzi?  Was he concerned about her?  Was he annoyed with her?  Was he glancing back just to see if she was there?  We don't know!

Are Jinger's protestations of love indications of love?  Does her smile reach her eyes or is she faking it?  Does Jeremy love her?  Or is he looking for a meek, malleable woman whom he can mold, disregarding his lack of feelings for her?  Is he just looking for fame and hitching his wagon to a Duggar?  Or is he so besotted that he can put aside the fact that she is a Duggar? We don't know!

And Anna and Josh. Is she beholden to him due to her upbringing?  Does she, in fact, love him and want her marriage to continue?  Has the six months in Jesus rehab actually helped Josh come to terms with his issues about sex?  Could he be a devoted husband and loving father?  Could he be trying to be a decent man?  Is he a complete douche?  We don't know!

I hope Jinger is as happy and in love as she portrays. I hope Anna is with Josh because she wants to be. I don't know. 

Why did Jeremy pick Jinger? I've been thinking that he can "mold" her into what he wants her to be. He's already described her as "meek", he knows her education level, he's moving her (I hope) to another state, away from family influence. IF he provides her with a stable home, a loving environment, some education, some exposure to the world, and takes her to a "city", is that so bad? He will then have a grateful, more informed wife, even if she is molded to his specifications... if it builds her up, is it so bad? She would still have and be more than she was before.

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

I gotta wonder why a college educated, professional sports player would want to marry a Duggar daughter other than he wants someone to control, who will follow his lead.  Also there's the issue of having your life dictated by the family dog and pony show.  How will that impact his ministry?  Maybe it will be a boon, but maybe not. I still believe that Mr. Manbun's job with Walmart may have been negatively impacted, at least in part, by being available for filming and being influenced by his in law family.  This was someone who had a real job with a real future, only to get tossed away for a questionable ministry, and now he's off on doing something else.

All three of the Duggar grooms have basically started out as fanboys who knew what they'd be signing up for.   Most normal guys wouldn't want any part of a a reality show where the money is split a dozen ways.   It's not going to make them rich, it's horribly intrusive, and it could impact their future earning capacity in a negative way.So as far as I'm concerned, there is something not right with all three of them.

And why a college educated, worldly guy would want to marry a barely educated young woman functioning at the emotional level of a 14 year old is an excellent question.  None of the answers I can come up with seem to bode well for Jinge Babe's future.

2 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I don't know, but sometimes I think we overstep with our speculation about these people. We don't know them.  As evidenced by the lack of prior information we had about Jinger's wedding, we are most definitely not privy to everything they do, say or think.  

Jinger's crying face and Jeremy's response to it, for example. A split second in time.  Was she sad/scared at the prospect of leaving her family for the first time?  Was she panicked about her wedding night?  Was she freaked out about the paparazzi?  Was he concerned about her?  Was he annoyed with her?  Was he glancing back just to see if she was there?  We don't know!

Are Jinger's protestations of love indications of love?  Does her smile reach her eyes or is she faking it?  Does Jeremy love her?  Or is he looking for a meek, malleable woman whom he can mold, disregarding his lack of feelings for her?  Is he just looking for fame and hitching his wagon to a Duggar?  Or is he so besotted that he can put aside the fact that she is a Duggar? We don't know!

And Anna and Josh. Is she beholden to him due to her upbringing?  Does she, in fact, love him and want her marriage to continue?  Has the six months in Jesus rehab actually helped Josh come to terms with his issues about sex?  Could he be a devoted husband and loving father?  Could he be trying to be a decent man?  Is he a complete douche?  We don't know!

I hope Jinger is as happy and in love as she portrays. I hope Anna is with Josh because she wants to be. I don't know. 

I get your point but the entire purpose of this site is snark/speculation.

I totally agree that the idea that a quick snap showing Jinger appearing to cry at her wedding (which I didn't even find to be obvious from the photo) is unlikely to reveal her true state of mind.  

But I don't think it's totally baseless to speculate that Jeremy was specifically seeking out a meek, compliant woman-child. How could he truly fall in love with someone he has never spent 5 minutes alone with? Their *entire* relationship up until marriage was long-distance, to boot. At best he knows the public-facing version of Jinger, the facade that most of us put on at the beginning of relationships, before we start to get comfortable and reveal our true selves (who occasionally fart, miss a patch shaving, leave socks on the floor, reveal an incompatible preference or political idea, etc.). It just doesn't pass the smell test.

And I also don't think it's baseless to speculate that if Anna had a bit more earning power or sense of independence/personal agency she might have made a different choice. Just, quite frankly, as we can speculate that Hillary Clinton - for whom I will be voting tomorrow, by the way -  might have left Bill after the umpteenth humiliation if she hadn't been worried about her political career. 

NO SPECULATING ON ABUSE - Jinger has never publicly stated that she was a victim of abuse at the hands of her brother so speculation is off the table.  Period.  I don't care what people think they know - we're going to respect the agency of everyone to decide whether or not to discuss any alleged abuse.  There has needed to be way to much clean up and babysitting this thread because people keep posting stuff like this.  

22 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Thank you so much for this post.  I've been rolling my eyes at some of the speculation but you summed it all up very nicely.

53 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

<snip>

<snip>

Here is what I think was going on in that picture.  Jinger had just said good-bye to her family.  There is a picture of Jessa taken right about the same time as this one ... the one where she is holding a bouquet and she is behind Jeremy and they are going through a door frame.  (Jessa has already changed out of her bridesmaid dress.)    It looks like Jessa is or has been crying too.  Then, there is the picture of Jinger from another angle and it looks like Jinger is crying.  Her and Jeremy are probably heading for the car and so Jinger has probably just hugged all her family and Jessa (her BFF) good-bye. 

Just my 2 cents after seeing the series of photos. 

Reminder: discussion of helpmeet actions belongs in either Community Discussion or private message, not in the thread.

13 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Here is what I think was going on in that picture.  Jinger had just said good-bye to her family.  There is a picture of Jessa taken right about the same time as this one ... the one where she is holding a bouquet and she is behind Jeremy and they are going through a door frame.   It looks like Jessa is or has been crying too.  Then, there is the picture of Jinger from another angle and it looks like Jinger is crying.  Her and Jeremy are probably heading for the car and so Jinger has probably just hugged all her family and Jessa (her BFF) good-bye. 

Just my 2 cents after seeing the series of photos. 

I think you're probably spot on.   Think of how traumatic it is to be for someone who has not lived in the real world to be saying goodbye to all she's ever known and heading out into the unknown.   And she may have been emotional from the whole ceremony still.  I can't read anything more into it.

8 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I think you're probably spot on.   Think of how traumatic it is to be for someone who has not lived in the real world to be saying goodbye to all she's ever known and heading out into the unknown.   And she may have been emotional from the whole ceremony still.  I can't read anything more into it.

I agree completely. I was Jinger's age when I married and I had been away at university and lived a pretty idyllic and non-restricted life. And I was a sobbing mess saying goodbye to my family. And I was only moving four hours away. 

LTL, FTP, etc. 

Haven't seen this discussed yet, have you seen Jeremy's preaching videos? Such as this one: 

https://www.jingerandjeremy.com/2016/10/worms-rocks-rivers-praise-god/

He definitely has a strong charisma, his tone of voice, hand gestures and body language are perfectly suited to preach. He sounds like a reasonable guy, and even (gasp) quite hot in how passionate he is. Doesn't mean his messages aren't problematic af, but he speaks about religion in a relatable, down to earth way compared to the crap we've heard in the TTH on the show.

Miiiiles more literate and well-spoken than the Duggar males - not surprising she fell for him. It makes me happy than Jing ended up with a man who seems to have some brains at least.

56 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Somebody stitch this entire post on a sampler.  I honestly would love to make this a stickied post which we could just link to whenever people meander into totally baseless speculation or (my personal pet peeve) post with certainty about how these people whom they have never met definitely feel about the most personal of topics.  

This post should be required reading.

Oh my freaking god who the hell did that monstruosity to Jinger's face? And i bet Sierra didn't love to not be the wedding planner

1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

<snip>

I've been thinking about the photos of Jinger crying.

On the one hand, it's not at all surprising (to me) that a bride would cry on her wedding day. [My own daughter cried just after the ceremony; they were tears of joy. She and my son-in-law are without a doubt soulmates, and they (and all the family) were just so delighted that they found each other.]

But on the other hand, the thing that bothers me about the photos of Jinger crying is the crying seems to be happening while she is walking out of the church. If a woman is crying on her wedding day, wouldn't her groom--or her mother, her sisters, her friends--take some time to comfort her? Wouldn't they give her a hug, sit her down, pass her a tissue, and give her time to recover?

I can't for the life of me understand why Jinger was being pulled (or so it appears to me) from the church when she was experiencing such strong emotions. It just seems heartless (or at least ignorant) on the part of those who care about her.

1 minute ago, Analytica49 said:

On the one hand, it's not at all surprising (to me) that a bride would cry on her wedding day. [My own daughter cried just after the ceremony; they were tears of joy. She and my son-in-law are without a doubt soulmates, and they (and all the family) were just so delighted that they found each other.]

But on the other hand, the thing that bothers me about the photos of Jinger crying is the crying seems to be happening while she is walking out of the church. If a woman is crying on her wedding day, wouldn't her groom--or her mother, her sisters, her friends--take some time to comfort her? Wouldn't they give her a hug, sit her down, pass her a tissue, and give her time to recover?

I can't for the life of me understand why Jinger was being pulled (or so it appears to me) from the church when she was experiencing such strong emotions. It just seems heartless (or at least ignorant) on the part of those who care about her.

She could have seen the paparazzi and gotten upset. Remember these pictures are taken by outsiders creeping on them. And Jinger wanted her wedding to be a secret.

36 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Apparently some woman named Wendy was the wedding coordinator. Here she is pictured with Jinger.

14963380_302147600178683_8903745712638260111_n[1].jpg

What a weird fake ass smile on Jin. 

8 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

This whole thing makes me laugh my ASS off. I didn't cry at all during or after my wedding. My husband cried from the second he stepped out the door to walk down the aisle until we were toasting with champagne after we'd left the altar. Seriously, some people get caught by the emotions and just cry their hearts out. I don't think my husband was fearing our wedding night (we'd lived together for a few years and had been having sex all that time), he wasn't sad about leaving his family, he wasn't scared of marriage, etc etc. He was happy, it was an emotional day He's like the least emotional person EVER, seriously, other than our wedding day and when our kids came early, I don't think I've seen him cry over anything else.

As for why she was pulled from the church while crying, it's a wedding, you have a  schedule to keep and she could be crying for ages!

1 hour ago, nst said:

and this is what I think Jeremy is like - he is the guy who goes to the Philippines and does this. 

as for Josh in that picture - he is still disgusting and you can tell even he thinks so with the way he is looking.  Only David Waller would dare to post this. 

this was in response to @nastyhobbitses quote from the previous thread:

It's no different from those guys who buy trafficked or desperate women as mail-order brides, especially when you factor in that some of those women resign themselves to such a fate because it's their only way out.

Are you kidding me?  It's exactly like what is often a cover for human trafficking?  No difference?

If marrying someone that you don't know well enough because they're really hot and on paper it looks like you want all the same things and they will give you gorgeous babies...and you're in a place in your life where you're ready to settle down and do the marriage and baby thing and you really want to move out of the house and start your grown up life but doing it on your own seems really hard and kind of scary...which is less scary when you have someone to support you financially because you have NO idea how to do that yourself.... and they are on board and totally into you and make you feel like a princess because of the endless attention which you don't understand yet is more obsessive love than healthy infatuation...and people keep telling you how lucky you are because they are so good looking and come from a good family and OMG he loves you soooo much... and due to said families the only way you can sleep together (apart from a backseat or super fast before parents come home) and getting married seems the only way to have sex all the time without guilt is like purchasing a person...

Well someone call my ex husband and tell him he's been trafficked because that's what I did to him.  

I don't get the assumption that fundies are necessarily so much deeper than the rest of us when it comes to choosing a spouse.  

1 minute ago, eleanora3 said:

She could have seen the paparazzi and gotten upset. Remember these pictures are taken by outsiders creeping on them. And Jinger wanted her wedding to be a secret.

I get the sense that THEY wanted to keep things more private.  They probably originally DID want a smaller ceremony, and then it blew up just because all of those damn families are so large.  They didn't want any of the planning details shared, maybe TLC, but maybe just as much them wanting a more private occasion. I wouldn't be surprised if seeing all the paparazzi just threw her off - Jeremy looks just as peeved. I also think if her reaction WASN'T due to the paparazzi she would have been hiding her face a little more and not staring right at them, 

11 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Oh my freaking god who the hell did that monstruosity to Jinger's face? And i bet Sierra didn't love to not be the wedding planner

does this surprise anyone again that Sierra is not the wedding planner. 

She went bat shit crazy the last two times. 

Something or someone must have interfered meaning Jeremy put his foot down because this whole thing has been TOTALLY different from the last two 

that or TLC just said no - and I don't believe that 

I would love to know how this plays out

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived