IGNORED

Jingermy - We 'Knew' the Bride When She Used to Snarky Eyeroll

HerNameIsBuffy

So, if they are going to stay in a hotel for a couple of days, and then head to Australia/NZ for their honeymoon--do you think they'll be back for Thanksgiving [in the US, its Thursday the 24th]? That will give them a good 2-weeks-ish trip -- I can't imagine going to Australia AND New Zealand, from the middle of North America, for less than 2 weeks.

There is no way they can avoid having TLC film them doing water/beach related stuff [like snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef] on such a trip--and in the summer heat. It will be very interesting to see what kind of swimwear Jinger goes with.  Tshirt & board shorts?  

What about bungee jumping [invented, or at least popularized, in NZ, I think?] or walking the top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge? I can't see Jinger being allowed to do either in a long skirt and flip flops.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weddings are interesting. One wedding that I attended last year my two friends that were with me cried and I laughed as I handed them tissues. This year I will admit that I got a little teary, tears are pretty normal wedding wise. Although, if she was crying about the paparazzi, that sucks. I hope Jeremy treats her as well as he can and that they're happy. You know if they wanted to move away from being fundamentalist Christians that would be great. But that's sure as hell not going to happen! 

I have been to NZ- it was a beautiful 2 week trip. We did not do Australia because of the time factor. How long are they going to be honeymooning? 3+ weeks would be needed to put a dent in those countries.

Jinger is afraid of heights, so I doubt many adventurous activities wouldl be out. They should have gone to Europe. Australia and NZ are fairly outdoors oriented, not Jinger at all.

Just now, Coconut Flan said:

No wonder there was some distress on Jinger's face outside.  They were both a bit apprehensive about what was waiting outside the church.

Jinger-Duggar-Wedding-11052016-6-1478481394-compressed.jpg

I'll guess the next photo has followed Jinger being upset and Jeremy just reassuring her and saying something like they should just go for it, hence he's ahead. The paps probably started taking shots and Jinger started crying and Jeremy probably turned to her angry and concerned she was getting so upset at their wedding.

Potentially crying because of the paps- FFS, If not for the fame whore parents, TV and the paps, these idiots would still be in frumpers and bogarting bread to hide and eat in the bathroom. If it's too much for you, walk the eff away and live a life that corresponds to your education and skill levels. NOW that would be something to be upset or cry about.

These people are all adults. They didn't seem to mind the paps when the money was rolling in.

11 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Seriously, what's up between Jessica seewald and her family? I know she's living by herself, but she's still pretty nuts, they can't have cut her off, right? 

I'm not sure if relationship between her family is strained or not. Guinn does post positive things on her daughter's FB, Michael I'm not sure sure about. It's possible that she was just too busy (though she did take a trip last week to Fayetteville so she might have a strained relationship)

In any case, Jessica Seewald is a special kind of ignorant. She lives on her own, has a boyfriend, wears bikinis etc...but she is racist, homophobic, transphobic ,Islamaphobic, and just plain obnoxious. Based on her fb posts, she's also obsessed with getting married. 

1 hour ago, Carol said:
  3 hours ago, Fascinated said:

I don't know, but sometimes I think we overstep with our speculation about these people. We don't know them.  As evidenced by the lack of prior information we had about Jinger's wedding, we are most definitely not privy to everything they do, say or think.  

Jinger's crying face and Jeremy's response to it, for example. A split second in time.  Was she sad/scared at the prospect of leaving her family for the first time?  Was she panicked about her wedding night?  Was she freaked out about the paparazzi?  Was he concerned about her?  Was he annoyed with her?  Was he glancing back just to see if she was there?  We don't know!

Are Jinger's protestations of love indications of love?  Does her smile reach her eyes or is she faking it?  Does Jeremy love her?  Or is he looking for a meek, malleable woman whom he can mold, disregarding his lack of feelings for her?  Is he just looking for fame and hitching his wagon to a Duggar?  Or is he so besotted that he can put aside the fact that she is a Duggar? We don't know!

And Anna and Josh. Is she beholden to him due to her upbringing?  Does she, in fact, love him and want her marriage to continue?  Has the six months in Jesus rehab actually helped Josh come to terms with his issues about sex?  Could he be a devoted husband and loving father?  Could he be trying to be a decent man?  Is he a complete douche?  We don't know!

I hope Jinger is as happy and in love as she portrays. I hope Anna is with Josh because she wants to be. I don't know. 

This is so true. I often wonder, when did that poster have a sit down with any Duggar, when did you learn to read their minds or what closet were you hiding in to hear or get a feel for what truly was happening? For the most part, we only see what they want projected on the show and we don't see the real thing. I get a giggle from poster's attitudes more than the facts sometimes.

I also see so many say they want the show canceled but where would your material come from then? I consider the show escapism and with that in mind, I don't want it to end any time soon. Don't shoot me, just my opinion.

3 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Jinger's crying face and Jeremy's response to it, for example. A split second in time.  Was she sad/scared at the prospect of leaving her family for the first time?  Was she panicked about her wedding night?  Was she freaked out about the paparazzi?  Was he concerned about her?  Was he annoyed with her?  Was he glancing back just to see if she was there?  We don't know!

Co-signed

Here's the thing about paparazzi shots.  They're taking hundreds and hundreds in the split seconds because digital cameras allow that, and then picking the ones that they think will sell best to websites and news outlets, which will be either be deliriously happy, or something that hints at scandal.

This will age me, but I remember how Princess Diana was treated by the press, because it was the first time I really thought about it, when I was a teen.  You'd see pictures of her obviously shot at exactly the same time, say walking out of the the gym, and down a road.  On newspaper cover A, it would be a picture to illustrate "Diana devastated that her sons can't come to her at Xmas" (or whatever).  On cover B, taken a few steps later, there's one to go with "Diana revelling in her life free of Palace interference".  The reason this is possible is that people's faces are mobile, and especially expressive types will be having these split-second expressions.

So maybe Jinger is sneezing - maybe one of her sisters just said something really lovely to her that made her cry (I wept pretty much non-stop through my sister's wedding because it was lovely, and we cried together because we were so happy).  Maybe she looks uncomfortable coming out of a dark church into bright light.

All I know is that it's ridiculous to read things into paparazzi photos without seeing the full series of shots from the moment - and even then, that can only give a working theory, that would need tons more evidence to back up.

ETA:  Doubt it's crying at the paparazzi, BTW, as it looks like a really long lens, and she's not looking in that direction.  If there were pics of her seeing the cameras and looking horrified, sure, but the Occam's Razor solution to "why might Jinger be crying?" is "She's an emotional girl who just got married"!!!

Signed:  photography obsessive

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

The purpose of the site is actually to discuss the flaws of fundamentalism. That often takes the form of snark or speculation, but those aren't the reason the site exists.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!

I really wish I could figure out a way to get that back in the header, but THIS is what we are for. 

I wish I could like your post more times @VelociRapture!

I just hope that Jinger is crying happy tears and adjusts better to being just Jer and her than Jill who about lost her marbles with Derek being gone for hours at Walmart. 

12 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I'm not sure if relationship between her family is strained or not. Guinn does post positive things on her daughter's FB, Michael I'm not sure sure about. It's possible that she was just too busy (though she did take a trip last week to Fayetteville so she might have a strained relationship)

In any case, Jessica Seewald is a special kind of ignorant. She lives on her own, has a boyfriend, wears bikinis etc...but she is racist, homophobic, transphobic ,Islamaphobic, and just plain obnoxious. Based on her fb posts, she's also obsessed with getting married. 

Only obsessed? The bitch is crazy to get married and just a bit passive agressive. I'm a few months older than her and just the way she talks scares the shit out of me

I wonder will paps be at NZ and Australia on the look out for them.

I'm gonna go with yes. The paps in Sydney at least are crazy when it comes to any sort of celebrity. So couple in the facts it's a Duggar straight from a restriction-filled household into a new one where we aren't 100% sure which sort of restrictions will be in place? Getting photographs of them could potentially pay big bucks.

For people who think Derick's hair is inappropriate for a wedding, can I ask what you'd want him to do?  I thought it looked neat and smart, probably much moreso than him wearing hair that length down.  Or is is just that you don't like long hair on men?  I'm fascinated, esp seeing those comments next to ones saying the bridesmaids should have had up-dos.

Next Q:  I'm super-interested in how they decided who made the cut between guests invited to the wedding only, the reception, and the after-party/Spurgeon's party at the house.  It's also making me grin, because in the UK it's usually the opposite way round, in that the smallest number of guests get to see the actual wedding, then that lot get the meal, and then more people get invited to the reception-only party part (with cake cutting, first dance etc). (ETA: I guess it might be different when people get married in a church that has to be open-access, eg people can just rock up and watch that bit, as has happened in weddings in big churches I've been to)

And finally:  I know I'm in a minority here, but I think it's great that the wedding was on Spurgeon's birthday, from a sisterly perspective (nice link for favourite sisters to share the same milestone) and damn, it's good for the usual Duggar gift-grab!  Plus they don't have to spend money on a separate party!  10 points, Duggars!

8 minutes ago, Lurky said:

For people who think Derick's hair is inappropriate for a wedding, can I ask what you'd want him to do?  I thought it looked neat and smart, probably much moreso than him wearing hair that length down.  Or is is just that you don't like long hair on men?  I'm fascinated, esp seeing those comments next to ones saying the bridesmaids should have had up-dos.

I was wondering this too. It seems the neatest way for him to wear his hair considering the length it is, much more put together than if it were just shaggy and loose. And it seems a bit much to expect someone to cut their hair just for a wedding they're a guest in. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

-do you think they'll be back for Thanksgiving [in the US, its Thursday the 24th]?

They would be smart to fly home on Thanksgiving. Cheaper rates in the US because people will be at their destination and the airports should be fairly empty.

So on the last thread

@Pasta said:

Do you think the they're waiting a couple days to go on honeymoon so they can vote?

I wonder the same thing. I hope they don't vote so the orange one doesn't get another vote. I also wonder are the 18+ duggar kids registered to vote? And if they are, Jinger would need to be in Arkansas to vote unless she did an absentee ballot.

@nst said on the last thread:

do you think that they will get the cover of People? because in some threads below you mentioned that the photographer said it's coming out on Monday which makes sense re election day 

I am thinking a side panel and then 4 pages inside and then in US magazine 

I saw the Daily Beast (I think) post with some pictures of the dresses. I think others have it right, People will cover the election, US will have the Duggars. I think People will just have them on the side bar of the cover.

So since my last comment was down voted multiple times, my first BTW (so proud), I'll get it all out. I hate that this family, that has made a good deal of money by selling their religious lifestyle, does not appear to be connected to any organized religion, in the sense that they come together each week to support their beliefs and encourage the tenets that they pretend to emulate; including scripture, the Word, servants' hearts and a love for Jesus. Christianity is not about isolation, it's about sharing the good news and making the Lord's words and scriptures ALIVE in the world. 

As an addition to this thought, for a verbally religious family, they would not need to venue shop for a wedding ceremony. I was raised in a religious home, was very involved in organized religion and the Duggars' approach just seems like window dressing and words.

As someone said before, The Duggars worship at the altar of JB- they aren't interested in community worship or living the words of Jesus outside the walls of the TTH.

Kudos to Jill/Derick and Ben/Jessa who have made reference to attending an actual congregation. I am sure that Jinger and Jeremy will do the same.

The key here, is that these people are peddling religion, yet seem to have no connection to actual religion. It's a sham (and a shame).

58 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Potentially crying because of the paps- FFS, If not for the fame whore parents, TV and the paps, these idiots would still be in frumpers and bogarting bread to hide and eat in the bathroom. If it's too much for you, walk the eff away and live a life that corresponds to your education and skill levels. NOW that would be something to be upset or cry about.

These people are all adults. They didn't seem to mind the paps when the money was rolling in.

THANK YOU! The Duggar adult "children" drive me nuts. One minute they fame whore themselves out alongside their parents and the next they want privacy. Like you said, if they want to have some private moments to themselves, put your foot down and have a private wedding. Meaning no TLC, no magazine press, no posting to your social media accounts seconds after you say "I do". These kids are delusional if they aren't as about the money as their parents. They know without TLC they can't have the lifestyle they desire.

26 minutes ago, Lurky said:

For people who think Derick's hair is inappropriate for a wedding, can I ask what you'd want him to do?  I thought it looked neat and smart, probably much moreso than him wearing hair that length down.  Or is is just that you don't like long hair on men? 

I think that Derick should have cut his hair long ago, seeing that he was in CA with very little running water. It woud have made more sense to have short hair. But that's sensible and we're talking Derick, so not gonna happen. I don't have a problem with the man bun but I think that there are very few men who can pull it off. Unsure about him being one of them.

This will sums up my feelings on Derick :P 

I've probably let my strong dislike of the man bun influence my feelings about Derick's appearance. I HATE THEM. I just want this man bun fad to die very soon.

And it seems no matter what Derick tries to do with himself lately, he always looks unkempt. 

14 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So that is what really caused that earthquake then. 

"Did the earth move for you too?"
lol

6 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think that Derick should have cut his hair long ago, seeing that he was in CA with very little running water.

Really interested in this - do you think they both should have done the same? 

I disagree, personally, because women all over the world can manage to have long hair in places without running water (or have to, in some places, because of community pressure) so I don't see why it's different for men.

@MyMilkshake my daughter and I were just talking about the man bun yesterday and the fact we both hate them. We both said we are getting used to them but we don't like them. However, if you have long hair, keeping it up and tidy as possible (like Derrick did) for a wedding is the best that can be asked. I think his hair looked fine, I don't like it but it looked neat.

Others have commented about the girls hair worn down and they should have had up-dos. In their gothard "religion," hair is their crowning glory and wearing it down shows who has the longest, most lushest thus most holy girl. It would be a point of envy to others. Plus if she is single it will show the single men how virtuous (cough-legalistic-cough) she is!

1 minute ago, Lurky said:

Really interested in this - do you think they both should have done the same? 

I disagree, personally, because women all over the world can manage to have long hair in places without running water (or have to, in some places, because of community pressure) so I don't see why it's different for men.

I think it would have been a lot easier for both of them if they did. I have long hair but if I went to a place without frequent running water, I'd cut it off in a heartbeat. 

Different cultures, different ideas of sanitation. I'm not saying that other people aren't doing it right but with North American belief systems, most people start to feel grimy after a couple of days. I mean the itch alone would dry me bonkers. Of course to each their own but honestly, he should have cut it, in my opinion. 

I'm putting my neck out and saying I'm on #teamDerickmanbun

Its just a little poke in the eye of the Gothardite  khakis n polo shirt dress code.

Give me the manbun over JB's ozone-layer-threatening hair helmet any day.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

My sister and I cried at her wedding when we said goodbye. I had no concerns about her husband mistreating her or anything like that, I was just gonna miss my sister. She was moving out of state after her wedding and would be too far away to see often. I don't find the idea of Jinger crying in this situation odd at all.

Re: Jeremy. I was a duggar girl. Mister D is older than me. I was meek and mild and everything a proper fundie girl was supposed to be. I'm not anymore, and a lot of that has to do with Mister D being willing to help me become who I am. Maybe Jeremy will do that for Jinger, maybe he won't, but the ''he's older and she's sensitive means she's going to be abused or a toy for Jeremy' isn't necessarily true.

Was your husband fundie too? How did you two meet/date? 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived