IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Fascinated said:

That's actually a very nice photo. I wonder, though, if any of them has ever tucked in a shirt. I have no inclination to sort through past photos ( @nst, what do you have in this regard?), but, geez, skirts look nice with a tucked in shirt and cute belt.  No less modest, either. 

Personally, I think I look awful if I tuck my shirt into my skirt. I'm quite short-waisted and busty, so the end result is that I look very busty (which would not be considered modest by this lot :P ).

Jana and Joy look a bit curvier than their sisters, so it wouldn't surprise me if they'd been shamed for tucking their shirts in and "showing off" their figures in the past.

I'd never tuck a shirt into a skirt.  I used to have to for school, but then we started sneaking the fitted blouses which stuck out at the bottom (to go around a hip) and even the teachers agreed that those shirts couldn't be tucked in.  I haven't done so since to the extent that I don't understand why someone would unless wearing a full suit/very formal attire.

7 minutes ago, friendofgreen said:

doesn't he always? lol 

Well yeah of course but especially so with those glasses and that super cool white hat. :chi-yes:

Does he have those transition lenses? I always like making fun of my brother when we come into the house and it still looks dark on his glasses :pb_razz:

11 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Does he have those transition lenses? I always like making fun of my brother when we come into the house and it still looks dark on his glasses :pb_razz:

It looks like it. That right there is why I didn't get transitions, though I kind of regretted it this morning on my way to work when the sun decided to come out from behind a cloud halfway through my commute, just to shine on all the big puddles on the road. Of course, I was wearing my normal glasses, with my polarised sunglasses sitting in my bag in the back of the car, because it had been cloudy and grey when I left the flat.

I see she is back to tight shirts and ugly skirts!!   Lol

disclaimer: the skirt is only mildly ugly. I just couldn't resist the rhyme. 

5 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Transition lens seem like a good idea, until you're inside and your glasses still won't go right. I've been that doofus. Never again! :D 

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Ben kinda looks like a doofus. 

We do a volunteer night at a big rodeo for the military in Houston. We talk to the veterans while they are waiting for the busses to go back to the base and they laughingly call their military issue glasses "birth control" glasses because they are so ugly. He is wearing "birth control glasses for sure.

4 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Carm_88,  if you have two pairs of glasses -one of them with regular clear lenses,  would Transitions get dark enough to work as sunglasses?

They used to. Back when they first came out, I don't know if they still do. Mine went full on sunglasses until I stepped inside. took forever to get back. But I am guessing you could just use them as sunglasses. 

7 hours ago, Timetostoplurking said:

I see she is back to tight shirts and ugly skirts!!   Lol

disclaimer: the skirt is only mildly ugly. I just couldn't resist the rhyme. 

Nice belly button, Jess. And they think WE dress immodestly???

5 hours ago, sansan said:

We do a volunteer night at a big rodeo for the military in Houston. We talk to the veterans while they are waiting for the busses to go back to the base and they laughingly call their military issue glasses "birth control" glasses because they are so ugly. He is wearing "birth control glasses for sure.

Well, apparently we've now discovered a form of birth control that's acceptable to the Duggars.

12 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Carm_88,  if you have two pairs of glasses -one of them with regular clear lenses,  would Transitions get dark enough to work as sunglasses?

They do not offer the proper coverage for those who are trying to avoid conditions such as macular degeneration, per my eye MD. So for light eyed folks, or those with a family history, transition lenses should not be used as sun glasses.

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

The modesty is more attention seeking than anything.

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The modesty is more attention seeking than anything.

This times a million! Good to know that Jessa will continue to continue the family tradition! 

Breaking news - Ben has informed us on their blog that putting the baby in a stroller and going for a walk is a good family outing.  

Gosh, who would have thought it.  I wish I'd had such advice when my kids were little.

7 minutes ago, Karma said:

Breaking news - Ben has informed us on their blog that putting the baby in a stroller and going for a walk is a good family outing.  

Gosh, who would have thought it.  I wish I'd had such advice when my kids were little.

He just proves day after day that he is a doofus. :kitty-cussing:

14 minutes ago, Karma said:

They really think they are doing us a favor, don't they?  What a dumb family.  The Duggars Dumbers.  

17 hours ago, marmalade said:

If you looked up Hypocrite in the dictionary, there'd be a picture of the Duggars.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived