IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Having My Baby"...one of the worst songs ever.

Not that Jessa (and maybe Ben) will ever know that, because it's not a hymn or classical piece.  Maybe their lifestyle does come with its perks.

Perks, yeah right. I'm not kidding anybody, including myself. 

As soon as I read the title I was like, "Aw, fuck! Now that horrible song is going to be stuck in my head." And it is! Glad I'm not the only one. lol

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Oh goodie, another song to drive me crazy. Joking. :562479521d2a1_32(3):

Not gonna lie.  Totally makes me think of Full House.

This title made me laugh so hard. My father-in-law would jokingly sing this song to his wife when she was pregnant. He forgot until relatively recently. Now he's trying to convince my husband to sing it to me as a joke. I'm grateful my husband has better taste than that. :pb_lol:

Not gonna lie, when I first saw the title I thought Jessa had somehow sucked a baby out of someone else and was now carrying it instead.

Suctioning babies for Jesus!

I like that we are starting a string of song themed topics. But the earworms...there go my days trying to find the songs on youtube to get them out of my head....

18 hours ago, pamplemousse said:

"Having My Baby"...one of the worst songs ever.

Not that Jessa (and maybe Ben) will ever know that, because it's not a hymn or classical piece.  Maybe their lifestyle does come with its perks.

Shhhhhh. Don't say that too loud. Wouldn't want them to listen to that song. It could become their new anti-abortion anthem to be sung while wearing their Roe vs Wade t-shirts.

"Didn't have to do it. Wouldn't put you through it. You could have swept it from your life but you wouldn't do it. No you wouldn't do it. And you're having my baby.........."

Long-time lurker. Finally created an account to ask...seriously, what are they even pretending that Ben does for a living these days? I watched the first two episodes of season 2 and it appears he's just meeting with/shadowing random people who work with children to get some ideas? Not exactly the situation most people want to be in when they're expecting their second kid in less than 18 months and spouse has no income or prospects. I know for a while he was going to community college and then he was supposed to be JimBob's "odd jobs" man...I guess they're not even pretending anymore?

5 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

Long-time lurker. Finally created an account to ask...seriously, what are they even pretending that Ben does for a living these days? I watched the first two episodes of season 2 and it appears he's just meeting with/shadowing random people who work with children to get some ideas? Not exactly the situation most people want to be in when they're expecting their second kid in less than 18 months and spouse has no income or prospects. I know for a while he was going to community college and then he was supposed to be JimBob's "odd jobs" man...I guess they're not even pretending anymore?

The rabid fans don't get suspicious enough to ask, and when they get a bills hit answer, they accept it. But a lot of people are aware they are huge moochers. I definitely see insults on TLC Duggar videos on their TLC Youtube channel.

Ben does have an income. He gets paid to be on TV. He and Jessa probably make 20-30 thousand dollars an episode(I'm basing this on a business insider story about what reality stars make). Sometimes I think people forget that reality stars get paid. He is also studying to become a preacher(He already has a associates degree in business)

I'm going back to lurking :).

10 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

We need to make lots of replies so we can go to part 11.

Which we can call........."Lady Madonna" 

I kinda like the title cause it reminds me of the Glee scene when Finn sings it at the dinner table. Weirdest musical interlude in the show to me.

21 hours ago, MyMilkshake said:

As soon as I read the title I was like, "Aw, fuck! Now that horrible song is going to be stuck in my head." And it is! Glad I'm not the only one. lol

Yeah... with your username I don't think you get to complain about earworms...

Spoiler

milkshake.jpg

13 minutes ago, just...sare said:

Yeah... with your username I don't think you get to complain about earworms...

Hide contents

milkshake.jpg

bwahaha
you've got a good point there :D 

5 hours ago, lomo6 said:

He is enrolled in Moody Bible Institute online classes. Well, or he's pretending to be on instagram. He posted his new semester books recently. 

and the show is their job. unfortunately. 

I remember when my friends were playing at a bar once and someone in the crowd was giving his pregnant wife a massage.

My friend (the singer) goes "what do I have to do to get a massage?" in which the man replied, "have my baby."

I've never seen her more mortified in her life...

6 hours ago, Kira said:

Ben does have an income. He gets paid to be on TV. He and Jessa probably make 20-30 thousand dollars an episode(I'm basing this on a business insider story about what reality stars make). Sometimes I think people forget that reality stars get paid. He is also studying to become a preacher(He already has a associates degree in business)

I agree they are being paid, but I just don't think that they aren't making 20-30K per episode.  First, I totally believe that somehow the money is going into Duggar Inc.  JB is managing them and the money goes to a business entity.  From that they get paid a salary.  And honestly, given that they live rent free, and spend most of their time at the TTH they probably don't need much $$ to live on.  I bet they eat at the compound most of the time, and most of their travels are filmed or related to an appearance so the cost is covered.  They get used cars from JB, and from the looks of their wardrobe, they are probably buying a lot of it used or at budget places.  So I think they are probably living comfortably because any income they have is for fun stuff, not to cover rent, mortgage, health insurance, tuition, groceries, day care, etc.  Not a bad gig really for two idiots and their cute baby

Jessa is probably going to struggle with two kids so close in age. Spud was only, what, six months old when she conceived again? Ben is an immature toad and they are so over one another. Jana may help out again like she did when Spud was born. 

7 hours ago, Kira said:

Oh good lord. That amount of money. No wonder during jingoes announcement they had BEC faces.

phoning it in.

9 minutes ago, season of life said:

Jessa is probably going to struggle with two kids so close in age. Spud was only, what, six months old when she conceived again? Ben is an immature toad and they are so over one another. Jana may help out again like she did when Spud was born. 

Well counting on Facebook page has Jana holding spud while jessa pretends to make some sauce in the dented kitchen fridge.

it must be all staging constantly.

and Jana and jessa have no chemistry together

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived