IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

He didnt mention that she found them at the consignment shop.

Buy used and save the difference! :P

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On October 28, 2016 at 10:59 AM, nst said:

everything Ben writes about is crap and he acts like he is the first one to discover anything 

don't you know he discovered the internet.....

It would be nice to think he's growing but I think he's just taking a page from the Promise Keepers--all races included in a fundie male patriarchy

Anne Askew was a Reformation martyr, but they would probably call a girl Askew, not Anna

I do *not* get a happily-married-and-in-love vibe from that video. Jessa's smile/grimace is hard to watch. And seriously, all you can reminisce about your wedding day is that it was cold and started late?! 

1 hour ago, bal maiden said:

I do *not* get a happily-married-and-in-love vibe from that video. Jessa's smile/grimace is hard to watch. And seriously, all you can reminisce about your wedding day is that it was cold and started late?! 

well if they shared more that would negate the purpose of them trying to minister and show us how they can't kiss after 2 years 

Oh. my. goodness.   I watched the kiss last night and found it disturbing.  I was especially bothered by them mentioning how cold it was (16*  that morning?!), the wedding starting late, and them making all the guests wait outside in the cold!  I mean, it looked bad from the screen, but it sounds even worse in retrospect, with additional information about JUST how cold it was. 

But guys, I went back to instagram to rewatch and laugh again.  Guess what's been edited?!?!  Just the two of them talking now, no more incredibly, painfully awkward weird kiss with a strange twist midway through.  

ETA: Rats.  Looks like the rest is still on their blog.  Jebus.  Two years and that's the best they've got?  I'm amazed the second blessing is on the way.  Guess Lego discussions don't really prepare folks for marital intimacy.

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I definitely prefer Derrick dipping Jill than this awkward twist of a kiss from the seewalds.

I want to grab Derrick and shake him. Tell him to kiss his wife right and stop being a doofus. There's really no need for that, it's just a show tactic. 

3 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Clearly it was the best day of their whole lives. *Not* I don't get that vibe from them either and I don't think that the awkward kiss is very nice. They really should have thought about that a bit more. 

So they've edited out the kiss. Too late guys, it is here on FJ for ever. If they hadn't done the head tilt, it would probably be OK. Mr. Wolf and I do a peck kiss when one of us is leaving.

5 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

So, I've been thinking about it, and have decided that they need to have a daughter and name her Murgatroyd. It would be as bad as Spurgeon's, and they could call their kids Spurgie and Murgie.

This reminds me of an old Hyles-Anderson song: "Ethel Murgatroyd Devall. She is the greatest girl of all. She looks bad in reality, but she's got a great personality". . . Sorry- Fundie Flashback Moment.

6 hours ago, fundiefollower said:

Oh my.  I thought you all must be exaggerating about the kiss in the video.  Wow.  I have never seen anything like that.  Worst ever.

Me too. That's awful. Maybe Jeremy can give Ben some tips. . . once he's allowed to think about defrauding things like kissing again.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

So they've edited out the kiss. Too late guys, it is here on FJ for ever. If they hadn't done the head tilt, it would probably be OK. Mr. Wolf and I do a peck kiss when one of us is leaving.

The peck kiss is completely fine and if that was all that they did, the kiss might have been fine. However, that awkward, strange head tilt made it all weird and ick! 

7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

He didnt mention that she found them at the consignment shop.

You're amazing :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Buy used and save the difference! :P

Eewww. Like how mama birds feed their babies?

Why do we have to see them kiss at all??  I hate watching people kiss.  I'm all like.       " keep it private people!"    :my_sick:

It looks like they probably storyboarded the video beforehand, which made the kiss look awkward and unnatural. But geez, I can't decide who has less chemistry: them, or Josh & Anna. And it's not even funny, because they are so young, and marriage can be a very lonely place if you're lukewarm toward eachother.

It's kinda similar to Josh and Anna now that you mention it. Josh always seemed to be more interested in himself and so does Jessa. Funny about that smugness being a family trait. 

Remember them posting a picture of a kiss on their honeymoon? Then JB and M copied it. That's one weird family.

What should we expect considering they were likely only allowed to watch movies like The Sound of Music and Michelle blurs out her bare naked knees waterskiing. How often have they seen actual kissing? They barely know the people they marry. Who wants to stick thier tounge in a strangers mouth.

I think it would be awful to be married to Ben. Hes always preaching all over the internet, hes probably really up himself.

I have noticed that Jessa seems to wear baggy ugly shirts all the time lately. I wonder why that is? Maybe they decided snug fitting shirts are evil?

That kiss was as bad as advertised. So weird. 

The video made me ill. Too much rocking and shaking. Invest in a tripod or edit the video to remove shakiness or something! :my_sick:

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

What should we expect considering they were likely only allowed to watch movies like The Sound of Music and Michelle blurs out her bare naked knees waterskiing. How often have they seen actual kissing? They barely know the people they marry. Who wants to stick thier tounge in a strangers mouth.

Considering how JB and Michelle behave in front of the kids, I bet the Duggarlings have seen their share of kissing.  :output_eeMbjt:

6 hours ago, Teacup said:

I think it would be awful to be married to Ben. Hes always preaching all over the internet, hes probably really up himself.

I have noticed that Jessa seems to wear baggy ugly shirts all the time lately. I wonder why that is? Maybe they decided snug fitting shirts are evil?

That was earlier in her pregnancy, before she was ready to announce. Many women tend to show earlier with subsequent pregnancies, so switching to baggier tops can help conceal any bump that may appear early on.

She seems to have switched back to more fitted tops for the most part. Which could just be because that's the popular style in maternity wear now. I can personally vouch that I look way better (and feel more confident)  in more fitted outfits at almost 30 weeks pregnant than I do in baggier clothes. Many other women feel the same way too.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived