IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

9 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Looks like they are at IBLP family camp in big Sandy 

What makes you think that? Have you seen any pictures?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/12/2016 at 6:57 AM, season of life said:

Spud looks adorable. Jessa can find out by now if her baby is a girl or boy, right? She's saving that for the show, I'm sure.

I know that I am having a boy and I am due around the same time as her. 

6 hours ago, devoe364 said:

I know that I am having a boy and I am due around the same time as her. 

Awe congratulations! <3

So I totally snooped her instagram and their website today. I readily admit that Jessa is my favourite Duggar. That said, I am still a very harsh critic of the hypocrisies of their lifestyles (particularly the educational neglect, which as a former teacher, I cannot wrap my head around - except that these extreme religions seem to follow the old Roman Catholic keep them poor, keep them uneducated and keep them afraid practice), and I readily admit, I don't know for sure that they aren't blanket training, or something similar.

That said, OMG their child is cute. I love that they haven't cut his hair. It seems like a small thing, but I think the younger Bates (I saw Alyssa wearing TIGHT yoga pants on her instagram today) and Duggars taking small steps like this are actually really huge.

I've witnessed, first hand, how natural assimilation works with my Old Colony Mennonite friends. I have a friend from a family of 6. The three oldest (all girls) were born in Mexico or Manitoba before their parents moved permanently to Alberta. The younger three (boy, girl, boy) were all born in Alberta.

The oldest three all quit school between the 6th and 8th grade, where they went to work, handing over 90% of their pay to their parents. The eldest was engaged at a young age twice, and then waited a long time to get married. She is now married with one two year old. 

The second daughter waited awhile to get married, she is married now with two children, a boy and a girl. Her husband's family is slightly more conservative than her older sister's husband.

The third daughter married young (my ex) and they divorced. She is now living with the father of her daughter (I am not sure if she is married or not).

The younger three got to finish high school - all of them. Neither of the boys are married. The youngest girl is married, and has been for two  years with no kids.

Many of these things, particularly the waiting to get married, waiting for kids and not having as many kids as they possibly can, are big changes. Their parents started with little ones - like letting their single daughter buy a car with a car loan, and having a TV and radio in the house. Little changes their parents made, led to bigger changes for their children.

Hopefully it means even bigger changes for Spud, Izzy and the M Kids children.. 

6 hours ago, Purrl said:

That's a nice family picture. Jessa is wearing a cute, loose top instead of the usual tight t-shirt that shows of her belly.

give her time

I truly wonder why she does not post more pics. It is not as she would not have constant help from all her sisterslaves with, well the child (had to chuckle so hard while typing the name I had to stop). She always striked me as very aware of her outward impression and how to control it.

13 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I truly wonder why she does not post more pics. It is not as she would not have constant help from all her sisterslaves with, well the child (had to chuckle so hard while typing the name I had to stop). She always striked me as very aware of her outward impression and how to control it.

It's about control and power with her and probably pr and her lovely secretive ways. 

besides we have seen it already.... does anyone care anymore really :D

that and I bet it's twins 

10 hours ago, Purrl said:

That's a nice family picture. Jessa is wearing a cute, loose top instead of the usual tight t-shirt that shows of her belly.

Back to the tight t shirts in this pic 

I just saw this and I compared to the infamous flower picture that was being passed as a new picture a couple of weeks or a month or two ago. 

If this is new - then this would make sense opposed to the flower picture because if you look closely - Jessa is not wearing S necklace which wpuld she was pregnant with Spud and someone recycled a picture. 

so this is the newest picture. No wonder she is not posting any pictures - she is hardly showing or just hiding it really well. 

Something about this pic looks familiar to me, I don't know why. I think it's Jinger's hair/shirt and Jana's shirt.. obviously they could just be wearing the same things they've worn before. 

34 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Something about this pic looks familiar to me, I don't know why. I think it's Jinger's hair/shirt and Jana's shirt.. obviously they could just be wearing the same things they've worn before. 

I would imagine they do wear the same clothes over & over. I know I do. However, I don't have a communal closet with my 47 sisters.

6 minutes ago, CatsRevenge said:

Is the ring Jinger is wearing her engagement ring? 

Looks like it is.

4 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Joy's hair is beautiful in that photo.  Jinger's  -not so much.  In fact, the ends look fried.

Joy has to look perfect still, there are husbands to catch...modestly of course. 

That's actually a very nice photo. I wonder, though, if any of them has ever tucked in a shirt. I have no inclination to sort through past photos ( @nst, what do you have in this regard?), but, geez, skirts look nice with a tucked in shirt and cute belt.  No less modest, either. 

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

It's quite like Jessa and Jill are both trying to hide behind Joy. 

So is Jinger. My totally accurate, not at all made up assessment is that they're putting the single sisters front and center. Because eligible men need to know they're single and ready to mingle (under close supervision of course.)

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

So is Jinger. My totally accurate, not at all made up assessment is that they're putting the single sisters front and center. Because eligible men need to know they're single and ready to mingle (under close supervision of course.)

You are so right and that is so creepy! 

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I thought  they put the shorter girls (Joy and Jana) in front. I think it's a coincidence that they are also the single sisters.

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I thought  they put the shorter girls (Joy and Jana) in front. I think it's a coincidence that they are also the single sisters.

I was really just joking. I was going to add something about how Jessa and Jinger should be holding big flashing arrows pointing at Joy and Jana, while Jill should hold up a sign advertising them as being single - but I got lazy and hit submit instead. :pb_lol:

But yeah, I think you're probably right. 

34 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

That's actually a very nice photo. I wonder, though, if any of them has ever tucked in a shirt. I have no inclination to sort through past photos ( @nst, what do you have in this regard?), but, geez, skirts look nice with a tucked in shirt and cute belt.  No less modest, either. 

There was a picture of Jana and Jinger with their shirts tucked into their skirts at some conference right when either the molestation came to light or right around  the time that the Ashley Madison news happened.  They did look very nice and neat.  Jinger even wore heels.  Not platforms but real heels.

1 minute ago, justmy2cents said:

There was a picture of Jana and Jinger with their shirts tucked into their skirts at some conference right when either the molestation came to light or right around  the time that the Ashley Madison news happened.  They did look very nice and neat.  Jinger even wore heels.  Not platforms but real heels.

You're right!  I do remember that now that you mention it. Yes, they looked very nice!

52 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I have endless :D

they are not tucked in shirt kind of people - except Jessa when she was courting and tried to show herself - everything else is over and non threatening for the rest it looks like - i could be wrong lol 

34 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I was really just joking. I was going to add something about how Jessa and Jinger should be holding big flashing arrows pointing at Joy and Jana, while Jill should hold up a sign advertising them as being single - but I got lazy and hit submit instead. :pb_lol:

But yeah, I think you're probably right. 

I dare anyone to photoshop that 

you get a brownie and Trump free night 

9 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

You're right!  I do remember that now that you mention it. Yes, they looked very nice!

Yes, it's too bad they went back to flip flops.  Don't get me wrong I love my flip flops but I also dress up when the occasion calls for it. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived