IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

I read on a fanpage that Jessa's due date is 2/2. That would make sense what with the way she was obviously showing when they were in NYC at the end of July; she would have been around 11 weeks. I'm wondering if TLC is forcing her to give this ice cream social announcement after Jill comes home (that was around the second week of August). By then, I imagine most of her family already knew, and even Josie could have guessed. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I read on a fanpage that Jessa's due date is 2/2. That would make sense what with the way she was obviously showing when they were in NYC at the end of July; she would have been around 11 weeks. I'm wondering if TLC is forcing her to give this ice cream social announcement after Jill comes home (that was around the second week of August). By then, I imagine most of her family already knew, and even Josie could have guessed. 

see this is the thing - if they claim tonight that they didn't tell anyone when Jinge got engaged and they claim something else it will be not funny. 

secrecy 

Just saw Ben's video on Insta telling people to check their blog for a new family activity people may not have thought of yet. Apparently "taking a walk" is a novelty for some families?

2 hours ago, nst said:

see this is the thing - if they claim tonight that they didn't tell anyone when Jinge got engaged and they claim something else it will be not funny. 

secrecy 

All this timeline changing is making me think that this is why we don't see the kids as much. They'll let the cat out of the bag. 

13 hours ago, nst said:

secrecy 

And most of the time (but not always, of course), those that are holding on to secrets aren't usually holding onto them for a good/positive reason (aka they have something to hide).

Oh, sorry; was that skeptical? :my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

And most of the time (but not always, of course), those that are holding on to secrets aren't usually holding onto them for a good/positive reason (aka they have something to hide).

Oh, sorry; was that skeptical? :my_biggrin:

Very! But oh so appropriate when it comes to this crowd. ;) 

Thinking ahead here, I HopeAndPray that Jessa has real medical care for her birthing event recalling Spurgeon's emergence. I don't remember if she had a real midwife or a pretend one. Can't recall. Don't want any real problems there. 

9 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Thinking ahead here, I HopeAndPray that Jessa has real medical care for her birthing event recalling Spurgeon's emergence. I don't remember if she had a real midwife or a pretend one. Can't recall. Don't want any real problems there. 

The People magazine article announcing Spurgeon's birth stated that her Midwife decided she needed to be transported after Jessa started bleeding heavily after the birth. I don't know if the name of the alleged Midwife was ever revealed or anything. 

In another article Sarah Katherine Walker, a Midwife affiliated with Venessa Giron's group, claimed that Jessa's Midwife wasn't certified or licensed and that she had personally witnessed the woman making poor decisions during births before.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inquisitr.com/2576965/duggar-family-midwife-says-woman-attending-jessas-birth-had-no-license-or-training-jills-midwife-speaks-out/amp/?client=safari

Keep in mind the fact that Venessa has made really shitty calls during births too. None of them should be delivering babies in my opinion.

And I doubt Jessa is receiving adequate prenatal care. She didn't with Spurgeon. I doubt that his traumatic birth will cause them to do anything differently - after all, she and Spurgeon made it through ok. Obviously they have God's favor and all that. :pb_rollseyes:

Spurgeon's birth seemed very sketchy to me. She did survive, and the bleeding may not occur again....every delivery is not the same. If at 14 weeks she hadn't heard the heartbeat, she has not been to a medical professional, so I guess JillyMuffin for sure took care of that heartbeat issue. She is young and healthy and hopefully all will be well. 

I wonder if the SavingMissionariesOfTheSpirituallyDead return to CA, if Jessa and Ben will move into the newly redecorated house. It reallly is a huge house though. I wouldn't want it unless it came equipped with a maid service. 

10 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Spurgeon's birth seemed very sketchy to me. She did survive, and the bleeding may not occur again....every delivery is not the same. If at 14 weeks she hadn't heard the heartbeat, she has not been to a medical professional, so I guess JillyMuffin for sure took care of that heartbeat issue. She is young and healthy and hopefully all will be well. 

I wonder if the SavingMissionariesOfTheSpirituallyDead return to CA, if Jessa and Ben will move into the newly redecorated house. It reallly is a huge house though. I wouldn't want it unless it came equipped with a maid service. 

I wonder if that was part of Jessa's problem last night. She's still mad that Jill got the big house. Of course I still don't see why she took it out on poor Jana. 

Also, yeah i don't think that they will change anything. It all turned out ok, it will take something not being ok for them to change it. 

15 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Just saw Ben's video on Insta telling people to check their blog for a new family activity people may not have thought of yet. Apparently "taking a walk" is a novelty for some families?

What is this mystical activity where you open the door of your home, walk to a sidewalk or the side of the road, put one foot in front of the other, and continue that action until you are tired, bored, or have another activity planned? Thank you, Ben Seewald, for enlightening us with this amazing idea!

How boring is your life that you feel the need to make a massive to-do about the fact that you occasionally take a walk outside? That's Maxwell-level exaggeration of utterly mundane activities.

When Jessa was ragging on Jana last night I thought of the horrible event where Jana and Jessa were at a Holy Seminar of some sort and Jana related how she had to forgive Jessa for being just really mean to her and had to give Jessa her favorite jewelry box. Because Jesus. It was awful and last night Jessa showed her true colors in that arena..sisterly conflict. It is just Jessa's personality I would assume. I guess Jana is used to it by now, surely. 

10 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

What is this mystical activity where you open the door of your home, walk to a sidewalk or the side of the road, put one foot in front of the other, and continue that action until you are tired, bored, or have another activity planned? Thank you, Ben Seewald, for enlightening us with this amazing idea!

How boring is your life that you feel the need to make a massive to-do about the fact that you occasionally take a walk outside? That's Maxwell-level exaggeration of utterly mundane activities.

As I said before, so easy to accomplish the mystic walks with a stay at home mother and a stay at home father. All at home, all the time!! (Aside from a few trips out to clean toilets) 

9 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

When Jessa was ragging on Jana last night I thought of the horrible event where Jana and Jessa were at a Holy Seminar of some sort and Jana related how she had to forgive Jessa for being just really mean to her and had to give Jessa her favorite jewelry box. Because Jesus. It was awful and last night Jessa showed her true colors in that arena..sisterly conflict. It is just Jessa's personality I would assume. I guess Jana is used to it by now, surely. 

I'm sure Jana is used to it by now. I just think that it was odd that Jessa was doing it in front of the cameras. I don't think they have ever showed even a little bit that type of a thing in the past. Jessa being Jessa I'm sure she is always like it. 

50 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

And I doubt Jessa is receiving adequate prenatal care. She didn't with Spurgeon. I doubt that his traumatic birth will cause them to do anything differently - after all, she and Spurgeon made it through ok. Obviously they have God's favor and all that. :pb_rollseyes:

In last night's episode, Jill asked her if she'd heard the heartbeat yet and she said no. 14 weeks and she hadn't had an appointment that involved listening to the heartbeat? I have never been pregnant before so I don't know what's standard, but that seems...unusual to me.

17 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

In last night's episode, Jill asked her if she'd heard the heartbeat yet and she said no. 14 weeks and she hadn't had an appointment that involved listening to the heartbeat? I have never been pregnant before so I don't know what's standard, but that seems...unusual to me.

It is highly unusual. You usually go in for a confirmation appointment around 8 weeks. Most of the time there will be an ultrasound and you'll hear the heartbeat. You then typically have routine appointments every four weeks after that, during which they use the Doppler to hear the heartbeat. Once you hit the third trimester, you switch to appointments every two weeks and then an appointment every week after 36 or 37 weeks. 

I think you usually have two or three ultrasounds throughout the pregnancy. I personally had more my first trimester due to a prior miscarriage (I'll hit the third trimester this Saturday!!!)

So I honestly feel very safe in saying that I doubt Jessa has had any adequate prenatal care at this point. If she was seeing anyone - even a fake Midwife - she would have heard the heart by now (if the pregnancy was healthy and viable.) I mean, she could even order a fucking Doppler online and do it herself.

59 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

It is highly unusual. You usually go in for a confirmation appointment around 8 weeks. Most of the time there will be an ultrasound and you'll hear the heartbeat. You then typically have routine appointments every four weeks after that, during which they use the Doppler to hear the heartbeat. Once you hit the third trimester, you switch to appointments every two weeks and then an appointment every week after 36 or 37 weeks. 

I think you usually have two or three ultrasounds throughout the pregnancy. I personally had more my first trimester due to a prior miscarriage (I'll hit the third trimester this Saturday!!!)

So I honestly feel very safe in saying that I doubt Jessa has had any adequate prenatal care at this point. If she was seeing anyone - even a fake Midwife - she would have heard the heart by now (if the pregnancy was healthy and viable.) I mean, she could even order a fucking Doppler online and do it herself.

This is actually not entirely true. If you're low-risk, a lot of doctors only do a 20 week anatomy scan. But yes, it is unusual to not have listened for the heartbeat via doppler by 14 weeks. Like you mentioned, I had a mini doppler at home that I used to hear my baby's heartbeat when I was feeling nervous. I would not have been cool with not knowing what was going on in there at all until 20 weeks! In my case though, my doctor did standard ultrasounds at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, and 20 weeks. I got an extra one later on because my belly was measuring over a week ahead. I just had a big baby and a lot of fluid lol.

Congrats and happy 3rd tri!

1 minute ago, VineHeart137 said:

3 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

SERIOUS question if she is 100 days pregnant shouldn't she have heard the baby's heartbeat by then ? 

Mother's 

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

silly  question - are you supposed to hear the heartbeat at 14 weeks? 

and would it be safe for Jill to do her magic and get to hear it ? 

1 minute ago, nst said:

SERIOUS question if she is 100 days pregnant shouldn't she have heard the baby's heartbeat by then ? 

Mother's 

She would have to have a doppler thingie like JillyMuffin has used and apparently she does not and has not been to a medical professional. Of any sort. 

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

This ! I love this - He is basically going on about walking 

because us heathens have no clue on how to do it and do not ever think we should 

stupid Ben and his stupid new glasses. 

2 hours ago, zygote373 said:

that seems insane to me. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

She would have to have a doppler thingie like JillyMuffin has used and apparently she does not and has not been to a medical professional. Of any sort. 

Which seems silly to me. I mean we know that this is number 2 and Jessa is an expert in baby having now but I would still want to make sure everything was ok. 

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

so she didn't go to a doctor? yet she knows she is pregnant because she is missing her period 

maybe somethinge else is happening at that time ....

and I am assuming you should go to a medical professional in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy? again serious questions 

56 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

This is actually not entirely true. If you're low-risk, a lot of doctors only do a 20 week anatomy scan. But yes, it is unusual to not have listened for the heartbeat via doppler by 14 weeks. Like you mentioned, I had a mini doppler at home that I used to hear my baby's heartbeat when I was feeling nervous. I would not have been cool with not knowing what was going on in there at all until 20 weeks! In my case though, my doctor did standard ultrasounds at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, and 20 weeks. I got an extra one later on because my belly was measuring over a week ahead. I just had a big baby and a lot of fluid lol.

Congrats and happy 3rd tri!

Thanks! I have no schedule to go on other than what I've experienced - and I know my schedule was definitely not normal. First trimester I had maybe three ultrasounds - an early one for dating purposes, a viability scan, and we opted to do the Nuchal Translucency testing as well. Last ultrasound I had was the anatomy scan in late August. Which is good because it means I'm on a normal schedule now.

8 minutes ago, nst said:

Mother's 

silly  question - are you supposed to hear the heartbeat at 14 weeks? 

and would it be safe for Jill to do her magic and get to hear it ? 

You can hear the heartbeat as early as six weeks or earlier. My first ultrasound was 5 weeks 6 days pregnant and we heard a strong heartbeat immediately. They did a Vaginal ultrasound because it can pick up more, but it's absolutely possible to hear the heart early.

So yes. If Jessa is carrying a healthy child and had adequate prenatal care then they would absolutely have heard the heart by 14 weeks. I believe most people actually hear the heartbeat at their first appointment, closer to 8 weeks.

I believe Jill owns a Doppler, so she could absolutely do that for Jessa if she were asked. It's possible that Benessa were actually waiting for the Dills to come home to do that because it would mean not having to pay someone:pb_rollseyes:

4 minutes ago, nst said:

so she didn't go to a doctor? yet she knows she is pregnant because she is missing her period 

She would have taken a pregnancy test (or a few) as well.

She has taken the pregnancy test at home one would assume. Responsibly speaking you should go to a medical professional early on in your pregnancy. At the very least to get a prescription for or recommendations for vitamins. It is just good policy. We have no real indication what sort of care she had during her pregnancy with Spurgie. 

Bloodwork I guess could also be helpful, I really don't remember. Jessa is just depending on Jesus I guess. I just worry about the delivery. Nothing to mess with for sure. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

She has taken the pregnancy test at home one would assume. Responsibly speaking you should go to a medical professional early on in your pregnancy. At the very least to get a prescription for or recommendations for vitamins. It is just good policy. We have no real indication what sort of care she had during her pregnancy with Spurgie. 

Bloodwork I guess could also be helpful, I really don't remember. Jessa is just depending on Jesus I guess. I just worry about the delivery. Nothing to mess with for sure. 

Women still die giving birth. It's not as common as it was but without medical care...she is depending on Jesus. And that's not good. Spurgeon was also a pretty big baby and if they continue to be big, there's a chance that she won't be able to do it on her own. Like Jill with Izzy and there's nothing wrong with that. I just think you're more prepared for it if you are having more regular medical care. 

and I am assuming you should go to a medical professional in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy? again serious questions 

I can't even fathom this!!

I was 16 weeks when I went to the doctor with my first. (I still got my periods for the first half of my pregnancy, so I hadn't known I was pregnant!)

I was so lucky that nothing was wrong. So when people blatantly ignore medical care? Ugh!!! (Even midwives will check the heartbeat.)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived