IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

I'm not ragging on those who choose to have homebirths with a (qualified) midwife, but the way these Duggar girls give birth makes me nervous. Jill waiting a million hours before accepting that she needed a c-section, Jessa's hemoraghing. I know they're trusting in God and whatnot, but God ain't an OBGYN!

I'm sure a lot of the push for homebirths in their circle is due to the high cost of hospital births (I just gave birth last month and if I didn't have insurance, the hospital stay alone would have been $7,000 for me, $2,500 for my daughter, plus $2,400 for an epidural and $3,500 for my prenatal care and delivery, plus probably an extra $1,000 for ultrasounds and bloodwork) but these Duggar ladies have TLC money. Go to a hospital! Or at least invest in the best midwife that money can buy, not some dumbass family friend. All kinds of crazy shit can happen during birth. My daughter had the cord around her neck 3 times. I shudder to think what would have happened to her if I'd let someone like the people that the Duggars use deliver her.

I'm not trying to come across as a Degreed Medical Professional here, but I wish the Duggars would be more cautious.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Screamapillar You are in no way coming across as someone who is trying to be a Degreed Medical Professional. You sound like someone who has common sense! :D 

On 9/12/2016 at 0:05 AM, just...sare said:

Yeah... with your username I don't think you get to complain about earworms...

Reveal hidden contents

milkshake.jpg

The Harry Potter image is funny. XD

10 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

@Screamapillar You are in no way coming across as someone who is trying to be a Degreed Medical Professional. You sound like someone who has common sense! :D 

Newbie to FreeJinger: is the Degreed Medical Professional a reference to quack fundies who think they're somehow qualified to dispense health advice??

16 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I'm not ragging on those who choose to have homebirths with a (qualified) midwife, but the way these Duggar girls give birth makes me nervous. Jill waiting a million hours before accepting that she needed a c-section, Jessa's hemoraghing. I know they're trusting in God and whatnot, but God ain't an OBGYN!

I'm sure a lot of the push for homebirths in their circle is due to the high cost of hospital births (I just gave birth last month and if I didn't have insurance, the hospital stay alone would have been $7,000 for me, $2,500 for my daughter, plus $2,400 for an epidural and $3,500 for my prenatal care and delivery, plus probably an extra $1,000 for ultrasounds and bloodwork) but these Duggar ladies have TLC money. Go to a hospital! Or at least invest in the best midwife that money can buy, not some dumbass family friend. All kinds of crazy shit can happen during birth. My daughter had the cord around her neck 3 times. I shudder to think what would have happened to her if I'd let someone like the people that the Duggars use deliver her.

I'm not trying to come across as a Degreed Medical Professional here, but I wish the Duggars would be more cautious.

Google 'The Skeptical ObGyn' it's a good website from an obstetrician who's passionate about education of the dangers of homebirths etc. 

19 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Just saw Ben's video on Insta telling people to check their blog for a new family activity people may not have thought of yet. Apparently "taking a walk" is a novelty for some families?

Hahahaha - walking is my life; I must be so unique to them.

On 9/11/2016 at 1:23 AM, pamplemousse said:

"Having My Baby"...one of the worst songs ever.

Not that Jessa (and maybe Ben) will ever know that, because it's not a hymn or classical piece.  Maybe their lifestyle does come with its perks.

Perks, yeah right. I'm not kidding anybody, including myself. 

Have a look at Sunday Sharpe's cover 'I'm Having Your Baby' - it's kind of sweeter in tone. (I can't get on YT at the moment, otherwise I'd post a link).

On 9/11/2016 at 4:05 AM, Meridae said:

Not gonna lie, when I first saw the title I thought Jessa had somehow sucked a baby out of someone else and was now carrying it instead.

Suctioning babies for Jesus!

That reminds me of the George Carlin joke in 'Back in Town' 'why don't some of these White Christian women get black poor babies transplanted in to their uteruses [sic] [my computer spell check is saying to write 'uteri']. That sounds like something Jesus might do!

16 minutes ago, nst said:

Ben is deleting mean posts on his instagram because of his silly video claiming that people should walk and that he claimed it as a new thing 

LOL what an idiot. 

Does Ben not realize LOTS of people are walking now, more than ever?

It's the best way to catch lots of Pokemon! And hatch the eggs.

4 hours ago, nst said:

Ben is deleting mean posts on his instagram because of his silly video claiming that people should walk and that he claimed it as a new thing 

Hahaha what are the commenters saying?

35 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Hahaha what are the commenters saying?

one lady said her and husband were retarded and had never heard of such a thing 

another said used the F word

7 minutes ago, nst said:

one lady said her and husband were retarded and had never heard of such a thing 

another said used the F word

To be fair, I'd delete any comment using the R word too. And then I'd delete that person from my life. I don't have time for assholes who spew offensive shit like that.

7 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I agree, birth is really risky and should be managed by professionals. I am however amazed how some of these fundy women pop out kids, for example Priscilla, there was pics/video of her at home same day she gave birth and she looked totally put together, chatting on the couch.  Robyn on the Sister Wives also had a couple of births filmed and is just amazingly capable of calmly giving birth. I'm an anesthesiologist-dependent and OB-dependent laborer myself...but then I am a degreed medical professional and also a major wuss. And was old, almost 39 with the first baby and 40 with the second. I just admire those who can give birth easily. 

It depends on the OB. With my son, the military OB clinic at Langley had a class at 8 weeks where you got vitamins but otherwise they didn't see you until 14-16 weeks unless you had complications (which I did). Most will do bloodwork, and check for a heartbeat about 8-10 weeks. If they can't get a heartbeat at 10 weeks that usually progresses to a viability ultrasound. But I remember Derrick gifting Jill a Doppler for her...graduation? Birthday? Something like that so she could easily check for Jessa.

I know the thought runs high and out front is a boy, low and wide is a girl. Jessa looks fuller across the hips this go-round, makes me think it might be a girl. But for that baby's sake I hope not!

10 hours ago, nst said:

so she didn't go to a doctor? yet she knows she is pregnant because she is missing her period 

maybe somethinge else is happening at that time ....

and I am assuming you should go to a medical professional in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy? again serious questions 

Two pregnancies that both ended in miscarriage around 11 weeks. I went in for my first ultrasound in both cases at 7 weeks. I had a second u/s at 111 weeks with the second due to my age at the time (39). That's when they found that the embryo had basically disintegrated, an it was just a matter of time before I miscarried. They offered a D&C the following Monday (it was a Friday), but I miscarried on Sunday, so I was in for the D&C that Monday anyway. 

@VelociRapture The person who "attended" Jessa's birth whose name escapes you is the infamous Teresa Fedosky. She attended Anna's first two births (yes, the equally infamous toilet birth). Even Anna ponied up for a CPM for Marcus' birth. Better than a glorified doula whose husband had his medical license revoked due to illegal dealings with Rx drugs in his care. 

7 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

It depends on the OB. With my son, the military OB clinic at Langley had a class at 8 weeks where you got vitamins but otherwise they didn't see you until 14-16 weeks unless you had complications (which I did). Most will do bloodwork, and check for a heartbeat about 8-10 weeks. If they can't get a heartbeat at 10 weeks that usually progresses to a viability ultrasound. But I remember Derrick gifting Jill a Doppler for her...graduation? Birthday? Something like that so she could easily check for Jessa.

I know the thought runs high and out front is a boy, low and wide is a girl. Jessa looks fuller across the hips this go-round, makes me think it might be a girl. But for that baby's sake I hope not!

I always laugh at those old wives tales. I look like I have a basketball under my shirt abd I crave more savory foods than sweets, so according to old wives tales I should be having a boy.

I'm having a girl. :pb_lol:

I'm assuming that's just how I carry babies. This is my first and my sister's bump was similar when she was pregnant with her son.

@marmaladeThank you! I thought the name had been mentioned somewhere at some point, but I couldn't find it. I'd say at least she had someone there, but Teresa definitely wasn't a good choice.

And I'm sorry for your losses. :hug: 

It almost seemed to me that she was proud she had not been to the Doctor or heard the heartbeat.  In that instant I really disliked her  

100 days for a baby seems like a lot to me. 

On 10/17/2016 at 2:37 PM, friendofgreen said:
just saw this pic on pickles page 

14721634_1028422700589872_6279879961872634642_n.jpg?oh=2802e8d63b12e0eec84922e73c9708af&oe=58961FDD

Break in your hat!! I can't stand it when people don't break in the bill of their baseball hats. It's not that hard; not doing it makes you look like an idiot.

1 hour ago, EmmyJay said:

Break in your hat!! I can't stand it when people don't break in the bill of their baseball hats. It's not that hard; not doing it makes you look like an idiot.

I know right? Drives me crazy and I don't understand how it became a thing. 

It's a flat-billed cap. It's that way on purpose and not supposed to be broken in. And also fugly. I hate flat-bills. Unflattering and makes me think of 12 year old boys and girls who wear them, as well as wannabe rapper hip hop pop culture obsessed kids, teens and young adults. A la Bin loves Flame the Christian rapper and and all sorts of Christian hip hop, therefore the flat-Bill on him isn't unexpected, especially since most adults who wear them are childish. Most adult people I know wear the traditional billed cap. Just my Opinion based on what I observe on current fashion trends.

In the city I see those hats and matching colored hoodies and sometimes shoes on kids and in the country schools it's cowboy hats and giant belt buckles and boots. Oh Nebraska. Sigh. Sometimes I see the opposite. I giggled at this one difficult high school kid. I was trying to get him to take his hat off for his school photo and he shouted at me, "What do you know about the streets?!" I said, "I know I live in North Omaha and you live in small town Nebraska. Now take of the hat please." Story over, but I love that one and the tangent isn't too off topic.

2 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

It's a flat-billed cap. It's that way on purpose and not supposed to be broken in. And also fugly. I hate flat-bills. Unflattering and makes me think of 12 year old boys and girls who wear them, as well as wannabe rapper hip hop pop culture obsessed kids, teens and young adults. A la Bin loves Flame the Christian rapper and and all sorts of Christian hip hop, therefore the flat-Bill on him isn't unexpected, especially since most adults who wear them are childish. Most adult people I know wear the traditional billed cap. Just my Opinion based on what I observe on current fashion trends.

In the city I see those hats and matching colored hoodies and sometimes shoes on kids and in the country schools it's cowboy hats and giant belt buckles and boots. Oh Nebraska. Sigh. Sometimes I see the opposite. I giggled at this one difficult high school kid. I was trying to get him to take his hat off for his school photo and he shouted at me, "What do you know about the streets?!" I said, "I know I live in North Omaha and you live in small town Nebraska. Now take of the hat please." Story over, but I love that one and the tangent isn't too off topic.

it's like his is changing his style with the glasses and the hats and it's not flattering at all.. It makes him look like a hipster with no hip and ugly glass wearing old man 

he needs to let go of this image and become a man - wear something classic 

On 10/20/2016 at 9:07 AM, nst said:

it's like his is changing his style with the glasses and the hats and it's not flattering at all.. It makes him look like a hipster with no hip and ugly glass wearing old man 

he needs to let go of this image and become a man - wear something classic 

He needs to grow up. Also yes, better glasses. He can't pull of hipster and he can't pull of rapper. I think preppie though would work fr him. Don't go Jim Boob though that look works for no one. 

That's interesting, my dad buys baseball hats and a certain brand (59/50?) starts out like that but after some wear they look normal. I've also never seen any indication they were supposed to look like that since my dad feels about hats the way some people feel about shoes/purses; I've been in a lot of hat stores.

On 10/19/2016 at 2:47 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

Responsibly speaking you should go to a medical professional early on in your pregnancy. At the very least to get a prescription for or recommendations for vitamins.

This is a good point. Since I was carrying twins, my OB prescribed a prenatal vitamin that had higher levels of folic acid than the average over the counter vitamin. And without any exam of any kind, Jessa could be carrying twins (not that I think she is) and have no idea. Just very bad planning to not have any exams at all. I don't think you need ultrasounds left and right but have a professional make sure everything is going well. 

@Mozzie,  thanks for the George Carlin video!  That is classic Carlin and is always worth viewing.

Btw, autocorrect was not trying something dirty when it was trying to use uteri.  Uteri is the correct plural for uterus.

22 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Does Ben not realize LOTS of people are walking now, more than ever?

It's the best way to catch lots of Pokemon! And hatch the eggs.

ROFL! I came out of lurkdom and made an account just so I could "upvote" this comment.  I'm still addicted to that dang Pokemon game but at least I do walk more than I ever have. 

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I always laugh at those old wives tales. I look like I have a basketball under my shirt abd I crave more savory foods than sweets, so according to old wives tales I should be having a boy.

I'm having a girl. :pb_lol:

I'm assuming that's just how I carry babies. This is my first and my sister's bump was similar when she was pregnant with her son.

@marmaladeThank you! I thought the name had been mentioned somewhere at some point, but I couldn't find it. I'd say at least she had someone there, but Teresa definitely wasn't a good choice.

And I'm sorry for your losses. :hug: 

I looked exactly the same both times. Tiny bumps, well masked...never went into spontaneous labor, easy pregnancies... My tally:

!-girl

2-boy

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived