IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

On 9/18/2016 at 6:54 PM, season of life said:

Maybe he'll be Benjamin Seewald, Jr. Sierra posted a baby shower photo on IG, but something tells me it's for someone else. I can't imagine Jessa or Ben being okay with Dr. Seuss (not fundie enough).

I can't imagine them reading a non religious book/.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/18/2016 at 8:03 PM, Alisamer said:

I JUST watched Firefly recently. Went to put in another disk to watch more, and there... wasn't one. :my_sad: I knew that going in, but still. Both shows were great!

There's the movie, Serenity, if you haven't seen it :-)

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? My mother had those nested bowls, from smallest to largest, were blue, red, green, yellow. My sister has those, but I've been able to reconstruct the set, and I use those almost every day. Can't put them in the dishwasher for sure! I LOVE my Pyrex bowls!!

On September 18, 2016 at 11:45 AM, princessmahina said:

I always felt so bad for Moody Spurgeon. That's such a terrible name.

Then again, i thought Gilbert's name was pretty awful for such a sweet guy.

I also felt badly for Anne and Gilbert's son, Shirley!

On 9/18/2016 at 8:03 PM, Alisamer said:

I JUST watched Firefly recently. Went to put in another disk to watch more, and there... wasn't one. :my_sad: I knew that going in, but still. Both shows were great!

My kid's bedroom is Firefly :) My husband did an amazing job. We even took pictures to Home Depot to buy paint so that we could match the color of the wall to Mal's shirt. If kiddo had been a girl it would have been Doctor Who.

On 9/18/2016 at 2:38 AM, Jessalyn said:

I'm really confused that Jessa has been really quiet about this new pregnancy. Its almost been a month since they announced and there have been no posts directly mentioning it. very different from baby#1

I'm really surprised by this too. Especially since so much attention is going to Jinger and Jeremy. I'm shocked that she's not hamming up her pregnancy more on IG.

Are women allowed to give full frontal hugs to other (married) men once they are married? In the recent preview clip for the next episode Jessa gives flame a full frontal when he came over for bbq...:naughty:

10 minutes ago, evolutionbaby said:

Are women allowed to give full frontal hugs to other (married) men once they are married? In the recent preview clip for the next episode Jessa gives flame a full frontal when he came over for bbq...:naughty:

Sounds like a sin to me. Defrauded. 

I was really surprised when Ben complimented Jessa on her music talents during the episode. She's no Mozart but he genuinely seemed to appreciate her talent. No "WOOOOW baaaabe that's amaaaaazing" condescension. He came off as really valuing her as more than just a broodmare which if it's true is awesome. She's good at something other than Jesus and babies! YAY!  He encouraged her to "teach Flame a chord or two" which is a miracle for people who were raised to believe that husband is #1 and women are there to serve him. Also I think Ben is slowly moving Jessa out of the TTH thought-jail with Flame and his music (and possibly other things, who knows). There was pretty stark contrast between Jessa/Ben and the other kids. "The only rap I do is eating them [wraps]", anyone? [John David]. I mean. They're not worldly by any means but I definitely think their association with Flame has been good for them. Good signs. Or possibly very good editing -- I don't pretend to know. 

Which clever person was it who wondered whether Ben and Jessa's friendship with Flame would have any impact on their views?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/how-colin-kaepernick-and-black-lives-matter-are-tearing-the-duggar-family-apart/

I mean, this article doesn't really have any new new information that people here haven't already identified, but it was interesting to read it all together like that. 

6 hours ago, seraaa said:

Which clever person was it who wondered whether Ben and Jessa's friendship with Flame would have any impact on their views?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/how-colin-kaepernick-and-black-lives-matter-are-tearing-the-duggar-family-apart/

I mean, this article doesn't really have any new new information that people here haven't already identified, but it was interesting to read it all together like that. 

Interesting read, though I highly doubt this is tearing the Duggar family apart.

12 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Interesting read, though I highly doubt this is tearing the Duggar family apart.

I'm pleasantly surprised that Ben isn't as massive an asshole as I assume him to be, in that he actually seems aware that racism is an actual problem and is at least superficially willing to support a national dialogue about police brutality, but "yay, you aren't as massive an asshole as I thought" is a pretty low bar.

And Cathy, I'm sure all those football players who are getting paid anyway and are well within their constitutional rights to do whatever the hell they want during the National Anthem and express whatever the hell views they want are shedding so many tears that you aren't watching their games. Also, I just don't get the whole "MAH FREEDUMZ...unless you're actually expressing your First Amendment rights in a way I happen to dislike" thing or the general insane jingoism of this country.

I agree about Ben,  Perhaps he has an ounce of empathy and is more open minded.   He is dull to watch, but  he has more education than any of the Duggars.  He did graduate from a 2 year program and he is studying online now too.  He must be smarter than he comes off on TV.  Ben is unformed still.  He hasn't grown up yet and his parents did him a huge disservice in encouraging him to mix with the duggars and marry so young.  He is soon to be a father of two.  I am glad he is pursuing education.  Not that the Moody Bible institute is an enlightened think tank by any means, but hopefully they encourage critical thinking to a degree. 

And yeah,  Cathy Dillard's attitude is disappointing.  I remember when Derick came on the scene and he had this sort of Hippie vibe.  He reminded me of the religious hippies my parents hung out with when I was younger.  They were rudely called "Jesus Freaks" in the late 60's and 70's, but there was a whole section of the hippie culture that was religious, but in that "Jesus is Love" kind of way.  I thought Derick had that vibe.  But it seems as if Derick was a hippie looking right wing idiot.    And while I am happy that Cathy Dillard is healthy and enjoying her grandson, her lack of empathy and understanding of a quietly dignified way to protest peacefully is sad

I felt my heart flutter a little bit and if true flutter again in support of Ben. Cathy, Duggars, among others get me very mad with talking about the NFL when it SHOULD at least be common knowledge that up until May of this year that NFL had paid patroism from tax payer dollars but it's okay cause freedoms and respect.

I also agree with you @calimojo. It reminds me of a classmate who had cancer back in elementary school, and I'm mad at myself for saying this but I was very surprised with as we grown up have lacks empathy for basically anyone, especially with comments about me as a black women. You would just think people in general would have warmer hearts!

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:49 AM, Four is Enough said:

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? My mother had those nested bowls, from smallest to largest, were blue, red, green, yellow. My sister has those, but I've been able to reconstruct the set, and I use those almost every day. Can't put them in the dishwasher for sure! I LOVE my Pyrex bowls!!

Had to hijack this thread  & gush about Pyrex bowls for a quick minute. A friend of mine, forever cursed is his name (but in a good way, really), got me into collecting them. The majority of them live on my couch (as I have very little available storage space), & some live on the floor.

It's a running joke in my family that if anyone wanted to sleep over, they could cuddle up with either my Pyrex or my pet snake. Neither seems to be appealing for some reason.  :my_biggrin:

On 9/18/2016 at 1:38 AM, Jessalyn said:

I'm really confused that Jessa has been really quiet about this new pregnancy. Its almost been a month since they announced and there have been no posts directly mentioning it. very different from baby#1

No experience with second pregnancies here, but I've read lots of times people who in their first pregnancy counted every week and took belly pics and got the "my baby is the size of an eggplant" emails, are too busy with kid 1 to be that intense the second go round. lol Maybe Jessa's just busy because she has a very young child.

On 9/18/2016 at 11:00 AM, SassyPants said:

I had both of my kids' first pair of shoes saved, and mounted with a picture frame. In my daughter's (#1 kid), there is a newborn picture of her in the frame. In my son's, it was blank until last July when he, as a joke, placed a recent photo of himself, facial hair and all, into the frame. It took me about a week before I noticed it. My son turned 26 2 weeks ago. Yep, nothing like having more than 1 kid for a parent to get perspective.

LMAO! That's awesome. ha At least he has a sense of humor about it.

My mom has baby books for all 3 of us. I'm the first born, mine is filled out in crazy detail for the first two years at least. My first brother, born when I was 2.5 years, has at least the first year filled out. Our much younger brother (born when I was 8) had a ton of postits with stuff like "first steps June 5th!" stuffed in his empty baby book. 

My twins books are pretty much equally empty.

4 hours ago, twinmama said:

My mom has baby books for all 3 of us. I'm the first born, mine is filled out in crazy detail for the first two years at least. My first brother, born when I was 2.5 years, has at least the first year filled out. Our much younger brother (born when I was 8) had a ton of postits with stuff like "first steps June 5th!" stuffed in his empty baby book. 

My twins books are pretty much equally empty.

I'm the last of five. There is really not all that much in my baby book.

My eldest brother has the whole kit and caboodle filled out, including hair locks!!

My mother wrote diaries for both me and my brother. Mine describes every day or every other day of my first two or three years and has regular updates till school age (progressively getting rarer and shorter). Brother's diary basically informs us that he was a loud baby, didn't sleep and mother was tired.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

(Plus she gave me her Corning mixing bowl set from the 1950's. They've never been in a dishwasher and still have all their paint. I love to think of her when I use them.

I remember my mother had a set, every single one got broken.  When I bought a Hoosier cabinet, I set out to find those mixing bowls and got 'em.  Aren't they Pyrex?

Now I'm looking for a clambroth vintage rolling pin...

On 9/18/2016 at 1:30 PM, FlamingFundie said:

I guess I can't think of a good reason why all the money DOESN'T go to JB somehow, to dish out like salaries. Like a PP said, the kidults don't have much in the way of day to day expenses. Plus, if the kidults get a small "salary" from JB Enterprises instead of tens of thousands of dollars from TLC directly, their taxes are cheaper and they can claim other things more easily such as discounted medical bill payoffs...

This would make sense. If he re-invests the TLC money into more commercial real estate and then cuts small "salaries" out of that revenue for the kidults, he gets to keep more of the money and pay less tax on it. 

Jeremy didn't know Jinger played the piano?? And they're about to get engaged???

I'm sure he'll have her playing the hymns at his services. Boy, he must think he struck gold.

Jessa: "Spurgeon is an easy baby...of course, as he's getting older, he's getting more of that personality coming out...He's showing us who he is and what he wants...but that's a good thing." YES JESSA YES!! Your kids having personalities IS a good thing! Keep going! You can do it! Making Gothardite robots can end with you! (Sorry, that line just fills me with such hope!)

On 9/26/2016 at 8:45 PM, calimojo said:

I agree about Ben,  Perhaps he has an ounce of empathy and is more open minded.   He is dull to watch, but  he has more education than any of the Duggars.  He did graduate from a 2 year program and he is studying online now too.  He must be smarter than he comes off on TV.  Ben is unformed still.  He hasn't grown up yet and his parents did him a huge disservice in encouraging him to mix with the duggars and marry so young.  He is soon to be a father of two.  I am glad he is pursuing education.  Not that the Moody Bible institute is an enlightened think tank by any means, but hopefully they encourage critical thinking to a degree. 

And yeah,  Cathy Dillard's attitude is disappointing.  I remember when Derick came on the scene and he had this sort of Hippie vibe.  He reminded me of the religious hippies my parents hung out with when I was younger.  They were rudely called "Jesus Freaks" in the late 60's and 70's, but there was a whole section of the hippie culture that was religious, but in that "Jesus is Love" kind of way.  I thought Derick had that vibe.  But it seems as if Derick was a hippie looking right wing idiot.    And while I am happy that Cathy Dillard is healthy and enjoying her grandson, her lack of empathy and understanding of a quietly dignified way to protest peacefully is sad

It stands to reason that Ben spending so much time with Flame and other African Americans that he might suddenly see that maybe what Kapernik is doing has merit and isn't harming anyone so I'm going to respect that.   And then praying for the president even when you don't agree with his politics oh the horror of being kind and loving to everyone.  Not sure what came over Ben but that glimpse of kindness for kindness sake is surprising and nice. 

8 hours ago, devoutjedi said:

Jessa: "Spurgeon is an easy baby...of course, as he's getting older, he's getting more of that personality coming out...He's showing us who he is and what he wants...but that's a good thing." YES JESSA YES!! Your kids having personalities IS a good thing! Keep going! You can do it! Making Gothardite robots can end with you! (Sorry, that line just fills me with such hope!)

what surprised me was that she was surprised her son has a personality.  Don't babies start out not talking and just sitting there.  Why is she surprised that Spud wants to crawl and squeal.  I don't want to think what I am thinking about what she would do if she didn't like something Spud did.  Makes me really upset and queezy.     I guess all the kids from Jackson down don't have personalities. 

I am starting to think that Jessa is just one robot herself opposed to the fake persona she is projecting half the time

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived