IGNORED

Eighteen Batesesss

Destiny

3 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Don't several of the fundie bloggers have short hair?

I believe some do, but I was referring to the picture where it looks like all the girls have long flowing curls. So my comment was based off of that. :)

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that this means Josie can forgo forking out $$ for wedding gifts from now on--she just has to offer to do hair/makeup for the bridal party--and if not for the wedding day itself, for the engagement photos.  OR she could do hair & makeup for new fundy mothers just after birthin' their umpteenth child!

We know how fundies loves photoshoots--she should team up with a fundy photog!!

So, I watched the ep that aired last night, and WOW.   Way more misogyny than normal.  That Valentines for Girls only lunch speaking engagement was kind of awful.  

According to Zach and Whit's Instagram, at least some of the Bateseeseses finally went up to Kentucky and Encountered the Ark. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't filmed.

And Whit forgot to keep sweet in her Instagram comments--she said the food sucks:

"We arrived at the museum around 12:30, toured the ark, ate at the restaurant there, and left by about 4:30! However there were other activities like zip lining and different things that we didn't do that you might want to do which would take more time… As far as the Creation Museum, I have never been and I'm not sure how long it takes to go through. I know at the Ark, they sell a combo ticket for the Ark and Creation Museum. Not being rude in any way, but we wouldn't really recommend the restaurant on the premises. It was beautiful, but none of us really liked the food that well. "

39 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

According to Zach and Whit's Instagram, at least some of the Bateseeseses finally went up to Kentucky and Encountered the Ark. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't filmed.

And Whit forgot to keep sweet in her Instagram comments--she said the food sucks:

"We arrived at the museum around 12:30, toured the ark, ate at the restaurant there, and left by about 4:30! However there were other activities like zip lining and different things that we didn't do that you might want to do which would take more time… As far as the Creation Museum, I have never been and I'm not sure how long it takes to go through. I know at the Ark, they sell a combo ticket for the Ark and Creation Museum. Not being rude in any way, but we wouldn't really recommend the restaurant on the premises. It was beautiful, but none of us really liked the food that well. "

she didn't say it out loud, but the tone of the above and the fact that they were there for four hours including lunch sounds like she wasn't all that impressed.  interesting. 

she also gives me the impression that she's in no hurry to see the Creation Museum. 

1 hour ago, catlady said:

she didn't say it out loud, but the tone of the above and the fact that they were there for four hours including lunch sounds like she wasn't all that impressed.  interesting. 

she also gives me the impression that she's in no hurry to see the Creation Museum. 

That's how I read it as well. As someone who didn't grow up fundie and probably made it to actual history museums, I am not surprised that she wasn't all that blown away.

Interesting. That is so different from her Instagram post about the museum (with her posing with her family). I'm guessing Whitney wasn't blown away by what she saw.

She's really laying on thick with the "I'm so glad he saved me from hell" bit. When I read that caption I was immediately taken back to my hell fire and brimstone church of adolescence. So weird how happy people can be talking about hell when they're only condemning other people to it. 

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's how I read it as well. As someone who didn't grow up fundie and probably made it to actual history museums, I am not surprised that she wasn't all that blown away.

As she wasn't homeschooled, yes she may have been in real museums with real teachers. But Whit doesn't seem too smart nor too interested in cultural things so maybe Ark museum bored her as any other museum.

This said, it's refreshing she's politely complaining about something. At least, she's not a completely Steppford wife...by now.

4 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

She's really laying on thick with the "I'm so glad he saved me from hell" bit. When I read that caption I was immediately taken back to my hell fire and brimstone church of adolescence. So weird how happy people can be talking about hell when they're only condemning other people to it. 

I thought the same, like what the hell, who lumps in hell while talking about a family trip to a museum? I also noticed only one person on Instagram pointed out that God wouldn't send little girls to hell.

Whitney Bates Insta.png

What is it with fundie wives posing like they're on the red carpet in pictures with their husbands? I noticed this with Jill Dillard on a picture on her MIL's insta the other day, too, where Dan and his fiancée were doing that side-hug thing people do for pictures and Jill was turned at an angle away from Derick behind her. It looks so artificial to me, but especially in a picture like the one above where the caption is about family love and she's not even touching her husband. It just looks so artificial to me.

the shoes are dreadful...ankle boots with peep toes? YUK!!! And the bow on that poor child's head...

1 hour ago, alba said:

Whitney Bates Insta.png

What is it with fundie wives posing like they're on the red carpet in pictures with their husbands? I noticed this with Jill Dillard on a picture on her MIL's insta the other day, too, where Dan and his fiancée were doing that side-hug thing people do for pictures and Jill was turned at an angle away from Derick behind her. It looks so artificial to me, but especially in a picture like the one above where the caption is about family love and she's not even touching her husband. It just looks so artificial to me.

Gotta look fresh for Insta. They have so many IG followers, I assume they want to look as good as possible. A lot of young girls/women pose like that for online photos. 

Also, I like Whitney's outfit but Kaci Lynn's ankle things that are not actually shoes look weird on her.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

the shoes are dreadful...ankle boots with peep toes? YUK!!! And the bow on that poor child's head...

I would like the boots if there wasn't a weird hole in the front. They are odd. 

And Whitney looks so good. I am shaped like an Oompa Loompa after giving birth to two babies. 

54 minutes ago, season of life said:

Gotta look fresh for Insta. They have so many IG followers, I assume they want to look as good as possible. A lot of young girls/women pose like that for online photos. 

Also, I like Whitney's outfit but Kaci Lynn's ankle things that are not actually shoes look weird on her.

They do, but it's only fundies I've seen who pose that way angled away from their partner. Posing in a way that makes you feel confident, sure, I get that, but posing away from your spouse when you're talking about how much you love him? That looks weird to me.

5 hours ago, alba said:

They do, but it's only fundies I've seen who pose that way angled away from their partner. Posing in a way that makes you feel confident, sure, I get that, but posing away from your spouse when you're talking about how much you love him? That looks weird to me.

But Michael bates would never pose that way. She clings to Brandon like Jack clung to the floating door after the titanic sunk.

7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I really like her dress, but yes, the boots are terrible.  I've never understood the point of open-toed boots; they just don't look right.  

And the damn bow.......that poor child.

On 6.10.2016 at 11:25 PM, Lurky said:

Giggling, imagining the hairdressing class, where they learn how to tell a client who wants a pixie cut that long flowing curls would suit her so much more!  And now I'm imagining the "Southern Charm" classes, for telling clients that what they want is wrong, wrong, wrong!

And learning about the important questions, like are smoky eyes sinful? :pb_biggrin:

Ah, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a bible based cosmetology class. Love that term by the way, and here I gotta say it: only in America!

All you need to know about Christian cosmetology is the higher the hair, the closer to God. You can also say the curlier the hair, the closer to Gothard.

The second year focuses on the care and use of green eyeshadow.

Sometimes we read too much in pictures. Try to get a good picture with 2 children and then  you understand that they are posing the best they can. Maybe they took 579 pictures and this was the only good one. She doesn't touch her husband but both kids have open eyes and are not crying!

23 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Sometimes we read too much in pictures. Try to get a good picture with 2 children and then  you understand that they are posing the best they can. Maybe they took 579 pictures and this was the only good one. She doesn't touch her husband but both kids have open eyes and are not crying!

Hahaha, fair point!

On 10/8/2016 at 11:36 AM, catlady said:

. . . .  I've never understood the point of open-toed boots; they just don't look right.  

. . . 

or corduroy shorts. . .  or sleeveless turtlenecks. . .

I don't like the boots, but I REALLY like Whitney's dress.

I'm not even religious, let alone fundie, and I'd totally wear that. 

Just an FYI - Alyssa has made her triumphant return to Instagram.

IMG_3321.PNG

Any bets on how long this will last? :pb_lol:

(Seriously though, hopefully the break did her some good.)

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Just an FYI - Alyssa has made her triumphant return to Instagram.

IMG_3321.PNG

Any bets on how long this will last? :pb_lol:

(Seriously though, hopefully the break did her some good.)

Taking a wild guess that Lexie Mae is the chosen name and not just a rumor based on the letters I can make out peeking out under the Allie Jane banner. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived