IGNORED

Dilldereal 18

SpoonfulOSugar

20 minutes ago, obiwanfreak said:

Looks like the most recent post has mysteriously disappeared from the blog...

But we at FJ remember what it said.  :evil-laugh:

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

There are certain pro-life types that think the early blood test is a waste of time, resources, and undue stress on mother and baby because the only reason for the blood typing is to find out if there are any genetic anomalies that would make other people (pro-choice people?) abort. Since they aren't ever going to abort, why even do it?

I do not share these views, but I can see the Duggars taking this stance especially since they definitely take the more hands off approach to pre-natal care.

Even if I want to keep the fetus to term I would still want to know that early if there was a genetic anomaly. It would give me time to research, research, research. I would have the time to find a different doctor if I needed to, contact other moms, find different resources, etc.

Like I said, I doubt any of the Duggars are doing tests. We don't even know if Jessa had an actual licensed midwife at her birth.

That's what I said to my husband. I'd love to have as much time as possible to set up services. Even something mild is still an issue, and it's much better to get in that line early. I wonder how many fundies realize that. I'm a SAHM, but in my past working life I was a social worker, and my husband is a nurse. I saw, and he sees all the time how long medical thing took/take. Better early than late in those situations. :)

Not gonna lie, I'm actually looking forward to the genetic testing next time. I'll be at the age when they recommend/offer it no matter what your previous history is. I/we have none, but I want to find out what I'm having super early like that. I've had HG with both pregnancies, so I assume I will next time. I look forward to having as much time as possible to get things ready. I'm a clearance shopper and always on the hunt for weather and size appropriate clothes. :D

On 8/16/2016 at 2:51 PM, VelociRapture said:

I'm not going to lie - the Duggars really need to make this happen. Purely for my own amusement because I'm 100% convinced someone would interrupt with a report about a new Josh fuck up in the middle of the song. And then they'd have to stop all disappointed. :pb_lol:

Like resetting the chalkboard of the "We have gone __ days without an accident" back to zero.

7 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

That's what I said to my husband. I'd love to have as much time as possible to set up services. Even something mild is still an issue, and it's much better to get in that line early. I wonder how many fundies realize that. I'm a SAHM, but in my past working life I was a social worker, and my husband is a nurse. I saw, and he sees all the time how long medical thing took/take. Better early than late in those situations. :)

Not gonna lie, I'm actually looking forward to the genetic testing next time. I'll be at the age when they recommend/offer it no matter what your previous history is. I/we have none, but I want to find out what I'm having super early like that. I've had HG with both pregnancies, so I assume I will next time. I look forward to having as much time as possible to get things ready. I'm a clearance shopper and always on the hunt for weather and size appropriate clothes. :D

My husband and I opted to do genetic testing this pregnancy so we would have extra time to prepare if anything was wrong - my sister is a teacher and always says the students with disabilities who excel are usually the ones with parents that accept their diagnosis the best. Our thought was that extra time knowing would mean extra time to accept and prepare.

We had a Nuchal Translucency scan which came back normal (thankfully)... But we accidentally didn't do the bloodwork. We thought it was part of the lab work I had done earlier that week (because they took like nine vials of blood!), but apparently we were wrong. Whoops! :pb_lol:

So we weren't able to find out the sex early. Our anatomy scan is Tuesday though, so we'll know if we're having a Brandon Gerard or an Anna Elisabeth soon enough. I can't wait! :pb_smile:

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Looking at Derick's latest Instagram photos, it looks like the man bun might be gone. 

If you're talking about the airport pic, I can see what you mean, but it's still there. You can't clearly see the bun itself but his hair is still up.

#LongLiveTheManBun ;) 

2 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

If you're talking about the airport pic, I can see what you mean, but it's still there. You can't clearly see the bun itself but his hair is still up.

#LongLiveTheManBun ;) 

Yaaas. Any sign of rebellion against the Duggar-Borg is a great thing to me.

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My husband and I opted to do genetic testing this pregnancy so we would have extra time to prepare if anything was wrong - my sister is a teacher and always says the students with disabilities who excel are usually the ones with parents that accept their diagnosis the best. Our thought was that extra time knowing would mean extra time to accept and prepare.

We had a Nuchal Translucency scan which came back normal (thankfully)... But we accidentally didn't do the bloodwork. We thought it was part of the lab work I had done earlier that week (because they took like nine vials of blood!), but apparently we were wrong. Whoops! :pb_lol:

So we weren't able to find out the sex early. Our anatomy scan is Tuesday though, so we'll know if we're having a Brandon Gerard or an Anna Elisabeth soon enough. I can't wait! :pb_smile:

I did the NT test...with bloodwork, didn't get a sex determined. maybe it's changed, but that was only 4 years ago.

46 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I did the NT test...with bloodwork, didn't get a sex determined. maybe it's changed, but that was only 4 years ago.

Really? I thought that was the test that could determine it. If it's not then we wouldn't have found out the sex either way I guess (the genetic risk was more important for us anyway). :pb_lol:

I read with great interest all the tests that pregnant women are given these days. With my first (33 years ago), we had a few blood tests, no ultrasounds and no epidurals. We had no clue on the gender either. With the second one (2.5 years later) I had one ultrasound for second trimester bleeding, and when I asked about the gender, was told they didn't look because it didn't matter. I had no drugs for delivery (not by choice, I was begging for anything) and luckily it all worked out well with both kids. It amazes me sometimes, just how far technology has brought us.

4 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

I read with great interest all the tests that pregnant women are given these days. With my first (33 years ago), we had a few blood tests, no ultrasounds and no epidurals. We had no clue on the gender either. With the second one (2.5 years later) I had one ultrasound for second trimester bleeding, and when I asked about the gender, was told they didn't look because it didn't matter. I had no drugs for delivery (not by choice, I was begging for anything) and luckily it all worked out well with both kids. It amazes me sometimes, just how far technology has brought us.

It is pretty interesting. I've had more ultrasounds than normal so far because I miscarried our first pregnancy. It was definitely reassuring for husband and I to be able to see and hear baby every two weeks during the first trimester. I can't imagine how big a mess I would have been otherwise.

Yes, I remember reading about your miscarriage. I pop into the TTC and Preggo threads every now and then. I find I have to look up a lot of the abbreviations and I learn something new.

Technology is a wonderful thing.

ETA: Congratulations on your pregnancy. Hoping all goes well for you.

19 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I remember all those blood draws. They blew my veins each and every time, to the point where they had to go in my hand. The one guy told me I shouldn't have any more kids if I couldn't handle it. I told him he needed to learn to do his job and not blow my veins when taking my blood. That shut him up.

12 hours ago, karen77 said:

I think it's called Harmony. Or something like that. My first is going to be four in a couple months, and I know they have new tests out since then. My second just turned a year, and there were different options. I didn't have any of those tests since I wasn't high risk and our insurance would only cover if I was.

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

It is pretty interesting. I've had more ultrasounds than normal so far because I miscarried our first pregnancy. It was definitely reassuring for husband and I to be able to see and hear baby every two weeks during the first trimester. I can't imagine how big a mess I would have been otherwise.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!!! I had a lot of ultrasound both pregnancies because both boys wouldn't show their hearts. It got tedious coming in so often after a while, but, better safe than sorry.

20 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My eldest has the second name Elisabeth spelt like this in honour of her German great grandmother.  I am hoping for a girl.

5 hours ago, Percy said:

My eldest has the second name Elisabeth spelt like this in honour of her German great grandmother.  I am hoping for a girl.

Aw! We're doing the same thing. Anna was the middle name of my favorite Great-Aunt, her sister, and their mom (who helped raise my dad.) My mom and I also share the middle name Ann, so there's that too.

Elisabeth is in memory of my only maternal Aunt, whose middle name was Elizabeth. We both liked the "s" spelling better - but my Aunt's death was extremely traumatic, so I agreed to the other spelling for that reason as well. It's a way to honor her memory, while creating a small amount of separation.

Husband and I both think Velocibaby is a girl. As long as baby has all their parts working properly that's all that matters to us though.

6 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

I remember all those blood draws. They blew my veins each and every time, to the point where they had to go in my hand. The one guy told me I shouldn't have any more kids if I couldn't handle it. I told him he needed to learn to do his job and not blow my veins when taking my blood. That shut him up.

I think it's called Harmony. Or something like that. My first is going to be four in a couple months, and I know they have new tests out since then. My second just turned a year, and there were different options. I didn't have any of those tests since I wasn't high risk and our insurance would only cover if I was.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!!! I had a lot of ultrasound both pregnancies because both boys wouldn't show their hearts. It got tedious coming in so often after a while, but, better safe than sorry.

Thank you! I'll be half-way through on the 27th and then it's just another four weeks until we hit viability. That's going to be a massive relief.

Typical nicknames for Elisabeth in Germany are Lisa, Eli or Elisa. One of the German gymnasts in Rio is actually named Elisabeth but goes as Eli. :)

8 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

I'm so happy you did that. Fallacy of wrong direction, where cause and effect are reversed, drives me just wild. It's also an illusory correlation. But perhaps he didn't study that in phlebotomy school.

2 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

My youngest grand daughter is Elizabeth Ann. We call her Liz or Lizzy.

Mine youngest grand is Elizabeth also (her middle name is my name)...she mainly goes by Liz or Lizzy too, but close family call her all kinds of nicknames, including Ellie and Little Bit 

Elisabeth (spelled that way) is a family name for us, too. Nicknames for her include Lisa, Isa, Isabit, Liesel, Betsy, Beth, Littlebit, Liz, and Lizard. It's a versatile name. 

1 hour ago, Lillymuffin said:

Elisabeth (spelled that way) is a family name for us, too. Nicknames for her include Lisa, Isa, Isabit, Liesel, Betsy, Beth, Littlebit, Liz, and Lizard. It's a versatile name. 

aww, and i thought 'littlebit' was so original :my_rolleyes: our lizzy is so teeny, that's why she's called that...she's 6 3/4 and 37 pounds

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

aww, and i thought 'littlebit' was so original :my_rolleyes: our lizzy is so teeny, that's why she's called that...she's 6 3/4 and 37 pounds

Ours has always been in the bottom 10% of the growth chart. Her father calls her that. I think it's probably still pretty unique, though. Those are the only two I know of. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived