IGNORED

Kaci Lynn is here - Whitney and Zach's 2nd baby

Mrs. Figg

Found some photos this morning of Kaci Lynn on Tumblr. She is adorable and is wearing a different headband in each photo. The first headband is my favorite. I wonder if the family pays Taryn for her work.

tumblr_o9jif0n5lS1u0tuf6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_o9jif0n5lS1u0tuf6o2_500.jpg

tumblr_o9jif0n5lS1u0tuf6o3_500.jpg

Meet Miss little Kaci Lynn Bates!

Photos owned by Taryn Yager

www.tarynyagerphotography.com

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Duggars missed the boat big time with photography.  If they were serious about Jinger's photography career, they should have sent her to work with Taryn Yager.  

I'm not one to get professional photos to document everything, but I'd hire her if I was in the market (and area).  She's done some amazing work.

17 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

Something I love that I've heard other people hate is alcohol-related baby clothes. A lot of breweries sell onesies in their gift shops these days.... I think they're cute and there's nothing wrong with normalizing (relatively) healthy attitudes toward alcohol, but I've seen people fuss about it.

Not that that has anything to do with the Bates, clearly, haha.

HUGE YES!!! I don't understand the American mentality towards alcohol. I know so many people that practically OD'd on booze in college once they broke free of the rules. No the healthy mentality towards alcohol is not shaming a 15 year old who wants a sip of red wine with dinner. It's not a big deal. They're in the safety of their home under parent supervision. Then they won't be tempted to drink as much as possible when they do have access. It's a gradual education process not a sudden I'm 21 it's ok thing.

@TShirtsLongSkirtsIf I could sew I would absolutely do this. I can only knit blankets at the moment though. After my miscarriage I started working on a "sunshine" colored one (mostly yellow, a bit grey and white) for our next pregnancy - because this baby is my little ray of sunshine after the storm. It's turning out really cute and it'll definitely be done well before I pop in January. :pb_smile:

Lucky for us, my sister waited to find out the sex of her baby born a few months ago. So they have a nice little collection of gender neutral clothes for newborns to about three months. She already said we can borrow some. She's the best. :dance:

1 hour ago, accountingstar said:

Found some photos this morning of Kaci Lynn on Tumblr. She is adorable and is wearing a different headband in each photo. The first headband is my favorite. I wonder if the family pays Taryn for her work.

tumblr_o9jif0n5lS1u0tuf6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_o9jif0n5lS1u0tuf6o2_500.jpg

tumblr_o9jif0n5lS1u0tuf6o3_500.jpg

Am I the only one creeped out by these types of pictures? I think the baby looks unreal and almost dead in some cases. In particular the first type scare me.

26 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

@TShirtsLongSkirtsIf I could sew I would absolutely do this. I can only knit blankets at the moment though. After my miscarriage I started working on a "sunshine" colored one (mostly yellow, a bit grey and white) for our next pregnancy - because this baby is my little ray of sunshine after the storm. It's turning out really cute and it'll definitely be done well before I pop in January. :pb_smile:

Lucky for us, my sister waited to find out the sex of her baby born a few months ago. So they have a nice little collection of gender neutral clothes for newborns to about three months. She already said we can borrow some. She's the best. :dance:

For you, and anyone else looking for more neutral clothes for beyond 3 months, check Old Navy! Their unisex collection is great, but even their girls' section is much more blues/yellows/subtle colors and very little pink, in-your-face-girly stuff. 

I'm sorry, but I hate naked baby photos, even if their privates don't show. I'm not comfortable with the idea of someone photographing my nude baby. Plus, I don't see the appeal when you can dress them up in cute outfits for photos.

as somebody with a huge interest in photography, i am not a fan of those pictures, or most of taryn's work. she's very amateur.

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

HUGE YES!!! I don't understand the American mentality towards alcohol. I know so many people that practically OD'd on booze in college once they broke free of the rules. No the healthy mentality towards alcohol is not shaming a 15 year old who wants a sip of red wine with dinner. It's not a big deal. They're in the safety of their home under parent supervision. Then they won't be tempted to drink as much as possible when they do have access. It's a gradual education process not a sudden I'm 21 it's ok thing.

I'm an American and I don't get it either.  Making it taboo just drives people to overdo it once they have access.  Treating it as something that you can have a healthy relationship with is so important. Binge drinking is a huge issue in this country

I believe when they showed Carson getting his newborn pictures there was some naked ones as well and Nathan said he didn't understand why people made photo's like that.  I don't hate the pictures but I would've loved to have seen Kaci's many outfits 

3 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I've heard on several other forums to look for anything gender neutral in the boys' section.  Are Disney Princesses enemy #1 of the gender neutral movement?

Doesn't really answer the question but my Elsa obsessed boy would have loved if I could find him an Elsa tee shirt that doesn't have frilly girl sleeves. I was shocked they don't sell regular cut tee shirts with designs on them anymore! All the boy Frozen stuff is Olaf and Sven. Anyway, the Elsa phase passed and now it's Avengers and Star Wars, much easier. 

1 hour ago, elliha said:

Am I the only one creeped out by these types of pictures? I think the baby looks unreal and almost dead in some cases. In particular the first type scare me.

I haaaate newborn photography! They look RIDICULOUS to me. But everyone else seems to love it. These in particular look photoshopped within an inch of it's life though. Some aren't so over done in that regard.

On 6/22/2016 at 8:20 AM, sun_shiine64 said:

I think it might be an Uptv request, Lawson did post a picture but deleted it few minutes later

Hide contents

13445385_10210247603975744_2501278775629

My first post here :)  I am surprised no one picked up on why the picture was probably deleted.  If you look on the board behind his head, you can see the hospital room phone number, which is why he probably deleted it.  He re-posted the same picture later and had the number removed from the picture.

40 minutes ago, TLC371 said:

My first post here :)  I am surprised no one picked up on why the picture was probably deleted.  If you look on the board behind his head, you can see the hospital room phone number, which is why he probably deleted it.  He re-posted the same picture later and had the number removed from the picture.

Betting $5 Stalker Becky called Whitney's room... 

also, due to this post I just browsed his instagram and noticed his photo from yesterday has had the comments scrubbed as there is a "Becky you're an annoying stalker, find something to do with your time (paraphrasing)" comment, but no comment from Becky. Wonder what lines she crossed this time?

I find modesty for small children disturbing.  However if you're part of a group which thinks that brothers changing their sisters diapers can contribute to sexual assault, and believes in enforcing modesty on toddlers, then why is it OK to take naked newborn photos?

44 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Betting $5 Stalker Becky called Whitney's room... 

also, due to this post I just browsed his instagram and noticed his photo from yesterday has had the comments scrubbed as there is a "Becky you're an annoying stalker, find something to do with your time (paraphrasing)" comment, but no comment from Becky. Wonder what lines she crossed this time?

She probably prayed for him to find a wife.  I never noticed her until she was brought up here.  She by far crosses the creepy over the top meter

35 minutes ago, imokit said:

I find modesty for small children disturbing.  However if you're part of a group which thinks that brothers changing their sisters diapers can contribute to sexual assault, and believes in enforcing modesty on toddlers, then why is it OK to take naked newborn photos?

I never thought about it that way.  Maybe it is a sign that the 2nd generation is breaking away (Erin did this too).  Are there any naked newborn pics of the 2nd generation as babies?

But it could also be a Pinterest thing too.  Many of these 2nd generation married fundies do a lot of Pinterest things.

1 minute ago, Nashville92 said:

She probably prayed for him to find a wife.  I never noticed her until she was brought up here.  She by far crosses the creepy over the top meter

I don't follow any of the Bateseses (or any fundies) on instagram so I only peruse over if FJ mentions something interesting or when they show up in my explore page because a friend I went to undergrad with is a leghumper so instagram always thinks the Bates/Duggars are "something you might like":my_angry: no, instagram.

I noticed her previously, but I think she has definitely escalated in level of obsession recently, seemingly due to a rejected private message or an answered private message that wasn't the response she wanted? who knows. 

About the pictures, it is the style that creeps me out, not the nakedness. I tend not to publish naked photos of my child online but I don't think it is weird to take a picture of for example a happy naked baby laying on a blanket or in the bath and even frame it and hang it on the wall. I think that as long as a child is not uncomfortable with being photographed naked by their parents I see no harm in it. We have very few of them though as my daughter hates being naked. I think there are bath pictures from two times during her childhood, her first bath and one later from when she had a long period when she hated all kinds of bathing and when she finally bathed voluntarily we took some pictures to celebrate. 

I am not proud of myself but I did a wee bit of digging on Becky, mostly because I'm off today and have 5453 real things I should be doing... :my_blush: What I find most... odd is how her profile pictures are all gay rights emblems; either the rainbow ribbon or the red and pink equality symbol from a few years ago. That does not line up with the Bates and makes me question her. 

I don't have Facebook so I can't see much, just a few likes. Nothing earth shattering. BUT then I find her etsy account - ALL of the "items I love" products are baby nursery decor, gender reveal stuff, a ring that says "Alyssa," a "big sister" onsie, etc. Then I find an account on houzz (home decor ideas) and it's 200+ baby nursery pictures. Maybe she's pregnant? That makes sense. Or, and I admit to watching too much Law and Order SVU here, she's gearing up to kidnap a baby. 

Maybe she's a baby obsessed fundie. I feel better about that idea. 

7 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Can I get an AMEN? My parents' rule was that when my cousins in Germany could legally drink, I could too at home. I was allowed to have beer and wine/champagne on special occasions from about age 14 onwards, and then I started drinking wine or beer with dinner around 18 or so. Alcohol was never some forbidden fruit for me; it was a nice thing to drink, but you had to be careful and know your limits when you drink it. I had my wild days in college, believe you me, but I'm much more careful now that I know my limits (I knew them then, but then I discovered kegstands and body shots). Actually, now I have even lower limits because I've lost a lot of weight and I live alone, which means I don't bother to buy alcohol just to drink with meals or whatever, and I don't really go out unless I'm with other people, all of which mean that my tolerance is super-low now.

2 hours ago, elliha said:

About the pictures, it is the style that creeps me out, not the nakedness. I tend not to publish naked photos of my child online but I don't think it is weird to take a picture of for example a happy naked baby laying on a blanket or in the bath and even frame it and hang it on the wall. I think that as long as a child is not uncomfortable with being photographed naked by their parents I see no harm in it. We have very few of them though as my daughter hates being naked. I think there are bath pictures from two times during her childhood, her first bath and one later from when she had a long period when she hated all kinds of bathing and when she finally bathed voluntarily we took some pictures to celebrate. 

I totally hear you about the style being what's creepy... l really can't put my finger on what bugs me about this type of baby photography! It's so... unnatural? Like the head-on-hands look is borderline grotesque to me, coming from a newborn. It's just so weird looking! I do love the "outtake" listicles you can find on the internet of glammed up babies crying and pooping during shoots, like you'd expect a baby to do.

19 minutes ago, Casserole said:

I don't have Facebook so I can't see much, just a few likes. Nothing earth shattering. BUT then I find her etsy account - ALL of the "items I love" products are baby nursery decor, gender reveal stuff, a ring that says "Alyssa," a "big sister" onsie, etc. Then I find an account on houzz (home decor ideas) and it's 200+ baby nursery pictures. Maybe she's pregnant? That makes sense. Or, and I admit to watching too much Law and Order SVU here, she's gearing up to kidnap a baby. 

Maybe she's a baby obsessed fundie. I feel better about that idea. 

"Becky" is such a weird persona to me. I honestly think it's a bit catfishy, or even someone a little "off" who frequents places like FJ and just doesn't get how to interact on this level. But yeah... between the gay rights stuff, comment deletion, and no evidence that she actually floats in fundie circles, I doubt she's a fundie herself, whoever she is.

3 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I never thought about it that way.  Maybe it is a sign that the 2nd generation is breaking away (Erin did this too).  Are there any naked newborn pics of the 2nd generation as babies?

But it could also be a Pinterest thing too.  Many of these 2nd generation married fundies do a lot of Pinterest things.

I would bet my left hand it's Pinterest. I'm pregnant now and there are a TON of posts like those pictures recommended for my boards. 

@ellihaI agree about the style more than the content. Naked baby pictures are adorable when it's the kid just doing normal kid stuff. It's a little much (for me personally) to pose them with props and photoshop the shit out of the photos though. 

As for sharing those online... That's a personal decision I guess. Personally, no way would I share naked pictures of my kid. Not just because you never know who might be looking, but also because the Internet is forever. What I post about my baby could come back to haunt us later on. Plus, I just personally feel some photos of my kid should be private - naked ones definitely fall into that category.

5 hours ago, imokit said:

I also find baby modesty absurd. One time a FB friend was reported for a photo of an ultrasound picture. Because it showed a grainy black and white blob that was supposed to be a penis. :confused2:

I've put this up before, but I'll throw it in again. A bear suit is gender neutral and suitable for all occasions. Plus you can get them in a multitude of sizes from newborn to 18 months! 

2b2b305db71e6bdfa78fc793d1275d4b.jpg

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived