IGNORED

Kaci Lynn is here - Whitney and Zach's 2nd baby

Mrs. Figg

11 minutes ago, elliha said:

I don't wear make-up at all but after giving birth I could have used some, I honestly looked like a fresh corpse. Weird yellowish skin color, puffy face, dark circles under my eyes and hair that was completely tangled, it took me days to get all the tangled bits out because it hurt so much. 

I always wear make-up and I can totally see myself putting on some after giving birth (if everything went smoothly and there is nothing to worry about, of course!!).

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GreenTea said:

Glad mom and baby are healthy. They look like a happy family... 

However I don't like the make-up picture in the hospital as a baby announcement. It rings fake. Women look good with their natural face. Especially after giving birth you should be proud of yourself. Why women always cover up with tons of make-up and hot curled, dyed blonde hair is baffling. Now that little girl will see her mom with tons of make-up and copy that as "beauty" when her natural look is good. Men don't hide their faces in make-up. Sigh. I'll get off my make-up soapbox now.  

I hope her make-up was cruelty-free at least. A light in the darkness.    

Because some women like to do their hair and try out different makeup looks, and feel comfortable and happy and like they can express themselves through their hair and makeup. I personally feel much more put-together when I have my makeup on.

Sorry, I just get tired of people assuming that a woman is "fake" or insecure or a stupid sheep just because she enjoys putting on makeup and/or would prefer to be done up when posing for a photograph that will be released to the press. If those assumptions are true, then I guess I'm a vain, stupid, fake woman who's setting a terrible example for girls everywhere because I like having a bit of mascara on when I go out to face the world.

I have 2 children, both times I took a shower and put some make up and a nice nightgown before taking the pictures-to-post. I mean, I have pictures taken inmediately after delivery and I LOVE them! I love my exhausted face and my wrinkled newborn! But if I want a picture to post in facebook or to send to my friends, I'm taking a well dressed-make up-non crying baby picture.

I'm not critizising Bates nor anybody to try their best at pictures. I understand it.

9 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Does anyone else think that the family has been weirdly quite about Kaci Lynn's birth? I mean the Bates family normally keeps a heavy social media presence, and the only other Bates that congratulated Zach and Whitney publicly was Michael(la?)

I think it might be an Uptv request, Lawson did post a picture but deleted it few minutes later

Spoiler

13445385_10210247603975744_2501278775629

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Because some women like to do their hair and try out different makeup looks, and feel comfortable and happy and like they can express themselves through their hair and makeup. I personally feel much more put-together when I have my makeup on.

Sorry, I just get tired of people assuming that a woman is "fake" or insecure or a stupid sheep just because she enjoys putting on makeup and/or would prefer to be done up when posing for a photograph that will be released to the press. If those assumptions are true, then I guess I'm a vain, stupid, fake woman who's setting a terrible example for girls everywhere because I like having a bit of mascara on when I go out to face the world.

I agree. I don't wear makeup but I would never assume those who wear makeup are insecure or fake or hate the way they look. Makeup can be fun. Like shopping or dressing up. So what if someone enjoys dressing up and doing their hair and makeup. Do what you enjoy!

Glad baby and Mom are doing well.  Sweet family picture. 

When I had my babies, we didn't take pictures to post ... just took pictures to go into an album and, at some points in time, to look back and recall a great moment in life.  So my "just born" pics with my babies are in a hospital bed wearing a hospital robe.    And I look very happy. 

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I wish I could like your post 10 times! 

I once overheard a discussion between several moms who were all talking about how wrong it was for a mother to put on makeup and fix her hair. One of the moms even said, "I would rather spend my time playing with or feeding my child." She actually implied that a mother who puts on makeup must be ignoring her child and not even feeding it. 

The giant flower print headband matching the outfit in a one day old.  Sigh.  I'm seeing lots of giant flowers and pink dresses in her future, but we all knew that was coming.  For once, I'd love to see either a Duggar or Bates baby girl in nondescript newborn clothes.  Just a unisex onesie and socks.  

Most people with little girls tend to go on the frillier side.  My sister (who's never been a girly girl) always dressed her girls in dresses.  If they were wearing onesies, it was definitely a feminine one.  She never did the headflower thing though.  The hair accessory of choice for her girls (1.5, 3.5) is cat ears (given to them by me) which they fight over.

I don't see anything wrong with dressing little girls in pink dresses, etc.  Then again I'm not a fan of the modern unisex fashion look either and my summer wardrobe is fundy like (no pants).  

And if you think Kaci's dressed frilly, wait until Brooklyn Paine arrives.

I am sure she will be a cutie a like Bradley. I don't like the name Kaci Lynn, but whatever.

One FJ thing I never really understood was the hate for headbands on babies. I couldn't care less. However, that outfit with the matching pants/headband and glittery shirt is particularly horrendous.

4 hours ago, hollywood said:

Still love that they go to the hospital for their births

I do, too! Jill and Jessa could really learn a thing or two from how the Bateseses birth.

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

She is so small, there's no need for that headband. We already know it's a girl

Gotta start reinforcing those gender roles when they're fresh out of the womb!

2 minutes ago, artdecades said:

<snip>

One FJ thing I never really understood was the hate for headbands on babies. I couldn't care less. However, that outfit with the matching pants/headband and glittery shirt is particularly horrendous.

For me, at least, I just find them to be hideous. From the giant fake flower that Josie Duggar sported to the one Kaci Lynn is wearing here (it's not even a legit headband, more like some wrapped cloth), I think they're the worst. Why do babies need accessories?

I can't snark on her for fixing her hair and putting on make-up. If the world was going to see pictures of me after I gave birth you better bet I wouldn't be sharing the ones where I looked like I was mostly dead. I would make sure I looked awesome. 

I'm currently expecting, and I have to say, I definitely see the merit in posting a hair done with a little makeup picture to announce a birth versus of a picture of myself having been through it and my baby covered in junk from my insides. I definitely want a picture of that first moment, but the jury's out on whether I'm willing to go full "woof!" loud and proud on Facebook. What will happen in reality? It will probably depend on whether I even feel like wanting to do my hair and makeup post labor and delivery.

As for makeup, I don't feel like I can't live either with or without it. I wear it when I feel like it and when I don't, I go completely barefaced. I tend to like photos of myself better wearing some makeup, but it doesn't effect whether I choose to wear it day to day. It really depends on my mood. From what I hear, after giving birth, however, Miss America isn't really how you're feeling. I have no judgement for a woman wanting to feel pretty/beautiful in that moment. If my picture was intended for media circulation, you better believe I'd go for the works like Whitney did. 

And for what it's worth, if this bean is a little girl, she better get ready for some flower crowns and annoyingly big bows because I love them. She's going to wear 'em big and proud just like her mother before her. 

I like small baby bows and head bands. I hate those gigantic ones that are as big as their head! They are ridiculous and I guarentee that 20 years from now we will look back at those enormous bows plopped on a newborns head and think "what the actual fuck?"

At the most recent shower I went to we made headbands.  I picked the biggest flower and put a jewel in the middle, the band was pink.  I can't help it, I love the big bows and headbands.  Headbands aside, Kaci is cute and Whitney looks great.  Not going to snark on the makeup at all.  I'd do the same thing

Is this why the Duggars made the courtship announcement? Because Whitney was due this week?

It's a nice family photo they took. I'm not crazy about Whitney and her seemingly dropping the family that adopted her like hot potatoes, but I don't know the full story. I don't know why I thought she'd be spared the giant headbands though. I was wrong. 

My daughter never had a headband until she was old enough to ask for one at perhaps 2,5-3 years of age. For babies I tend to be very practical, they are cute enough even in clothes that are comfortable and serve a purpose. 2013-01-04_16-12-30.jpg

45 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I'm currently expecting, and I have to say, I definitely see the merit in posting a hair done with a little makeup picture to announce a birth versus of a picture of myself having been through it and my baby covered in junk from my insides. I definitely want a picture of that first moment, but the jury's out on whether I'm willing to go full "woof!" loud and proud on Facebook. What will happen in reality? It will probably depend on whether I even feel like wanting to do my hair and makeup post labor and delivery.

As for makeup, I don't feel like I can't live either with or without it. I wear it when I feel like it and when I don't, I go completely barefaced. I tend to like photos of myself better wearing some makeup, but it doesn't effect whether I choose to wear it day to day. It really depends on my mood. From what I hear, after giving birth, however, Miss America isn't really how you're feeling. I have no judgement for a woman wanting to feel pretty/beautiful in that moment. If my picture was intended for media circulation, you better believe I'd go for the works like Whitney did. 

And for what it's worth, if this bean is a little girl, she better get ready for some flower crowns and annoyingly big bows because I love them. She's going to wear 'em big and proud just like her mother before her. 

Same here. I'm due in January, so I have a ton of time to figure out how we'll handle everything. I think, at least, I'll probably toss on a bit of makeup. I don't usually wear any, but my skin isn't the greatest. It usually doesn't bother me, but this is going to be such a special and important moment in our lives - I kind of like the idea of looking a little nicer.

For publicly shared photos I'd like to look a bit nicer, but I'd also like some without makeup immediately after the birth for personal use too.

I completely disagree on the bows and headbands though. I can't stand them on babies. They look so uncomfortable and awkward. Plus, if we have a girl, my mom might just kill me for making her wear one - she hates them as much as I do. :pb_lol:

I'll have make-up on before (unless I have a dramatic rush to the hospital type event, obviously) and after I give birth. Of course, I have this weird thing about needing to look "put together" for important events, including just ordinary doctor/dentist appointments. I don't know if I think the doctor is going to treat me more importantly because I'm wearing a nice dress and I'm having a good hair day, which is completely insane, but it's just something I've always done. Even though I'm perfectly content to go without make-up or with a ponytail on a regular day. But you can bet that if my post birth picture was going to be used for publicity for my crazy in-laws dumb TV show, I'd be looking fab.

And to weigh in on the baby headbands: hate them! I just can't imagine that little babies enjoy wearing them. I wouldn't!

10 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

And to weigh in on the baby headbands: hate them! I just can't imagine that little babies enjoy wearing them. I wouldn't!

I love them, and I apparently I tolerated bows galore as a baby/child. My little sister loathed them and jerked them off forcefully. I have decided if baby jerks them off, I will stop, I promise. I'm not a monster, lol, I just happen to love bows on babies. 

I'm personally on the fence about headbands. They can be cute, but babies shouldn't be forced to wear them if they indicate that they are displeased by headbands, and the bow/flower/aircraft carrier adorning it shouldn't be the size of the baby's face.

I don't love headbands (they've always given me a headache) but as soon as any of my future children have enough hair for a clip-in bow, I'll be buying dozens. They are pretty cute on babies as long as they're not huge (a la Meredith). 

• OnceUponATime unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived