IGNORED

Kaci Lynn is here - Whitney and Zach's 2nd baby

Mrs. Figg

On 2 July 2016 at 9:31 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

I feel sorry for your baby and her poor head. My mother did that garbage to me and it hurt like hell.

Really? I've always found headbands painful but clip in bows and flowers were no problem. Depends on the person. Most little girls I know (I teach dance to kids) wear bows and it doesn't hurt them.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RhythmicSkater said:

Really? I've always found headbands painful but clip in bows and flowers were no problem. Depends on the person. Most little girls I know (I teach dance to kids) wear bows and it doesn't hurt them.

Oh yes. It was awful. I have very thin curly hair and it does not grow evenly. I also had some sensory issues as a kid. I would cry like crazy and she still did it. 

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

Oh yes. It was awful. I have very thin curly hair and it does not grow evenly. I also had some sensory issues as a kid. I would cry like crazy and she still did it. 

Yeah.  In case this point was missed.  It is not nice to subject your kid to pain because Mama thinks bows and things will look cute.

On 7/2/2016 at 9:23 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

It's actually a quite a little trigger for me, and something I still resent, so just fuck off, mkay? 

Yikes, maybe direct that at your mom not me. I didn't do crap to your head. In case you didn't realize, we're talking about HAIR BOWS, not removing limbs. You survived.

I thought the photos were nice, but I also kind of like that "glow-y" look. I think the composition could be better though.

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

Yikes, maybe direct that at your mom not me. I didn't do crap to your head. In case you didn't realize, we're talking about HAIR BOWS, not removing limbs. You survived.

Um, directed to you because your comment was condescending and unnecessary. If you are going to try to be a snotty bitch, don't be surprised when someone snaps back.

OK IN OTHER NEWS.... freedom, america, 4th of july, all that stuff.

I like the photos but i love the glowy photoshopped look. But they already have such nice skin so there wasn't really a need for much airbrushing...

On 7/2/2016 at 2:09 AM, Purrl said:

That gauze swaddling is a 'thing', like the headbands and the naked baby pics. It's called cocooning and I don't really care for it. 

I despise the tight swaddling fad.  When my kids were born I was taught to swaddle, but much more loosely.  I was also told to stop after two or three months, sooner if the baby indicated that it didn't like it.

Now these poor babies are bound so tightly they look malformed.  I once saw a picture that had the baby swaddled so tight, it looked like a big head poking out of a cocoon.  I was horrified, thinking that the baby had been born without arms and legs.

Newborns might accept cocooning tightly because after birth that's all they know, but I'm not sure that it's really helpful.

As for headbands, I only used one once because I was given one as a gift and put it on baby girl to take a picture of her in it.  She didn't seem to mind, but when I went to take it off her, I saw on her skin where the elastic had caused red marks.  I didn't use the headband after that.

And I've never used barrett's on the young ones, because I felt that they pulled on the hair too much, even the velcro ones that are used on the very small babies.  I used barrett's on an older child's hair to keep it out of her eyes, but when they keep pulling them out it's time to find another way.

16 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I thought the photos were nice, but I also kind of like that "glow-y" look. I think the composition could be better though.

I don't normally like the glow-y look but I with it works for things like newborn photos. The flesh colored gauze turning the baby into a literal bean/egg thing and the weird composition ruin these photos for me. I don't normally have any complaint's with their photographers stuff though so maybe this is just what Whitney/Zach wanted? 

Just now, tumblr said:

I don't normally like the glow-y look but I with it works for things like newborn photos. The flesh colored gauze turning the baby into a literal bean/egg thing and the weird composition ruin these photos for me. I don't normally have any complaint's with their photographers stuff though so maybe this is just what Whitney/Zach wanted? 

I'm thinking that since they almost exclusively patronize Taryn Yaeger, that that is exactly what they're looking for. If that's what they like, then good for them. Out of the fundie photographers, I tend to prefer Felber myself.

On 23 June 2016 at 9:46 PM, Mela99 said:

I will say this, if anyone tries to put that stripey old gym sock with a bow on my newborn daughter I will kill them with fire. 

The stripey old gym sock thingie looks a lot like the head wear worn by my husbands grandmas generation at the Steamie!

Steamies were large laundries with lots of sinks, hot water and drying facilities for people who lived in tenement blocks with no hot water to take the family laundry to  once a week.

They usually also had lots of bathtubs for folk to have a weekly bath before houses were built with bathrooms. Folk took their own towel and soap. An alloted amount of time was given for the bather. Grumpy bath attendants would bang on the door if too much time was taken having a bath.

They were built by local councils and charged a small fee for use. 

Women would put their hair in curlers and tie a scarf around their heads before going. The heat would set the curls. Saved on hairdresser visits.

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

I'm thinking that since they almost exclusively patronize Taryn Yaeger, that that is exactly what they're looking for. If that's what they like, then good for them. Out of the fundie photographers, I tend to prefer Felber myself.

Taryn's style is usually the standard style you'd get with any sort of portrait photographer, unless you seek out someone into abstract art who really wants to break the mold.

I quite like the Felbers work with natural light. It would be interesting to see how they would go with newborn photography. I did find something from 6 years ago, and I am LOLing at the little old man baby. http://photographybybritton.blogspot.com.au/2010/01/new-bornjack-williams.html

17 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Taryn's style is usually the standard style you'd get with any sort of portrait photographer, unless you seek out someone into abstract art who really wants to break the mold.

I quite like the Felbers work with natural light. It would be interesting to see how they would go with newborn photography. I did find something from 6 years ago, and I am LOLing at the little old man baby. http://photographybybritton.blogspot.com.au/2010/01/new-bornjack-williams.html

That's one of the angriest looking babies I've ever seen. So adorable!

I'm wondering if there's ever been a show or any Instagram photos of Whitney's family.  She was an only child till the age of 12, then adopted into a family that already had 11 kids.  You'd think they'd visit or she and Zach would go over there .... I guess BUBs focuses on when they're at the Bates house, etc. so it doesn't get filmed, but other than a shot of her dad on Father's Day or her wedding, they seem to be absent.  Anyone have any info?

More pictures of Kaci, just in time for 4th of July. She looks just like one of those lifelike scary dolls.Skjermbilde 2016-07-05 kl. 01.43.41.png

2 hours ago, Purrl said:

Regarding Britton Felber - the heading on his FB page is still a photo from Ben's & Jessa's wedding.  https://www.facebook.com/Photographybybritton

I guess they are the only "famous" couple he's photographed.

Who's the photographer that did some of the other fundie weddings?  (David/Priscilla, Bates weddings, Jill/Derick).  I seem to remember a photo of David/Priscilla on train tracks and another one of John and Alyssa looking at each other like they're about to have sweet fellowship in the middle of a field.  If my memory serves me right, they're the same photographer.

8 hours ago, Flossie said:

/snip/

Now these poor babies are bound so tightly they look malformed.  I once saw a picture that had the baby swaddled so tight, it looked like a big head poking out of a cocoon.  I was horrified, thinking that the baby had been born without arms and legs.

/snip/

I was trying to place what creeps me out so much about Taryn's pictures. I think you hit the nail on the head. In several of the pictures, the baby is swaddled so tightly or placed with his or her limbs curled under so it looks like the baby's head is four or five sizes too large for the body. Yikes. I don't want to see the baby's private parts, but there are ways to take the picture that covers the important parts, yet doesn't make the child look deformed. I remember similar pictures of Carson and thinking the same thing.

I also don't care for the glowy look, but it doesn't creep me out so much.

Not a fan of the large headgear for the girls, but I realize it's popular amongst some folks. At least the blue bonnet in the Fourth of July picture doesn't look like it's growing out of Kaci's head, unlike the flower headbands.

1 hour ago, wikinggirl said:

More pictures of Kaci, just in time for 4th of July. She looks just like one of those lifelike scary dolls.Skjermbilde 2016-07-05 kl. 01.43.41.png

I thought the others were scary, but jeez...especially the second one. I will say though that the Bates' do end up having the prettiest kids, but take pictures when they are awake, too!

On 4 July 2016 at 0:05 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Ah fair enough. I have super thick hair so I can't even feel it. If it made a kid miserable I wouldn't do it, but that seems like a special case rather than the norm.

13 hours ago, Flossie said:

I despise the tight swaddling fad.  When my kids were born I was taught to swaddle, but much more loosely.  I was also told to stop after two or three months, sooner if the baby indicated that it didn't like it.

Newborns might accept cocooning tightly because after birth that's all they know, but I'm not sure that it's really helpful.

As for headbands, I only used one once because I was given one as a gift and put it on baby girl to take a picture of her in it.  She didn't seem to mind, but when I went to take it off her, I saw on her skin where the elastic had caused red marks.  I didn't use the headband after that.

And I've never used barrett's on the young ones, because I felt that they pulled on the hair too much, even the velcro ones that are used on the very small babies.  I used barrett's on an older child's hair to keep it out of her eyes, but when they keep pulling them out it's time to find another way.

I just find the cocoon thing creepy. I just get the sense that the baby's going to break free and latch onto my face like in Alien.

And as for baby hair decorations, cute hats and soft, loose headbands are OK in my book, since hey, you only have a few years until the Goth Phase kicks in and your kid starts insisting that tattoo choker necklaces and mom-jean shorts are an inalienable part of their self-expression (hey, I'm just going by the awful things I see teenagers wearing these days, don't shoot the messenger...and to be fair I made some pretty heinous fashion choices during my THIS ISN'T A PHASE MOM THIS IS WHO I AM phase). Enjoy your ability to put adorable shit on your child without complaint or back-talk while you can. But if said adorable shit causes discomfort, that's not cool.

With barrettes, I remember wearing them a lot as a kid, but more often my mom did my hair with those claw clips (I used to call them Zazu Cages because they looked like the cage that Zazu the hornbill got stuck in towards the end of The Lion King. Yeah, I was the kind of kid who, if Disney released VHS footage of Newt Gingrich having the taco shits to a looped Muzak cover of Sussudio, would have thrown a tantrum in the middle of Wal-Mart to make my mom buy it for me, along with the Diarrhea Magic Princess Newt doll), and being a child of the 90s/early 2000s, I rocked butterfly clips like it was nobody's business. Couldn't those come back instead of the awful tattoo choker necklaces (which I regrettably also rocked in fifth grade)?

9 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

Although I don't like newborn posed pictures, I like the bonnet for July 4, but I would prefer it with the baby fully dressed and in a natural position.

Kaci Lynn face is really beautiful for a newborn. It's like a drawn face. I find all newborns cute, their tenderness melts my heart. But newborns faces are not usually as pretty as Kaci's.

She looks like the babies on my facebook and pintrest. eh, cute kid. 

My daughter is a little weirdo, she likes bows in her hair but only in the front and likes pig tails or pony tails but don't comb her bangs back.  So I'll do a low pony tail and a little bow or clip for bangs. She also has 1 clip that she HAAAAAASSS to wear every day. Hell hath no fury like a toddler with the wrong color clip. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived