IGNORED

Kaci Lynn is here - Whitney and Zach's 2nd baby

Mrs. Figg

13 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I've put this up before, but I'll throw it in again. A bear suit is gender neutral and suitable for all occasions. Plus you can get them in a multitude of sizes from newborn to 18 months! 

2b2b305db71e6bdfa78fc793d1275d4b.jpg

I LOVE THESE THINGS SO MUCH.

Also, when I was four for Halloween I decided to be Simba and when I went around I told everyone I was Simba and they were like "You mean Nala?" And I was like "Are you kidding? The whole movie is about SIMBA. Nala is cool or whatever, but SIMBA. SIMBA is the LION KING." I really thought those adults were weirdos.

My parents were really cool with it. I shopped for shoes in the boy section and my brother got his nails painted and dressed up with us in our princess dress up clothes and we all played with Barbies and cars and Power Rangers and Tinker Toys. 

Another story, my grandma (my Dad's mom) paid a fortune (to them) to get his professional portrait taken when he was five or six. He spent the night before his big pictures taken with his aunt and girl cousins and they decide to paint his nails to make him pretty for his picture! So his aunt takes him to get his portrait taken and when his mom gets the pictures 5 weeks later there's my five or six year old dad in a little suit jacket and shorts sitting on a bench with his hands on his knees and his nails are painted! My dad said she just sighed and said "Well, we're still sending them out because I'm not paying for new ones." Also, the picture is black and white, but my dad let us know that his nails were red. Also, this was in the mid 50s. :tw_blush:

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

I've put this up before, but I'll throw it in again. A bear suit is gender neutral and suitable for all occasions. Plus you can get them in a multitude of sizes from newborn to 18 months! 

2b2b305db71e6bdfa78fc793d1275d4b.jpg

.... I feel really strongly about needing this for my baby. They will be born in winter after all... :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

I totally hear you about the style being what's creepy... l really can't put my finger on what bugs me about this type of baby photography! It's so... unnatural? Like the head-on-hands look is borderline grotesque to me, coming from a newborn. It's just so weird looking! I do love the "outtake" listicles you can find on the internet of glammed up babies crying and pooping during shoots, like you'd expect a baby to do.

Yess! I love the outtakes that show up from those stupid shoots. I don't really understand the pull of photos of your baby doing things your baby would never do. Like head on arms and whatnot. My husband is anti-any posed photos so all of our babies' pictures are candids, which is fine by me. And honestly, I have probably taken phone camera pics of them every single day of their lives since they came home from NICU and I'd rather remember their infancy/childhood the way it actually was than some fake photoshopped non-reality.

Just now, VelociRapture said:

.... I feel really strongly about needing this for my baby. They will be born in winter after all... :pb_lol:

Awww, my wee monkeys came home from NICU in little bear sleepers! New England February... Of course, the huge things were newborn size and my babes were preemie size and they didn't leave the house again for ages so they never actually FIT.

IMAG0478.jpg

3 hours ago, Casserole said:

I am not proud of myself but I did a wee bit of digging on Becky, mostly because I'm off today and have 5453 real things I should be doing... :my_blush: What I find most... odd is how her profile pictures are all gay rights emblems; either the rainbow ribbon or the red and pink equality symbol from a few years ago. That does not line up with the Bates and makes me question her. 

I don't have Facebook so I can't see much, just a few likes. Nothing earth shattering. BUT then I find her etsy account - ALL of the "items I love" products are baby nursery decor, gender reveal stuff, a ring that says "Alyssa," a "big sister" onsie, etc. Then I find an account on houzz (home decor ideas) and it's 200+ baby nursery pictures. Maybe she's pregnant? That makes sense. Or, and I admit to watching too much Law and Order SVU here, she's gearing up to kidnap a baby. 

Maybe she's a baby obsessed fundie. I feel better about that idea. 

It may be creepy of me to look up her FB, but in my defense, everything of hers is public, except for her Instagram. Becky makes a lot of posts to fundie FB pages, asking to bring back the Duggars and whatnot. She asked who was dating on the Willis fan page and people shut her down, telling her it was none of her business. Becky is also a genuine fan of Obama and on the Counting On page, she says she can like the Duggars because life isn't black and white. She is starstruck.

36 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/52109?feat=515592-GN2&page=infants-hi-loft-fleece-coveralls

It's a little bit pricy (to me, anyway), but the reviews are really positive. And because it's oversized, apparently lasts for a bit. 

45 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/52109?feat=515592-GN2&page=infants-hi-loft-fleece-coveralls

It's a little bit pricy (to me, anyway), but the reviews are really positive. And because it's oversized, apparently lasts for a bit. 

Last fall I saw Kohls with a similar thing for still somewhat expensive, like $30. But man it's so cute.

It looks like motherhood agrees with Whitney. She looks prettier every time I see her.

Maybe she'll keep her brood small so she can be a hands-on mother. It looks like she really enjoys being with Bradley all day.

8 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

I totally hear you about the style being what's creepy... l really can't put my finger on what bugs me about this type of baby photography! It's so... unnatural? Like the head-on-hands look is borderline grotesque to me, coming from a newborn. It's just so weird looking! I do love the "outtake" listicles you can find on the internet of glammed up babies crying and pooping during shoots, like you'd expect a baby to do.

At first I didn't understand how these pictures were even possible without sedating the kid first but then other people pointed out that newborns sleep so heavily that you can do this and then I remembered that I gave birth 2,5 weeks late and basically never had a real newborn but an active staring baby already at the hospital who thought the world was too exciting to waste her days sleeping. They would probably have gotten a lot of grumpy pictures of a staring baby who would only look sweet while breastfeeding.

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

You can often buy cute little winter suits with ears...

@twinmama your babies are lovely! And I also deeply dislike posed newborn pictures. I really like newborns, I think their tenderness is beautiful and they need no fancy dresses, no unnatural poses, their beauty is their simplicity. 

9 hours ago, Casserole said:

I am not proud of myself but I did a wee bit of digging on Becky, mostly because I'm off today and have 5453 real things I should be doing... :my_blush: What I find most... odd is how her profile pictures are all gay rights emblems; either the rainbow ribbon or the red and pink equality symbol from a few years ago. That does not line up with the Bates and makes me question her. 

I don't have Facebook so I can't see much, just a few likes. Nothing earth shattering. BUT then I find her etsy account - ALL of the "items I love" products are baby nursery decor, gender reveal stuff, a ring that says "Alyssa," a "big sister" onsie, etc. Then I find an account on houzz (home decor ideas) and it's 200+ baby nursery pictures. Maybe she's pregnant? That makes sense. Or, and I admit to watching too much Law and Order SVU here, she's gearing up to kidnap a baby. 

It reminds me of that cheap tv movies where a woman can't have a baby and kidnaps one. Not saying Becky is, of course, but she's no doubt obsessed..

18 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@TShirtsLongSkirtsIf I could sew I would absolutely do this. I can only knit blankets at the moment though. After my miscarriage I started working on a "sunshine" colored one (mostly yellow, a bit grey and white) for our next pregnancy - because this baby is my little ray of sunshine after the storm. It's turning out really cute and it'll definitely be done well before I pop in January. :pb_smile:

Lucky for us, my sister waited to find out the sex of her baby born a few months ago. So they have a nice little collection of gender neutral clothes for newborns to about three months. She already said we can borrow some. She's the best. :dance:

@VelociRapture that's so awesome! I'm also a knitter, but I don't have the patience for blankets. I do a few squares and then get bored and end up with a blanket that's only fit for a Barbie doll ;) Your blanket will be gorgeous I'm sure! And glad you've got some clothes sorted. :D 

14 hours ago, Casserole said:

She posted something yesterday on Lawson and Katie's photo about being a caretaker for her grandmother or something and going to school. I wanted to go screenshot it but when I went back to snag it, it's been deleted. If you look at those comments people are replying to it with things like "good for you but stop being so creepy." 

12 hours ago, twinmama said:

Yess! I love the outtakes that show up from those stupid shoots. I don't really understand the pull of photos of your baby doing things your baby would never do. Like head on arms and whatnot. My husband is anti-any posed photos so all of our babies' pictures are candids, which is fine by me. And honestly, I have probably taken phone camera pics of them every single day of their lives since they came home from NICU and I'd rather remember their infancy/childhood the way it actually was than some fake photoshopped non-reality.

Awww, my wee monkeys came home from NICU in little bear sleepers! New England February... Of course, the huge things were newborn size and my babes were preemie size and they didn't leave the house again for ages so they never actually FIT.

IMAG0478.jpg

What are you doing to my ovaries? So adorable I can't stand it.

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

What are you doing to my ovaries? So adorable I can't stand it.

Just imagine both of them screaming and barfing because that's almost all I remember from the first year. :):)

13 hours ago, accountingstar said:

A new photo of the whole Little Bates Family taken by Taryn. Found it on Tumblr. Bradley is just adorable.

tumblr_o9lbtzBgHK1s1nwhmo1_1280.jpg

Link to more baby Kaci photos: http://tarynyagerphotography.com/kaci-lynn-bates-west-knoxville-farragut-maryville-newborn-studio-photographer/

I don't like the glow in her pictures. It just looks to photoshopped to me. I mean, they all look adorable (although Kaci looks like a porcelain doll) but the glow just makes it so fake. 

This might just be my photojournalism background though, I prefer more realistic photos.

28 minutes ago, wikinggirl said:

I don't like the glow in her pictures. It just looks to photoshopped to me. I mean, they all look adorable (although Kaci looks like a porcelain doll) but the glow just makes it so fake. 

This might just be my photojournalism background though, I prefer more realistic photos.

Her pictures are more airbrushed than my drunk selfies

56 minutes ago, wikinggirl said:

I agree about the Photoshopping. It looks a bit unnatural.

I'm not a photographer or anything, but I liked the ones the Websters had done back in October - they were outside with Allie Jane. Those looked a bit photoshopped too, but it seemed much more natural and way less posed. Those were taken by the Felbers - they also shot during the Webster and Seewald weddings as well.

20 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm not a photographer or anything, but I liked the ones the Websters had done back in October - they were outside with Allie Jane. Those looked a bit photoshopped too, but it seemed much more natural and way less posed. Those were taken by the Felbers - they also shot during the Webster and Seewald weddings as well.

I just googled them, I agree they look better. Still photoshopped, but not in that glowy way. 

4 hours ago, twinmama said:

Just imagine both of them screaming and barfing because that's almost all I remember from the first year. :):)

Aaaaaand you just killed my baby fever. Hahahaha!

(But seriously they were sooooo cute!!)

@VelociRapture I had a white bear winter suit that I put my son in every time we went outside when it was cold. He looked adorable! You should be able to find something cute once the stores start putting out the winter baby stuff.

15 hours ago, accountingstar said:

A new photo of the whole Little Bates Family taken by Taryn. Found it on Tumblr. Bradley is just adorable.

I stared at that photo and stared - the position of the hand is so. very. weird.

For a while, I thought poor Kaci had some weird appendage from her backside.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:00 AM, VelociRapture said:

@TShirtsLongSkirtsIf I could sew I would absolutely do this. I can only knit blankets at the moment though. After my miscarriage I started working on a "sunshine" colored one (mostly yellow, a bit grey and white) for our next pregnancy - because this baby is my little ray of sunshine after the storm. It's turning out really cute and it'll definitely be done well before I pop in January. :pb_smile:

Lucky for us, my sister waited to find out the sex of her baby born a few months ago. So they have a nice little collection of gender neutral clothes for newborns to about three months. She already said we can borrow some. She's the best. :dance:

When Wychling learned of her pregnancy, we started buying yellow, green, gray, etc stuff.  I made a crocheted blanket of white and turquoise yarn.  Grandwychling's room is green;  he seems to focus on yellow things quite often.  I think he likes Curious George catroons because of the man in the yellow hat, lol.

There are so many cute baby things available nowadays.  I might have to get a job at Babies R US, lol.

31 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

I stared at that photo and stared - the position of the hand is so. very. weird.

For a while, I thought poor Kaci had some weird appendage from her backside.

:omg:, yes! No I can't unsee it. 

17 hours ago, accountingstar said:

tumblr_o9lbtzBgHK1s1nwhmo1_1280.jpg

Link to more baby Kaci photos: http://tarynyagerphotography.com/kaci-lynn-bates-west-knoxville-farragut-maryville-newborn-studio-photographer/

Bradley is like a living Kewpie doll. He's a cute youngin, & so is wee Kaci. :my_heart:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived