IGNORED

Kaci Lynn is here - Whitney and Zach's 2nd baby

Mrs. Figg

Whit is not that extreme. She was posting a tender image of a co-sleeping family. As far as it means those kids are not Ezzo-trained, good for them. 

People are always acting like they know for sure that these 3rd gen kids are being Ezzo trained... where's the proof?

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

People are always acting like they know for sure that these 3rd gen kids are being Ezzo trained... where's the proof?

Kelly trained and was proud of it. Whitney admires Kelly and seemed willing to copy her. I'm happy she's not doing it. 

Can someone please connect the dots for me between Ezzo training and Zach sleeping without a shirt? Is it that Ezzo discourages cosleeping?

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Can someone please connect the dots for me between Ezzo training and Zach sleeping without a shirt? Is it that Ezzo discourages cosleeping?

Yes, they discourage it. 

In contrast to advice given by popular pediatrician William "Dr. Bill" Sears, the Baby Wise authors do not condone co-sleeping;[1]Ezzo wrote, "The most serious sleep problems we've encountered are associated with parents who sleep with their babies."[16 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Becoming_Baby_Wise)

As for Whitney, she may not be all that extreme, but she married into an extreme family and generally seems eager to go along with most of what they believe, which still makes me interested that she posted a picture of Zach obviously shirtless. Then again, we've seen before that pictures of men aren't necessarily subject to the same restrictions as ones of women. 

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Absolutely.

Just because the kids were in bed does not mean they are co-sleeping.  Plenty of parents are strict about bed and sleep, but let their kids come in and snuggle/nap in the morning.  That picture does not mean they co-sleep.  Nor does it say anything about bedtime/night habits.

3 hours ago, imokit said:

Just because the kids were in bed does not mean they are co-sleeping.  Plenty of parents are strict about bed and sleep, but let their kids come in and snuggle/nap in the morning.  That picture does not mean they co-sleep.  Nor does it say anything about bedtime/night habits.

Yes, you're right. Whitney said that Zach carried them to their room when the kids woke up in the morning.  They don't seem to sleep with them all night.  

6 hours ago, imokit said:

Both Erin and Whit have posted several pictures of babies sleeping with parents. We can't say they co-sleep for sure but at least they don't seem to be sleep training. Kelly was proud of rough routines and Whit/Erin aren't. 

don't get me wrong, I'm sure young Bates are stricter parents than most of us, there is too much pressure in kids behaving and obeying no matter what. But copying Kelly and Gil level of abuse, I find it hard to believe. I mean, starving kids and hitting with rods and all that madness, I hope not, they don't seem so extreme and they have more normal lifes. I know posting sweet pictures is not an evidence, but one can hope. 

Well, they do let them sleep with them in bed and that might be a small indication that they are at least not looking to have as many as their parents. If you are going to let even just the small kids come to bed in the morning it will get crowded even with just 3 kids so perhaps they do at least hope that they are not going to have a child a year for the rest of their life. They are not picturing a bed full of kids when they let them come there so at least there is some hope in this.

Even Jessa has stated she's not raising Spurge the same way she was raised. She said she admires her mother but she's not doing exactly the same way. As it could be difficult to do it harder, I suppose it means they are raising more gently.  Even if it's just a little softer, it's  an improvement.

I know Erin, Jessa and all these fundies who seem to be happy mothers, will be less patient and less involved when #5 will come. But if they eventually stop having kids or at least are not having one every year, I'm sure fundies 3rd generation will have better childhoods than their parents.

10 hours ago, imokit said:

Is Zach wearing a Lawson Bates shirt?

I was too busy staring at Bradley but it appears so! That's kinda awkward! 

3 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I just broswered on his website and it looks like he doesn't sell them on there so it could be locally? 

Or maybe just at his "shows"

2 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

Or maybe just at his "shows"

They may be sold out because of how popular he is. :P 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived