IGNORED

Kaci Lynn is here - Whitney and Zach's 2nd baby

Mrs. Figg

Kaci looks dead in those pics. Its eerie.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/30/2016 at 9:04 AM, 19 cats and counting said:

It seems that the norm these days is gender neutral leans masculine.  Zara just started selling gender neutral adult's clothing and it seems to be plain gray sweats (including the type that Justin Bieber wears that makes someone look like they're wearing a saggy diaper), t-shirts, and jeans.  (All historically masculine).

I have yet to see a historically feminine item like a skirt be considered gender neutral (even though guys have modeled them before).  

As for little kids--- I've heard on several other forums to look for anything gender neutral in the boys' section.  Are Disney Princesses enemy #1 of the gender neutral movement?

This is the problem I have with the idea of 'gender neutral' tbh. I see no reason that the color pink, glitter, and skirts can't work for either gender but dinos, blue, and pants are all common in 'gender neutral' clothing lines. 

In my opinion you should just buy items you want to see yourself/your child in and fuck gender norms to hell. 

2 hours ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

I stared at that photo and stared - the position of the hand is so. very. weird.

For a while, I thought poor Kaci had some weird appendage from her backside.

I thought she had the longest, weirdest baby arm ever. 

6 hours ago, tumblr said:

This is the problem I have with the idea of 'gender neutral' tbh. I see no reason that the color pink, glitter, and skirts can't work for either gender but dinos, blue, and pants are all common in 'gender neutral' clothing lines. 

In my opinion you should just buy items you want to see yourself/your child in and fuck gender norms to hell. 

Personally? I don't see why super "girly" items shouldn't be seen as gender neutral the same as some super "boyish" clothes are either. I always think it's awesome when I see parents letting their sons wear dresses or skirts if that's what they happen to like. That's parenting done right in my opinion.

But do I really like super "girly" stuff that's bright pink and covered in frills? No. I think it can be cute at times, but it's just not my personal taste. So my baby won't be wearing that kind of stuff until they're old enough to actually indicate what they prefer. If my son or daughter tells me that they like dressing in all pink and frills (or all blue and monster trucks) I would gladly dress them in it - teaching them to be happy and confident in their own skin far outweighs my dislike of a specific color.

(And I have to say, my parents did a relatively good job of this with my younger brother. He never liked dresses or dolls or anything typically "girly", and my parents did a pretty good job at accepting that and embracing his sense of style. It wasn't easy for him to come out as Transgender, but I think that experience may have made him feel a little more comfortable about it.)

I see the glow a lot in Taryn's photographs. Can anyone with a photographer's background jump in and tell me why her pictures aren't the best? I saw some people saying her pics look kind of amateur.

I see the glow a lot in Taryn's photographs. Can anyone with a photographer's background jump in and tell me why her pictures aren't the best? I saw some people saying her pics look kind of amateur.

My number 1 reason is something you mentioned - the "glow" - it really takes down any image quality. Her composition isn't great, and just the overall quality of her work leaves a lot to be desired.

The average family would have no issue with placing her pics on the mantle but when I look at her work, I can't help myself from spotting things I don't like.

2 hours ago, season of life said:

I agree with @actuallyjessica the glow is my biggest concern, it just looks fake. The pictures are OK, but nothing more than that. 

3 hours ago, accountingstar said:

tumblr_o9m1osVL691u0tuf6o5_500.jpg

Like this picture, the composition is boring, the cropping is weird, there's half an arm at the bottom and the top of her head is missing. And I don't get the swaddling of the baby. 

2 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

<snip>

Like this picture, the composition is boring, the cropping is weird, there's half an arm at the bottom and the top of her head is missing. And I don't get the swaddling of the baby. 

That gauze swaddling is a 'thing', like the headbands and the naked baby pics. It's called cocooning and I don't really care for it. 

2 hours ago, Purrl said:

That gauze swaddling is a 'thing', like the headbands and the naked baby pics. It's called cocooning and I don't really care for it. 

The blush color is a bit weird, almost like a caul.  But, the small headband is cuter than those "dust rags" usually shown.

I think zach majorly lucked out with Whitney. I have a soft spot for her for whatever reason but fact is she's beautiful and sweet. I'm glad he allowed himself to fall in love with a girl outside his circle and be happy. He's so much more confident and relaxed then the sweaty mess he was with the Sarah courtship thing. He's got to be thanking his lucky stars there. 

On June 22, 2016 at 3:11 PM, RhythmicSkater said:

I don't love headbands (they've always given me a headache) but as soon as any of my future children have enough hair for a clip-in bow, I'll be buying dozens. They are pretty cute on babies as long as they're not huge (a la Meredith). 

I feel sorry for your baby and her poor head. My mother did that garbage to me and it hurt like hell.

12 hours ago, Purrl said:

Gosh, so they just went all pinterest with this, huh? 

Swaddling, cocooning, I don't like it. She is so wrapped up, and then there's the flappy part close to Whitney's hand. No thank you. 

(I promise, I'm not really this negative! I just don't like these pictures! :dance:)

3 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

I think zach majorly lucked out with Whitney. I have a soft spot for her for whatever reason but fact is she's beautiful and sweet. I'm glad he allowed himself to fall in love with a girl outside his circle and be happy. He's so much more confident and relaxed then the sweaty mess he was with the Sarah courtship thing. He's got to be thanking his lucky stars there. 

Even if they are fundie, I think it's pretty lucky he got to meet her, out of all places, a Sonic. He was able to find a girl he loved and wanted to settle down with, even after that embarrassing courtship with Sarah Reith. I worry about what happens to these people after broken courtships because I dread they'll still end up with someone they don't really love (like Josh and Anna).

21 hours ago, season of life said:

I don't have a photographer's background, though I do have a masters in film production lol, but her pics are way too Photoshopped. The people hardly look human to me. They look ridiculous.

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I feel sorry for your baby and her poor head. My mother did that garbage to me and it hurt like hell.

Good god, lol. I wore barrettes nonstop as a kid and they were just fine. It's like the back half goes through your scalp, it's just a hair clip.

49 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I don't have a photographer's background, though I do have a masters in film production lol, but her pics are way too Photoshopped. The people hardly look human to me. They look ridiculous.

Good god, lol. I wore barrettes nonstop as a kid and they were just fine. It's like the back half goes through your scalp, it's just a hair clip.

Obviously, we have different hair and different heads. Scrunching sad amounts of wispy baby hair into stupid clips to satisfy what mommy thinks is cute is not necessarily best for a kid. Superficial does seem to win though, doesn't it? 

Not all kids are the same and I am glad barrettes did not hurt you. But the OP clearly said she was stuffing clips in her imaginary kid's head the second she has enough hair for it. My mom did that to me and it hurt. It's actually a quite a little trigger for me, and something I still resent, so just fuck off, mkay? 

I was looking at Taryn's instagram& I think she has a ton of headbands so those may not be Kaci's.  I wore bows and barettes as a child.  I was extremely tender headed so my mom did whatever she could manage. The only time I really don't care for them is when they are bigger than the babies head. How did Bradley get so photogenic? He gets cuter by the day.

@Boogalou People keep talking about some Taryn and the Batesesssses. It is making me sad :(

21 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

My number 1 reason is something you mentioned - the "glow" - it really takes down any image quality. Her composition isn't great, and just the overall quality of her work leaves a lot to be desired.

The average family would have no issue with placing her pics on the mantle but when I look at her work, I can't help myself from spotting things I don't like.

Urg. I am pretty average and that picture bugs the hell out of me. It looks more like a pic of Whitney's fake eyelashes/small eye spiders than it does a baby picture. So no, don't  feel defensive about picking that mess apart.

The baby does not even look real.

The truth is that all of them, including Zach, are cute enough to don't need so much photoshop. I understand using a filter to improve the colour of the picture, but they would be nicer in a more natural picture.

6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am pretty average and that picture bugs the hell out of me. It looks more like a pic of Whitney's fake eyelashes/small eye spiders than it does a baby picture. So no, don't  feel defensive about picking that mess apart.

I'm pretty average too and would be a bit horrified to hang that on the wall. The baby doesn't look real and the focus seems to be her eyelashes. Those are some creepy photos. 

My mother attempted to stick little barrettes in my hair, but I figured out how to grab them and pull them out when I was pretty young. I also chewed on them. So my mom just gave up. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I knew I wasn't the only one who thought the eyelashes stuck out! 

Bradley is cute enough not to need added glow - and count me in as among those who don't like these pictures.

I dislike the swaddled, cocooned, dead baby look and the poses are unrealistic and downright strange.  Whitney, who is very pretty, really doesn't need all that make-up and the false eyelashes are annoying.  The photos also make it look as though she has man-hands!

@nelliebelle1197 I really pined for bows and hair accessories as a child.  My mother cut our hair herself (our bangs were always crooked) and kept my hair really, really,  short.  She was a very practical woman, and to her short hair was liberating because she had hated her own long hair as a child.

She finally let me grow my hair out a bit when I was 6ish and able to whine loudly enough.  There is a pathetic picture of me with a piece of gold tone string (not even a ribbon or a bow) off a birthday present tied in my hair.  It was the first frilly thing I managed to snag for myself and I wore it determinedly every. single. day. until she finally broke down and bought me some ribbons. :pb_lol:

I have to sai at the start i like Taryn's photo but after everything i Lear here from you about photography, i change mi mind. I still like the forse like mathernity shooting but non this with kaicy

On 7/1/2016 at 2:48 AM, elliha said:

At first I didn't understand how these pictures were even possible without sedating the kid first but then other people pointed out that newborns sleep so heavily that you can do this and then I remembered that I gave birth 2,5 weeks late and basically never had a real newborn but an active staring baby already at the hospital who thought the world was too exciting to waste her days sleeping. They would probably have gotten a lot of grumpy pictures of a staring baby who would only look sweet while breastfeeding.

You can often buy cute little winter suits with ears...

The photographer keeps the photo studio very warm for newborn photo shoots and requests that they parents work to keep the baby awake before the shoot so they will be sleeping during (or at least that's the way they did it for my niece.) 

And count me in as one of the people who hates newborn photos. I think they're creepy. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived