IGNORED

Kaci Lynn is here - Whitney and Zach's 2nd baby

Mrs. Figg

14 hours ago, GreenTea said:

Glad mom and baby are healthy. They look like a happy family... 

However I don't like the make-up picture in the hospital as a baby announcement. It rings fake. Women look good with their natural face. Especially after giving birth you should be proud of yourself. Why women always cover up with tons of make-up and hot curled, dyed blonde hair is baffling. Now that little girl will see her mom with tons of make-up and copy that as "beauty" when her natural look is good. Men don't hide their faces in make-up. Sigh. I'll get off my make-up soapbox now.  

I hope her make-up was cruelty-free at least. A light in the darkness.    

I don't blame her for wearing makeup when she knew that a photo of her right after giving birth was about to be seen by thousands of people!

Her make-up might have been cruelty-free, but if so I really doubt that's because she specifically wanted that. It's pretty rare for fundies to care about animal rights.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't blame Whitney for wearing makeup. This was a picture broadcast to the entire world (not that the entire world cares, but they have the option to see it). If she hadn't worn makeup, she'd have been criticized for it too. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Also, it's her face and she has the right to do what she wants with it. 

/leghumping

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Is this why the Duggars made the courtship announcement? Because Whitney was due this week?

It's a nice family photo they took. I'm not crazy about Whitney and her seemingly dropping the family that adopted her like hot potatoes, but I don't know the full story. I don't know why I thought she'd be spared the giant headbands though. I was wrong. 

Whaaaat? I didn't know this!

43 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I don't blame Whitney for wearing makeup. This was a picture broadcast to the entire world (not that the entire world cares, but they have the option to see it). If she hadn't worn makeup, she'd have been criticized for it too. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Also, it's her face and she has the right to do what she wants with it. 

/leghumping

Girls can do whatever they darn well please after having a baby. I've had 5 babies and I immediately showered, put on mascara, and changed my clothes. It made me feel more human. This idea that women must be disheveled after delivering a baby is a silly notion. 

I normally don't think much of the big bows and hair accessories that I often see in the babies on FJ but in this case I find I'm actually liking the look. I guess it's because it's not massive or a shade of pink. IMO it actually looks quite cute with the matching pants and makes her look a little older than one day!

1 hour ago, jacduggar said:

Girls can do whatever they darn well please after having a baby. I've had 5 babies and I immediately showered, put on mascara, and changed my clothes. It made me feel more human. This idea that women must be disheveled after delivering a baby is a silly notion. 

I've never had children, so I definitely don't feel like I can judge. I don't know what I'll be doing in the minutes after I give birth, but caring what strangers on the internet think about my appearance will probably not be on my list. I can see myself putting on makeup before pictures though. 

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I've never had children, so I definitely don't feel like I can judge. I don't know what I'll be doing in the minutes after I give birth, but caring what strangers on the internet think about my appearance will probably not be on my list. I can see myself putting on makeup before pictures though. 

Yeah I didn't care about anyone but this was before the Internet and social media, back in the old days. I am not a makeup person myself but labor was pretty tough for me, and a little extra "pretty" made me feel better. Probably the hormones. 

A few new pics of Kaci Lynn are up. Chad and Erin met her, Whitney put up a photo of her lying down. This news was definitely overshadowed by Jinger's announcement. I almost forgot Whitney had given birth.

I love her outfit! Very cute! She looks just like Bradley... so now I'm getting super excited to see her grow because Bradley is probably the cutest baby I've ever seen.

15 hours ago, artdecades said:

I am sure she will be a cutie a like Bradley. I don't like the name Kaci Lynn, but whatever.

One FJ thing I never really understood was the hate for headbands on babies. I couldn't care less. However, that outfit with the matching pants/headband and glittery shirt is particularly horrendous.

The problem with headbands is that newborn heads are soooo tender and soooo sensitive, that headbands can be itchy or disturb the baby.

I don't like the outfit but you couldn't find an outfit that matches her name more than that: Kaci Lynn is a hillbilly name is that headband & glitter is a perfect combination!

@elliha your kid looks so cute! Love that big grin!

For me, it's a practical reason as to why I dislike headbands. They look daft on a bald baby. Isn't the whole point of them to hold back hair? Fundies already dress their girls in pink and dresses and so on- we know they're a girl. 

About photos: my granddad has a lot of photo albums spanning from my mum's childhood through to more recent family events. In the first photo of me, you can't actually see me- I'm just this bundle of blanket in my dad's arms, and my aunt (mum's sister) is there too. In the photos from when my brother was born, I've got a cast on my wrist and carpet burn above my lip- I broke my wrist a week before my brother was born, I fell down the stairs. 

57 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

The problem with headbands is that newborn heads are soooo tender and soooo sensitive, that headbands can be itchy or disturb the baby.

Agreed. And it's not like at that age they have any way of communicating that they hate the headband and want it off. When they're a little older, sure, they can claw it off or at least signal that they want it off (and if they do that, I damn well hope any parent will take it off and leave it off!). But on a newborn, you'll just never know if they are in discomfort - so why risk it? Oh wait, I know. Gotta reinforce those JINDER ROLES early!

I like that Kaci gets pants. Now Erin still has to have Brooklyn. I wonder if we will get any pregnancy announcements in the following month or so, from either Alyssa (I know she's taking a media break) or Michael.

On 6/22/2016 at 3:07 PM, GreenTea said:

However I don't like the make-up picture in the hospital as a baby announcement. It rings fake. Women look good with their natural face. Especially after giving birth you should be proud of yourself. Why women always cover up with tons of make-up and hot curled, dyed blonde hair is baffling. Now that little girl will see her mom with tons of make-up and copy that as "beauty" when her natural look is good. Men don't hide their faces in make-up. Sigh. I'll get off my make-up soapbox now.  

I'd understand your point if it was just a picture taken for a personal family collection and not going to be plastered all over the internet.

But if I knew a picture of me would be put all over the internet to be seen by hundreds of thousands of people, I too would be making sure my hair and makeup were done and looked nice. It's not about being ashamed of my natural face, but rather that I'd simply want to look as nice as possible in a public picture that will be widely circulated. 

Men don't 'hide their faces in make-up' because of different social expectations for men and women. Whether that is right or not is another discussion for another day, but I can't criticise Whitney for doing her hair and makeup for a picture that will see a large audience. I'm selective of the pics I put on Instagram and I have a grand total of 288 followers. 

Plus not all people who wear make-up are doing so to 'hide their faces'. Many people wear makeup because they genuinely enjoy makeup as a hobby. The online makeup community is massive.....and wonderful it its diversity and kindness. I've seen so many posts on MUA on Reddit where over a hundred people have commented with personalised tips to help Trans women who are new to makeup. 

• OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

If Kaci Lynn is half as cute as her brother is (and from his infant pics, looks like she will look like him) watch out.  

Am I the only one here who thinks that 'hello world' onesie is adorable?

15 hours ago, jacduggar said:

I'm childless but I've been really sick a lot, including a few surgeries. That first shower and change of clothes is the best feeling ever. It's for me. I don't want to look all disheveled even just laying around. Plus who wants all that hospital grim on you.

This is exactly how I felt after my last two surgeries. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to leave the bed on my own or take a shower. I can't stand greasy hair at all and I felt so dirty and ugly and uncomfortable in my own skin. I was so thankful that my little sister, who is training to become a nurse, came to the hospital and washed my hair and helped put some make-up on. I felt so much better.

4 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Plus not all people who wear make-up are doing so to 'hide their faces'. Many people wear makeup because they genuinely enjoy makeup as a hobby. The online makeup community is massive.....and wonderful it its diversity and kindness. I've seen so many posts on MUA on Reddit where over a hundred people have commented with personalised tips to help Trans women who are new to makeup. 

I don't understand Reddit at all, but maybe you could link me one of those threads?  It sounds amazing :)

5 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Plus not all people who wear make-up are doing so to 'hide their faces'. Many people wear makeup because they genuinely enjoy makeup as a hobby. The online makeup community is massive.....and wonderful it its diversity and kindness. I've seen so many posts on MUA on Reddit where over a hundred people have commented with personalised tips to help Trans women who are new to makeup

I can not love this more than I already do. I see so much hate and ugliness directed towards the Transgender community - of which my brother is a member - that it becomes very easy to forget there are so many loving and kind people out there who are happy to help people with their transition. Thank you for mentioning this - it made my day!

(Also, can I just say I am so freaking jealous of Laverne Cox? She is fucking flawless no matter what she wears or where she goes! AND she's well spoken, talented, and an extremely loving person. Not fair! Lol!)

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I don't like the outfit but you couldn't find an outfit that matches her name more than that: Kaci Lynn is a hillbilly name is that headband & glitter is a perfect combination!

Too funny.

Cute baby, ridiculous head tie bandana type thing. 

On 6/22/2016 at 1:07 AM, GreenTea said:

Women do look good with their natural, and they look FANTASTIC with a face full makeup that brings out and highlights their natural face! Makeup forever!

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I can not love this more than I already do. I see so much hate and ugliness directed towards the Transgender community - of which my brother is a member - that it becomes very easy to forget there are so many loving and kind people out there who are happy to help people with their transition. Thank you for mentioning this - it made my day!

(Also, can I just say I am so freaking jealous of Laverne Cox? She is fucking flawless no matter what she wears or where she goes! AND she's well spoken, talented, and an extremely loving person. Not fair! Lol!)

You must not be caught up on the new season of OINTB...

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

New season of OITNB aside, Sophia Burset is the ONLY Sophia I can get behind. My real name is Sophie and I am very adamant about NO SOPHIAS. Mostly joking, but mostly not.

If I knew I was going to have my picture and maybe even video taken and put on the internet I'd say "Do me up like Kate Middleton!" in a heartbeat and I don't even wear make up. But like another poster said, it's also a special time for special pics. Like a wedding. And I did wear make up to that. 

I also think the "hello world" shirt is adorable. i think it also has some background in programming? but i can't remember. maybe the first line of code is your "hello world" code or something? can anyone help me with this?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived