IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting On - Part 4

choralcrusader8613

I may have hit the wall with the Duggars.  All the signs are there.  I have been not as interested in this forum as in the past.  I'm not really caring when/where Josh is seen.  And I can't for the life of me make myself watch the last two episodes.  I'm grateful for the recaps so I guess my apathy isn't total.  But I can't take one more boring contrived scene, one more bug eyed shot of Sierra or Jessa, one more awkward talking head where they ask about courtship and the promo is contrived to make it look like there is an actual real answer coming but there isn't. I can't bring myself to care about Jinger selling a car or Joy Anna making cookies for yet another baby shower.  

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, paulypepper said:

OMG YESSSS! I can still smell them to this day!!! :my_biggrin::bigheart: That is why I never had a problem taking a test..didn't care if I had the right answers, my face was always buried in the papers.

:omg:Yes!!  How I remember that distinct smell!  

For your viewing pleasure, from Fast Times at Ridgemont High:

1 hour ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I think next week's ratings could be good for them, too, because it's about Bin's rapping. And, well, enough said. That's a shitshow I'm going to watch.

I'm so torn on this. I really can't handle witnessing major public embarrassment no matter how much I might dislike the fool in question, and people with no musical ability earnestly trying to perform tops my list of things that make me cringe (it's why I never could watch the American Idol auditions). But...Ben. Rapping. Rapping Ben.

5 hours ago, Mothership said:

Firs@Jinder Rolest let me say that I love your screen name.

Why thank you @Mothership It was between this and "PastorBinsHelmetHair"

I don't think the Duggars have ever thought about race in a critical way before (they've never had to) so they do the typical ignorant white person routine when faced with POCs who aren't good conservative Christians.

On 4/6/2016 at 2:05 AM, nst said:

who has to practice making cookies ? 

this is insane

I'd get it if it were a test batch for a new recipe/something super fancy that required precision (especially stuff like those decorated cookies Sierra's friend does), but if it's just plain ol' cookies, just follow the fucking directions.

3 hours ago, lascuba said:

I'm so torn on this. I really can't handle witnessing major public embarrassment no matter how much I might dislike the fool in question, and people with no musical ability earnestly trying to perform tops my list of things that make me cringe (it's why I never could watch the American Idol auditions). But...Ben. Rapping. Rapping Ben.

Holy Sweet Mother of Calamity Jane! Beninem? Oh my god! The Cognitive Dissonance of that! Will he wear a slouchy knit hat and stubble? Show his shorts at the top of his torn jeans. The mind reels.

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

Why thank you @Mothership It was between this and "PastorBinsHelmetHair"

I don't think the Duggars have ever thought about race in a critical way before (they've never had to) so they do the typical ignorant white person routine when faced with POCs who aren't good conservative Christians.

A good number of POC are theologically conservative Christians, but would be considered "the wrong kind of Christians" by Duggar standards. With a few exceptions like Alan Keyes, most Christian POC aren't interested in culture war talking points or "taking back America" because they know they're the ones the Duggars et al want to take the country back from. 

3 hours ago, lascuba said:

Maybe Ben will be slightly less grumpy in this episode since he'll be the centre of attention. I get the sense that he's not pleased that Jessa doesn't dote on him in the way Michelle does Jim Bib, hanging on his every word 

19 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

A good number of POC are theologically conservative Christians, but would be considered "the wrong kind of Christians" by Duggar standards. With a few exceptions like Alan Keyes, most Christian POC aren't interested in culture war talking points or "taking back America" because they know they're the ones the Duggars et al want to take the country back from. 

I love your posts! I always learn so much from you. This one isn't necessarily new information, but the first available to tell you. :) Thank you for everything you share, a for putting so much thought into what you post. 

38 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think there's an implicit racism going on with quiverfullers, but the POC they're most concerned about aren't black Baptists but brown Muslims and Catholics.

2 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

I don't think the Duggars have ever thought about ANYTHING in a critical way before.  All their beliefs, values, and lifestyle habits were just given to them from some "teacher"/"leader" or another.  

I've yet to see a unique Duggar thought from anyone. 

15 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

maybe we have it all wrong, maybe its bin *wrapping*!

19-kids-827-09.jpg

And he was terrible at that, too. Rapping Ben will be as horrible as Ben's wrapping.

23 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

I actually quite liked this episode. I think because the focus was on Joy and she is my favourite Duggar, when she said her cookies would look like trash I think she displayed more personality than all of Jill's THs ever.

Speaking of Jill, it kind of threw me that when DQ hugged her she wasn't letting go. Proof that DQ has a tiny maternal bone in her body.

The episodes are weird to be because they are like the biggest personal ad ever. Showing what the older girls can do, it should be called 'Date My Duggar'.

I'm looking forward to next weeks episode for 2 reasons...1) we get to see Bin making a tit out himself rapping and 2) I'm on holiday in New York, finally on the right side of the Atlantic to watch this the same time you guys do. I think the TV in my hotel room has all the cable channels, what time is it on in the US? I'll make sure I have the wine ready!

9pm in NY :D

5 minutes ago, xlurker said:

9pm in NY :D

Can't wait. Hopefully my jet lag wont be so bad that I'm passed out before 9pm, my brain may think it's 2am not 9pm! (I get jet lagged so bad, I almost get jet lagged when the clocks change!)

3 minutes ago, xlurker said:

I DO get jet lagged when the clocks change!

On Sunday it will be 2 weeks since the clocks went forward and I'm still thinking 'oh it's half 10, no wait it's actually half 11'. Sunday is also the day I fly out to NY, my brain is going to be very very confused!

I just wanted to share a page that has some pretty funny recaps for various reality shows. The Counting on recaps haven't been as funny as others, but I guess it's hard to come up with funny stuff when the show is soooo boring. She did came up with the perfect name for Sierra's spin off show: The Perpetually Pregnant Party Planner. Don't miss the picture captions.

www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2016/04/07/jill-jessa-counting-on-season-1-episode-4-recap-baking-building-the-bug-eyed-baby-shower-planner

Does Ben seem terribly bored to anyone else? Like he wishes he was anywhere else or with anyone else

I did a little listening, just to see who this Flame person is. I laugh. I laugh so much (not at Flame, he is actually a legit rapper) at the thought of Bin and Jessa rocking out to his albums with their sideways hats.

Let me just remind everyone how "musically ignorant" the Duggars are:

http://youtu.be/NLoySsS0phU

Now imagine Jessa trying to embrace/appreciate this. Here is a Flame music video:

http://youtu.be/ZaZQYucYXtk

I don't know about Ben's upbringing and the Seewald's stance on music, but--and this is a completely serious question--would he even know how to recognize a beat? Because considering the amount of people out there who clap on the 1 and 3 instead of the 2 and 4, there's no way for someone who grew up with barely any exposure to modern music to be able to even bob their head to rap, much less perform it. God, this is going to be Bristol Palin on DWTS bad.

57 minutes ago, JuanitaBanana said:

I just wanted to share a page that has some pretty funny recaps for various reality shows. The Counting on recaps haven't been as funny as others, but I guess it's hard to come up with funny stuff when the show is soooo boring. She did came up with the perfect name for Sierra's spin off show: The Perpetually Pregnant Party Planner. Don't miss the picture captions.

www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2016/04/07/jill-jessa-counting-on-season-1-episode-4-recap-baking-building-the-bug-eyed-baby-shower-planner

best line from the recap: 

"When asked to describe their sister Joy Anna, nearly every Duggar says that Joy is “joyful.”

Wouldn’t it have been awesome if they named her Joy and she turned out to just be totally rotten? Or if she was extremely self-centered and vain? (Well…then they could have named her Jessa….)":Bazinga:

1 hour ago, JuanitaBanana said:

Thanks!  Mothership beat me to the best quote ever!

25 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Thanks!  Mothership beat me to the best quote ever!

You're welcome :)

This was my favorite:

" I have no idea what’s going on. This is wonderful,” Kristen says.

Why do I feel like that’s exactly what Ben said on his wedding night?

Forgive me FJ for I have sinned. I watched the episodes on my DVR. I needed something family friendly on as background while I packed and ate dinner with my 3 yr old. That and he loved the construction scenes with the diggers. I will humbly submit to the prayer closet. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived