IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting On - Part 4

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, NeverAFundie said:

I sure hope "Making a Meat Lover's Cupcake" or something similar becomes a post count title..

I hope JD courts someday and calls his sweetie his "meat lovin' lil' cupcake"

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HereticHick said:

I hope JD courts someday and calls his sweetie his "meat lovin' lil' cupcake"

She can have that airbrushed on the ass of her panties.

15 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Is a mimeograph the same thing as a ditto machine?

I'm in my mid twenties and my elementary school still had a ditto machine.  . . .

A. "ditto machine" is another name for "spirit duplicator."

It is similar to the mimeograph in that you began by typing the text on a special stencil (for mimeograph) or master (for the ditto), attached the master/stencil to a cylinder in the machine that made the copies. 

The mimeograph used ink and a stencil (the letters on the stencil were gouged/pressed out by the typewriter keys).

The spirit duplicator used "masters" and a sort of alcohol.  When you typed on the master, a sort of colored wax got pressed onto the white paper. The alcohol dissolved just enough of the colored wax to make ink.  The more ditto copies you made, the more faded the ink became.

The mimeograph was more expensive to buy and a little messier to operate but you could make many more copies and better quality than the ditto machine did.  

A lot of people called the dittos "mimeographed" but the processes and results were different.

Most schools used ditto machines for classroom materials.  You could get ditto masters in different colors, but not black. The most popular was blue, but you could get red and green also.

My school (about 400 students) used a mimeograph for big things in the school office (the school rules, and the school newspaper for example) but had ditto machines in the teacher's lounge and the "resource room."

I used to work in the school office, so I knew how to run both machines.  

This was probably more than anyone wanted to know, but the question took me back forty years.  

I know this is totally off topic.  I'm still kind of new to freejinger, but I thought I'd show my appreciation by putting up an avatar image similar to some of what the long-timers have up.  So I found this goofy picture and put it up.  But I never realized the downside of doing this is that I have to look at Jessa's "O" face every time I try to write a post...

On 4/6/2016 at 1:26 PM, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

She is renting out a room and throwing her own baby shower?  In my family- if a relative throws the shower then the invites are family only.  If a friend throws the shower- they invite whomever they want but usually ask for a list of people as well.  

I would seriously hate to have to sit there while someone opens gifts from 175 people- it might only be 50 gifts, but that is still about 40 more than I want to sit through....

My thoughts exactly. Granted I was extremely thankful for every gift I got at my baby shower (years ago), there was maybe 30 people in attendance and that felt like a lot of gifts to open.

53 minutes ago, anotherone said:

I know this is totally off topic.  I'm still kind of new to freejinger, but I thought I'd show my appreciation by putting up an avatar image similar to some of what the long-timers have up.  So I found this goofy picture and put it up.  But I never realized the downside of doing this is that I have to look at Jessa's "O" face every time I try to write a post...

That's assuming she has an "o" face. Ben could be as lackluster in bed as he is in personality.

51 minutes ago, CharityBear said:

That's assuming she has an "o" face. Ben could be as lackluster in bed as he is in personality.

Maybe it's her THANK GOD THAT"S OVER face. 

On April 8, 2016 at 10:11 AM, lascuba said:

Oh, please. Some people might have a knack for it even without the exposure, but those are the exceptions. Did I strike a nerve or something? What's with the defensiveness on Ben's behalf?

Not rap, but here's a good example of being off rhythm and how Harry Connick, Jr. manages to correct the audience (notice how the drummer pumps his fists when it happens). If a whole damn audience presumably not filled with anti-music fundies can't find a beat, how is it presumptuous to assume that Ben won't be able to without someone leading him every step of the way?

My 2 cents here, is you and @withaj are both right. Generally humans have an innate sense of rhythmic pulse, the heart beat being the most basic example. And worldwide, drums or percussive instruments are the most common expression of music across cultures. So most people can recognize or feel a beat.

As for the ability to express beats, many people struggle with maintaining a consistent pulse. Usually the amount of time that passes in between each beat will vary, or the pace gradually rushes or drags. Other issues, like with clapping on 1 and 3, instead of 2 and 4, is because the strongest beat in a measure or phrase is the downbeat (1) and many have the urge to clap on it and get stuck there.

Music of the Western world, with the exception of a few experimental genres, has rhythmic pulse to it, whether it's hymns or rap. So Ben being able to keep a basic beat is probably likely, but he might really suck at keeping up with the rhythmic complexities that rap employs. I don't know what kind of music Ben grew up with, but I'm a music teacher and if he were my student, that is what my prediction would be.

By the way, I would bet that the whole Flame scene is less than two minutes out of the episode and they are just using the clip to hype things up. TLC always does that.

P.s. Harry Connick jr is brilliant!

There's a "sneak preview" tonight for the show. 5 bucks says it's just the stuff we saw at the end of this week's episode.

22 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I originally liked the Duggars back in the day when half the 1st generation of spawn hadn't even been born yet - because I thought they were "wholesome."   HAHAHAHAHA my, how times have changed.

FTR, I also liked Kate Gosselin in the first season, when it was more about coping with day to day life with a large family.... then things got.... odd. And I tuned out.

FTR v 2.0, I also liked Pioneer Woman (completely different genre) when she had a simple blog.... then things got... odd.  And I tuned out.

(And all of these folks sold out, in one way or five.)

That is all.

Same on everything but the Pioneer Woman, Never herd of her until she was on tv then oy vey

The TLC lady who does the teasers just said, "Will Ben and baby Spurgeon be the next big hip hop stars? You heard that right!" I just... there are no words. Well, Spurgeon's stage name can be Spurge the Surge.

29 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Same on everything but the Pioneer Woman, Never herd of her until she was on tv then oy vey

Yeah, I haven't even seen the TV show, but her following is a little intense and the whole thing is just too cutesy for me. I'll be damned if she doesn't have the best salsa recipe, though. A coworker shared it and it's the only salsa I'll make or eat at home now.

"The Philippians coming out!" "Spitting the bars!" "Spurgeonater!" Ok, so we don't get to see Ben rap during the sneak peak, but the Christian rappers are pretty talented, especially the singer V. Rose. It was worth watching just to see what they said to Ben and Jessa (as shown above). One more thing I noticed just from the short clip. Rapping is obviously Ben's passion. I don't think Jessa knew how to relate at all. She just sat and held Spurgeon, for the most part. Again, though, it was only a five minute clip.

Continuing on...

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived