IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting On - Part 4

choralcrusader8613

7 hours ago, Blueruin said:

Asking who will be the next to court is just getting annoying. Why are they now including the production prompts? Previously the actual questions the TH were responding to were seldom heard. 

Very annoying. Especially since they hem and haw and refuse to answer the question directly. They act like they are being asked to reveal state secrets. 

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Doughmestichousewife - http://thedoughmestichousewife.blogspot.com/

Her blog has been around since 2012 and she has 285 followers as of right now.  I'm not sure what she meant by "trade secrets,"  because her recipes and instructions are on her blog. When you click on the "prices" tab, you get this...

prices.jpg

So, either she's upping her prices or never really sold them... or something in between.

Its a real rockin blog.  I wonder how they REALLY got hooked up with her because the only comments are from 2012

aboutme.jpg

Holly is way more active on her Instagram than her blog https://www.instagram.com/doughmestichousewife/.

I don't think she sells cookies online. Her instagram shows working on cookies all the time so she is getting orders from somewhere.  I guess her business is more word of mouth. Maybe you actually have to know her to get custom cookies made.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The coed baby shower "phenomenon" is hilarious to me, because growing up, all of my community's baby showers were coed. Immigrants who had never heard of baby showers before coming here, so everyone just assumed that showers were supposed to be like any other party, with music, food, drinks, and gifts. Now that my generation is grown, many of us lean towards mostly women-only showers, because no one wants to plan a big party when a nice brunch/lunch with a smaller crowd will do the trick.

Sierra is simply unwatchable.  In the beginning I couldn't watch Famy Duggar, but somehow got used to her.  At least TLC is trying to inject someone with an once of personality into the show.  I'll never know how they thought that J'Chelle's dull as dishwater daughters would be bale to carry a show.

8 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Decorating cookies is hard? When my younger cousins were 4 they could make legible designs on cookies. These are supposed adults?

I am an adult, an experienced baker whose cookies and cakes are in demand at potlucks and sell fast at fundraisers. And I consider attractive cookie decorating (the sort people want for a party) difficult and time-consuming unless you just use sprinkles or sugar. 

I have baked with artistically gifted 4 year olds, and what they can do to decorate a cookie is not quite as polished as what I saw in the pictures of the baby shower.   So although I agree that even a four-year-old can make some "legible" designs on cookies, I think Joy may have been talking about something a bit more attractive.  

Let's rush to snark about everything they do and say.  There is plenty that really deserves snarking about, but saying that doing a good job on decorating cookies is hard is not snarkable, IMHO.   Heck, if it were easy, I might have opened a cookie business years ago. ;)

I'm a good baker--or I know how to follow a recipe, at least--but I am not the one to go to if you want something pretty. Decorating is hard. How many of us who don't do it often can even draw a picture good enough for public viewing?

49 minutes ago, Furbabies said:

I wonder if the pained looks the young adults get when asked about courtship spring from embarrassment/humiliation, because no one is interested in "becoming the next Duggar-borg."

And really, this could be so true. What young man would want to "court" in front of the world and end up with Godbobbers and J'Chelle as the inlaws. I wouldn't  think this  would be a desirable situation. 

I love to go to baby and  wedding showers and  chat  and  see the gifts. That was one expensive baby shower.

And 24 weeks? Never heard of that. In my experience, usually in the last month. Life is uncertain. 

I had free video credit on Amazon so I used it to get this episode. I'm 7 mins and 40 seconds into it and I've already paused it twice because it's so boring.

Also, if these people are so close, why do they act so awkward around each other? Joy and Sierra in the car, Jana, Anna, and Jessa in the coffee shop, etc. They act more like people who are just meeting or have only recently become acquainted.

Ok- finally was able to scan all the back and forth on here

@nst :omg::Yes: 5000 posts- holy crap you are now birthin' a baby on the toilet!

JD and his house. I am firmly in the camp that he intentionally saying he has a house not that he is living there so the leg humpers don't jump all over their business about umbrella of protection and of course use FJers would jump all over it for joy and their hypocrisy for saying one thing and doing another, etc. I bet he says he lives there because all his mail is there, etc. But I bet he sleeps (at least part of the time) at his house. Until someone gets proof of a renter of said house, I bet he splits his time for appearance sake.

The tree house...aren't all the kids getting a little old for a tree house? Miracle child is like 6 now and treehouses are boy toys, right? Girls aren't supposed to want to climb up a ladder (may show undies or knees without leggings) and play in a tree! <epic eye roll> Seriously, shouldn't this tree house been made about 10 years ago? I am glad to see they didn't have tree house masters come build it.

the party- awkward because no men? Are you kidding me? Some parties are a lot more fun without the men. I bet what they meant by awkward was "big brother" to make sure none of the women spoke ill of their husbands. Gotta keep the headships held high on a pedestal.

As for the rest of you that watched that show- hats off. @Buzzard another great job of recaps. I love the kreative spelling

How many feel that the commercials are more interesting? 

Except for that show 2 in a Million.    That is really exploitation of people with issues.   

Whats up with the beginning segment with Jessa and Jinger going to the "glass chapel" to scout a location for a photoshoot... that doesnt happen on the show.  They just HAD to throw in that Jinger has a skill but didnt want to follow up on it?  It was kind of strange that they had time to look for glasses at the TTH but not show what jinger was really up to.  Or maybe said photoshoot didnt actually exist. 

11 hours ago, Mothership said:

Anna seems more real in the non TH moments.  When she's having a normal conversation (not answering questions about Joshley and not having coffee with Blessa), she doesn't do that strange mouth twisting thing and looks less pained.  She was sweet and engaging on the stupid glasses hunt and her comment about eating the cookies at the shower was actually rather funny.  Every so often, there's a glimpse that she may have a clue that they're counting on a train wreck.

I got a kick out of this because she was like "NO ONE was eating the cookies. So I ate some. So they wouldn't feel bad. Because NO ONE was eating them"  Good one Anna, hope they don't watch this episode!

Also if I were Jill I would be a little sad that Joy had so clearly replaced me with Sierra, even though it was her choice to go to leave.

As a person who is terrible at arts and crafts, but has a definite sweet tooth, I took at look at Doughmestic Housewife's instagram, and those cookies sure do look tasty. Also, last summer, I made Mr. Museum come to my bridal shower. It was a very small affair, and I wanted to have him there because my soon-to-be mother-in-law wasn't going to know anybody there. Plus, she hardly gets to see him as it is, so I thought it would be a nice surprise. Dear Sierra, a party is only awkward if you make it awkward. Look at JBoob and J'chelle, they can take an innocent mini-golf outing and turn it into a PDA humping session. :output_eeMbjt:

Just now, MoonFace said:

How many feel that the commercials are more interesting? 

Except for that show 2 in a Million.    That is really exploitation of people with issues.   

I think pretty much any thing is more exciting than this. This will be my last episode. I'd seriously rather watch my dog drop a deuce.

I cannot believe with all those people they cannot find something at least remotely interesting to show. Hell, Josh handed them interesting on a platter and we're watching kids search for glasses? If you want to be a teevee star, that means showing what people are interested in. 

Also what is this new thing they are doing showing the girls just fake laughing to answer questions. Please stop. It's awful.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Whats up with the beginning segment with Jessa and Jinger going to the "glass chapel" to scout a location for a photoshoot... that doesnt happen on the show.  They just HAD to throw in that Jinger has a skill but didnt want to follow up on it?  It was kind of strange that they had time to look for glasses at the TTH but not show what jinger was really up to.  Or maybe said photoshoot didnt actually exist. 

Yes, I agree. Considering Sierra Dominguez should be Sierra Duggar by now, you think a photo shoot scene with her family would have been an ideal scene. Plus, it truly shows Jinger's passion, which isn't flipping cars. But, nope! We were subjected to the "Great Glasses Scavenger Hunt of 2016."

Just now, Buzzard said:

Sierra hasnt posted the pictures on instagram either, which makes me think that it didnt happen.

Hmmmm tricksy tricksy.

Good grief.   Binwit is not the only one who doesn't know how to wear a baseball cap. 

A good idea for an episode would be "How to wear a baseball cap"   And to take the freakin hat off when in a building!

I honestly felt like that photo shoot scene was just an add-on to show haters, "Look, Jinger DOES follow her passion. She is allowed to have a mind of her own!"

1 minute ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I honestly felt like that photo shoot scene was just an add-on to show haters, "Look, Jinger DOES follow her passion. She is allowed to have a mind of her own!"

A mind of her own, perhaps, but she wasnt allowed to "scout" a CHURCH by herself!

But, but but @Buzzard, then it wouldn't show all the precious fellowship sister time they never get to have anymore. Righhhhht.:content:

1 minute ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

But, but but @Buzzard, then it wouldn't show all the precious fellowship sister time they never get to have anymore. Righhhhht.:content:

The didnt mention where the spurge was so it wasnt a plot point... I bet Jana or Joy had him out in the parking lot.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

A mind of her own, perhaps, but she wasnt allowed to "scout" a CHURCH by herself!

True! Though, thinking about it, considering some of the beliefs and actions of the good Christian churchgoers that the Duggars know, I probably wouldn't want to go into one by myself, either. 

I think JD tries hard to be the "good son" to compensate for Josh's misdeeds, and consequently I don't see him becoming less fundie. He's not like Jill, who I believe really thinks Gothardism is the objectively best way to live, but seems like the type who won't go against his parents' wishes. I don't see him having secret friends or a secret life, and is probably just fine living at home since he has his sisters to cook and clean for him. I suspect the plane and the flying lessons were a sort of reward for being a "good son" (didn't one of the books say JD wanted to be a pilot but was talked out of it by JB because it wasn't a Gothard approved job?). Although JD isn't the type most FJers would want as a partner, he seems like he could be better than many of the fundie husbands discussed here, which is admittedly a very low bar. 

1 minute ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think JD tries hard to be the "good son" to compensate for Josh's misdeeds, and consequently I don't see him becoming less fundie. He's not like Jill, who I believe really thinks Gothardism is the objectively best way to live, but seems like the type who won't go against his parents' wishes. I don't see him having secret friends or a secret life, and is probably just fine living at home since he has his sisters to cook and clean for him. I suspect the plane and the flying lessons were a sort of reward for being a "good son" (didn't one of the books say JD wanted to be a pilot but was talked out of it by JB because it wasn't a Gothard approved job?). Although JD isn't the type most FJers would want as a partner, he seems like he could be better than many of the fundie husbands discussed here, which is admittedly a very low bar. 

As I read your post, "Born to Be a Bachelor" by Gaelic Storm is playing in my head.

Everything is really fishy about this season. I don't know if TLC is scraping by on ideas because they know leghumpers will watch, or if they just don't care and want the show to crash and burn. I suspect TLC is genuinely trying to make the new show interesting and get rid of the idea that the girls are stuck in a sexist cult. 19KaC brought in a lot of money and attention, from talk shows to magazine spreads. No way are they trying to get rid of it now, especially since people are tuning in after the scandals. 

I think TLC exploits whoever they can in order to get people to watch their shows and if they can film drama within a household, they will go for it instead of putting a lid on it.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived