IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting On - Part 4

choralcrusader8613

21 minutes ago, JMO said:

Forgive me FJ for I have sinned. I watched the episodes on my DVR. I needed something family friendly on as background while I packed and ate dinner with my 3 yr old. That and he loved the construction scenes with the diggers. I will humbly submit to the prayer closet. 

The only thing you should be condemned for is calling it "family friendly." For shame. 

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, JMO said:

Forgive me FJ for I have sinned. I watched the episodes on my DVR. I needed something family friendly on as background while I packed and ate dinner with my 3 yr old. That and he loved the construction scenes with the diggers. I will humbly submit to the prayer closet. 

Not a mod, but as a humble member, there's nothing to forgive. No prayer closet for you.

:kitty-wink:

Can't get rid of the quote. Grr.

I originally liked the Duggars back in the day when half the 1st generation of spawn hadn't even been born yet - because I thought they were "wholesome."   HAHAHAHAHA my, how times have changed.

FTR, I also liked Kate Gosselin in the first season, when it was more about coping with day to day life with a large family.... then things got.... odd. And I tuned out.

FTR v 2.0, I also liked Pioneer Woman (completely different genre) when she had a simple blog.... then things got... odd.  And I tuned out.

(And all of these folks sold out, in one way or five.)

That is all.

33 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I originally liked the Duggars back in the day when half the 1st generation of spawn hadn't even been born yet - because I thought they were "wholesome."   HAHAHAHAHA my, how times have changed.

FTR, I also liked Kate Gosselin in the first season, when it was more about coping with day to day life with a large family.... then things got.... odd. And I tuned out.

FTR v 2.0, I also liked Pioneer Woman (completely different genre) when she had a simple blog.... then things got... odd.  And I tuned out.

That is all.

I don't know anything about Pioneer Woman, other than the fact that a lot of people seem not to like her, but the Gosselins were originally embraced by fundegelicals because they didn't do a selective reduction and they used to be big on talking about religion and spoke at churches. I have no idea what Kate and Jon do or don't believe now, but it's interesting how that religious angle to their story has been downplayed after the marriage and the show imploded.

4 hours ago, Drala said:

I think there's an implicit racism going on with quiverfullers, but the POC they're most concerned about aren't black Baptists but brown Muslims and Catholics.

well, you know only their "brand" of Christianity is the right one! :pb_rollseyes:

Frankly, I think denominations and religion only confuse the real issue.  I don't really care HOW you choose to worship (I.e denominations) but WHO you choose to worship. And frankly, it's not my place to judge that either! I'm not God, and I really wouldn't want his job anyway. This really irritates the heck out of me when blanket statements are made about any person's beliefs are based on assumptions about what it must be and think they can do God's job better than he can. Those are the people who give any faith a bad name. 

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

That is all.

@MarblesMom I think that things where it got big so fast that IF there was a moment of hesitation, the greed kind of takes over and they get sucked in. If the Duggers had to actually pay for the eleventy children they have,I doubt they would have had all 19. At least I don't think so. 

I'm over here wondering how #theedgypreacher is going to rap when he can barely articulate a normally spoken sentence?

3 hours ago, JMO said:

HELPMEET HAT ON:

Go, and sin no more.

HELPMEET HAT OFF

Is a mimeograph the same thing as a ditto machine?

I'm in my mid twenties and my elementary school still had a ditto machine. I didn't know it was weird until I was in my last year there and they got a :wow: Xerox machine!! It was paid for by a grant.

I liked that all the papers were purple. It's how I learned all my letters!

On 4.4.2016 at 1:16 PM, eclairaupistache said:

I watched the episodes 2 or 3 years ago. but it is not on youtube anymore I think. Jinger was keen on hunting and shooting and was the only girl who did it. She went with JB and that hunter as group of three and there she was cornered by JB (with that other grown man watching) and coerced into a "sex talk". Jinger was saying nothing at the time just nodding and looking embarassed. Jb said something along the line of: you see, it's mating season für the turkies right now, the gobblers fight for the hens, that's the way it is and it has always been.

It was not a normal "sex talk" of how things work, no, it was more along the lines of: See what is natural and don't you dare question it. It's supposed to be like that.

If I remember correctly Jinger was a minor at the time with two grown men in their 40's talking to her about sex and mating which is creepy to say the least!!! And all that on camera! Poor Jinger. If she really was a minor at the time, could she not sue JB for coercing her in front of the camera like that? It was cringe-worthy!

So I did look it up. The episode aired october 2, 2012. Jinger was 18 at the time it aired (her birthday is in december). So she was probably also 18 when it was filmed. I don't know the law but I am (half)convinced that if she would have been a minor this situation could have been a case for a lawsuit? These bastards waited until she was 18. JB and TLC are so sneaky and slimy.

9 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

I did a little listening, just to see who this Flame person is. I laugh. I laugh so much (not at Flame, he is actually a legit rapper) at the thought of Bin and Jessa rocking out to his albums with their sideways hats.

Let me just remind everyone how "musically ignorant" the Duggars are:

http://youtu.be/NLoySsS0phU

Now imagine Jessa trying to embrace/appreciate this. Here is a Flame music video:

http://youtu.be/ZaZQYucYXtk

I quite like that Flame song. I can't imagine it's Duggar approved.

Next weeks show is going to be hysterically cringey.

5 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Yes - the printouts had a characteristic indigo color, as you described.

6 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

I'm in my mid twenties and my elementary school still had a ditto machine. I didn't know it was weird until I was in my last year there and they got a :wow: Xerox machine!! It was paid for by a grant.

That's crazy that they still had one in that time frame..I'm almost tempted to get on ebay and see if I can get one so I can print out papers to sniff all day...:my_biggrin:

7 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

That's crazy that they still had one in that time frame..I'm almost tempted to get on ebay and see if I can get one so I can print out papers to sniff all day...:my_biggrin:

Don't do that, the nuns always assured us sniffing the dittoes would give you brain damage! 

Or they just didn't want kids noses all over their papers!

5 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

In the 60s my mom was a school teacher and we used the precurser of the ditto machine. A cookie tray with a layer of gelatin. She would print or draw on a ditto master and lay it over the gelatin to deposit the ink. Then we kids would lay papers on top, rub them down, then peal them off. More labor intensive than a ditto machine, but cheap and available when the school machine was not,

8 hours ago, Criscat said:

@MarblesMom I think that things where it got big so fast that IF there was a moment of hesitation, the greed kind of takes over and they get sucked in. If the Duggers had to actually pay for the eleventy children they have,I doubt they would have had all 19. At least I don't think so. 

This is true about a lot of reality television.  I think the Duggars would have kept having children because Jesus (and Moochelle's pathological need to be pregnant), but their lifestyle and influence would have been a lot different.  As would the Bates family-their house got a renovation thanks to TLC and the Duggar connection.  But until TLC, both families weren't any different than a lot of families meeting up at Big Sandy.

I remember watching the first special and being fascinated, annoyed and a little creeped out all at the same time.  Here was this family in this three bedroom house with eleventy children, dressed alike in frumpers and hand me downs, homeschooling and always walking in straight lines (like the Madeline books). The buddy system is explained, but the J'slaves are not so obvious (other than the girls clearly having more labor intensive and daily jurisdictions). It was easy to be disgusted at their theology, but the whole debt free thing was easy to accept and somewhat admire. After all, their lifestyle was simple. They clearly did buy on the cheap (used or whatever) and lived within their means.  Of course, we now know their oldest son was also molesting his sisters at this time.  Then we get to the second special and they're a little more self righteous--we're seeing more J'slave action and we get introduced to the TTH that they're supposedly building all by themselves.

BOOM--Duggars moving in and TLC has taken over the brand.   The debt free is now thanks to speaking engagements and television specials.  Their kids have pianos, harps, their own beds, an indoor slide and lots more space thanks to TLC finishing up the house--why was that never considered indebtedness?  And the Duggars and the leghumpers were all sucked in.   This wonderful family earned it, deserved it, and were something to be admired.  You too could live in the TTH with your eleventy children if you prayed hard enough or were lucky enough to know the Duggars (ahem..Sierra!)

39 minutes ago, Johanna25 said:

In the 60s my mom was a school teacher and we used the precurser of the ditto machine. A cookie tray with a layer of gelatin. She would print or draw on a ditto master and lay it over the gelatin to deposit the ink. Then we kids would lay papers on top, rub them down, then peal them off. More labor intensive than a ditto machine, but cheap and available when the school machine was not,

My sister did this when she was studying to be a teacher in the late 90's. She called it a "gelatin-o-graph". 

9 hours ago, Criscat said:

I think they would have kept having kids. They already had 14 kids that they could barely afford when filming started.  They were living within their means, but things were stressful and tight.  Meals of rice. They may still have had the tth, but not with the higher end finishes, slides, harps or other things mentioned by a poster above.  They would have had to stay extremely frugal and may be living very differently now.  But they would have kept breeding. responsibility and common sense have no part in their lifestyle.  They would have kept breeding and probably managed to stay debt free but the children would have suffered even more.

Without the TLC money, the kids would have started working for money as soon as they could.  It wouldn't have been a matter of choice, but a simple case of survival.  

7 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

oh to be in my mid twenties again :D not - loved my 30's 

carry on 

I have to say, I'm impressed with Flame's music.  It actually more "musical" than a lot of the mainstream rap crap that plays for top artists these days.  Dare I say I hear a key change?

I HAVE to know the backstory as to how this guy got hooked up with the POS duggars! Flame has women (wearing PANTS!) in his videos, and while the message "yay jesus" is the same, the very fact that the Duggars think that dancing is of the debil should remove any chance of a friendship or even business relationship.  The Duggars think music is 1)violin 2)piano 3) harp 4) singing.  PERIOD.  Rap is not in that definition.

should n' t we feel bad that we are going to be laughing at Ben on Tuesday 

no ok - I am looking forward to a hearty laugh lol

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I HAVE to know the backstory as to how this guy got hooked up with the POS duggars! Flame has women (wearing PANTS!) in his videos, and while the message "yay jesus" is the same, the very fact that the Duggars think that dancing is of the debil should remove any chance of a friendship or even business relationship.  The Duggars think music is 1)violin 2)piano 3) harp 4) singing.  PERIOD.  Rap is not in that definition.

Well, FWIW, it's Bin he's hooked up with. I'm certain JB does not approve. Ben's upbringing may not have been as strict and clearly defined as the Duggar family's.

Well, the song Ben and Jessa used for the sand pouring at their wedding has a pretty obvious beat, as well. The Seewalds may just not care as much about musical expression in that way like JB and Michelle do.

11 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

That is all.

I used to love PW also when she had her blog. It was so good. She's unbearable now. And now that I've learned things about her family and what not I pretty much can't stand her. She loves her butter though! Ha!

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived