IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 5

Criscat

Ok i will admit to owning a dress in that style. Thus is how to make the tiered dresses work. 

I doubt anyone who has 19 kids can pull it off. 

1460565718090451117854.jpg

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

-Bin inspired by Flame's experiences (cue: white saviour syndrome) talking about how he is considering becoming an inner city missionary (I can't make this up) and all I thought was Bin would get torn to shreds in an inner city environment. Trust me inner city youth need role models, people they can connect with and look up to...Bin is not it. And it has nothing to do with him being white. Flame even made it a point to say that you can't just waltz in. You have to gain the trust of people and make sure they know your intention are right, etc.    .

Damn straight. 
As someone who spent half my life in an inner city environment, I can attest to this.
You can tell the actual residents from the visitors to the hood ( I can, anyway). I could sniff out a curious visitor to the hood from a mile away and didn't have much use for people trying to take on the inner city as a pet project until something more interesting in their lives came along. Not saying there weren't good people who showed up truly wanting to make a difference as well, but.
Someone like Ben would have a challenging time.

You know why that armadillo dress was on the SALE rack?

B/C NOBODY WEARS GREY TO A WEDDING!!

7 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Ok i will admit to owning a dress in that style. Thus is how to make the tiered dresses work. 

Yes, but yours is far more flattering to begin with, and you didn't cack it up with the  awkward bolero (in my experience they are hard to pull off if you have any boobs at all) and added modesty panel.

A pretty cardigan could've served both purposes, but wouldn't have screamed, "Look at me! I'm modest!!" so they wouldn't do that. 

5 minutes ago, MyMilkshake said:

Damn straight. 
As someone who spent half my life in an inner city environment, I can attest to this.
You can tell the actual residents from the visitors to the hood ( I can, anyway). I could sniff out a curious visitor to the hood from a mile away and didn't have much use for people trying to take on the inner city as a pet project until something more interesting in their lives came along. Not saying there weren't good people who showed up truly wanting to make a difference as well, but.
Someone like Ben would have a challenging time.

I really hate the term "inner city", WTF does that even mean? What city? Where?  Midtown Manhattan is "inner city" and they dont need help... he means "hood" or "ghetto" but we know he wont use those words

Bin and his beliefs will be as welcome in the "inner city" as FJers would be taking a tour bus through an FLDS compound. 

9 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Cute dress! And, it's in my signature redhead flattering favorite apparel color!

Truth be told the dress is a little immodest for me.  For the sake of that pic (taken all of 5 minutes ago) I didn't wear it, but I have one of those bralettes/bandeaus (white strapless wrap around with lace on the edges) that I wear with it on a normal basis.  

I wore this to a family party (grandmother's 90th) earlier this year and I just added a cardigan with the bralette.  

Someone who's better endowed than me may not need it.  .

The dress is NY and Company a few years ago.  I've worn it to weddings and various political events.

13 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

In their defense, mainly Kelly's, and I can't believe I just said that, it may actually be silver and just photographed gray  

My mom wore a pretty silver lace dress from Nordstrom's to my sister's wedding and it looked very nice. Of course, it didn't have armadillo scales or a bolero, so she's probably going to hell. :pb_lol:

Just now, Buzzard said:

I really hate the term "inner city", WTF does that even mean? What city? Where?  Midtown Manhattan is "inner city" and they dont need help... he means "hood" or "ghetto" but we know he wont use those words

Bin and his beliefs will be as welcome in the "inner city" as FJers would be taking a tour bus through an FLDS compound. 

haha a lot of people are uncomfortable using the term ghetto, even if someplace really is. City planners and people worried about offending someone will say inner city, heritage neighborhood, historic neighborhood, core neighborhood, up-and-coming neighborhood, transitional area, blah blah blah.

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

If TLC wants to do something good with the Duggars, bring back Clinton and Stacy and let them tackle the family closet for all of the Duggar women (including the Lost Girls).  

I would pay good money to watch that!  

12 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

Hahaha, they needed something to talk about, right? :pb_lol:

@happy atheist, do we have a post count about Beezy's new hip hop career? 

:Kaboomm: "Christian Hip Hop Star, Fo Shizzle" is our newest post count title!

37 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Maybe you wear gray if you are ambivalent about the wedding. Sort of a passive aggressive way to signal your displeasure with your child's choice?

37 minutes ago, bingbangboom said:

Cute dress! And, it's in my signature redhead flattering favorite apparel color!

I have it in dusty pink! I wore it to my daughter's rehearsal dinner, which was on a beach on Block Island.  

I love that dress.

As ridiculous as the Hip Hop Ben scenes were, I found them a refreshing change from the building of that damned treehouse.  Cups of hot chocolate with their names on the cups...wtf.

10 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

As ridiculous as the Hip Hop Ben scenes were, I found them a refreshing change from the building of that damned treehouse.  Cups of hot chocolate with their names on the cups...wtf.

Rappers might have cooties.

1 hour ago, MyMilkshake said:

haha a lot of people are uncomfortable using the term ghetto, even if someplace really is. City planners and people worried about offending someone will say inner city, heritage neighborhood, historic neighborhood, core neighborhood, up-and-coming neighborhood, transitional area, blah blah blah.

i live in the ghetto...its not heritage, or core or up and coming or transitional, though it is historic...we have plaques on the burned out buildings and everything. this shit is pissing me off, tlc

41 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I have never seen this (writing names on paper cups) done at any family or friend gathering I've ever attended.  Why do the Duggars find this necessary?  If you have 8 people working on a project and you are bringing them some refreshments, why not bring out 8-10 cups, a carafe of lemonade or hot chocolate, and let them pour out their own cups?  Or if you want to pour it out ahead of time, just pour out 8 cups and bring them out.  Why does each person need to have a specific cup with their name on it?  WFT? indeed.

2 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

I have never seen this (writing names on paper cups) done at any family or friend gathering I've ever attended.  Why do the Duggars find this necessary?  If you have 8 people working on a project and you are bringing them some refreshments, why not bring out 8-10 cups, a carafe of lemonade or hot chocolate, and let them pour out their own cups?  Or if you want to pour it out ahead of time, just pour out 8 cups and bring them out.  Why does each person need to have a specific cup with their name on it?  WFT? indeed.

I've seen people do this. I think it makes sense. If you're working on something and you put your drink down and come back to it, you know which one is yours. 

2 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Just a thought from my own experience as a kid: maybe because when they were younger, the kids would leave their cups everywhere, and the family didn't want to spend a long time figuring out whose drink was whose (I don't know if they're a family that drinks after each other or not).

Lol, with 19 kids everywhere, I'd label my cups too. Not to mention some of them could easily pass on their germs if they were sick and drank from one of the million cups and no one noticed early enough.

56 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

When we've had large family cook-outs, we label paper/plastic cups with names. People set their drinks down and they get mixed up easily. I didn't realize that was something out of the ordinary.

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

I've seen people do this. I think it makes sense. If you're working on something and you put your drink down and come back to it, you know which one is yours. 

I guess so.  It's not something I've ever encountered except sometimes at a coffee shop where they put your name on the cup.  I find it especially odd in a family setting, but maybe my family doesn't do it because we don't use a lot of throw-away cups.  You get a mug or a glass, you pour yourself a drink, and that's the end of that.  And if you walk away from your glass and come back, you might say, "is this my wine?" and confirm that it is before you pick it back up.  LOL - anyway, there are more snark-worthy things the Duggars do, but this just had me shaking my head.

P.S. - I see a lot of people do this (labeling of cups).  Okay - not unusual.  I guess it's my family and friends who are the unusual ones ;)

52 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

When we've had large family cook-outs, we label paper/plastic cups with names. People set their drinks down and they get mixed up easily. I didn't realize that was something out of the ordinary.

I used to do that at college kegger parties too!!!  Good times!!    

11 minutes ago, Timetostoplurking said:

I used to do that at college kegger parties too!!!  Good times!!    

I always found it's best to never set your cup down at parties like that. Date rape drug aside...there's also cigarette butts, vomit, and who knows what else that could end up in your drink. Ha!

• sawasdee featured this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic
  • Destiny unfeatured this topic

Archived