IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 5

Criscat

Jessa voluntarily puts herself in front of audiences whenever she can earn money doing so. Remember the southern woman's speaking gig and, more recently, the modest clothing/no husbands or children (except hers) appearance? IMO Jessa wasn't happy at the recording studio because it wasn't all about her and she couldn't boss anyone around.

I guess this is TLC's answer to Erin Bate's Christmas music recording episode & Lawson's country music. Erin has Christian piano, Lawson has Christian country so the Duggar's took Christian Rap.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sndral said:

Jessa voluntarily puts herself in front of audiences whenever she can earn money doing so. Remember the southern woman's speaking gig and, more recently, the modest clothing/no husbands or children (except hers) appearance? IMO Jessa wasn't happy at the recording studio because it wasn't all about her and she couldn't boss anyone around.

I guess this is TLC's answer to Erin Bate's Christmas music recording episode & Lawson's country music. Erin has Christian piano, Lawson has Christian country so the Duggar's took Christian Rap.

Does this mean the Rodriguii are going to do Christian death metal?

17 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Several years back I was friends with someone whose roommate constantly listened to Christian speed metal. It made it difficult to carry on a conversation in his apartment, that's for sure.

11 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

Didn't Jim bob exclaim "WOW! That's a modest dress!" when she walked out in it? Hahaha that was hilarious bc that's practically the only not-mean thing you can say about. 

I think it was even worse. Something like "Wow, mama. That's a modest dress if ever I've seen one!" or something douchebaggy like that. :pb_lol:

Personally, though, I strongly disagree. In fact, that cut of the top along with the terrible alterations lead my eyes straight to Michelle's boobs. And believe me, I do NOT want to be looking at Michelle's boobs!

13 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am so over the let's add to a dress to make it more modest so I can brag about it. Are they so stupid that they think most people don't know that it is easy to find a modest, attractive outfit that doesn't need alterations?

I always wonder why they can't just order online from the stores that cater to Mormon, Orthodox Jewish, Muslim, and Apostolic women who want to look cute but covered up. But I guess you show so much more piety by making perfectly nice dresses look awkward and frumpy with clumsy alterations. I feel like the Duggar women (Jessa to less of an extent; she was smart enough to get a wedding dress and her bridesmaid dresses from fashion lines specifically catering towards modest dressers) want to feel like they're the first women ever to think of not showing off their dirtypillows to the whole world. Get over yourselves, ladies, and check out how some Muslim ladies manage to look fabulous while showing little if any skin.

7 hours ago, sndral said:

Cousin Amy must be steaming!

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I always wonder why they can't just order online from the stores that cater to Mormon, Orthodox Jewish, Muslim, and Apostolic women who want to look cute but covered up. But I guess you show so much more piety by making perfectly nice dresses look awkward and frumpy with clumsy alterations. I feel like the Duggar women (Jessa to less of an extent; she was smart enough to get a wedding dress and her bridesmaid dresses from fashion lines specifically catering towards modest dressers) want to feel like they're the first women ever to think of not showing off their dirtypillows to the whole world. Get over yourselves, ladies, and check out how some Muslim ladies manage to look fabulous while showing little if any skin.

It's not just that.  I've found my (hypothetical) wedding dress (ok narrowed it down to 2) and one of them would pass the fundie modesty test. 

However, the site I'm not sure is legit (one of those Chinese sites).

11 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Maybe he has buyer's remorse.  Being married with a kid is not something that (in this day and age) is not typical for people not yet old enough to (legally, in the US) have a beer.  

IMO if he really wanted to marry Jessa, he should have come back in a few years.  Wasn't he barely 18 when they started courting?

Since JB and Michelle married as teens, the J'kids probably see teen marriage as a good thing, since it means you get to be an adult earlier. The fact that Josh was engaged to the Holt girl as a pretty young teen suggests to me that JB and Michelle wanted him married ASAP. Plus Marjorie was also quite young during her brief courtship with Josiah and the Duggars didn't have a problem with that. I'm just surprised that the media gives the Duggars a pass on these super young marriages, since I doubt they'd be so blasé if one of the Jenner girls, for example, decided to marry some random guy they just met, but when the Duggars do teen marriage, we're supposed to believe it's "wholesome."

8 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Since JB and Michelle married as teens, the J'kids probably see teen marriage as a good thing, since it means you get to be an adult earlier. The fact that Josh was engaged to the Holt girl as a pretty young teen suggests to me that JB and Michelle wanted him married ASAP. Plus Marjorie was also quite young during her brief courtship with Josiah and the Duggars didn't have a problem with that. I'm just surprised that the media gives the Duggars a pass on these super young marriages, since I doubt they'd be so blasé if one of the Jenner girls, for example, decided to marry some random guy they just met, but when the Duggars do teen marriage, we're supposed to believe it's "wholesome."

But aside from Josh, none of the J kids married young (under 21).  Jill was 23 and Jessa 21/22 (her birthday was immediately after the wedding so I can't keep track).  And it seems like there's no courtships on the horizon so who knows how old the next J kid to marry will be.  It just seems that JB pushes the 'troubled' kids to early marriage (Josiah we can speculate on).  I see him in no rush to walk Jana down the aisle.

Yet the ages of the adult J kids at home are 26, 26, 22, 21, 19, 18.  

I think Ben's parents married very young too, which could explain their push for him to marry young.  

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

nastyhobbitses for the win.

I can only imagine how Jessa must feel about all this. It seems her life's dream was to live close to her family, have eleventhy kids (mostly adopted) with a cute guy and raise them amid j-slaves and camera's. She could be the shining center of attention, being the pretty and articulate one and having annoying Jill and sleazy Josh out of the way.

Now she is stuck with a guy whom she thought was fully on board with this ideal, but a year later he has a sudden thing for rap, black people and inner cities. And again she is powerless as a women, because she can give him the stare all she wants, but it seems Ben actually has dreams beyond Duggertopia. 

Lets hope for her (and for the innercity folk) it is just a story line.

13 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

But aside from Josh, none of the J kids married young (under 21).  Jill was 23 and Jessa 21/22 (her birthday was immediately after the wedding so I can't keep track).  And it seems like there's no courtships on the horizon so who knows how old the next J kid to marry will be.  It just seems that JB pushes the 'troubled' kids to early marriage (Josiah we can speculate on).  I see him in no rush to walk Jana down the aisle.

Yet the ages of the adult J kids at home are 26, 26, 22, 21, 19, 18.  

I think Ben's parents married very young too, which could explain their push for him to marry young.  

I think there are several reason why there are so many J'kidults at home. First of all, they don't have social circles that would facilitate meeting members of the opposite sex. This is a problem with families that follow the SAHD/extreme sheltering formula in general, namely that they don't trust their kidults enough to put them in situations that will enable them to meet perspective spouses, and then wonder why they have so many unmarried adult children. Ben and Derrick were essentially fans/leghumpers who got lucky, which really isn't the best way to meet a spouse. Second, the J'kidults are needed at home to keep the place running, from child care to lawn maintenance. We can speculate whether they're being "forced" to do this or not, but the fact is that a household that big requires a lot of people to run it. In the old days, servants would have done this, but the Duggars just get their older kids to do it. Third, the Duggars live quite well, not just by Quiverfull standards but by any other metric. It's probably more comfortable to live at the TTH with all your needs by taken care of than to leave the nest, even if you have to be your parents' indentured servants (of course, none of the married adults have really left the TTH, but I think you see the point). Lastly, I think JB and Michelle have removed any independent thought or initiative from their children, which is why they have no impetus to truly "leave and cleave." The J'kidults are part of a collective unit where individuality doesn't exist, and where the parents micromanage everyone's lives. Even the J'kidult spouses have to join this collective, and many young fundies just don't want to do that.

1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

I can only imagine how Jessa must feel about all this. It seems her life's dream was to live close to her family, have eleventhy kids (mostly adopted) with a cute guy and raise them amid j-slaves and camera's. She could be the shining center of attention, being the pretty and articulate one and having annoying Jill and sleazy Josh out of the way.

Now she is stuck with a guy whom she thought was fully on board with this ideal, but a year later he has a sudden thing for rap, black people and inner cities. And again she is powerless as a women, because she can give him the stare all she wants, but it seems Ben actually has dreams beyond Duggertopia. 

Lets hope for her (and for the innercity folk) it is just a story line.

Wait, why do you think Jessa is against Ben's dreams of saving inner-city heathens?  I honestly think she'd be all for it.  Not saying she would be out there helping or preaching, but she would stay at home while Ben does his thing.  She would probably also think that him doing that would increase their chances of a domestic adoption.  Maybe Ben can find a knocked up teen who needs saving. 

Ben could go to Appalachia or someplace like that where he might be better received. I think Jessa would be happier there, too. There's big families in them-thar hills.

11 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I am crying and dying to see it. Should i dress up like michelle duggar and sweetingly advice Jill to do thi?

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It's not modest if you don't show the world that you are being sooooo modest, duh

4 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

It's not just that.  I've found my (hypothetical) wedding dress (ok narrowed it down to 2) and one of them would pass the fundie modesty test. 

However, the site I'm not sure is legit (one of those Chinese sites).

If you really like it you could take the design to a local trustworthy seamstress in your area. It won't be too expensive and surely prettier than the one in the website

@FundieBunny I'm single as fuck now so emphasis on the word hypothetical.

I do have screenshots saved to my phone.

ETA when it comes to fundie wedding dresses, I would say Priscilla wins here.  She had a (very) modest wedding dress that didn't have hideous alterations, yet looked really good on her.

33 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

@FundieBunny I'm single as fuck now so emphasis on the word hypothetical.

I do have screenshots saved to my phone.

ETA when it comes to fundie wedding dresses, I would say Priscilla wins here.  She had a (very) modest wedding dress that didn't have hideous alterations, yet looked really good on her.

She may have had the benefit of a gay eye.

So about those hot chocolate cups:

I get that they used styrofoam for the hot chocolate and even put names on them--that makes sense as they could easily have been set aside (names necessary) or dropped (non-breakable).  But even most day cares use plastic reusable cups with kids names for meals/snacks.  The Duggars always seem to use paper and styrofoam for meals and everything else.

With all those j'slaves around, I'm truly surprised that dish washing  was not an obvious jurisdiction from the beginning.

7 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think they'd explain it with the same twisted logic they use to defend the ultra-short engagements that they like so much. You have to channel natural urges into marital babymaking before the kidults get a chance to act their age. Nevermind getting to know your partner, or yourself for that matter.

7 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

Wait, why do you think Jessa is against Ben's dreams of saving inner-city heathens?  I honestly think she'd be all for it.  Not saying she would be out there helping or preaching, but she would stay at home while Ben does his thing.  She would probably also think that him doing that would increase their chances of a domestic adoption.  Maybe Ben can find a knocked up teen who needs saving. 

I can't watch here, but from all I gather this was Ben's idea, and not like in the Dillards' case, a shared dream. Adoption was her thing. Something we have not seen Ben enthusiastic about.

Why she wouldn't like it?

- It would take her out of her safe and comfi existence

- She would have to cook her own meals and raise her own kids.

- Her hubby would be in a very defrauding environment.

- She would actually have to befriend people she can now just contemplate and/or judge from a distance. Far away heathens are much more cuddly than the once down the street. And they won't give Jessa the VIP treatment white people in poor countries get.

- Ben would run physical risks, depending of his level of involvement.

Maybe the key word is sacrifice. She would have to really sacrifice to be in inner city ministry with Ben. The kind of sacrifices you are able to make if you believe in something. I have seen couples in a ministry that only one partner had passion for. It is a bad idea, and puts a big strain on your marriage.

Can you imagine how many times Jessa would be hit on and cat called by many a sketchy folk (men and women!!) in front of BinSeewizzle Jesus BarSpitter? I'm guessing their reactions would range from confusion, to shock, to fear and such behavior from anyone towards Jessa in that regard would cause Benye's brain to explode.

I would give up watching tv and move to DangerousInnerCity STL just to watch it all happen, on repeat.

3 minutes ago, bingbangboom said:

Can you imagine how many times Jessa would be hit on and cat called by many a sketchy folk (men and women!!) in front of BinSeewizzle Jesus BarSpitter?

New favorite fundie name! :D

21 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Ben could go to Appalachia or someplace like that where he might be better received. I think Jessa would be happier there, too. There's big families in them-thar hills.

NO!!!!  Keep her away from my beautiful Appalachia!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And don't say silly things like we've got big families here.  We're no different than other places in terms of family size.....though we do seem to have at least one QF family.

5 minutes ago, gustava said:

NO!!!!  Keep her away from my beautiful Appalachia!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And don't say silly things like we've go big families here.  We're no different than other places in terms of family size.....though we do seem to have at least one QF family.

don't send him there I agree 

• sawasdee featured this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic
  • Destiny unfeatured this topic

Archived