IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 5

Criscat

We do this at choir practice too; one mixed up water bottle & you end up w/the whole choir sick at once.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I always found it's best to never set your cup down at parties like that. Date rape drug aside...there's also cigarette butts, vomit, and who knows what else that could end up in your drink. Ha!

Chew spit. 

15 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I am starting to get bunions now...likely due to my recent RA diagnosis. Fun fun! I dread the future. The surgery looks scary! I'm not sure it's even that helpful for people like me anyway since they would likely come right back. I've always been a tennis shoes person anyway, thankfully.

As far as that dress...I don't think it's THAT bad pre-modesty alterations. But it just looks like Michelle put a big t-shirt on underneath. So weird.

The surgery was not as scary or painful as people portray it. I only took the hardcore pain meds twice ( I stopped when they made me sick & I realized I only needed the ibuprofen 800). I was off work 4 days. I was uncomfortable, but never in pain.

I'd get some good orthotics & invest in good shoes so your bunions don't get any worse. I'm seven weeks & two days out from surgery. I've been in tennis shoes for almost two weeks. Today I noticed I'm walking a lot faster & the soreness & stiffness decreased significantly over the last few days. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there! 

Because mine are likely from my RA, I doubt I can do much to prevent them from getting worse. I mean, I already don't wear heels or tight shoes or anything. So yeah...I'm basically screwed. But I suppose bunions are the least of my joint concerns anyway.

Glad to hear the surgery wasn't too bad though!

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I really hate the term "inner city", WTF does that even mean? What city? Where?  Midtown Manhattan is "inner city" and they dont need help... he means "hood" or "ghetto" but we know he wont use those words

Bin and his beliefs will be as welcome in the "inner city" as FJers would be taking a tour bus through an FLDS compound. 

We all know people would be offended if he used those terms...

It's not a big family gathering unless my aunt has written all of our names on big red Solo cups.

21 hours ago, Casserole said:

definitely a modesty panel. eek. at least get a better seamstress 

9194b4a503e71552bcfab8638c635c30.jpg

You don't like what Jana did with it?  :pb_lol:

I am so over the let's add to a dress to make it more modest so I can brag about it. Are they so stupid that they think most people don't know that it is easy to find a modest, attractive outfit that doesn't need alterations?

35 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Because mine are likely from my RA, I doubt I can do much to prevent them from getting worse. I mean, I already don't wear heels or tight shoes or anything. So yeah...I'm basically screwed. But I suppose bunions are the least of my joint concerns anyway.

Glad to hear the surgery wasn't too bad though!

I have RA, diagnosed in 2005, and had a very intricate and involved (two screws and a plate) bunionectomy in September of 2014.

I'm doing fine, though my worst problem post surgery was swelling. Couldn't get ANY shoes on for about six to seven weeks. I'm not anticipating a recurrence. I was told by both my surgeons, the most important thing is wearing my orthotics. My rheumatologist was completely on board with my decision to have the operation, too.

The biggest consideration, in my case, was discontinuing Enbrel for six weeks.

24 minutes ago, Lizzybet said:

I have RA, diagnosed in 2005, and had a very intricate and involved (two screws and a plate) bunionectomy in September of 2014.

I'm doing fine, though my worst problem post surgery was swelling. Couldn't get ANY shoes on for about six to seven weeks. I'm not anticipating a recurrence. I was told by both my surgeons, the most important thing is wearing my orthotics. My rheumatologist was completely on board with my decision to have the operation, too.

The biggest consideration, in my case, was discontinuing Enbrel for six weeks.

How quickly did your bunions form/get bad? (Sorry, I know this is totally off topic on this thread...but whatever.) I was only diagnosed last year. Mine aren't bad at all right now, thankfully. But I'm only 34 and worry about the future a lot.

Didn't Jim bob exclaim "WOW! That's a modest dress!" when she walked out in it? Hahaha that was hilarious bc that's practically the only not-mean thing you can say about. 

24 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

How quickly did your bunions form/get bad? (Sorry, I know this is totally off topic on this thread...but whatever.) I was only diagnosed last year. Mine aren't bad at all right now, thankfully. But I'm only 34 and worry about the future a lot.

I've had flat feet as far back as I can remember, and did a pretty fair amount of distance running for several years (which is when I first noticed it- on just one foot, the right). When I first saw one of the surgeons who eventually performed the operation, he advised me to wait and see, make some adjustments, 'learn to live with it'. This was pre RA Dx, but pretty sure it was already underway. When I went back to him about six weeks before the surgery, he asked why I'd let it get so bad/waited so long. I have an extremely high threshold for pain, and knew the sugery would inhibit my activities, especially my job as a cashier at 'THE' home improvement store.

I know I couldn't have gone much longer w/o the bunionectomy. Pain was constant, and weird things like numbness/nerve pain was fairly routine.

I'm very glad I had the procedure, and the worst thing was the amazing itch I had to deal with under my cast (on for over seven weeks)!

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I just watched part of the most recent episode, and, based on body language, that Ben-Jessa marriage is in trouble. Wow, did they go from 60 to 0 in no time flat!

2 hours ago, divadivine said:

The surgery was not as scary or painful as people portray it. I only took the hardcore pain meds twice ( I stopped when they made me sick & I realized I only needed the ibuprofen 800). I was off work 4 days. I was uncomfortable, but never in pain.

I'd get some good orthotics & invest in good shoes so your bunions don't get any worse. I'm seven weeks & two days out from surgery. I've been in tennis shoes for almost two weeks. Today I noticed I'm walking a lot faster & the soreness & stiffness decreased significantly over the last few days. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there! 

It's not that bad. I would only add it is important to stop and put those poor feet up after surgery when they feel tired. 

It made a big difference when I did it and didn't, they got quite swollen if I overdid.

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I always found it's best to never set your cup down at parties like that. Date rape drug aside...there's also cigarette butts, vomit, and who knows what else that could end up in your drink. Ha!

When I was in high school, we took a bus trip to Washington, DC. It was long ride and smoking was prohibited (being underage and all), so some of the boys brought dipping tobacco and would spit their saliva into empty Snapple bottles. Well, at some point, one of them woke up from a nap and went to take a swig of ice tea... and grabbed the wrong bottle. OMG, over 2 decades later, I still get queasy thinking about.  

1 hour ago, realist51 said:

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I just watched part of the most recent episode, and, based on body language, that Ben-Jessa marriage is in trouble. Wow, did they go from 60 to 0 in no time flat!

I noticed that, too.  Jessa definitely doen't do the adoring gaze.  More like resting bitch face when she looks at Ben.

7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I really hate the term "inner city", WTF does that even mean? What city? Where?  Midtown Manhattan is "inner city" and they dont need help... he means "hood" or "ghetto" but we know he wont use those words

Bin and his beliefs will be as welcome in the "inner city" as FJers would be taking a tour bus through an FLDS compound. 

Maybe because of all the visiting in prisons they think they are experienced at winning over the hearts and minds of tough people. Because they don't realize  prisoners are bored out of their minds and will say and do just about anything just for a chance to break the tedium

5 minutes ago, Drala said:

I noticed that, too.  Jessa definitely doen't do the adoring gaze.  More like resting bitch face when she looks at Ben.

To be fair, if my very white, very non-musically inclined husband were making an ass out of himself trying to be a Christian rapper, I would be hard placed to gaze adoringly at him, too.  Bitch face (active, none of this resting business!) is about the best he would get.

I really kind of feel for Jessa in all of this.  That would have been an awkward situation for anyone.  But, combine it with someone who is obviously uncomfortable when she's out of her element and aware that this is an embarrassment, then add in a TV crew, and man, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.  Hateful views or not, I do have some compassion for her there.  It took me a long time to get to a place where I could be comfortable in a social situation that was innately uncomfortable, i.e., where I didn't know anyone, was unfamiliar with the people, customs, felt like an outsider, etc.  (Sorry, I can't think of a better way to say that). Poor girl's never even had a chance to learn how to deal with those circumstances on a real level and she's thrown into the deep end on national television.  I'd say shame on TLC, who you know LOVED the idea of taking poor white-bred rural hicks and putting them in the "inner city Christian rap scene," but, Jessa wanted a reality show, and at least this episode was, well, entertaining, in a fashion.  If they did this fish out of water shit every week, I might have to root for the show, if only for the fact that I truly believe that every uncomfortable, my life is not normal experience like this has to have some sort of impact on the kiddults. 

33 minutes ago, Hera said:

To be fair, if my very white, very non-musically inclined husband were making an ass out of himself trying to be a Christian rapper, I would be hard placed to gaze adoringly at him, too.  Bitch face (active, none of this resting business!) is about the best he would get.

I really kind of feel for Jessa in all of this.  That would have been an awkward situation for anyone.  But, combine it with someone who is obviously uncomfortable when she's out of her element and aware that this is an embarrassment, then add in a TV crew, and man, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.  Hateful views or not, I do have some compassion for her there.  It took me a long time to get to a place where I could be comfortable in a social situation that was innately uncomfortable, i.e., where I didn't know anyone, was unfamiliar with the people, customs, felt like an outsider, etc.  (Sorry, I can't think of a better way to say that). Poor girl's never even had a chance to learn how to deal with those circumstances on a real level and she's thrown into the deep end on national television.  I'd say shame on TLC, who you know LOVED the idea of taking poor white-bred rural hicks and putting them in the "inner city Christian rap scene," but, Jessa wanted a reality show, and at least this episode was, well, entertaining, in a fashion.  If they did this fish out of water shit every week, I might have to root for the show, if only for the fact that I truly believe that every uncomfortable, my life is not normal experience like this has to have some sort of impact on the kiddults. 

I also feel for Jessa. When I made the original comment about the sparks being gone, I was thinking more of Ben. He seems to barely tolerate her. She appears to be TRYING to be cheerful; there's an awful lot of fake laughing in that relationship. As for her discomfort with the recording session, I also felt bad for her, but mostly because it really highlighted just HOW sheltered those kids are and just how little creative outlet they have. I really think I am slow off the mark, but the arrested development of all those kids was emphasized by the juxtaposition with the rappers, and I finally REALLY saw it. My heart breaks for Jessa, and I think that marriage is going to provide the next Duggar shake-up.

44 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Maybe because of all the visiting in prisons they think they are experienced at winning over the hearts and minds of tough people. Because they don't realize  prisoners are bored out of their minds and will say and do just about anything just for a chance to break the tedium

Prisoners can also be very manipulative.

6 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

I have never seen this (writing names on paper cups) done at any family or friend gathering I've ever attended. 

We have a large family and are descended from a large family (not 19 kids, but more than the norm). When we get together, everyone has a cup with their name and we use it all day. Otherwise, there are TONS of half-drunk glasses around to spill and pick up. Efficient? Yes! No one worries about whose glass is who's. No sharing of germs.

16 minutes ago, realist51 said:

I also feel for Jessa. When I made the original comment about the sparks being gone, I was thinking more of Ben. He seems to barely tolerate her. She appears to be TRYING to be cheerful; there's an awful lot of fake laughing in that relationship. As for her discomfort with the recording session, I also felt bad for her, but mostly because it really highlighted just HOW sheltered those kids are and just how little creative outlet they have. I really think I am slow off the mark, but the arrested development of all those kids was emphasized by the juxtaposition with the rappers, and I finally REALLY saw it. My heart breaks for Jessa, and I think that marriage is going to provide the next Duggar shake-up.

I haven't watched all the episodes of Counting On (no cable), but he doesn't seem enthralled with his life. 

Maybe he has buyer's remorse.  Being married with a kid is not something that (in this day and age) is not typical for people not yet old enough to (legally, in the US) have a beer.  

IMO if he really wanted to marry Jessa, he should have come back in a few years.  Wasn't he barely 18 when they started courting?

• sawasdee featured this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic
  • Destiny unfeatured this topic

Archived