IGNORED

Jeremiah at ALERT?

habert

7 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Maybe they make the kids, doing whatever jobs they can, save up their money and pay their own way into the camps.

Four, I am hoping you're right and this is what happens!

However I'd say pimp daddy JB still gets all the cash and Jana sometimes has access to the debit card to go do the grocery shop. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Don't they sort of love the Duggars? Might have better luck with In Touch or the Inquisitor.

If you had any good video TMZ might bite

Basic Training costs $3,465 with an additional $800 – $1,200 in required gear.

And that is just the starter Alert! 

Emergency Response Training is another $4,085 (with scuba certification). 

Alert! Advanced Training costs and tuition sheet: http://alertacademy.com/alert/wp-content/uploads/2016-3-7Advanced-Training-Costs1stSession-1.pdf

The Emergency Services Operations training is $7,440.  

The aviation program is inactive.  

Paramilitary is right!  These guys have ranks and uniforms with insignia. EXTREMELY Creepy.  

No, no US military for them, because US military is riddled with regular people, gay people, and women people (and some people who are all of the previous!) and you can't have godly young men exposed to THAT. 

The Duggars send the young mens to Alert! because they are incredibly hard-core Gothard and that's just what they do.  Alert! is very manly and godly and reinforces manly manliness and godliness. I certainly pity any guys who are sent to Alert! to reinforce a gender stereotype, and you know there are parents who ship boys off to Alert! for exactly that reason. 

Have any of the Duggar young mens not been to Alert!?

11 minutes ago, Howl said:

Alert! Advanced Training costs and tuition sheet: http://alertacademy.com/alert/wp-content/uploads/2016-3-7Advanced-Training-Costs1stSession-1.pdf

Paramilitary is right!  These guys have ranks and uniforms with insignia. EXTREMELY Creepy.  

No, no US military for them, because US military is riddled with regular people, gay people, and women people (and some people who are all of the previous!) and you can't have godly young men exposed to THAT. 

The Duggars send the young mens to Alert! because they are incredibly hard-core Gothard and that's just what they do.  Alert! is very manly and godly and reinforces manly manliness and godliness. I certainly pity any guys who are sent to Alert! to reinforce a gender stereotype, and you know there are parents who ship boys off to Alert! for exactly that reason. 

So, I was wondering, when they get their scuba training, do the guys wear wholesome wear swimsuits, or do they train in their clothes?  I can't imagine then wearing anything as immodest as a wetsuit, even though they are guys.

On 3/29/2016 at 2:57 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

You know, I just thought about this: I know that ATI/IBLP isn't going around blowing up buildings or sending people with bomb belts into parks full of innocent people, and I know that the answer is probably "cause it's OK when white people do it" but why is a paramilitary training camp in rural Texas that indoctrinates young men into a radical, puritanical form of Christianity any different from a paramilitary training camp in rural Pakistan that indoctrinates young men into a radical, puritanical form of Islam?

Good points, but to the bolded and not to sound too paranoid but I wish I knew that for sure.  And who is to say that an ALERT graduate might not do just that all by himself and not as part of an organized IBLP task group.  They preach hatred after all.  I find ALERT disturbing and it is definitely a paramilitary organization.

ALERT talks up a storm about being all about Emergency Response and claims to have sent trained people to many disaster areas (Haiti, Oklahoma City, multiple tornadoes and hurricanes).  It is hard to prove or disprove whether ALERT graduates go to disaster areas as a team - or perhaps graduates have just used the training as a way to infiltrate local town and community organizations.  BTW, if you read the small print, neither the EMT and "law enforcement" training is accredited.  Also hidden deeply in the small print is the weapons training they do at ALERT. 

40 minutes ago, Howl said:

I would say that the only 18+ Duggar male spawn who hasn't gone to ALERT is Josh.  He was sent to do hard labor at an IBLP training center instead.  Probably the molestation of his sisters would have got him automatically turned down by ALERT so he never applied.  

I'll eat my hat if John David didn't go through the higher levels of ALERT because of his career trajectory to date -  EMT, "law enforcement," and becoming a pilot.  TLC just decided not to feature it on the TV show.  I think the infamous photo of JD and Jonathan Hartano positively bristling with weapons and ignoring all gun safety guidelines was taken after they both graduated ALERT - but this is pure speculation on my part.

It's quite probable that Joseph, Josiah, Jeremiah and co, are quite happy to go to ALERT - if the alternative is yet another JTTH.  At least they will get out of the TTH, learn some skills, and get to play with guns.  The God stuff is just par for the course.

As far as the cost goes - ALERT offers scholarships and participants can also work their way through as landscaping or ground maintenance crew.  If they go to the higher levels some probably also get free tuition as instructors.

Scary stuff.

On March 29, 2016 at 2:57 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

You know, I just thought about this: I know that ATI/IBLP isn't going around blowing up buildings or sending people with bomb belts into parks full of innocent people, and I know that the answer is probably "cause it's OK when white people do it" but why is a paramilitary training camp in rural Texas that indoctrinates young men into a radical, puritanical form of Christianity any different from a paramilitary training camp in rural Pakistan that indoctrinates young men into a radical, puritanical form of Islam?

I'm biased against fundamentalism in every form it takes but this is what really worries me. 

I don't necessarily believe that ALERT is a threat on that level.  It's an indicator, however,  that there are people out there in significant numbers that might be capable of things we would never think possible.

It's good to keep watch on groups like this and out them if things get out of hand.

16 hours ago, Jucifer said:

I'm biased against fundamentalism in every form it takes but this is what really worries me. 

I don't necessarily believe that ALERT is a threat on that level.  It's an indicator, however,  that there are people out there in significant numbers that might be capable of things we would never think possible.

It's good to keep watch on groups like this and out them if things get out of hand.

Agree 100%.  Especially since so many people stick their heads in the sand and ignore it because it's "Christian" and "that sort of thing can't happen here unless a brown person does it"

On 29.3.2016 at 8:57 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Well, as much as I hate those fundies, I have to say that they are nowhere near those Islamic indoctrination camps which teach young people how to kill "unbelievers". As far as we know, ATI/IBlP does none of these things. Not that it couldn't happen that someone who went there will commit a hate crime one day, I'm not ruling that out, but the focus of the ALERT camp is clearly different than that of these Islamic indoctrionation camps. The one cult leader which comes closest to those radical Islamists is Steven Anderson aka PP, who thinks that gays should be executed (a common practise in several islamic countries, in most, you will be put into prison for years), but ATI/IBLP, as horrific as they are with their ideology and covering up sexual abuse, at least doesn't teach this publicly.

Also, I have to say, when gay marriage was implemented in the whole country after the SCOTUS decision, fundies and conservatives maybe went to protest marches, but they stayed mostly peacful. I would have expected more violent riots, like in France, but as far as I know, very little happend if you consider the fact that "traditional marriage" is the sacred cow of most fundies/conservatives.

56 minutes ago, Sundaymorning said:

Well, as much as I hate those fundies, I have to say that they are nowhere near those Islamic indoctrination camps which teach young people how to kill "unbelievers". As far as we know, ATI/IBlP does none of these things. Not that it couldn't happen that someone who went there will commit a hate crime one day, I'm not ruling that out, but the focus of the ALERT camp is clearly different than that of these Islamic indoctrionation camps. The one cult leader which comes closest to those radical Islamists is Steven Anderson aka PP, who thinks that gays should be executed (a common practise in several islamic countries, in most, you will be put into prison for years), but ATI/IBLP, as horrific as they are with their ideology and covering up sexual abuse, at least doesn't teach this publicly.

Also, I have to say, when gay marriage was implemented in the whole country after the SCOTUS decision, fundies and conservatives maybe went to protest marches, but they stayed mostly peacful. I would have expected more violent riots, like in France, but as far as I know, very little happend if you consider the fact that "traditional marriage" is the sacred cow of most fundies/conservatives.

This all may be very true, but why the need for weapons training, pics with large weapons, even teaching the girls how to use guns?  Learning gun safety and basic use is one thing, but they seem to go above and beyond that. The type of assistance they claim to offer really wouldn't need that kind of firepower.  So....what is it for? that's what bothers me about these camps. That, and everything else.

24 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

This all may be very true, but why the need for weapons training, pics with large weapons, even teaching the girls how to use guns?  Learning gun safety and basic use is one thing, but they seem to go above and beyond that. The type of assistance they claim to offer really wouldn't need that kind of firepower.  So....what is it for? that's what bothers me about these camps. That, and everything else.

I completely agree, I don't like camps like ALERT at all. They are brainwashing, abusive and generally harmful. And I don't like the fact that they glorify guns either, but still, they are nowhere near as bad as these Islamist camps where they brainwash people into thinking that "unbelievers" deserve death or even train how to kill them.

2 minutes ago, Sundaymorning said:

I completely agree, I don't like camps like ALERT at all. They are brainwashing, abusive and generally harmful. And I don't like the fact that they glorify guns either, but still, they are nowhere near as bad as these Islamist camps where they brainwash people into thinking that "unbelievers" deserve death or even train how to kill them.

Oh, I totally agree.  I'm just wondering what they need militant training, and to be weaponized. Do they have a plan? an enemy to attack or defend from? What's the point of all those guns and weapons otherwise? If their claims about their crisis assistance are real, then those situations really don't require guns. And since they are technically civilians the heavy artillery would probably get them in a lot of legal trouble.  Like, trying to fly down to haiti to offer assistance with a bunch of kids and guns is probably not going to work out.  I just find it really worrisome that they feel the need to add weapons to their overall training. Especially in light of the hate and fear they indoctrinate with.

1 minute ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Oh, I totally agree.  I'm just wondering what they need militant training, and to be weaponized. Do they have a plan? an enemy to attack or defend from? What's the point of all those guns and weapons otherwise? If their claims about their crisis assistance are real, then those situations really don't require guns. And since they are technically civilians the heavy artillery would probably get them in a lot of legal trouble.  Like, trying to fly down to haiti to offer assistance with a bunch of kids and guns is probably not going to work out.  I just find it really worrisome that they feel the need to add weapons to their overall training. Especially in light of the hate and fear they indoctrinate with.

They could be treating it like a military because of the sense of conformity and being trained to always follow authority, like Gothard!Jesus wants. Not discounting what you're saying, but they may also be working under that line of thinking as well.

24 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I think they try to lure those young men into thinking that they are really tough guys who are just as legit as those cool soldiers in the real army. Otherwise, some of the young men would probably rebell more, but if they get to have weapons, the pogramm won't feel so much like the joke it really is. And I also believe that certain parts of the US population really, really love to show off their weapons (just look at all the pics of the Duggars posing with them), it's part of their "culture".

The difference between the people who send their children to ALERT camps and those who send their children to ISIS Sharia camps (this is actually a thing in ISIS territory) is that the former accept the liberal democratic political process, even if they think it's been overrun by secularists, feminists, LGBT people, and other assorted rabble. ISIS fundamentally wants to end the political order that was imposed on the former Ottoman Empire at the end of World War I, while ATIers want to return the US to some mythical state that only existed in David Barton's writings but not end democracy as we know it. ATIers also don't need to resort to terrorism, because many mainstream conservatives already agree with much of what they believe, and some moderate Christians will even go along with them, depending on the issue. Our situation in the US is more like a country like Malaysia, which is very modern and diverse, but also very religious. While peaceful Salafi groups are quite common in Malaysia, armed jihadi groups of the ISIS variety are not. I would say that ATIers use the institutional violence of the family unit, the churches, and the legal system, which can be even more difficult to root out than terrorism, because most Americans are inclined to think these institutions are automatically benign without seeing the hidden potential for oppression, while terrorism is quite obviously violent and damaging.

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The difference between the people who send their children to ALERT camps and those who send their children to ISIS Sharia camps (this is actually a thing in ISIS territory) is that the former accept the liberal democratic political process, even if they think it's been overrun by secularists, feminists, LGBT people, and other assorted rabble. ISIS fundamentally wants to end the political order that was imposed on the former Ottoman Empire at the end of World War I, while ATIers want to return the US to some mythical state that only existed in David Barton's writings but not end democracy as we know it. ATIers also don't need to resort to terrorism, because many mainstream conservatives already agree with much of what they believe, and some moderate Christians will even go along with them, depending on the issue. Our situation in the US is more like a country like Malaysia, which is very modern and diverse, but also very religious. While peaceful Salafi groups are quite common in Malaysia, armed jihadi groups of the ISIS variety are not. I would say that ATIers use the institutional violence of the family unit, the churches, and the legal system, which can be even more difficult to root out than terrorism, because most Americans are inclined to think these institutions are automatically benign without seeing the hidden potential for oppression, while terrorism is quite obviously violent and damaging.

Good points, Cleopatra. 

I just think it couldn't hurt to keep an eye on these people. 

I'm thinking of situations like the David Koresh debacle in the 90s, and the Rajneeshee (sp?) bioterror attack in Oregon in the 80s, all that militia nonsense that went on in the 90s. You can never be sure what the end game is for groups like this. People are capable of some pretty crazy stuff.

So, can anyone off the street join ALERT? For some reason i thought it was ati/gothard's only. But could joe smoe sign up, or sign up his unruly 18 yr old? Is it another entrance point into the cult like the seminars?

I'm a few pages behind so this may have been answered , but my mom mentioned that one of her tennis friends sent their kid to ALERT for discipline and met Boob at the graduation type thing and he offered to pay for this person's son to stay longer. I don't think they were affiliated with Gothard because it doesn't seem very popular in SC but who knows.

On 3/30/2016 at 8:24 AM, Howl said:

So, what--exactly--is all this paramilitary training for? To help out the Godly only in times of natural disasters (a la BRADRICK!)? To be the super l33t strike force that will roll out during the Tribulation? What? Inquiring minds want to know?

3 minutes ago, raisingthebarre94 said:

but my mom mentioned that one of her tennis friends sent their kid to ALERT for discipline and met Boob at the graduation type thing and he offered to pay for this person's son to stay longer.

:56247953c05d2_32(6):Woah...that's really interesting. Was there an explanation for why he wanted to do that?

22 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:
:56247953c05d2_32(6):Woah...that's really interesting. Was there an explanation for why he wanted to do that?

I'm not sure. My mom really loves the Duggars so it was told as a "wow look how nice and generous this family is in real life !!" Story.

3 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

So, what--exactly--is all this paramilitary training for? To help out the Godly only in times of natural disasters (a la BRADRICK!)? To be the super l33t strike force that will roll out during the Tribulation? What? Inquiring minds want to know?

The required reading is 1 Peter, which is about being ready for the End Times.

The blurb on the site makes out that they do a lot of helping in natural disasters, and there is a list of Tornado-response type things they have sent their cadets out to help with.

It looks like Scouts Bob-a -Job Week stuff to me but with bootcamp and bible study thrown in, instead of bonfires and a round of Ging Gang Goolie.  

ETA: I wonder if this Alert blog update is an April Fool joke or a result of SOTDRT education?!

Friday, April 1, 2016

Unit 55 PT Test

Posted in Basic Training, Captain’s Report, News Updates, Training | No comments 

Unit 55 Partakes in their first Physical Training Test. In order to become ALERT Responders the men must pass this test before the end of Basic Training. They must be able to complete the following: 42 Push-up’s in Two Minuets, 52 Sit-up’s in Two Minuets, and Run Two Miles in 15:54.

It sounds like they might have invited Erin Bates along to give piano accompaniment while they train. 

Push-ups are the Godly alternative to dancing!

On 3/28/2016 at 11:46 AM, devoe364 said:

I fell down the hole and found this:

Yeah this isn't creepy or weird at all. 

____3. Do you have any tattoos on your body or, are you considering obtaining one before coming to ALERT? No If one is obtained before you come to Basic Training or during any portion of your training at ALERT, whether visible or not, or this information is falsified your training with ALERT will be terminated. Yes Where is it located on your body? ______________________________________________________

Am I missing something? I've read this over and over and and can't figure out the whole grammatical question here...do you have any tattoos on your body..uh where else would you put 'em?..answer No if one is obtained before you come to training? Who writes this?

4. Which of the following have applied, or do apply, to your life? Past Present If in the past, how long has it been since you participated?

Pornograph

Kinda speaks for itself...though I did have a pornograph when I was younger and played my records on it...:pb_lol:

I'm going to take a SWAG (Severe Wild Ass Guess) and say while the surface it says to be prepared for disaster yada yada yada, it is really because they think the end times will bring about all sorts of ebil that requires defending against (think Left Behind).  (Which makes me seriously wonder about their end times eschatology and what 'camp' they fall into regarding when the rapture happens)

Archived