IGNORED

Paroled from Jesus jail: Josh comes home - part 14

Boogalou

Interesting theology. They have a surpressive, child abusing cult which they succesfully market through cable TV. And they think the devil wants to destroy that? If I was the devil, I'd leave them to it and spend my time enticing mr Pearl to write another book. 

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I have to say, when you start blaming the devil, you are at the bottom of the barrel for excuses.

It's right up there with blaming the president for your son being a trashy girlfriend-beater.

2 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I have to say, when you start blaming the devil, you are at the bottom of the barrel for excuses.

Blaming the Devil lets people avoid taking responsibility for their own actions.

14 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

At the very least, surely Josh knew that having sex is the major cause of pregnancy.  I wonder if he would have considered a pregnancy resulting from his adultery to be a gift or a blessing from God?

I have been wondering if Joshie's love child would be the only thing that might make Anna leave him. Or maybe an abortion payed by Joshie? Because I'm 100% sure that's what he would do if he got some lady pregnant. Based on her IG, Anna is fiercely against abortion. She used to post anti-choice pictures every other day. If the rumors are true and she's been going to gym to get fit to please her Earthly Lord, then I'm sure nothing else than an abortion (even her husband's illegitimate child's) will make her see the light. Unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I have been wondering if Joshie's love child would be the only thing that might make Anna leave him. Or maybe an abortion payed by Joshie? Because I'm 100% sure that's what he would do if he got some lady pregnant. Based on her IG, Anna is fiercely against abortion. She used to post anti-choice pictures every other day. If the rumors are true and she's been going to gym to get fit to please her Earthly Lord, then I'm sure nothing else than an abortion (even her husband's illegitimate child's) will make her see the light. Unfortunately.

Please her Earthly Lord. That is great. Just great. 

12 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Hey ladies!  This guy's single and according to his father, ready to mingle!  Can't imagine why he hasn't been snapped up yet.

Both your anecdotes about how you and your family lovingly cared for your grandmother in the midst of her Alzheimer's made me get something in my eye.  I have an adult sister with Down's Syndrome and she is going senile.  It is very sad because she has lost much of her enjoyment in life and I think spends much of her time in sort of a fog of confusion.  She does like making a short list most days, which mostly say "Dr. Pepper" or "diet Pepsi" or "Subway" (her favorite treats).  How thoughtful of you and your family to find ways to make your grandmother feel useful and occupied.

These posts just about made me cry. My mom is almost 90, and has dementia. It's not severe, but still she is a shadow of her former self, except for her loving heart which is unchanged. She instilled my love of reading in me, and although she no longer reads (I read to her), she can still do word search puzzles, which she loves. Her very active mental life when she was younger had definitely benefitted her now. 

She'd be shaken up by an abortion, but who knows if she would believe it. If a woman came to her and told her about aborting Josh's love child, Anna could go into denial and pretend it was a lie. Or, if she believed it, she would place all the blame on the woman.

I must say, though, I think Anna has been brainwashed far too many times to leave Josh. When I first heard about the Ashley Madison hack, I thought she would leave him right away. After all, cheating on your spouse is wrong and sinful. But then we learned Anna is staying and people, both online and in real life, have been encouraging her to stick to the marriage. If she hasn't left now, after the child molestation and the cheating, she won't in any other circumstance. 

4 minutes ago, season of life said:

She'd be shaken up by an abortion, but who knows if she would believe it. If a woman came to her and told her about aborting Josh's love child, Anna could go into denial and pretend it was a lie. Or, if she believed it, she would place all the blame on the woman.

I must say, though, I think Anna has been brainwashed far too many times to leave Josh. When I first heard about the Ashley Madison hack, I thought she would leave him right away. After all, cheating on your spouse is wrong and sinful. But then we learned Anna is staying and people, both online and in real life, have been encouraging her to stick to the marriage. If she hasn't left now, after the child molestation and the cheating, she won't in any other circumstance. 

Anna stated that she made her marriage vows first to God and secondly to Josh.  She's not going to divorce God, which means she can't divorce Josh.  She will never idolize him like she used to and she may not love him anymore, but she won't divorce Josh and will try for more babies.  Having as many babies as humanly possible are part of the marriage vows she took, too, as well as "being joyfully available" for sex.

3 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

It's kinda like a five year old blaming their imaginary friend for eating the last of the sweets.

20 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

It's kinda like a five year old blaming their imaginary friend for eating the last of the sweets.

Oh, come on, we all know that really happens!!! Ha ha ha. Cute. 

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Oh, come on, we all know that really happens!!! Ha ha ha. Cute. 

I guess now we know at what age it stops being cute :kitty-wink:

11 hours ago, Hera said:

Wasn't that Derrick? 

Crap! I didn't even think of that. I completely forgot Derick may have been somewhat normal before. Though...I have to wonder just HOW normal he could have been if he sought out JB as a prayer partner.

32 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Crap! I didn't even think of that. I completely forgot Derick may have been somewhat normal before. Though...I have to wonder just HOW normal he could have been if he sought out JB as a prayer partner.

I've been saying that since day 1. JB as prayer partner. Missionary. Fell for Jill. Of course he turned out to be garbage.

I remember Jill saying she was in love with someone she hadn't met. Kind of reminded me of my niece who was in love with Donny Osmond. She was 10.

Donny Osmond was a cute wholesome singer in the early 70s for you young people here.

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

well, maybe being faced with an illegitimate child might put the whole abortion thing in a different perspective for her.

36 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I remember Jill saying she was in love with someone she hadn't met. Kind of reminded me of my niece who was in love with Donny Osmond. She was 10.

Donny Osmond was a cute wholesome singer in the early 70s for you young people here.

I pretty much fell in love with my husband before we met in person. The difference being I was able to talk to him one-on-one as much as I liked without siblings or parents listening in.

I never really believed that Jill loved someone she'd never "met' . By then, weren't they skyping? I was pretty sure there was face time going on long before the plane to Nepal took off! I'd say they'd "met!"

I can see Jill in love with someone she never met in person. I think Jill would have been in love with anyone Jim Bob pointed out to her. Isn't she the one who said that her Dad would know what the girls want in a man or something to that effect? Jill would be madly in love with Ben if Jim Bob told her he was the one. She is in love with Jim Bob's idea of Godly love. It's why I never thought that Jill and Derrick were some great love story, soul mates or a perfect match. You could have inserted anyone in the male courtship slot and Jill would have been in love with them because Jim Bob thought they were a good match. I don't think at any point would Jill have said that Derrick wasn't the one for her. Why turns down the man they believe God sent to them?

Derick is a very naive man, in my opinion. He wasn't raised the same way the Duggar children were. He has had many opportunities in the form of extracurricular activities and college. Despite his normal upbringing, he chooses to unify with a family that is dangerous and deceitful. 

Pickles made The Inquistor again.

She got a "like" on one of her comments concerning not trusting Josh from the Holt family. I'm posting the link, but mods, please take it down if it is not appropriate.

Spoiler

57 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I never really believed that Jill loved someone she'd never "met' . By then, weren't they skyping? I was pretty sure there was face time going on long before the plane to Nepal took off! I'd say they'd "met!"

She's never met Jesus either. They believe all the fairytales Jim Boob and Michelle tell them.

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

He may have seen the ol' JB as master of all things Holy; but just a side thought (and probably not true) - maybe he thought he could get some big cash donations?

28 minutes ago, Furbabies said:

Pickles made The Inquistor again.

She got a "like" on one of her comments concerning not trusting Josh from the Holt family. I'm posting the link, but mods, please take it down if it is not appropriate.

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

WOw. The comments at the end of the article are a lot more speculative than we allow here.

1 hour ago, season of life said:

Derick is a very naive man, in my opinion. He wasn't raised the same way the Duggar children were. He has had many opportunities in the form of extracurricular activities and college. Despite his normal upbringing, he chooses to unify with a family that is dangerous and deceitful. 

I always felt that something triggered in him after his father's death that had him turn to religion. 

• Criscat locked this topic

Archived