IGNORED

Paroled from Jesus jail: Josh comes home - part 14

Boogalou

11 minutes ago, artdecades said:

1. I don't think JD compared Josh to the Devil. I think it was more of the same that Josh said about Satan's fortress. It totally suggests lack of responsibility.

2. We always knew JD was an idiot but now we know he is also a smug, sexist asshole. Good job JD.

3. It disgusts me that they are pushing the story that Josh won't be part of the series. Just because we won't see him doesn't mean he won't be part of it. First of all, Anna's entire storyline revolves around Josh so we know he is going to be an unseen supporting character. Secondly, anyone who knows anything about the Duggar beliefs know that Anna's appearance on the show is enabled by Josh and financially benefits Josh. Oh, we won't see him but he still gets paid. Lastly, if this show continues forever, as the Duggars hope it does, they can't keep Josh hidden forever. What happens when Anna gets pregnant with M5? Are they going to act like she is a single mother announcing the jender alone? No. Josh will be there, greasy and sleazy as ever.

I wouldn't call him an asshole, i don't see malice in him. I think he is just a sexist moron

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I'd go as far to call him an asshole just based on the laundry thing. I mean...he was raised to think it's a woman's job. And he seems his sisters smiling through it all so he probably just assumed they liked it. If anything, he's just kind of dumb about the whole thing.

That comment about the laundry shows JD's naivety.  He said 'the girls like doing laundry, at least I think they do' with a little laugh.  Doubt he'll start doing his own though even though none of the girls raised their hand when asked who likes to do the laundry.  He did raise his hand when Paula asked who still lives at home, so that should put that question to rest for now.

I hate that they're getting any airtime.  

That interview implies that JD is still living in the TTH, which is contrary to the FJ speculation train.  

Since we kind of know that JD has some/one property/ies......I just wonder if he gets to personally keep the money from renting those properties if he still lives at the TTH. Just wonderin'

We don't know how often JD is actually sleeping at home, since he flies a lot & recent profiles have said he's been "volunteering" at the Alert Academy in Big Sandy. If he is renting out his little house, I also hope he gets to keep the rent.

One of the quotes from the GMA interview is "The devil tried to take our family down...the devil took his best shot..." These people are delusional. JOSH is a bad person. MICHELLE and JIMBOB are bad parents. The devil has nothing to do with this. :my_confused:

16 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

I wish I was told this. It would saved me 2 and a half years of a terrible marriage, a really sad divorce and 10 years total being with the guy. I was 16 when we met, 21 when we started living together, 23 when I got married and by the time I was Anna's age (am I right in thinking she's 27ish?) I was divorced.

It was hard enough doing this even though we had no children to worry, I've got a good education/work experience and a huge support network that do not think that divorce is ebil or the end of the world. I cannot imagine being in Anna's situation, I just really want to give her a hug and tell her whatever she is feeling is ok.

Telling people doesn't always help. Sometimes we just have to learn the hard way. But I'm glad  you got out young. 

1 minute ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

One of the quotes from the GMA interview is "The devil tried to take our family down...the devil took his best shot..." These people are delusional. JOSH is a bad person. MICHELLE and JIMBOB are bad parents. The devil has nothing to do with this. :my_confused:

The fundies (including some relations of mine) talk about Jesus and the devil the way I talk about my family and friends. 

I don't think they realize how odd it sounds to many of us. 

And of course, personal responsibility is not an issue. ever. That;s the benefit of blaming everything on the devil.

3 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Laundry is my favorite household chore.  But, I'm not normal.    :BLAZER:

Didn't watch and don't have a TV but good for Robin, giving them grief about being on TV and trying to hide the molestation!

Thank you for the recap, @Diggingupdirt.  :clap:

You made me laugh. It was my mother's favorite chore, except for ironing. She now has Alzheimer's and is in a/an LTC facility. At her last care meeting, a team member asked how they could improve her quality of life and she told them to let her go help in the laundry for a few hours a day. 

On 3/12/2016 at 7:45 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I really wish someone would sit her down and tell her what so many women and girls need to be told (and I needed to be told): you are not his mommy, you are not his therapist, you cannot change him. Only he can change himself. And if he doesn't want to change or pull his weight in getting his shit together, it's time to cut your losses. He is not your problem and his problems are not your fault.

So much yes! I spent a year and a half paying all of my ex's bills - all of them. I needed to learn this, and should have learned this much younger.

That said, Anna may know all of those things - by the time I hit my breaking point, I was fully aware of all the things you mentioned, but he managed to stay another 3 months because I thought I needed him. If Anna feels she still NEEDS Josh, she may stay, despite knowing that it isn't her fault or responsibility. I did. 

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

anyone who knows anything about the Duggar beliefs know that Anna's appearance on the show is enabled by Josh and financially benefits Josh.

YES! I was going to post the same thing (but not as eloquently). However they play it, if Anna is on the show, it means Josh's household is still on the TLC payroll.

It's only a matter of time before we have the 'Here's Joshie' moment (if only I was good at photoshop)

The-Shining-008.jpg

On 3/13/2016 at 6:19 AM, NeverQuivered said:

I think that's a lesson most girls learn in their twenties, but hopefully we aren't married to him, let alone spawned four times, so we can make a clean getaway. 

I didn't learn this until 34... but I always was a late bloomer. 

This may not be the exact right spot, but the Duggar spawn were spruiking on GMA today. 

After the "interview" clip of the older Duggars getting ready to Count On, and several confirmations that Anna but NOT Joshley would be in the upcoming series, Robin Roberts was clearly aghast (in her lovely tactful way) that the Duggars & especially Anna were going back on TV after the multiple sex scandals.   

From the Hollywood Gossip web site:

Host Robin Roberts no doubt spoke for many viewers when she referenced the family's history of dishonesty and past efforts to "sweep this under the rug."

Being gay, I would imagine there is no love lost on Robin's part for the Duggar brand of Christianity. 

On 3/13/2016 at 0:38 PM, CoveredInBees said:

Well, hopefully, yes.

When it comes down to it, if he's willing to break is vows re: being faithful, then I daresay he's willing to break his vows re: birth control.

I doubt he was trying to have children with these women, and I doubt they were trying to have children with him. I would say his partners would have been more worldly wise women that have multiple partners and know the importance of safe sex (I still hope Anna has been tested though).

But who knows what really goes through the mind of Josh Duggar?

I hope that you are correct, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he views women as incubators just achin' for him to impregnate... to the point that he would eschew birth control. I mean... it can be tempting to ignore it even WITHOUT the screwed up religious context.

Maybe he thought he could just pray the pregnancy risk away, or that any woman would joyfully and submissively carry his baby to term then put it up for adoption. The hubris/narcissism is so strong with him.

All of that said, I personally believe that Anna would have been tested by now. In the beginning of the AM fallout, it seems like she humored the idea of leaving Josh, if ever so slightly. Maybe a negative STD test was *clearly* God saying that she should stay. 

1 hour ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

You made me laugh. It was my mother's favorite chore, except for ironing. She now has Alzheimer's and is in a/an LTC facility. At her last care meeting, a team member asked how they could improve her quality of life and she told them to let her go help in the laundry for a few hours a day. 

When my Grandmother was alive and had Alzheimers, we bought a bunch of towels, washcloths and kitchen towels and she would happily sit for hours folding the same thing over and over.

8 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

When my Grandmother was alive and had Alzheimers, we bought a bunch of towels, washcloths and kitchen towels and she would happily sit for hours folding the same thing over and over.

Thanks, good point. I can probably find something for her that will make her feel useful.  

I also gave her 5x7 index cards and ask her to write out all her recipes for me. She loved doing that, even tho they didn't make a bit of sense. I also gave her bits of fabric and ask her to "quilt" a square for me. They were a mess, but she did it. I have to admit, I saved them.

2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

The Devil is a trinity:  Josh, Michelle and Jim Bob.

4 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Laundry is my favorite household chore.  But, I'm not normal.    :BLAZER:

Didn't watch and don't have a TV but good for Robin, giving them grief about being on TV and trying to hide the molestation!

Thank you for the recap, @Diggingupdirt.  :clap:

I love doing laundry. I hate folding laundry. My life is a little wrinkly.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

We don't know how often JD is actually sleeping at home, since he flies a lot & recent profiles have said he's been "volunteering" at the Alert Academy in Big Sandy. If he is renting out his little house, I also hope he gets to keep the rent.

In the Duggar official blog a couple years ago, Michelle mentioned that JD was renting out a house he owns to save up money.

1 hour ago, devoe364 said:

So much yes! I spent a year and a half paying all of my ex's bills - all of them. I needed to learn this, and should have learned this much younger.

That said, Anna may know all of those things - by the time I hit my breaking point, I was fully aware of all the things you mentioned, but he managed to stay another 3 months because I thought I needed him. If Anna feels she still NEEDS Josh, she may stay, despite knowing that it isn't her fault or responsibility. I did. 

I think Anna probably feels like she needs Josh for many things.

I remember in an episode, I think an anniversary special, she says something like "At least I have a husband. I could be working AND having to take out the trash." It was bizarre and sad.

4 hours ago, anotherone said:

You may think differently if it were your brother's :)  It still bugged me that he said they enjoyed doing laundry with such a straight face.  It's crystal clear they still have absolutely no idea that the girls are separate human beings.

<snip>

Oh, they recognize them as "separate". -- definitely a different, distinct and separate, type of human being who enjoys serving and submitting.   And absolutely not equal.  :kitty-wink:

Twiddle muffs are great for Alzheimer's patients. We knit them at church to donate.

images.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

If they're blaming the Devil, but choose to forgive, does that mean they've forgiven the Devil?

So full of it.

Maybe they are forgiving the person who was not "strong" enough to fight off the devil. Although, if it is the devil's fault, then the person should not have to be forgiven. It's easier to blame the devil than to admit that the family member you love is a fuck-up.

"The devil made him do it" is such a weird way to look at it.  The devil didn't overtake Josh's body, possess him and make him act. Josh did that.  He's responsible for those choices, devil or not.  Substitute "devil" with "temptation" and the result is still the same.  Josh didn't accidentally create not one, not two, but three(!!) dating websites.  He didn't accidentally get a "money back guarantee" on an affair, either.  And even if the devil built a fortress in his heart (or, you know temptation and curiosity got the better of him), he still made the choice to act on it.  

• Criscat locked this topic

Archived