IGNORED

Paroled from Jesus jail: Josh comes home - part 14

Boogalou

I can't imagine they'd find a new wife within days/weeks though. Maybe some poor unmarried sisters would get shipped off to help - but then they'd be under a grown man's roof who wasn't their father/husband. Tricky!

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

Well, there is a fundie family I stumbled upon on FB ( cannot think of their name). His wife died along with their 7th/8th child in childbirth. Less than SEVEN months later, he has married a widow with I think 4 kids. So that's what happens, the poor kids are left grieving and adjusting to a new parent and siblings.

What a fucker.

19 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Well, there is a fundie family I stumbled upon on FB ( cannot think of their name). His wife died along with their 7th/8th child in childbirth. Less than SEVEN months later, he has married a widow with I think 4 kids. So that's what happens, the poor kids are left grieving and adjusting to a new parent and siblings.

How wrong!!  That's way to fast!!  Do u know if this couple had more kids. 

And they are pregnant now as well...she brought three to the marriage not four but the crazy still stands. And I am not one to tell someone how to grieve but for a culture that is supposed to cherish women as mothers and wives the fact that this guy just found a replacement breeder is sad to me. His name is Michael Swadley fwiw.

19 minutes ago, aurora_boo said:

I can't imagine they'd find a new wife within days/weeks though. Maybe some poor unmarried sisters would get shipped off to help - but then they'd be under a grown man's roof who wasn't their father/husband. Tricky!

Unless she was a desperate uneducated mother with no job skills and no way to support her quiver since her husband died. 

Given the value, or lack thereof, placed on women in this culture, the ridiculously fast remarriage isn't too surprising. I know when my mother was at death's door after giving birth to my brother (I was six), I was told that my Mum would probably die, and that it wasnt reasonable to expect my father to take care of me by himself. My grandmother even took me to an actual 'children's home' aka an orphanage to look around and told me a story of a little girl who had been made an inmate after her mother died. In the story, her father remarried and then came with her 'new mummy' to the home and fetched her out. Implication being that was what would happen to me. It was pretty frightening. Thankfully, my mother survived (unfortunately, my grandmother remained a heinous b*tch) and I wasn't sent away. All I can say is that my heart is breaking for those poor kids. It has to be horrible to loose a parent, and then to acquire a step parent plus step sibs so quickly after. They would hardly have time to process it all...

6 minutes ago, Hera said:

Unless she was a desperate uneducated mother with no job skills and no way to support her quiver since her husband died. 

If Jim Bob goes first, I don't think anyone would marry Michelle. I hope he has a good life insurance policy.

Just now, DuggarWatch said:

If Jim Bob goes first, I don't think anyone would marry Michelle. I hope he has a good life insurance policy.

Right? And she's still going to have minor children for 12 years, not to mention a dozen or so non- minor but unemployable ones. 

I worked with a guy once whose wife died of a staph infection. He met, married, and had a baby with wife #2 before the 1 yr anniversary of the 1st one's death. It was shockingly fast. Rumor had it that he was on the internet "meeting" women before the 1st wife's funeral.

1 minute ago, snickerz said:

I worked with a guy once whose wife died of a staph infection. He met, married, and had a baby with wife #2 before the 1 yr anniversary of the 1st one's death. It was shockingly fast. Rumor had it that he was on the internet "meeting" women before the 1st wife's funeral.

That's horrible!!! Did he have any children with his first wife?  

There were 2 or 3 kids with the first wife, around 5-8 yrs old or so. I don't know whatever happened to the family after the new baby was born, though.

I have a family member who brought his new girlfriend to his wife's funeral. He was an ass long before that, but that really took the cake.

On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 10:54 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I can't wait to see the first photo of Josh. I hope he looks like crap. Yeah, I'm mean. I don't care.

Gosh. I hope he didn't gain weight and get acne 

10 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Jim Bob's father was not an atheist and was a member of a Baptist church all of his life.

Jim Bob was always angry at his father because he sometimes had financial difficulties (not a good reason to be angry, in my opinion).  Still, his father paid for an expensive, Christian private school for Jim Bob, which is way better than the education Jim Bob provided for his kids. Tuition in that high school is $8,640 per year. http://www.shilohsaints.org/admissions/tuition/standard-rate/ 

It was Jim Bob's father who taught him the real estate business and the used car business.  http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=33774692

Yet, Jim Bob allowed his daughters to bad mouth their grandfather in their Growing Up Duggar book.

Jim Bob only cares about the commandment "Honor thy father" when he's the father being honored by his children.  

What an ungrateful bastard. 

2 hours ago, missegeno said:

I have a family member who brought his new girlfriend to his wife's funeral. He was an ass long before that, but that really took the cake.

That's horrible!!!  What an absolute ass!! 

I've been to a strip club that serves breakfast until 11am. And shockingly good steak after that. :-)

Yeah what is it with strip clubs having a reputation for good steaks? When I worked for a local cab company the office woman was all yeah I will go with my husband to strip clubs for the good priced steaks. Then again I live in a part of the country where this type of admission is treated with indifference.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:16 AM, HereticHick said:

Oh F**k you, JD. Do your own damn laundry.

Show me a normal homo sapien who ENJOYS doing laundry.

giving @HereticHick a million likes!  and leaving you with...

maxresdefault.jpg

6 hours ago, Marissap said:

You know if JB died, there would be so many people doing a gofundme for the duggars so fast. 

And many suckers people would be donating to it.

5 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

What did the girls say about their grandpa in the book that was bad??

I'm really curious about this too! I've contemplated buying it on iBooks before just out of curiosity, but damned if I'm gonna spend $18.99 on that book. If it gets below $10 I'll think about it......

On March 11, 2016 at 10:33 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Nothing fixes an unsalvageable marriage like a Band-Aid Baby!

Had one!  When I  questioned the ex as to why we tried for a baby he said I thought It would make things better. I replied it never does. Smash cut to 15 year old mighty pissed off son who wants little to do with his dad. Sitting through therapy with the ex to "fix" the teen.  

Still waiting on that post-rehab Josh pic. 

Right? I'm absolutely loving for this. It is true I need a new hobby :-p

1 minute ago, Peas n carrots said:

Right? I'm absolutely loving for this. It is true I need a new hobby :-p

I'm just curious as to what he looks like after the stress. I would be unnerved to see a thin Josh after all those pictures of him as a chubby dude.

• Criscat locked this topic

Archived