IGNORED

Paroled from Jesus jail: Josh comes home - part 14

Boogalou

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I wonder that also. I'm sure the M kids wondered where dad was.  I'm also wonder how they were when they had to get out if the DC area so fast. 

They're probably used to having cameras in their faces and having to do things on short notice.  I think the change they would have picked up on (when leaving DC and after Ashley Madison hit the fan) was stressed parent vibes and other people not looking as friendly or as happy as they used to.

I suspect they've done all right.  They must have asked where Josh was, why he left, and whether/when he'd be back, and were no doubt told something reassuring.  They also had over a dozen aunts and uncles and other assorted relatives to play with and otherwise get positive attention from.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

They're probably used to having cameras in their faces and having to do things on short notice.  I think the change they would have picked up on (when leaving DC and after Ashley Madison hit the fan) was stressed parent vibes and other people not looking as friendly or as happy as they used to.

I suspect they've done all right.  They must have asked where Josh was, why he left, and whether/when he'd be back, and were no doubt told something reassuring.  They also had over a dozen aunts and uncles and other assorted relatives to play with and otherwise get positive attention from.

I think it also depends on what kind of relationship they had with Josh before he left. If he never really spend much time playing and interacting with his kids, and left it all up to Anna, then I don't think that they've missed him that much. But if he does have a close relationship to his kids, 6 months without him must have been really hard for them.

I think that's one of the good things about Anna staying at the TTH.  Kenzie and Micheal (or Marcus - the older boy - I get them confused) had infinite access to aunties of similar age to play with.  They weren't bored.  They weren't stuck in a house with an emotional mother with adults occasionally coming by to help/have whispered grown up conversations.  

They were part of a big stimulating family, with non grieving adults present- because yes Jana, JD etc would have been pissed at Josh but not to Anna's level (and they already knew he was a douche, so couldn't have been too surprised), and other kids for entertainment and to minimise the isolation they would have felt if Anna had single mummed it (even for those 6 months). 

37 minutes ago, Sundaymorning said:

I think it also depends on what kind of relationship they had with Josh before he left. If he never really spend much time playing and interacting with his kids, and left it all up to Anna, then I don't think that they've missed him that much. But if he does have a close relationship to his kids, 6 months without him must have been really hard for them.

Well none of the kids probably wondered that much when JB and M would leave on all those speaking engagements.  Maybe J and Anna are having the same kind of example, but in this case only Josh (Anna seems close to the kids.)

As to payment for the show, TLC tends to pay families just one check and it's up to the family to dole it out. Reality shows are not like scripted shows where everyone has to receive a check for appearing, i.e. Friends/relatives of Jon & Kate being upset that they were not paid for their appearances. It is likely that Jim Bob or his company gets the check and then doles out how much he believes they should get. More of an allowance than a paycheck. I wonder if Jessa and Ben even file taxes. As whatever the family is receiving is likely to be below what Jim Bob was previously receiving, since the Duggars likely had no other tv show options, I would think that they amount anyone either than Jim Bob/Michelle gets is probably not enough to go out on their own or stray from the family. 

4 hours ago, socalrules said:

As to payment for the show, TLC tends to pay families just one check and it's up to the family to dole it out. Reality shows are not like scripted shows where everyone has to receive a check for appearing, i.e. Friends/relatives of Jon & Kate being upset that they were not paid for their appearances. It is likely that Jim Bob or his company gets the check and then doles out how much he believes they should get. More of an allowance than a paycheck. I wonder if Jessa and Ben even file taxes. As whatever the family is receiving is likely to be below what Jim Bob was previously receiving, since the Duggars likely had no other tv show options, I would think that they amount anyone either than Jim Bob/Michelle gets is probably not enough to go out on their own or stray from the family. 

When cousin Amy's agent was negotiating with TLC for Amy to star in her own spin-off series, Amy was going to be paid $20,000 per episode and supporting characters (her mom Deanna and grandma Mary) were to receive $6,000 per episode. When all of the kids were minors, it was often suggested that Michelle and Jim Bob were paid up to $40,000 per episode for themselves and the entire family of minor children.  It is assumed that Josh and Anna were paid separately for their appearances, as well as the other older children when they reached 18.

The way the new show is being advertised, Jill and Jessa are the main characters and the six other older kids plus Derick and Ben are the supporting characters.  If the total budget for show is about $40,000, my guess is that Jill and Jessa receive 10,000 per show and the eight others (plus Anna when she appears) receive $2,500.  (This might be on the high side because of the loss of major advertisers.)  Other people who might appear on a show, like when all the Duggars showed up at Jessa's place for dinner, probably didn't receive any money but had to sign a waiver to be filmed.

They don't get paid for reruns or for episodes in which they do not appear or are never aired.  TLC ordered 10 episodes for the first series, so the money adds up fast and further traps the kids in the reality TV lifestyle and lack of motivation to find careers.  In addition, because they are on TV, they will sometimes earn money from outside speaking engagements and appearances.

The only good news is that Jim Bob and Michelle have been cut from the cast, although they may receive some money when the pool house (which they might own) or their family home is used for filming.  

I wonder if they pay taxes. $12,500 for the Seewalds and Duggars per show is pretty good. $2,500 for the kidults is nothing to be sneezed at. It would make me happy if JB and M got nothing, other than their ugly mugs on tv.

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I wonder if they pay taxes. $12,500 for the Seewalds and Duggars per show is pretty good. $2,500 for the kidults is nothing to be sneezed at. It would make me happy if JB and M got nothing, other than their ugly mugs on tv.

Of course they have to pay taxes.  Everybody does.

I don't pay taxes, too poor, but not poor enough for benefits like food stamps.

$10,000 an episode with 8 episodes...they are definitely paying taxes on that.

What surprises me is that there hasn't even been one long telephoto shot of Josh. Where on earth is he, and do they intend to keep him indoors forever?

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

What surprises me is that there hasn't even been one long telephoto shot of Josh. Where on earth is he, and do they intend to keep him indoors forever?

Hope springs eternal. We shall get one soon maybe.

He's probably getting extremely vitamin d deficient by now. I can't believe no pics yet. Easter predictions might be true

I have thought he may have drastically changed his look. Growing a beard, shaving his head, etc.  I know beards are frowned apon but am sure they've got a waiver. He may be walking amongst us. 

12 minutes ago, Quivering Uterus said:

I have thought he may have drastically changed his look. Growing a beard, shaving his head, etc.  I know beards are frowned apon but am sure they've got a waiver. He may be walking amongst us. 

The place he ran away to in Illinois requires that the men shave everyday and keep their hair trimmed short.  (I think Derick should be sent there.)  Here is a before-and-after picture of a man sent there.

56f2c135153c8_0RU.PNG.9f6d35d4b58c795654

1 minute ago, Quivering Uterus said:

I have thought he may have drastically changed his look. Growing a beard, shaving his head, ect. I know beards are frowned apon but am sure they've got a waiver. He may be walking amongst us. 

I've seen JD and Josh with beards or some kind of day growth and that look doesn't suit them. However, I bet that Josh is clean-shaven, whereever he is, since "looking respectable" is probably seen as the equivalent of being respectable.

He's probably getting extremely vitamin d deficient by now. I can't believe no pics yet. Easter predictions might be true

Resurrection Sunday, indeed.

On 3/11/2016 at 10:02 AM, anotherone said:

For a family that posts every thought on social media - happy birthday from every sibling to every other sibling  I love you so much so glad you are out of rehab, etc etc - you'd think he'd actually have something to say.  Anna I missed you so much, I can't wait to get back home...  Anything at all. Such a wide open forum for him to try to get back in the good graces of the "audience."  So weird that there has not been one peep from him.

I'm not surprised, considering that his sisters, his parents and his wife do all the talking for him.

55 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

The place he ran away to in Illinois requires that the men shave everyday and keep their hair trimmed short.  (I think Derick should be sent there.)  Here is a before-and-after picture of a man sent there.

Jeezus but Derick looks just like the before picture guy! The after guy looks like a Mormon ready for some door-knockin'. lol

1 hour ago, DuggarWatch said:

Ha ha, maybe Derick should be sent there.

Am I alone in thinking the guy on the left looks way better? I mean, if he combed is hair out. He just... I don't know. I don't like the way he looks with short hair and no beard. But to each their own.

The guy on the right looks like one of my nerdy co-workers...minus the face and neck tats.

On the way home today, my DH passed a news stand in the airport & saw a mag. w/JB & M'lle's mug on it so he picked it up for me. It was InTouch, going on about the Joshfuckery causing a "rift" in the family & how M'chelle had a fit at JB "for the first time in 31 years"-all balony madeup. But it did have a small pic. of josh carrying Marcus, who looked to be about 2. There was an escalator in the background, he didn't look that much thinner but not as fat as when he left. So don't know if it was new or old. He had what looked like ID & boarding passes in his hand.

5 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

I really, really want Josh will look exactly like that After photo, hipster glasses and face tats included.

Also, excluding the face tats, this looks like someone reversed the Before and After photos of Derick.

• Criscat locked this topic

Archived