IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell took a plane trip and Mary posts OCC

Seven Severn

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Didn't Sarah say the out of town jaunts were for doing research? Maybe she was puppy shopping. Maybe Ellie will be the star of the next book series.

Good Lord. If a Sarah-penned story with human stars has barely any storyline, a Sarah-penned story with an animal star will have nothing. 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, kpmom said:

Also, a FJer recently posted that she knew Sarah, or knew someone who knew Sarah, and that Sarah was planning a trip that *might* have to do with courting.  I wonder if she was referring to this trip?

Do you recall which thread this was posted in?  I missed this and can't seem to find it! :)

Another post about Ellie, "Doesn't Ellie Melt You?" Well, no, Sarah, Ellie does not melt me.  She is cute and I might smile a bit but I'm not an iceberg and I don't melt.  Also I think an occasional post about Ellie is fine but not every week.

In her post, "Sarah Takes a Trip" she mentions flying out Thursday morning.  That would be the 11th.  The new Ellie post was today, Monday.  I'm assuming the Big Adventure was a long weekend. 

As to Mary's horrendous post...gah!  I would curl up in embarrassment if my 19 year old daughter that I had homeschooled had written that.

17 hours ago, refugee said:

I wanted to ask if Duolingo is a workable approach for learning some conversational language. I'm older, and my language window has mostly closed -- I learned two other languages relatively easily in my high school years, and a third with somewhat more difficulty in college, but my attempts in recent years with several more languages... sheesh, it's a lot of work.

But we have Russian neighbors, and the mom is about my age with lots of grown kids coming and going. She seems really nice, but she speaks almost no English and I speak maybe one or two Russian phrases. I'd really love to connect with her.

My mother started learning her third language when she was 50 (mid-life crisis). She's now 60 and on her 5th foreign language.

Go for it - if it gives you pleasure it's a pretty inexpensive and useful hobby. What do you have to lose? ;)

8 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Another post about Ellie, "Doesn't Ellie Melt You?" Well, no, Sarah, Ellie does not melt me.  She is cute and I might smile a bit but I'm not an iceberg and I don't melt.  Also I think an occasional post about Ellie is fine but not every week.

In her post, "Sarah Takes a Trip" she mentions flying out Thursday morning.  That would be the 11th.  The new Ellie post was today, Monday.  I'm assuming the Big Adventure was a long weekend. 

As to Mary's horrendous post...gah!  I would curl up in embarrassment if my 19 year old daughter that I had homeschooled had written that.

Per this morning's post Joseph  and Ellisa and their baby were flying roughly the same time on the same airline as Sarah, to visit Ellisa's grandparents.  So this raises the question, is Steve using J&E to chaperone the girls or is he sending the girls to watch J&E and report back?  We have noted Ellisa is a bit more worldly than the Maxwells and Mary's post about how she is never alone with her brother  now that he is m is married may echo Steve's concerns. How would Steve react if one of his sons sold his paid for house and moved his business to be nearer his wife's family  or  just to a city with greater opportunities?

This having the girls watch their brother would explain why Mary volunteered at the Denver OCC not the facility less than an hour from their home, and why Sarah suddenly went to visit a friend. 

I think we can rest assured that Sarah didn't fly off on her own. As we had guessed there is plenty of misdirection on the Tits2 blog.

5 minutes ago, salex said:

I think we can rest assured that Sarah didn't fly off on her own. As we had guessed there is plenty of misdirection on the Tits2 blog.

I feel so sad for Sarah that she has to fake her independence.  There is no shame in travelling in a group. I prefer it, even though I have done a lot of independent travel.  Why not just report the situation honestly?  Once readers join the very obvious dots, it just looks sad, and causes us to wonder how much else on the blog is fake.

I doubt very much though that the Max women are being used to spy on their brother.  Joe is clearly the smug golden child of the family.

And how could a woman, so clouded by female emotion, possibly be trusted to report accurately on a man's behaviour?

Okay, looking at the picture Sarah posted of herself on the plan and the picture she posted of the flight attendent with Calia, the chairs are the same and the same fabric is used on the bulkheads. You can also see the Southwest Airlines Logo in the background of the flight attendant pic. 

Now, I've flown Southwest many times and in my experience you get a lot of different chairs and decor for the cabin. YMMV, though. It's possible Sarah just happened to fly on a plane with the same chairs and decor as Joseph, Elisa and Calia. 

However, given everything we know about the Maxwells and the fact that the trips were at the same time, this definitely was not a solo trip for Sarah. 

Elissa is from Kentucky; Tiffany (the friend Sarah was visiting) lives in Kentucky, and knows Elissa - see previous postings in this thread. There's no way Sarah made the trip by herself, "*I* boarded a plane to visit a friend" blog post appearances to the contrary.

Someone needs to remind Stevie, and by extension all the Maxwells, that duplicitous, misleading behavior makes the Baby Jesus cry.

According to the blog post about the trip, Sarah was supposed to fly back today. But who knows?

I’ll be back Tuesday, so it’s a short trip.

Sarah's friend Tiffany knows Elissa. Photos of all of them were posted earlier by another member. Tiffany lives in Kentucky. It makes sense that Sarah was flying with Elissa, Joseph and baby.

Link to 2012 Blog Post talking about Tiffany and includes photo of Elissa sitting next to Teri.

http://blog.titus2.com/2012/10/02/in-kentucky/

On the flight out, Sarah posted a selfie of herself sitting in a middle seat. If I was flying by myself I would pick the middle as the last resort. Is it safe to assume that Elissa and Joe were sitting next to her? Maybe Sarah couldn't take out her laptop on the flight because she was helping to take care of baby Calia.

Since Kansas City, MO is closer to them than Wichita, KS, I assume that they would fly out of Kansas City. According to the Southwest schedule they would have to change planes on the way back from Louisville, KY and on the way there they would either have a spot (no change or planes) or a change of planes.

Sorry Sarah, but I don't consider 3h 40m flight to be a short flight. It's medium to me. Short is like flying from Phoenix to Las Vegas.

I think Sarah would be overwhelmed traveling by herself. My friends who are independent girls out in the real world cannot believe that I am willing to travel by myself.

Maybe Calia was crying during the flight and the flight attendant knew that she was stop once she was being walked. Of course Calia is wearing the standard large flower headband. I hope that she got a pair of wings.

I wish that the Maxwells were truthful. I feel that they are sinning by lying to their blog readers. It's deceitful and God is not going to be happy with you Steve Maxwell.

Regarding the Ellie photos, I love looking at dog photos daily, but their owners spend time and money getting them ready for a photo shoot. Check out Scrappy the Doxie or Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund.

Crusoe even has his own YouTube Channel. Below is Video of Star Wars Wieners.

Spoiler

Ellie is cute and loved, but one photo a day would be enough for me. Sarah should just make Ellie her own Instagram account.

18 hours ago, blessalessi said:

Do you recall which thread this was posted in?  I missed this and can't seem to find it! :)

I don't recall which thread, or the poster, sorry.

It was just basically about an upcoming trip Sarah was to make to visit friends.  IIRC, the poster didn't know if it was a courtship trip, but was putting it out there since we were speculating about the possibility. 

The poster wasn't comfortable giving any more information, which I understand.

I was thinking that in fundy world the females usually don't travel to meet the male, usually the other way around.  But, if Sarah was to have to move there someday, I guess it would make sense that she visit

But, now that we think Joseph and Elissa tagged along, would they  be trusted to chaperone such an important event?

Well, it's all speculation, but interesting to think about.

Wait...the flight attendant was purportedly walking the crying baby around while in flight? I fly a great deal and have flown quite a bit on SW, and have not ever witnessed such. Frankly, I find this story hard to believe. Seems like far too much liability for a crew member, on the clock, to be walking around the cabin with a baby in arms.

So Sarah went along as a babysitter?

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wait...the flight attendant was purportedly walking the crying baby around while in flight? I fly a great deal and have flown quite a bit on SW, and have not ever witnessed such. Frankly, I find this story hard to believe. Seems like far too much liability for a crew member, on the clock, to be walking around the cabin with a baby in arms.

I've seen it, and heard of it happening to others. I imagine as long as the fasten seat belt sign is not on, it's okay. 

I don't think Sarah necessarily went as a babysitter. She may be there for a courtship, or she may have really just wanted to visit a friend. But she wasn't going to go anywhere alone, because that's just not how Maxhell works. 

Well, fuck. I got all excited about absolutely nothing. Poor Sarah is still Poor Sarah with a capital P. She wasn't alone and she never will be alone. I wonder what she thinks about the obfuscation. No doubt it was Steve-directed and I wonder what she thinks about it. Is she comfortable with it? How does she rationalize it? We'll never know, of course.

Where does the Maxwellian expression "to melt someone" come from? The wrath of the LORD melting your face off a la Raiders of the Lost Ark?

11 minutes ago, Seven Severn said:

I wonder what she thinks about the obfuscation. No doubt it was Steve-directed and I wonder what she thinks about it. Is she comfortable with it? How does she rationalize it? We'll never know, of course.

Sarah isn't allowed to think. :pb_neutral:

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

We flew to Florida when my daughter was about 14 months old. She wasn't fussy or anything but the flight attendants offered to keep her occupied for almost the entire flight. They carried her around for a while, chatting with other passengers, and later on they took her back to the galley where she amused herself by tearing up a pack of napkins they gave her. They all had a blast and it made for a very pleasant flight. Granted, the flight wasn't very crowded so it didn't distract them, nor was it a safety problem, but having a flight attendant keep an eye on Calia isn't out of the realm of possibility.

If Sarah, Joseph, Elissa and the baby did indeed travel together, she not exactly lying in her post. She doesn't actually claim she flew alone, does she? So it's misdirection if anything—the sin of omission, and the Maxwells are masters of that.

Their was a message floating around Facebook a few weeks back. A woman wanted to thank a flight attendant for holding her son on her flight. It's nice to know their are other flight attendants that are willing to take someone child for a little while. 

In the latest Ellie post (poor Sarah really is substituting this for baby posts), Ellie is sitting in one of the girls' laps during Bible time. Why in the world is, whichever girl it is, sitting on the tile floor for Bible study? Ellie is clearly allowed on the furniture. 

:omg: that puppy is just adorable!  I honestly don't mind if Sarah keeps sharing.  :my_smile:

In other news, I'm a bit suprprised that the Maxwells actually acknowledged a working woman (flight attendant) and photographed her with a male co-worker (pilot?) in their Belated Valentine post.    

41 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Found it!

I had it backwards though....some of the siblings visited last summer, some are visiting again this summer and Sarah will be able to come, as well. Sadly, there don't seem to be any relationships in the works, but there are definitely the right ages between the families so there's always hope there. My friend thinks the whole family is wonderful and "just like everyone else" (her words and they are relative to the kinds of people she knows best I suppose) that I also have to wonder if they are much less insular than they appear on the blog. I am just never sure what to think of the Maxwells; they absolutely puzzle me. 

11 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I had it backwards though....some of the siblings visited last summer, some are visiting again this summer and Sarah will be able to come, as well. Sadly, there don't seem to be any relationships in the works, but there are definitely the right ages between the families so there's always hope there. My friend thinks the whole family is wonderful and "just like everyone else" (her words and they are relative to the kinds of people she knows best I suppose) that I also have to wonder if they are much less insular than they appear on the blog. I am just never sure what to think of the Maxwells; they absolutely puzzle me. 

Thanks for sharing what you know.

4 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Ellie is cute and loved, but one photo a day would be enough for me. Sarah should just make Ellie her own Instagram account.

But is the  Number One Puppy Training Method up to the task of teaching Ellie how to post to it?

2 hours ago, sparkles said:

If Sarah, Joseph, Elissa and the baby did indeed travel together, she not exactly lying in her post. She doesn't actually claim she flew alone, does she? So it's misdirection if anything—the sin of omission, and the Maxwells are masters of that.

People have boycotted Microsoft for less.

Archived