IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell took a plane trip and Mary posts OCC

Seven Severn

:TRUCDEOUF:   What??

And yes, it makes my heart so happy to read that! And at the same time, so sad that we have to celebrate such a normal occurrence. But yes, good for her!! Go Sarah!

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I am in shock. What is going on over there!? Is this Steve's way of trying to prove that his children are well-adjusted adults, so people will be more likely to buy their crap, I mean books. 

Yay for Sarah!

Now, since she's dipped her toe into the Ocean of Independence,  for her next trip I recommend Sin City itself, Las Vegas! All you can eat buffets, gambling, concerts with music with a backbeat (bonus, scantily clad dancers), quickie marriage followed by quickie annulment, a magician on nearly every street corner performing the devil's work, and if you're curious about what lurks beneath frumpers or khakis, there are plenty of strip joints. Bring Tiffani! Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. We'll never ever tell Steve! Pinky swears! 

2 hours ago, Seven Severn said:

She's visiting a friend named Tiffany. She returns home on Tuesday. Ellie stayed home.

Why all this sudden independence? What's gotten into Steve?

Had to go lie down for a bit to recover from the shock. Good for her!

I looked up Elissa's family when she arrived on the scene, and she does indeed have a sister named Tiffany. The dad is Bruce Frost, who was working for a big corporation in Kentucky (maybe Lexmark? idr) and there were some pics of Elissa and a sister (not sure if it was Tiffany, or if these two Tiffanys are one in the same) doing 4H stuff. 

I'm not so good with the new search function on FJ, but maybe someone else can find the thread where it was discussed, or the original sources.

I'm pretty sure the woman in the 2012 pic is not Elissa's mother.

Wow!  Run Sarah, run! :)

(I still think they locked Steve in the basement during his fast, and that his images have been photoshopped in to the family album ever since, to avoid suspicion.... :my_biggrin:)

Wow!  Run Sarah, run! :)

(I still think they locked Steve in the basement during his fast, and that his images have been photoshopped in to the family album ever since, to avoid suspicion.... :my_biggrin:)

I love how the photos look fabulous because she is so happy, rather than because she has spent ages setting them up. :)

20 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

See Elissa, Tiffany and Sarah together here:

http://blog.titus2.com/2014/09/17/joseph-and-elissas-story-part-1/

"Tiffany F" comments a lot on the blog, but sometimes mentions her kids. Either it's her, or there are multiple Tiffany F's.

That is definitely the same Tiffany in the selfie.

It looks like Tiffany and Elissa have brothers, according to this photo, when the Frosts spent Thanksgiving in Maxhell! 

JandE-9.jpg

I wanted to post this in a new thread, so as not to interrupt the flow of excited chatter about Sarah's solo plane ride, on the other thread.

Not to be outdone, young Mary has dilligently posted a report from her December trip, which she spent packing shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.

Congratulations, Teri!  Your 30 years of homeschooling has worked wonders on Mary's use of grammar and syntax. ;)

http://blog.titus2.com/2016/02/13/mary-shares-on-her-operation-christmas-child-packing-experience/

Hold on to your seat, @HerNameIsBuffy, surely the pizza-cutter-lettuce-tip will be up next!

Speaking of, Mary wrote "Joseph and I’s time at Operation Christmas Child was so exciting." and "Joseph and Elissa blessed me so much by taking me to OCC!"

Yes, I's.  The accepted standard form is "Joseph's and my".

And for an out of context quote:

"You might also consider doing older boys."

Sorry, not sorry.

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I wonder if Steve called Tiffany's parents in advance to straighten out all the details since this is her first sleepover/playdate  in at least20 years.

Occasionally a comment will drive home just how absurb the Maxwell way is. This is one of them. 

And yes, I don't doubt that that happened.

I have a theory that the Maxwell's are far less insular and anti-social than they present themselves to be on their blog.  I think they visit with outside friends, if not often, at least regularly.  We know they went to Josiah's graduation and Jill's wedding for sure yet there was absolutely no mention of it on the blog.  Joseph's wedding, and the whole relationship with Elissa's family came out of the blue.  

I'm not surprised Sarah is visiting friends, even alone.  I am surprised they are writing about it on the blog.

11 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Occasionally a comment will drive home just how absurb the Maxwell way is. This is one of them. 

And yes, I don't doubt that that happened.

Oh, of course it happened! Sarah is away on a play date! Stevie needs to be sure she will be under a sufficient umbrella of protection or whatever. :my_biggrin:

I am skeptical that Sarah really went alone. If Elissa is friends with Tiffany, maybe she and Josepeh (or another Maxwell sibling) went with Sarah. The Maxwells like to keep the lines a little blurry when it comes to facts but I hope I am wrong. 

Sorry to put a damper on the party. 

31 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Oh Mary. You write like a 12 year old.

That may be a bit generous.

Anytime Teri wants to pat herself on her 30-years of homeschooling back, she should be forced to read her children's writing.  I don't know what she was doing those 30 years, but seriously doubt she was doing much schooling.

6 minutes ago, twin2 said:

That may be a bit generous.

Anytime Teri wants to pat herself on her 30-years of homeschooling back, she should be forced to read her children's writing.  I don't know what she was doing those 30 years, but seriously doubt she was doing much schooling.

She had her kids reading textbooks and doing workbooks, and considered that overwhelming. She wasn't doing anything. 

26 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I am skeptical that Sarah really went alone. If Elissa is friends with Tiffany, maybe she and Josepeh (or another Maxwell sibling) went with Sarah. The Maxwells like to keep the lines a little blurry whe it comes to facts but I hope I am wrong. 

Sorry to put a damper on the party. 

I'm skeptical, too. It just seems so odd. 

Even if Sarah didn't go alone, I consider any time away from Stevehova a good time!

I hope this family invites her for a vacation of something soon.

Archived