IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell took a plane trip and Mary posts OCC

Seven Severn

18 minutes ago, Whoosh said:

This is one of the few truths I believe in in this crazy world of ours.  Please, everyone, confirm for my sanity that either you or someone in the household licks the beaters.

Well of course!

However I'm a gluttonous heathen...

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I licked the beaters shamelessly!  Even though my mother told me not to.  But she also told me not to kiss the dog or I'd get worms.  All my dogs have been kissed and I am happy to report I have never had worms!  Take THAT, mom!

1 hour ago, Whoosh said:

This is one of the few truths I believe in in this crazy world of ours.  Please, everyone, confirm for my sanity that either you or someone in the household licks the beaters.

I...I never knew it was an option NOT to lick the beaters. *mind blown*

2 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I thought everyone licked the cake beaters.

Apparently,  as a child, my grandfather was never allowed to lick the beaters.  

One of my jobs after Thanksgiving dinner was to make the whipped cream for the pies. I always gave my grandfather the beaters after I found out he was beater deprived as a kid.

Does Calia ever leave the house without wearing one of those fascinators on her head?

4 hours ago, Whoosh said:

Well, duh! When you have more than one child of beater-licking age one of the downsides of having a KitchenAid stand mixer is that there is only one beater. So much easier now that they're all grown up and gone away, and I can lick the beater without crying children clinging to my legs.

Best part of heavy frosting was licking the beaters... and I never got sick from eating cookie dough either. Take that Steve!

Poor Calia, fated to wear big flowers in her hair and never getting to San Francisco. 

flowerchildren.jpg

5 hours ago, Whoosh said:

What kind of freaks don't lick the beaters and eat spoonfuls of cookie dough!?

8 hours ago, Whoosh said:

Absolutely! We like to live I the edge like that.

I got to lick the beaters, though I was an unfortunate child, and had to learn the hard way to detach them from the hand-held mixer first. 

Blood and Brownie Batter: The SolomonFundy Story

11 hours ago, Whoosh said:

Well I once heard a story about someone turning on the beaters while licking them...

Lets just say I never used my tongue (i'm a bit tongue-tied), but I did use my fingers to wipe them clean and eat all the raw dough that way. Does that still count?

My mother always told us we'd get worms for eating cookie dough....as she smiled at us and handed us the beaters. There were four of us so she'd give two of us beaters and two of us spoons.

I always gave my (two) kids the beaters as I grabbed a spoon and joined them around the mixing bowl.  Chocolate chip cookie dough?  There is nothing better at our house!! Brownie batter is a close second, of course. 

An ex-boyfriend of mine refused to lick the bowl/beaters because his mum got salmonella, so wouldn't let him do it growing up (I can't remember if the salmonella was actually egg related or not). I should have known at that moment that our relationship was doomed. ;)

51 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

My mother always told us we'd get worms for eating cookie dough

That sounds like the people who say don't eat bread fresh out of the oven because it will make you sick.

Raw cookie dough?!  Never.  We were always told not to eat anything with uncooked egg.  However we always stole a bit of the whipped butter, sugar, and brown sugar before the eggs were added.  mmmmmSugarbutter

12 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

My parents let us lick the beaters and the bowl! :dance:

I got the bowl, my sister got the beaters!

Definitely when we were kids. Our grandma used to give one of us the beaters and the other the bowl. I wouldn't do it now, but that's only because I had a really bad bout of food poisoning which I think may have been salmonella a few years ago and now I'm super paranoid.

7 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:

That sounds like the people who say don't eat bread fresh out of the oven because it will make you sick.

Oh, I like to eat fresh bread while it's still dough.  Doesn't matter what kind either: yeast bread dough, biscuit dough, batters for quick breads...

7 minutes ago, clese said:

Next blog post.  Where is John?

With Christopher and Anna?

Wow, Nathan looks kinda ripped. Never noticed that before.

A better question may be: what the hell is Steve looking at? 

Bonus snark for putting a "big sister" tee shirt on a kid during a scheduled Photo Shoot Day, but making sure to reassure everyone that Melanie's uterus is currently vacant.

Ok, this is going to be very bitchy but, but please-- if you are going to have a batch of kids petting a dog in baggage claim, for GOD's SAKE move away from the baggage carousel so people can get up to it, get their bag and get out of the way without stepping over a woman kneeling on the floor, a gaggle of kids petting a puppy and the puppy itself.  (I wonder, did they also hand out tracts?)  

Sorry, my travel curmudgeon just saw the pic and hated the situation.

Archived