IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell took a plane trip and Mary posts OCC

Seven Severn

On March 31, 2016 at 7:43 PM, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Here is what I have against the three women sharing a bedroom, they have no choice.  Sarah is 34 and Mary is 19 but they have always shared their bedroom with Anna which means they have no private space, no place to call their own.  They cannot decorate for themselves or choose their own lights out time or go have a good cry without everyone knowing. They can't buy a sexy pair of panties and hide them in a drawer or keep a secret journal. It really is like being in prison.

Teri once wrote that she felt she owed her family an apology because apparently, when she was suffering once again from her chronic back pain, she let it show instead of choking it down like a good little meek and quiet woman. It was sinful and selfish of her, she said, to make others worry because she was feeling bad. I can't imagine any of the Maxwells girls allowing herself the luxury of a good cry.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/31/2016 at 11:11 AM, nausicaa said:

I feel like Jessica Magaha has the right stuff to corrupt our John. 

I'm already shipping them.

Office romance! I love it. Who knows, maybe he's spending his quality time with young Christian Meadows. (That name!) 

I thought that "Dad encouraged" Sarah to take her depressed self into the bus to write that book?  And she tried to make the best of sitting in a cold bus with a fan heater, by taking a bag of sweets in with her? The sadness of it all is what has stuck in my memory. :my_sad:

I feel for Sarah in so many ways but at least she is Head Girl of that bedroom.  Anna and Mary are going to be perpetual children as long as Sarah is at home getting special privileges to make up for Steve's failure to find her a husband. She has monthly dinner nights with Mom, she gets to play photographer while they have to grit their teeth and smile for the camera, and now she has her own puppy. I don't think any of those things compensate for an education, independence and autonomy over one's own uterus, but Anna and Mary seem to be even more badly off when it comes to personal space and relative freedoms.

58 minutes ago, sparkles said:

I can't imagine any of the Maxwells girls allowing herself the luxury of a good cry.

Sarah was made to write that blog post about her lack of "gratefulness" at one point, so I am guessing that may have been a smackdown for expressing her feelings?

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

Office romance! I love it. Who knows, maybe he's spending his quality time with young Christian Meadows. (That name!) 

Ha! I even contemplated tossing a mention of ol' Christian into my original post, in the interest of covering all our bases. 

Christian Meadows sounds like the name of a place the Maxwells would go to bother the elderly.

Or when they die.

Is Christian Meadows a real person? (please say yes...) 

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Is Christian Meadows a real person? (please say yes...) 

He's a character on the new Christian soap opera, Do You Know Where You're Going... When You Die?

2 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

He's a character on the new Christian soap opera, Do You Know Where You're Going... When You Die?

Like sands through the hourglass...

23 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

Like sands through the hourglass...

Please let there be a possessed doll name Timmy.

15 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Please let there be a possessed doll name Timmy.

No, the creepy doll's name is actually Nathan. 

o0TTWas.jpg

On 2016-03-31 at 8:11 PM, nausicaa said:

I feel like Jessica Magaha has the right stuff to corrupt our John. 

I'm already shipping them.

Wow, she is pretty, I think John would die from just one look from her... I expect a slightly plain woman with a strong mind as his seducer, something like a happy vibrant pre-school teacher with curly hair who would just wisk him away to her apartment before he has thought too much about the situation he has put himself in. 

Archived