IGNORED

Bates Family Part 7

Boogalou

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder if we'll see some Duggars during Michael's wedding episode.

Wasn't Jana a bridesmaid? 

And I totally get what you guys mean about baby fever. Every time I look at Bradley and Carson I feel the urge to run out and get pregnant. Thank goodness I'm not a fundie or I'd have one or more of my own.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears that Nathan was "supervising" aka accountability partner for Trace when Trace was playing basketball.

National Hat Day - Didn't know that.

2 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Wasn't Jana a bridesmaid? 

Yes she was a bridesmaid. See below for photos.

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I hope you're all wrong and Alyssa's not pregnant, because that would be hilarious.

Alyssa is either pregnant or has been pulling a month and a half long troll on her public Instagram.  If that's the case I say good job Alyssa, kudos on the trolling.

The last five out of six pictures where you can see her whole body have her holding Allie conveniently in front of her stomach area.  The most recent one has Allie sitting between John and Alyssa but Alyssa is sitting down too and wearing looser clothing.  She's been wearing looser clothing in general for a while as well.  There are other possible reasons for this of course (it's winter and colder so you want baggier clothing and layers to keep you warmer, possible overindulgence at the holidays like most of us tend to do causing a little weight gain she wants to cover up) but given who her family is and her age I'm betting knocked up and due around the same time as Whitney.  Possibly even a week or two before.

That said I HOPE she's not pregnant again so soon with such a young daughter but that's not where the evidence (such as we have it) points.

1 hour ago, accountingstar said:

It appears that Nathan was "supervising" aka accountability partner for Trace when Trace was playing basketball.

National Hat Day - Didn't know that.

Yes she was a bridesmaid. See below for photos.

oh. my. word.  I thought I saw something familiar here...it's from the Jill Rodriguez new "updated" video.  They were at this wedding and posed with Michael and Brandon!  I don't know how to do a screen shot but fast forward in their video to 8:43...

I finally saw the last episode. I am still not a fan of the wedding dress but Michael seems to glow in it and if the bride is thrilled with her dream dress that's really all that matters. 

I grew up on peach cobbler but now I must try blackberry cobbler. 

Since the Bates boys are so into the NFL playoffs, where are they watching all these games? Where are they getting the information to be able to give an informed reason as who why one team will win over the other? I get the idea they all know way more about what is going on out in the world than Duggar kids or obviously Maxwell offspring. Hell, Lawson knowing and seemingly loving so many secular songs shows he is way more out in the world than other fundies we know. That one loves the spotlight and I cannot see him settling down anytime soon to have a million babies. I see him going the way of Zach and finding a regular girlfriend and just having fun. 

Tori and Carlin cross me as the ones who will be standing in line at the grocery store reading the non-approved magazines and not being ashamed. I pity the man who is delusional enough to think they are going to be quiet, meek and submissive wives. Those girls have fire. They may be the most lively fundy girls to date. 

Kelly you have had 19 pregnancies, you do not need to be ashamed of your weight. Plus she looks healthy to me, which is more than I can say for mullet.

1 hour ago, iknowright said:

oh. my. word.  I thought I saw something familiar here...it's from the Jill Rodriguez new "updated" video.  They were at this wedding and posed with Michael and Brandon!  I don't know how to do a screen shot but fast forward in their video to 8:43...

Oh yes they were! Jill made SURE to blog ALL about it: http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2237

On 13/01/2016 at 11:20 AM, elliha said:

I am not justifying it at all but I think it is a possible line of thinking from Gil if he also believed that taking part of that training was good for the children. Most were never even close to be targeted.

I'm pretty torn about Gil's thought process around this. There are just so many possibilities with motivations or drivers ranging from slightly negligent to outright selfish, to straight up sinister... It may be that Gil has dehumanised his daughters (in his mind) to the point that their well being just isn't a factor on the table, or he may be in massive denial about that was going on at HQ, or he may be all about the money and sending the girls to HQ was necessary to maintaining his position in the organisation and his cash flow, or he may have had assurances that they would be safe, or, like elliha suggested, it could have been some sort of a weird risk -reward calculation with a bunch of factors in play that we aren't entirely aware of...

A lot hinges on his real relationship with his daughters, and while it seems more loving and functional than the Duggars (low bar there), a number of posters have, rightly, pointed out that this may be slick(ER) marketing. I don't know - haven't seen enough of them to judge, but I have a difficult time trusting anyone who is on super close terms with the Duggars and is  in the board of directors for this cult... Two big strikes to my mind. 

Trace and Lawson Bates trade playful barbs and make picks for the divisional round of the NFL Playoffs.

When did the NFL become so popular with fundies? Is Up trying to make them mainstream? What would Steve Maxwell say?

Maybe they noticed all the news about corruption and wife beating in the NFL and decided it must be full of like minded godly people. ;-)

I've said before, no matter how many secular songs they sing or NFL games they watch,or whatever else normal they do, the Bates are still tied with Gothard and the ATI scandals. It's too late to try and make yourselves look normal now. I've heard the Duggars say they may watch some Razor Back games. And I read the last Bringing Up Bates episode only had around 325-350K viewers.

This is how you make blackberry cobbler using wild blackberries:

*Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

*Melt 1 stick of buteer in a baking dish and set aside.

*Wash berries,

*Prepare berries: Put them in a pot with a little water, sugar, and a teaspoon of lemon juice (this takes the bitterness of the berries). Heat until warm.

*Pour berries in the baking dish with the melted butter.

*In a separate bowl mix 1 cup self rising flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

*Pour batter into baking dish and bake for about 35-45 minutes

If you don't prepare the wild blackberries, they will be bitter. With other fruits, you don't have to prepare them. Also, pour the batter on top of the fruit and don't mix. Otherwise you have a cake and not a cobbler.

48 minutes ago, roddma said:

I've said before, no matter how many secular songs they sing or NFL games they watch,or whatever else normal they do, the Bates are still tied with Gothard and the ATI scandals. It's too late to try and make yourselves look normal now. I've heard the Duggars say they may watch some Razor Back games. And I read the last Bringing Up Bates episode only had around 325-350K viewers.

That's about average for them. Last season had 2 episodes that didn't even crack 200k. It's a small channel that seems to mainly play reruns so that could still be decent viewership for them.

11 hours ago, Ursula said:

Alyssa is either pregnant or has been pulling a month and a half long troll on her public Instagram.  If that's the case I say good job Alyssa, kudos on the trolling.

The last five out of six pictures where you can see her whole body have her holding Allie conveniently in front of her stomach area.  The most recent one has Allie sitting between John and Alyssa but Alyssa is sitting down too and wearing looser clothing.  She's been wearing looser clothing in general for a while as well.  There are other possible reasons for this of course (it's winter and colder so you want baggier clothing and layers to keep you warmer, possible overindulgence at the holidays like most of us tend to do causing a little weight gain she wants to cover up) but given who her family is and her age I'm betting knocked up and due around the same time as Whitney.  Possibly even a week or two before.

That said I HOPE she's not pregnant again so soon with such a young daughter but that's not where the evidence (such as we have it) points.

This. If she's NOT pregnant, she's trying desperately to make us think she is.

Wasn't Alyssa the one that said she didn't want a bunch of kids? Why would she get pregnant soon after having Allie?

Wasn't Alyssa the one that said she didn't want a bunch of kids? Why would she get pregnant soon after having Allie?

Because we're assuming she doesn't believe in birth control of any sorts.

You guys act like ATI families NEVER EVER watch shows/movies/sports, etc. That's just not true (well, maybe its true in Duggar world but the Duggars are weird). Cable is "strongly discouraged" from homes - but kids can still watch 1) pre-selected show/movie by parents that is on DVD/whatever already; 2) TV at grandparents/unlces/aunts homes (I think this is most common?); 3) pre-selected movie approved by aprents at the movie theater (which rarely ever happens but it sometimes happens). Just all in my experience. 

1 hour ago, meep said:

You guys act like ATI families NEVER EVER watch shows/movies/sports, etc. That's just not true (well, maybe its true in Duggar world but the Duggars are weird). Cable is "strongly discouraged" from homes - but kids can still watch 1) pre-selected show/movie by parents that is on DVD/whatever already; 2) TV at grandparents/unlces/aunts homes (I think this is most common?); 3) pre-selected movie approved by aprents at the movie theater (which rarely ever happens but it sometimes happens). Just all in my experience. 

Oh my god have y'all read about the tantrum Gothard threw about aids in movie theatres? Someone posted a link to this ex-fundie blog recently where I found the story. I wish I could remember what blog it was! It was this ex-fundie woman who worked at a few different ATI locations (including HQ) and met her husband there, and she told part of the story about how they left and got together on the blog. Anyone know what blog I'm talking about?

Just now, Ofglen said:

Oh my god have y'all read about the tantrum Gothard threw about aids in movie theatres? Someone posted a link to this ex-fundie blog recently where I found the story. I wish I could remember what blog it was! It was this ex-fundie woman who worked at a few different ATI locations (including HQ) and met her husband there, and she told part of the story about how they left and got together on the blog. Anyone know what blog I'm talking about?

Was it Heresy in the Heartland? She had a whole bunch of posts about leaving ATI and meeting her husband at a training center, but to be honest, they were kind of longish and I didn't read them all. 

14 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Was it Heresy in the Heartland? She had a whole bunch of posts about leaving ATI and meeting her husband at a training center, but to be honest, they were kind of longish and I didn't read them all. 

Yes, thank you! I got kind of engrossed in them, tbh. I was a little sad when I got to the point where she stopped writing them.

She wrote this on her blog last July:

I do intend to finish writing our courtship story, eventually. But lately it's been more important to me to enjoy my relationships, or even a large glass of wine. To savor good feelings and allow myself to experience less comfortable ones. To risk disappointment. To practice being human and encourage my kids to do the same.

I do hope she finishes writing eventually, but I totally understand that not being on her list of top priorities. Life comes first. 

According Erin's IG, sometimes Carson sleeps with mom and dad. Nice to see that they're not training him. Erin  is not following Kelly's parenting, which I think is good, because maybe it means a more gentle chilhood  for Carson. 

I think Alyssa is pregnant. 

While it's entirely possible Alyssa is pregnant and I wouldn't be surprised if she was... I just got bored and followed her instagram all the way back to when Allie Jane was born and 90% of the time Alyssa is holding Allie Jane over her stomach. Even when AJ was still an infant Alyssa is holding her right over the belly. Is it possible that's just how she comfortably holds babies?

I really hope she isn't pregnant. 

I think we will see Ashley and Nathan's engagement and/or wedding, but not the courtship (I am so over the courtship presentation). Nathan knew Ashley since 2013 from a mission trip, so if they have not broken up. Hopefully, they will be engaged soon. :GPn0zNK:

On 1/15/2016 at 7:50 AM, HereticHick said:

Nathan's semi-secret sweetie Ashley hasn't posted anything on her Instagram for FIVE weeks now. She used to post at least once a week. I think she's been ordered by UP to go dark.

My prediction: they filmed a courtship announcement during the holidays, or will film one on Valentine's Day.

Several Bateseseseses were in NYC (including Gil and Kelly) the week before Christmas, which coincides with her SM blackout. Gil and Kelly always seem to be lurking when the courtship and marriage proposals are made, so I'm pretty sure this is when it happened. 

As for Erin and Clown College, remember her "green hair" comment on the Duggars' show? Gil was next to her as Erin explained that a UT music professor had offered her a full ride, but after family discussion, turned it down. She looked near tears but then quickly perked up with the green hair excuse. You just know that line of bullshit was fed to her by her parents to scare her into the safe cocoon of like-minded fundies  that is Clown College. 

51 minutes ago, Casserole said:

While it's entirely possible Alyssa is pregnant and I wouldn't be surprised if she was... I just got bored and followed her instagram all the way back to when Allie Jane was born and 90% of the time Alyssa is holding Allie Jane over her stomach. Even when AJ was still an infant Alyssa is holding her right over the belly. Is it possible that's just how she comfortably holds babies?

I really hope she isn't pregnant. 

it's not just the fact she's holding allie over her belly. it's her facial changes, etc. she's gained weight in the last couple of months... she's been wearing baggier clothes (i know it's the colder months, but.... still) and doing anything she can to draw away attention from her stomach. this has all come after she was looking a little bit sickly. happened exactly the same way last time and there were still so many people denying her 20 week bump!

after years of battling infertility i've become a pro at just knowing when someone is pregnant and alyssa. is. pregnant. if she's not, well, i'll kindly see myself out.

While it's highly debated about the risks of sharing a bed with baby , here's March of Dimes perspective. Co-sleeping and bed sharing aren't the same. I wish these young parents would do their research. Yes its great when Fundie parents do different from their own parents, but it shouldn't mean putting your baby in danger
http://www.marchofdimes.org/baby/co-sleeping.aspx

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived