IGNORED

Bates Family Part 7

Boogalou

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Wasn't Alyssa the one that said she didn't want a bunch of kids? Why would she get pregnant soon after having Allie?

Just because she doesn't want a lot, doesn't mean she doesn't want them early.  She could have decided she wanted to pop out 3 or 4 in quick succession before stopping.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, donnal said:

Just because she doesn't want a lot, doesn't mean she doesn't want them early.  She could have decided she wanted to pop out 3 or 4 in quick succession before stopping.

yes, but nothing in her upbringing tells her that is possible--& John was brought up in a Gothard household as well. I hope it is the case, but it will require a lot of self-education on her & John's part to even consider Natural Family Planning, much less chemical birth control.

That doesn't look very safe to me, the way Carson is wedged between the pillows, the covers, and his dad. Chad could roll over on top of him and suffocate him.

On January 15, 2016 at 3:48 PM, LovelyLuna said:

Decent episode. Michele(a)s dress looks nice enough. the website I watched it from was a little grainy so it was hard to see details. A real seamstress did the alterations; a friend of the family that used to work in a bridal shop, now retired. 

What website did you go to watch "Bringing Up Bates" on? I'm curious about the show. I'm not going to pay extra for the UP channel or buy the show on Amazon, but I would watch it online.  

14 minutes ago, 16strong said:

That doesn't look very safe to me, the way Carson is wedged between the pillows, the covers, and his dad. Chad could roll over on top of him and suffocate him.

Did they actually say he's co-sleeping? That picture doesn't necessarily mean he is. 

On 1/16/2016 at 9:08 PM, GreenTea said:

What website did you go to watch "Bringing Up Bates" on? I'm curious about the show. I'm not going to pay extra for the UP channel or buy the show on Amazon, but I would watch it online.  

there's a [redacted] available on [redacted]. that's where i download every week and i've never had to sign up for any account or enter payment details, or got a virus. so that's a win for me!

22 hours ago, socalrules said:

Tori and Carlin cross me as the ones who will be standing in line at the grocery store reading the non-approved magazines and not being ashamed. I pity the man who is delusional enough to think they are going to be quiet, meek and submissive wives. Those girls have fire. They may be the most lively fundy girls to date. 

Which is why they need to steer clear of the thought of having Jim Bob Duggar as their FIL.

It looks to me like Carson is rolling around and being playful in the bed and Erin caught a snap of him in a particularly funny pose. I doubt they're sleeping like that. 

3 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

there's a torrent available on KAT. that's where i download every week and i've never had to sign up for any account or enter payment details, or got a virus. so that's a win for me!

I also use this method. So far it seems to be the easiest way. Although I don't have a fast enough internet connection (just barely above dialup) to be able to stream from most sources. 

This is how you make blackberry cobbler using wild blackberries:

*Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

*Melt 1 stick of buteer in a baking dish and set aside.

*Wash berries,

*Prepare berries: Put them in a pot with a little water, sugar, and a teaspoon of lemon juice (this takes the bitterness of the berries). Heat until warm.

*Pour berries in the baking dish with the melted butter.

*In a separate bowl mix 1 cup self rising flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

*Pour batter into baking dish and bake for about 35-45 minutes

If you don't prepare the wild blackberries, they will be bitter. With other fruits, you don't have to prepare them. Also, pour the batter on top of the fruit and don't mix. Otherwise you have a cake and not a cobbler.

Oops, I left out 1 cup of milk for batter. Sorry.

This seasons big events will be Michael's wedding, Whitney's pregnancy announcement, and Nathan/Ashley's ccourtshp. There engagement will probably be the season finale.

However, I believe Michael, Alyssa, and Erin will both be pregnant by this summer. Nathan and Ashley will probably be married this summer. Since there has been a lot of speculation about certain Duggars and Bates pairings, it would not surprise me if there will be one in the not so distant future.

I also think we will see more courtships/en

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

This seasons big events will be Michael's wedding, Whitney's pregnancy announcement, and Nathan/Ashley's ccourtshp. There engagement will probably be the season finale.

However, I believe Michael, Alyssa, and Erin will both be pregnant by this summer. Nathan and Ashley will probably be married this summer. Since there has been a lot of speculation about certain Duggars and Bates pairings, it would not surprise me if there will be one in the not so distant future.

I also think we will see more courtships/en

I really truly hope and wish Erin a safe pregnancy IF she becomes pregnant. With her clotting disorder and placental abruption during the last birth I  hope they deside on just a few kids, and I can never imagine any obstetrician taking her on without planning on an (early) elective caeserean. Which must suck for her, she seems to love children (Chad too!), and I can only imagine the pain she must feel when she sees everyone around her having kids easily. 

10 hours ago, princessmahina said:
It looks to me like Carson is rolling around and being playful in the bed and Erin caught a snap of him in a particularly funny pose. I doubt they're sleeping like that. 

That was my impression and I hope we are right. People have their own opinions, of course, and most babies who sleep in bed with parents are fine. But the risks are more than I would take.

I never had an opinion until a friend of mine woke up to find her infant passed away after breastfeeding in bed. There were no signs of struggle or suffocation (seemingly SIDS), but due to local laws it couldn't be deemed SIDS due to the fact that the infant had been in bed with her. It can only be SIDS in the absence of other explanations, and that is one of the disqualifiers in Ohio. To go through the trauma of losing her baby and then to have the death certificate suggest she had suffocated him was trauma on top of trauma (not to mention how the police acted about the bed situation). She now runs a nonprofit that distributes teddy bears to maternity wards with safe sleep tips attached to the ears.

There  may have been nothing she could do to save her baby, but the guilt could have largely been avoided. And for those parents who actually find signs of struggle, well, I can't even imagine.

Re: "holding baby over ya belly means a baby in the belly," I'm not convinced. How else is Alyssa supposed to hold her kid, hoisted triumphantly over her head like Rafiki?

2 hours ago, Thorns said:

I really truly hope and wish Erin a safe pregnancy IF she becomes pregnant. With her clotting disorder and placental abruption during the last birth I  hope they deside on just a few kids, and I can never imagine any obstetrician taking her on without planning on an (early) elective caeserean. Which must suck for her, she seems to love children (Chad too!), and I can only imagine the pain she must feel when she sees everyone around her having kids easily. 

I really hope Erin and Chad consider adoption, they both seem like they really enjoy kids and it could be a great option for them.

Alyssa posted a new pic a few minutes ago. Allie Jane is being held more to Alyssa's side and her abdominal area looks pretty flat to me.

17 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Not pregnant Alyssa.

Maybe she felt fat weeks ago, so she tried to hide  her  belly.

Orrrrrrrr maybe this is all being overthought just a tad. Maybe she's pregnant, maybe she's not, maybe she felt fat last week or last month or not at all, maybe she'll have 19 kids or maybe just 1, but we actually have no idea till she says anything and it probably has nothing to do with how she's holding her baby.

20 hours ago, marmalade said:

Several Bateseseseses were in NYC (including Gil and Kelly) the week before Christmas, which coincides with her SM blackout. Gil and Kelly always seem to be lurking when the courtship and marriage proposals are made, so I'm pretty sure this is when it happened. 

As for Erin and Clown College, remember her "green hair" comment on the Duggars' show? Gil was next to her as Erin explained that a UT music professor had offered her a full ride, but after family discussion, turned it down. She looked near tears but then quickly perked up with the green hair excuse. You just know that line of bullshit was fed to her by her parents to scare her into the safe cocoon of like-minded fundies  that is Clown College. 

@marmalade, thanks for mentioning this episode.  I really don't have the patience to go looking for this stuff.  I can only abide watching the Batesesese and the Duggars for so long.    Anyhoo, it does back up my earlier post in the last thread that Erin's so-called "choice" was not a choice at all.    And of course, Gil the control freak dad is sitting next to her as she talks about it.

I don't think Erin will get pregnant again right away. The terrible labor she had along with the blood clot risks probably have them thinking, hopefully. The bruising with months of Lovenox shots would've made her look like she'd been punched repeatedly and those bruises hurt badly and don't go away quickly, and Chad would've seen that. 

4 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

How else is Alyssa supposed to hold her kid, hoisted triumphantly over her head like Rafiki?

Yes. 

/sarcasm

Regarding Alyssa....she sure does seem to have an infinite wardrobe. Not trying to snark on ones income and purchasing choices, but I would like to just roam her closet. She always seems to have a new outfit. Where does she put all of this?! And where is she buying all of her clothes?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived