IGNORED

Bates Family Part 7

Boogalou

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

19 Kids and Counting used to air at 9 p.m., too. I have no idea why, but apparently it happens.

Interesting...

It honestly feels more like a 6pm show but 8pm would make sense, 9pm just feels like they are limiting their audience. 

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

So when is this one going to be wearing a Big Sister shirt?

I'm wondering how much longer until they actually announce and how they'll do it. It's getting harder for Alyssa to hide, so I guess it's only a matter of time before baby #2 is official.

1 hour ago, tumblr said:

Something odd I just noticed, BUB is on at 9pm. Is Ups lineup so packed that it couldn't be at 8pm? Is there something about BUB that Up considers to be inappropriate for 8pm?

It depends on where you live. It airs at 8 pm where I live.

Baby Carson. Love that expression.

Haven't seen the show yet, but here is a recap from Lily and Ellie (http://www.batesfamilyblog.com/):

Bringing Up Bates "Sweet Tea and Sit Ups"...
  • Gil, Kelly, Michael, Erin, and Carson stop by Vol Market #3, one of the family's favorite Knoxville restaurants. The Bates’ friendship with the owners started when Michael was a child and eventually led to her becoming a full-time nanny for the owners’ children.
  • Like Erin, Michael has asked Vol Market #3 to cater her wedding food. “Her menu is going to be y’all’s chicken salad sandwiches, some sub sandwiches and chips and cake,” Kelly tells the owners.
  • Everyone has a different estimate of the number of guests that will show up to the wedding. Michael predicts 500-600, Kelly thinks 600-800, and Gil guesses around 1,000.
  • Up next is a meeting with the musicians, Emily and Natalie Raynes, who will play as the bridal party enters and leaves the sanctuary. During the ceremony, Brandon is arranging to have a few songs performed that he wrote for Michael.
  • Back at home, Kelly tells her family that she needs to lose weight before the wedding. “I need some incentive, so if it’s like a challenge or competition, I’ll be more motivated.”
  • The mom of 19 announces her plan: She and Gil will compete, with Tori as her trainer and Lawson and Gil’s trainer. But Kelly doesn’t want to judge the competition by the amount of weight lost, as she is embarrassed to step on the scale. So she suggests that the winner be the person who looks the best in the end. Gil says that Kelly will win.
  • “I said, ‘Dad, you want a real coach who knows what it takes to get in shape and look good? I’ll be your man,’” shares Lawson.
  • While Tori works out alongside her mom, Lawson’s approach is more hands-off.
  • Tori and Kelly spend their time walking and doing toning exercises for abs and upper body. Meanwhile, Lawson drives to a deserted road, pushes Gil out the door, and tells him to run alongside the truck. Lawson sits at the wheel enjoying air conditioning and a cold bottle of sweet tea.
  • The little kids pick two bowls of blackberries and beg Michael to make her famous blackberry cobbler. It’s a bittersweet moment, as everyone realizes that they won’t have Michael (or her cobbler) for much longer.
  • “Michael, she never wants to be in the limelight,” says Gil. “She wants to be behind the scenes helping somebody.” “She’s always thinking of others more than herself,” adds Kelly.
  • A seamstress friend brings over Michael’s finished wedding gown, and the Bates gals break down in tears as she models it. “I’m like the happiest girl ever,” she says. Her sisters and sister-in-law are thrilled for her, but they are all very sad to see her move to Chicago.

Tweets regarding tonight's episode:

BringingUpBates ‏@BringingUpBates
Gil: "Hey you're drinking my tea."
@lawbates: "I'm trying to get it out of the way so it doesn't tempt you." #BringingUpBates

BringingUpBates ‏@BringingUpBates  1h1 hour ago
"I've got a shape… round." Gil #BringingUpBates

Sarah-Kay ‏@tigercraze22  1h1 hour ago
Seriously, @UPtv make #BringingUpBates an hour long every week. These half hour episodes aren't doing it for me. I need more!!!

Ruthie ‏@RuthieOlivia  1h1 hour ago
Lawson and Tori can be my workout coaches! Lol. #BringingUpBates

Richard Turner ‏@sitgo  2h2 hours ago
I need to take husband lessons from Gil: "I'm the winner because I'm married to you." #BringingUpBates

The Bates Show and 19 kids have always aired at 6pm here but then would repeat. Although I could just be getting the east cost feed. 

UP doesn't time shift so those of us on the west coast get it at 6 and again at 9. 

11 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I LOVE upstate NY.  I'm from what Long Island calls upstate but the rest of the state does not.   If I were to move back to NY, I would go upstate.  

Lol, I have family in Putnam county and we always called it upstate when I was growing up in NYC.  It seemed very "country" in comparison.  You could pick strawberries there!

14 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Legit not an attempt to be snotty question ... but have we ever seen Allie Jane WITHOUT a headband?

Oh, if we don't put a headband on her at all times, she may get confused about her sex & stumble into the wrong restroom!!! Mayhem will ensue!

I generally think  girlbaby headgear is ridiculous, but I think this bow on Eleanor, the new daughter of Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy III, is pretty cute:

EleanorKennedy.jpg

I can't stand the big flower headbands on babys or toddlers, but this headband is just too cute. And what a pretty little face.

12 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh, if we don't put a headband on her at all times, she may get confused about her sex & stumble into the wrong restroom!!! Mayhem will ensue!

I generally think  girlbaby headgear is ridiculous, but I think this bow on Eleanor, the new daughter of Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy III, is pretty cute:

EleanorKennedy.jpg

I can't tell if that's a hospital hat but that's the type of hat put on my baby right after she was born.  The bow part fell off soon after we got home.  I never put her in headbands and now I look at pictures and wish that I had sometimes. :)

Nathan's semi-secret sweetie Ashley hasn't posted anything on her Instagram for FIVE weeks now. She used to post at least once a week. I think she's been ordered by UP to go dark.

My prediction: they filmed a courtship announcement during the holidays, or will film one on Valentine's Day.

The Bates definitely don't post news in real time like they used to before the show.  Not sure what they're waiting for to announce Alyssa's pregnancy (she's hiding something underneath the big sweaters and jackets).  I also think that Michael is pregnant but they're going to wait for the wedding episode to air so it's not anticlimactic to watch the wedding when there is already a baby on the way like TLC did with Jill Dillard.  Looks like the Bates will have the same number of grandchildren as the Duggars by year end.

16 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Legit not an attempt to be snotty question ... but have we ever seen Allie Jane WITHOUT a headband?

I'm bored, so I just checked. There's a photo from 19 weeks ago where she doesn't have a headband on, and a video from 16 weeks ago. Of course, she has since posted about 100 pictures of Allie Jane WITH a headband, so yeah..

I hope you're all wrong and Alyssa's not pregnant, because that would be hilarious.

It's entirely possible that I'm wrong about Alyssa being pregnant.  I seem to have been wrong about Lawson and Jinger.   I didn't bother participating in the predictions thread because everything would probably turn out opposite of what I expected. :)  If she's not pregnant then she sure is fueling the fire though.

48 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I'm bored, so I just checked. There's a photo from 19 weeks ago where she doesn't have a headband on, and a video from 16 weeks ago. Of course, she has since posted about 100 pictures of Allie Jane WITH a headband, so yeah..

So who is this little boy then?

On 1/13/2016 at 9:11 AM, missegeno said:

Milk before meat. Ugh. Church marketing programs are so skeevy. A lot of those mega churches are businesses more than anything else. When I was younger, I went to one such program because all my friends went. We would show up, sneak off to smoke weed, then come back and play games. Then they would have a quick bible thing and give us pizza. I saw right through it, but I still went because weed and pizza. That is, until my religion loathing mother found out that I was being exposed to the bible and forbid me from returning.

Well yeah weed n pizza...*giggle* I would've gone too! :pb_lol:

22 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

@xlurker, yeah, I was being sarcastic because even though I haven't visited upstate NY, I have seen pictures and have heard wonderful things about the beauty of the flora and fauna there.  5697f8b715e3f_images(11).jpg.90fd74f468b

My paternal grandmother lived up there and one of my favorite memories was my Dad and I going there to visit. Even as a "high schooler" I remember it being so beautiful...even though Grandma didn't really approve of my extra long hair..but hey it was the mid seventies :pb_lol:...and I am still in love with all of Tennessee!  

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I can't tell if that's a hospital hat but that's the type of hat put on my baby right after she was born.  The bow part fell off soon after we got home.  I never put her in headbands and now I look at pictures and wish that I had sometimes. :)

It's a hospital hat.  The bow looks like it might be made from another hat and it wouldn't be easy to make a small bow out of a hat.  My daughter who was in the NICU in the late 80s had a tiny bow made of  surgical tape.  @SassyPants, could tell us what the nurses use to affix it to Katherine's scalp.

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Yep, that's 2 hospital issued hats- 1 strung through a hole in the other.

Trace and Lawson Bates trade playful barbs and make picks for the divisional round of the NFL Playoffs.

When did the NFL become so popular with fundies? Is Up trying to make them mainstream? What would Steve Maxwell say?

On the next episode:

Why doesn't Gil and one of the three boys that I cannot tell apart have a helmet on? What's with the lack of safety? Jen from the Little Couple had her children wears helmets for a balance bike. Gil takes a tumble in the preview video, but its back up. Surprised. I bet he was hurting. Brandon gets hurt ice skating 4 days before his wedding.

31 minutes ago, accountingstar said:

Trace and Lawson Bates trade playful barbs and make picks for the divisional round of the NFL Playoffs.

When did the NFL become so popular with fundies? Is Up trying to make them mainstream? What would Steve Maxwell say?

"Seahawks are going to beat the Panthers"

Fuck off Bateseses

Decent episode. Michele(a)s dress looks nice enough. the website I watched it from was a little grainy so it was hard to see details. A real seamstress did the alterations; a friend of the family that used to work in a bridal shop, now retired. 

Here is my recap from the episode:

·     Wedding shopping is going great according to Gil

·     3 weeks left to the wedding

·     Gil calls Carson a porky pig

·     Kelly to Gil watch the tummy and he orders mac and cheese when they go out to eat at Vol Market #3

·     They serve food at the wedding. Take note Duggars. Feed your guests

·     Emily & Natalie Raynes were in charge of the music

·     Brandon is the picky one according to Erin

·     Brandon wrote two songs for the wedding. He wrote one for Michael. His sister is going to sing it.

·     Brandon is sentimental according to Kelly

·     Do fundies not play who comes the bride when they walk down the aisle?

·     Kelly basically says that Brandon is the perfect match

·     Lawson, “if you want to lose weight ask me.”

·     Kelly is embarrassed about her weight

·     Kelly says that Gil needs to take her out to eat before they start the challenge

·     Some of the younger children go blackberry picking

·     Michael makes blackberry cobbler. She learned how to make it at 5 or 6.  She remembers the recipe by heart.

·     Lawson, Nathan and Trace are going to miss Michael’s cooking.

·     Gil – Michael never wants to be in the limelight

·     Gil hurt his fingers. Two are taped together during the interview

·     Lawson calls himself a smart trainer

·     I feel that the Bates favorite word is ain’t. They use it all the time. It could be a drinking game

·     Kelly just buy some Spandex

·     Gil says that Tori exercises with you

·     Lawson is drinking Gil’s tea when Gil is running along side the truck

·     Gil had another sweet tea in the car

·     Tori works out when the kids are asleep

·     Becky Hodson was the friend who made the altercations on Whitney, Erin and Michael’s dresses. She retired from the bridal store.

·     Everyone (Carlin, Whitney, Callie, Addee, friend) is crying when they see Michael in her dress

·     Who is this Bates friend that hangs out with the family? It’s a girl.

Michael Bates' Blackberry Cobbler

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Blackberries (or other fruit)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the pan you will use to make the cobbler, place the stick of butter and put pan in hot oven so that butter melts. (The Bates family uses a cast iron skillet.)

In a separate bowl, combine self-rising flour, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well. Add the blackberries (or other fruit) to the batter.

Pour batter into hot pan with melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived