IGNORED

Bates Family Part 7

Boogalou

On 1/13/2016 at 9:49 AM, AreteJo said:

Gil's older daughters are exactly the look that perv Gothard goes for.  You also have to remember that before they were on the Duggar show, the Bates were NOBODIES in the IBLP/ATI world.  Those girls could have easily fallen prey to Gothard.  There was no way anyone sane parent would risk that exposure, but Gil did.

And people should never forget, Gil kept Erin from accepting a full ride scholarship in music at the University of Tennessee.  A real school that awards real degrees, not that Clown College bullshit.  Tell me again why Gil is a better father than Jim Bob?

I was so mad when he stopped her from accepting that scholarship.  It was such an incredible opportunity for her and he just took it away.  It's too bad she just couldn't tell him where to go and go off on her own to college.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Regarding Alyssa....she sure does seem to have an infinite wardrobe. Not trying to snark on ones income and purchasing choices, but I would like to just roam her closet. She always seems to have a new outfit. Where does she put all of this?! And where is she buying all of her clothes?

She's worn the boots and skirt from the most recent pic before, actually rewears a lot of her clothes. All that illicit fashion pinteresting before the wedding paid off!

I am sorry, but I feel that you cannot tell if Alyssa is pregnant or not based on her new photo.

She barely showed with Allie Jane. We will just have to wait and see.

If you look at how Allie Jane's leg is lying on Alyssa's stomach, as well as the belt, you can see that her stomach is incredibly flat for someone who is supposedly several weeks into her second pregnancy. For now, I'm going to vote "no" on a pregnancy. Being that she's a Bates, that could change at any moment.

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

Regarding Alyssa....she sure does seem to have an infinite wardrobe. Not trying to snark on ones income and purchasing choices, but I would like to just roam her closet. She always seems to have a new outfit. Where does she put all of this?! And where is she buying all of her clothes?

I don't believe that Alyssa has an "infinite wardrobe"--there are multiple pictures of many of her pieces, including dresses & accessories. She's worn that skirt & scarf before, as well as those boots. She has a black dress w/ teal accents that she's worn to church & to a wedding. I think she does a good job of mixing it up & making us think that she has tons of clothes. Maybe she's found a good consignment shop or a Plato's Closet store. Having seen her in person, I can attest that she is super tiny & can probably wear clothes from the junior's department.

If I was tiny like Alyssa, I would could get a crazy amount of clothes for cheap from H & M and Forever 21. You can have an extensive wardrobe for cheap when it's easy to find clothes in your size. There are so many places to buy cheap nice clothes. 

3 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

I don't think Erin will get pregnant again right away. The terrible labor she had along with the blood clot risks probably have them thinking, hopefully. The bruising with months of Lovenox shots would've made her look like she'd been punched repeatedly and those bruises hurt badly and don't go away quickly, and Chad would've seen that. 

I once had to take Lovenox shots for a few weeks, and the bruising was incredible.  Blotches bigger than my palm.  I can't imagine having to deal with that throughout an entire pregnancy.

Fortunately for Erin, she appears to have married a man who sincerely loves her for more than her broodmare potential.  I suspect the doctor, even if he's very fundie, spelled out the real risks of her becoming pregnant again too soon - or at all.

Erin and Chad seem thrilled to have Carson and probably realize that a big biological family isn't in the cards.  They may be able to have one or more biological children.  They could adopt.  And it's good to see how much Erin enjoys teaching children piano.

47 minutes ago, socalrules said:

If I was tiny like Alyssa, I would could get a crazy amount of clothes for cheap from H & M and Forever 21. You can have an extensive wardrobe for cheap when it's easy to find clothes in your size. There are so many places to buy cheap nice clothes. 

I agree with this completely. It is really easy to compile a kick ass wardrobe shopping at those type of stores. I'm around Alyssa's size and I've found a crap ton of dresses at Forever 21 And Rue 21 for $10 or less on sale. Plus I can always find jeggings at AE for around $20 on sale. I also agree that she does a good job at mixing and matching as well as rotating her outfits so it doesn't look like she is wearing the same thing all the time. I think she always looks cute and stylish and I would actually like to know where she got that skirt. I'd order it ASAP. lol

I don't know how to express this well, but I find it interesting that Lawson has a lot of Josie/Carlin pics. It makes me think that they (the three of them) are being prompted by Gil and Kelly to sort of...advertise themselves I guess? Like "look at these up-and-coming soon-to-be-legal Bates!!" Like Ma and Pa are aware they gotta marry these kids off eventually so make sure the single ones are seen and heard a lot to attract suitors. Does that make sense?

and obviously Josie is too young for that in a normal sense, but if Alyssa got married at 19 she probably met John earlier than is comfortable to think about. 

It's not like a conspiracy like "get on Instagram to get a husband/wife" but more like Gil and Kelly probably encourage them more to be active on social media than say Nathan, who's taken, or Tori, who might be courting or might be too valuable to lose a la Michael and Jana

its just a thought that's passed my mind a couple times 

1 minute ago, habert said:

I don't know how to express this well, but I find it interesting that Lawson has a lot of Josie/Carlin pics. It makes me think that they (the three of them) are being prompted by Gil and Kelly to sort of...advertise themselves I guess? Like "look at these up-and-coming soon-to-be-legal Bates!!" Like Ma and Pa are aware they gotta marry these kids off eventually so make sure the single ones are seen and heard a lot to attract suitors. Does that make sense?

and obviously Josie is too young for that in a normal sense, but if Alyssa got married at 19 she probably met John earlier than is comfortable to think about. 

It's not like a conspiracy like "get on Instagram to get a husband/wife" but more like Gil and Kelly probably encourage them more to be active on social media than say Nathan, who's taken, or Tori, who might be courting or might be too valuable to lose a la Michael and Jana

I don't think Gil will want Lawson to marry any time soon.  He helps support the family through "loans" he gives his Dad.

14 minutes ago, habert said:

I don't think so. I understand your observation. They travel more than someone who is not in school and/or working, so they have opportunity of meeting different people through their travels. I believe they have more freedom now because the kids are getting older, the parents are getting older and no older kids to remind them of the days of old. I do agree they are promoting the show, but to get courtships...nah. They are not like the Duggars to the "T."

Lawson probably was free of the loan business when UP appeared on the door step.

Especially when you are taught having kids is your only purpose. In that sense, you would feel a failure although you may not even want kids. They can't see you can love kid without having a dozen of your own. I see Erin being like Jill,among the few that will always stay QF.
AS far as the bates not being like the Duggars to a t, oh yes, once again they belong to the same organization that covered up child sexual abuse. GIl is a big as grifter as Boob. I think they are just treading carefully.

Which must suck for her, she seems to love children (Chad too!), and I can only imagine the pain she must feel when she sees everyone around her having kids easily.

1 hour ago, GnomeCat said:

I agree with this completely. It is really easy to compile a kick ass wardrobe shopping at those type of stores. I'm around Alyssa's size and I've found a crap ton of dresses at Forever 21 And Rue 21 for $10 or less on sale. Plus I can always find jeggings at AE for around $20 on sale. I also agree that she does a good job at mixing and matching as well as rotating her outfits so it doesn't look like she is wearing the same thing all the time. I think she always looks cute and stylish and I would actually like to know where she got that skirt. I'd order it ASAP. lol

It also helps that she lives in Florida, where she can wear clothes year round. Having 20 great pieces you can rotate all year vs having 10 winter pieces you can wear 6 months and 10 summer pieces you can wear 6 months makes a world of difference. I also don't think she's pregnant. 

4 hours ago, MissBitters said:

If you look at how Allie Jane's leg is lying on Alyssa's stomach, as well as the belt, you can see that her stomach is incredibly flat for someone who is supposedly several weeks into her second pregnancy. For now, I'm going to vote "no" on a pregnancy. Being that she's a Bates, that could change at any moment.

I agree. I was sort of leaning towards yes before, but the belt is sitting so flat there that I'm leaning towards no now.

someone up thread mentioned that for Erin Crown College matched her aspirations to just work in music part time, and yes that does seem to be true. 

But,  one thing about college, is that part of the purpose of it is to open your mind.  Who knows what musical and career aspirations Erin may have had if she had gone to a different and higher quality school, even an Accredited Christian School.  

Her whole life she has been told to keep her aspirations modest and view her main career as being a Mom to 10 or more kids.  But if she had gone elsewhere to school, been introduced to a variety of different cultural forms of music, and secular music etc,  it is possible that her aspirations may have changed.  And now, with her fertility issues making it less likely that she will have a whole litter of kids,  managing to balance a small family with a full time career might have been quite possible for her. 

As soon as she was encouraged to let the scholarship or pass on the interest in a real school,  she was keyholed into staying the course of a Fundie Mom with an acceptable "hobby" outside of the house. 

I don't know how many more kids Erin will have but I doubt it will be a whole bunch.  There are things you just can't fake and the sheer terror on Chad's face while the doctor explained the abruption to him and how lucky they were is one of those things.  I didn't see the fear on Derick's face, I didn't see the fear on Ben's face and their wives had scary deliveries too.  They may all be the same brand of whack-a-doo but I do think Chad values his wife and cares for her. 

On 1/14/2016 at 5:54 PM, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

I've got serious baby fever as of late. And looking at pics of these cute kids is NOT helping. I need to go hold a baby or something. 

Bradley is nearly as cute as Stephen Anderson. I don't find Allie terribly cute though.

I do have to say Gil's genes do make cute kids. Judson is pinchable and the younger girls are adorable.One of his nieces looks totally like Addalee. Unfortunately, all the cute in world can't make up for being part of Grifter Gil and the 19 Little Paychecks.

On 1/16/2016 at 0:59 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Wasn't Alyssa the one that said she didn't want a bunch of kids? Why would she get pregnant soon after having Allie?

She said she didn't want more than 8-10 kids. I guess that is not a bunch to her.

15 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

I don't think Erin will get pregnant again right away. The terrible labor she had along with the blood clot risks probably have them thinking, hopefully. The bruising with months of Lovenox shots would've made her look like she'd been punched repeatedly and those bruises hurt badly and don't go away quickly, and Chad would've seen that. 

After abdominal surgery, I was on Lovenox shots for a month.  It wasn't that bad at all.  I did have some bruises but they didn't hurt much.

Here's the situation for Erin (who seems to have little trouble getting pregnant, staying pregnant is the problem):

Some sort of birth control, not get pregnant.

No birth control, get pregnant, don't take Lovenox and subsequently miscarry each time. Lots of feelings of guilt (both religious and moral), emotional pain and physical pain having to endure miscarriages.

No birth control, get pregnant, take Lovenox and provided the rest of the pregnancy and baby is healthy, "all" that Erin has to suffer with is the worry that everything will be okay with baby and birth, oh and the bruises from Lovenox.

---

They're Christians (fundamentalists at that), and all of their decisions are based on not sinning by doing what the Lord wants for them. So, I just hope that they are being counselled in a way that works best for their family and ultimately in a way that they can live with. It's not just as straight forward for them as swallowing a few birth control pills (impossible for Erin) and calling it a day on the baby making.

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Here's the situation for Erin (who seems to have little trouble getting pregnant, staying pregnant is the problem):

Some sort of birth control, not get pregnant.

No birth control, get pregnant, don't take Lovenox and subsequently miscarry each time. Lots of feelings of guilt (both religious and moral), emotional pain and physical pain having to endure miscarriages.

No birth control, get pregnant, take Lovenox and provided the rest of the pregnancy and baby is healthy, "all" that Erin has to suffer with is the worry that everything will be okay with baby and birth, oh and the bruises from Lovenox.

---

They're Christians (fundamentalists at that), and all of their decisions are based on not sinning by doing what the Lord wants for them. So, I just hope that they are being counselled in a way that works best for their family and ultimately in a way that they can live with. It's not just as straight forward for them as swallowing a few birth control pills (impossible for Erin) and calling it a day on the baby making.

I also hope they get counseling. She and Carson nearly died during that birth. Placental abruption, on top of the Lovenox.... It was downplayed during the episode, and Erin looked amazing, but oh my, that was scary, and an hairs breadth from disaster. I think Chad realised that, and probably Erin too, later. 

16 minutes ago, Thorns said:

I also hope they get counseling. She and Carson nearly died during that birth. Placental abruption, on top of the Lovenox.... It was downplayed during the episode, and Erin looked amazing, but oh my, that was scary, and an hairs breadth from disaster. I think Chad realised that, and probably Erin too, later. 

I agree.  I think Chad values Erin and truly wants her in his life for many years.  I don't think he sees her solely as the woman that is to give him many children.  I think he truly would be devastated if she died in childbirth. 

My guess is that Chad and Erin uses NFP and given her condition they are both very committed to this and it thus has pretty high success rate if her periods are regular. While it is not quiverfull it is generally accepted among conservative Christians. I am sure that Erin would never abort an oops baby and would take the medicine necessary to maintain the pregnancy now that they know what to do but that right now I think they are doing what they can to space them out to be able to have as big a family as they can because I genuinely believe that Erin wants a big family. She has accepted that there will not be 15-20 kids like her parents but I think she will have as many biological children as she can have. I think they are spacing them out to give her body the best chance possible to handle it. I expect her to have 4-5 kids but probably at least 2-3 years apart unless there is an oops baby somewhere in the mix. 

13 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Lawson is short compared to Payton Manning.

Look at the hairline on Manning...I think he is a Duggar!!! :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived