IGNORED

Armed Protesters take over Oregon Federal Wildlife Refuge

violynn

So, if we can guess that the remaining few are True Believers in the cause, and if we believe that the leaders were all arrested/killed, then that means the remaining group will be feeling a bit desperate, inflamed by the arrests and death of one of their own, angered that people have left  and there may be jockeying for position as new leaders try to take over.  Toss in plenty of weaponry and wow-- sounds like there is no way this could end badly...

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last Dance video at the refuge, no I mean LITERALLY, last dance in camo.  You can spare yourself that maudlin spectacle by heading right to the 3:53 mark for follow up maudlin spectacle, because you need to know that NOBODY needs checkpoints, because after all, they are just CAMPING OUT and it's not YOU KNOW, Nazi Germany.  Really, you cannot make this sh*t up. 

ETA updates from Oregon Live: 

UPDATE 9:30 a.m. Thursday: Stewart Rhodes of Oath Keepers reports that a Montana man abandoned the refuge this morning, leaving just four occupiers. 

UPDATE 10 a.m. Thursday: Sean Anderson, one of the last holdouts, said he and the others just want to go home.

However, one of the remaining four (Sean Anderson?)  will be arrested, which they don't think is fair, so they are waiting to hear about that.  I think the standoff is in its last minutes. 

Oh, and they are assuming their IDs will be checked, and they are willing to have their weapons checked, so that it's clear that they are owned legally, like they are just going to be able to drive away with their own arsenal and ammunition intact. 

*scratches head in bewilderment*

I honestly have to wonder what their whole thought process was during this entire thing. (I know, there wasn't one)  But did they honestly think the government was going to be like "OK.  You're right.  Good job!  Enjoy your new land"  Give me a break.  Do what you want, but there will always be consequences for your actions.

So, what I"m getting out of this is that there were never more than about 10-15 people there to begin with?  After the calls for people to join them from across the nation?  

Is that right?

in terms of updates on OPB,  the standoff is essentially over, a convoy of armored cars has moved in, the Refuge is secure, but one person remains in one of the buildings, but it's not clear if it is someone holding out of if they are just inside, but have surrendered.  

Not with a bang, but a whimper.

FBI will hold a press conference @ 5:30 -- I'm assuming Oregon time. 

@salex, people were constantly coming and going so the actual number of people ebbed and flowed, but at one point it was at least 30 people.  After the arrest of the leaders and Fincum's death Tuesday evening, people started bailing out pretty quick. 

I must say that it's Oregon Public Broadcasting for the WIN on coverage.  They are live tweeting right now from as close as they can get to the Refuge, which is now relatively close.  As of about 20 minutes ago (6:20 pm CST), the Feds confirmed that there is still one person inside, but "there is no concern for safety". 

The Refuge is considered a crime scene, so Refuge workers won't be able to return for a bit. 

35 minutes ago, Howl said:

in terms of updates on OPB,  the standoff is essentially over, a convoy of armored cars has moved in, the Refuge is secure, but one person remains in one of the buildings, but it's not clear if it is someone holding out of if they are just inside, but have surrendered.  

Not with a bang, but a whimper.

FBI will hold a press conference @ 5:30 -- I'm assuming Oregon time. 

@salex, people were constantly coming and going so the actual number of people ebbed and flowed, but at one point it was at least 30 people.  After the arrest of the leaders and Fincum's death Tuesday evening, people started bailing out pretty quick. 

I must say that it's Oregon Public Broadcasting for the WIN on coverage.  They are live tweeting right now from as close as they can get to the Refuge, which is now relatively close.  As of about 20 minutes ago (6:20 pm CST), the Feds confirmed that there is still one person inside, but "there is no concern for safety". 

The Refuge is considered a crime scene, so Refuge workers won't be able to return for a bit. 

Re the bolded, I'd venture to guess that this was the FBI's goal, not only to minimize the risk of violence but also to fail to give them the attention they were seeking.

I'm a twittdiot --can you tell me how to find OPB's live tweets?

opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/oregon-malheur-refuge-militants-leave/

and scroll down.  The FBI press conference is in just a few minutes.  You should be able to listen by clicking in the upper left hand corner of that page. 

The FBI has released video of the shooting of LaVoy Finicum, taken from an aircraft that had been following the two vehicles headed to John Day.  It has been released on the FBI YouTube channel, but I have not yet been able to find it. 

ETA: according to the FBI news conference (5:30pm, Oregon time), there are still 4 people who have NOT left the Refuge, and negotiations are still ongoing to get these people to leave. Apparently they still want assurances that they won't be arrested. 

42 minutes ago, Howl said:

opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/oregon-malheur-refuge-militants-leave/

and scroll down.  The FBI press conference is in just a few minutes.  You should be able to listen by clicking in the upper left hand corner of that page. 

Got it, thanks!  Missed the beginning but I'm listening now. caught the very end.

The FBI footage of the incident is here

The incident at the second road block, showing LaVoy Finicum's death, begins at the 9 minute mark.  He exits his truck with his hands held up, but then reaches inside his coat and at that point is shot. 

This is likely the only video of the incident. 

7 hours ago, salex said:

So, what I"m getting out of this is that there were never more than about 10-15 people there to begin with?  After the calls for people to join them from across the nation?  

Is that right?

:pb_lol: It's like the big "trucker rally" that was supposed to descend on Washington, D.C. last year or the year before, where ONE MILLION!!!!! long-haul truckers were going to blaze into D.C. to protest....something having to do with Obama.

I think like two trucks showed up.

How did Lavoy Finicum (is that his real name?) support a family of 11  and how could he afford to be away from them for most of a month?

Finicum said payments for foster care were his main source of income. 

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/robert-lavoy-finicum-dead-rancher-bundy-burns-oregon/

(Almost at the bottom.  This has been reported by other sources.)

I've also read the foster kids were slave labor on his ranch.

Could someone explain to me why the hell Michelle Fiore, an Assemblywoman from Nevada and Bundy/militant sympathist-apologist-promoter, was on Twitter just after the FBI released their statement that there had been one fatality, claiming that it had been Finicum. She is in Nevada, not in Oregon, mind you . She claimed, on Twitter, that he was shot while surrendering, with his hands up. How would she even know? Why was she retweeted by several actual journalists, as if this was eyewitness testimony? I don't understand this at all.

I was reading some of the Twitter stream, while this was going on. It is astonishing how quickly these people are willing to completely disregard eye witness testimony, video and audio footage, and the words of their own leaders, if it does not fit in with their world view.

I hope this is over and that the "dirty trick" of arresting people who staged an armed occupation of federal property, destroyed federal property and accessed classified info, handled Native artifacts and paved a road over a Native archeological site, drove federal vehicles during the occupation, destroyed government property, put a whole TOWN on lock down, cost the city, state, and feds hundreds of thousands of dollars - AND DID IT ALL PROUDLY ON TV OR LIVESTREAMING OR YOUTUBE POSTS - is the last we hear about this.

But the world they live in is not the world most of us live in. Expect we're going to see more of this kind of behavior. I hope next time come there will be a next time law enforcement takes care of the problem before they get dug in.

@Bea   "But the world they live in is not the world most of us live in."

This absolutely is the crux issue.  Their worldview is filtered  paranoiac conspiracy echo chamber of the patriot internet;  literally, what is obvious and real to them is a crazy, warped view of reality to us.  Until the end of this, they can't believe that the rest of the world is not getting what is so obvious and crystal clear to them.  There are just getting the truth out so why should they be punished?  

Social media is the noose these people used to hang themselves.  From OregonLive: 

The FBI reviewed video posted on social media Wednesday that showed the remaining occupiers using refuge equipment "to move materials in a defensive position to block the roads," according to the affidavit.

"One individual* said the FBI 'is coming to kill us' and 'the media was waiting for a blood bath, now there is going to be one,' '' FBI special agent Katherine Armstrong wrote in the affidavit. "Another individual in the video stated, 'what you gonna do when the militia come after you FBI? '''

The affidavit quotes from an interview Patrick, one of the last leaders of the occupation, gave in an online radio show when he said he arrived Dec. 8 in Harney County. He also posted a photo on Facebook of him standing just outside of the refuge on Jan. 2, the day that armed militants took over the refuge.

On Jan. 8, Ehmer wrote on his Facebook page that he was guarding the eastern entrance to the refuge.

*I think this is the tightly wound screamer I referenced upthread. 

At this point, there are still four people holed up in the Refuge.  The judge in Portland will not release occupiers in custody until the occupation is OVER.   No wonder Ammon Bundy wants every body to leave; he's getting tired of jal food. 

I actually think that the FBI handled this well. They sat back and watched, tallying up charges, letting them run out of steam on their own. They have proved that they are all bluster to the whole country. 

Went away for the day and thought this would be all wrapped up.  

There are still the four yokels holed up at the Refuge, trying to negotiate their way out of Sean Anderson's arrest. Good luck with that.  I'd say their leverage with the FBI is zip. 

Ryan and Ammon Bundy have been denied bail. 

11 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

I actually think that the FBI handled this well. They sat back and watched, tallying up charges, letting them run out of steam on their own. They have proved that they are all bluster to the whole country. 

So true! The FBI did bide their time and chose the time and place to take action.  

Tactically brilliant: Road block as ambush on  narrow twisting mountain road with snowbanks on both sides, all the leaders of the occupation in two  cars and separated from any help or support from their compatriots back at the Refuge (maybe an hour or more away), a second road block to catch anyone fleeing from the first, and a helicopter (?) following and reporting every move as they moved along the highway.   With the leadership decapitated, everything fell apart.  

I'm glad the FBI released the video as soon as they did, as horrible as it was to watch.  

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

Went away for the day and thought this would be all wrapped up.  

There are still the four yokels holed up at the Refuge, trying to negotiate their way out of Sean Anderson's arrest. Good luck with that.  I'd say their leverage with the FBI is zip. 

Ryan and Ammon Bundy have been denied bail. 

So true! The FBI did bide their time and chose the time and place to take action.  

Tactically brilliant: Road block as ambush on  narrow twisting mountain road with snowbanks on both sides, all the leaders of the occupation in two  cars and separated from any help or support from their compatriots back at the Refuge (maybe an hour or more away), a second road block to catch anyone fleeing from the first, and a helicopter (?) following and reporting every move as they moved along the highway.   With the leadership decapitated, everything fell apart.  

I'm glad the FBI released the video as soon as they did, as horrible as it was to watch.  

The judge granted bail for two seditionists, Shawna Cox and O'Shaugnessy (sp), but it's being appealed.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/prosecutors-use-refuge-occupiers-own-words-against-them-/

I think the strategy was pretty textbook in terms of separating the leaders from the team and also isolating the site of the intervention.

The aerial footage was a plane.  I saw pics on it on FlightAware (someone tweeted a link, I believe) and the path it took to get to Burns.

I saw an article with a link to Oregon's rules of engagement, but I was reading multiple links at the time and got sidetracked.  Has anyone seen that?  (It almost had to be on the Oregon Live or OPB sites, but damned if I could find it again.)

The tinfoil brigade is still arguing it was a shot in the back.  And the four on the refuge want pardons for everyone.

Seriously, again, did they NOT expect consequences for their actions?

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Audio interview of girl who was in the truck with LeVoy Finicum.  

I listened to that interview the other day.  I half expected to see her family discussed on FJ -- they sound potentially fundy -- the Sharp Family Singers, from Kansas, anyone know of them?  Eight or nine kids, I think, including Joshua and Josiah, among others.  On the other hand, at least one of the girls wore jeans and one of the young boys, named Stephan, has long hair to the point where the interviewer thought he was a girl (this is all info from a video I found of them performing at the refuge -- was one of Pete Santilli's youtubes -- can't remember if it was posted in this thread or not.  Could probably find it again if needed)

ETA:  Found the video -- introduction of the family starts around the 20:00 mark. 

Sharp Family Singers! What an excellent find!  They are not to be confused with the Sharp Family Singers (mom, dad, three daughters) who are from Indiana and confirm they've never been to Oregon (time for a road trip?).

The Frisky had this to say about the Sharp Family Singers! from Auburn, Kansas at the Refuge:

Today, the entertainment included a family band, The Sharp Family Singers! Said band consists of the children of Odalis Sharp, ages 7-20. Odalis Sharp, by the way, had one of her children taken away from her and placed into the foster system, on charges of neglect after he ran away. The single mother of 10 claimed that this was because he didn’t like “the right, wholesome and pure path in which I was leading him — in which God was leading us.”

Right. That is usually why children get taken out of their homes and placed in the foster system. I don’t know what she means by “the right, wholesome and pure path in which I was leading him” but I’m definitely picturing the mom from Carrie crossed with Mama Rose fromGypsy.

According to reports from the Kansas City Star, the group sang “Amazing Grace,” “Mary Did You Know?” and the “Star-Spangled Banner.” Interestingly, they chose to close out with Woody Guthrie’s “This Land is Your Land”–an odd choice given that I’m sure they are not exactly on board with Guthrie’s politics, or the meaning of the song itself. Either that or they don’t get what the song is about, which is entirely possible and in fact likely.

The family previously performed at the Bundy Ranch standoff.

My goodness, they do sound extremely snarkworthy.  Like a mom who would let her  18-year-old daughter get in a truck to travel 100 miles away,  with people who are conducting a siege?  Or maybe the family had gone back to Kansas and left the daughter in Shawna Cox's care to cook and clean?

Also, in the strange world of the Interwebs, I discovered that evil Hillary Cllinton has brokered a deal through the Clinton Foundation to sell uranium reserves UNDER THE HAMMOND'S RANCH to the Russians.  THANK YOU, moralmatters.org Web site.  Without this Web presence getting to the  truth, I would not now know that the entire Malheur occupation is a George Soros funded psy ops designed to lure in innocent patriots who will be branded terrorists AND to discredit a movement with pure motives + guns confiscated by ebil gov'ment!  Somewhere in there I lost how the Hammonds will lose their ranch to the Russians, but Yes, I'm telling you! 

Here's how it works: 

In other words, this Oregon standoff is a divide-and-conquer psychological operation. It is very likely that Soros has funded and staffed the participants because the #YallQaeda hashtag suggests that Patriots = Terrorists. Soros and his fellow evildoers are using this Oregon standoff event to brainwash Americans into believing that all militia types are the same as “al Qaeda.”

This “Oregon standoff” psychological operation is designed to draw out all the gun-toting patriots and Constitution-loving citizens so as to identify them, put their names and faces into government “watch list” databases, and then brand these well-intentioned America citizens as “Domestic Terrorists.”

The whole point of this psychological operation is to make American patriots appear to be Terrorists so that they can be marginalized, put on government “watch lists,” and then their guns will be confiscated for those reasons.

This use of multi-faceted psychological operations (such as the “Oregon Standoff”) is a sinister method being used by the Control System  against Americans who may be drawn into a situation where they run the risk of being classified as Domestic Terrorists, and thereby persecuted.

In line with the psy ops angle, this site has  already posted several articles on the LaVoy Finicum death hoax!  I highly recommend moralmatters.org if you'd like to visit an alternative universe designed especially for paranoiacs, without leaving the comfort of your own home! For example,  they note at the top of their Web page that False Reality Events are one of the primary topics covered by their site.  I just googled "false reality events" and all references lead back to moralmatters.org, so there's that. 

I was debating whether to start a thread on the Sharps.

10 kids.

Single mother now.

She homeschools.

She's in Kansas's abuse registry.

They were already at the meeting, waiting for the others from the refuge to arrive.  They sang while they waited for news.

I found several .pdfs about them, but they're on my Kindle and it's not right with me, so I will add them later.

Also appeared at Cliven Bundy's ranch.

I'm hoping Kansas has opened a new file . . . . .

Edit 1:  http://www.kansascity.com/news/government-politics/article56634323.html

Must read - son's comments about his mother as "an interesting person."  

Edit 2:  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/us/family-gospel-band-provided-soundtrack-for-oregon-refuge-standoff.html

So, she's facing eviction, and her solution is to hare off to Oregon for a few weeks?

Yes, God, whatever you command.  *eyes roll*

Edit 3:  Found the pdfs!  Trigger warning:  child abuse

http://www.kslegislature.org/li_2014/b2013_14/committees/ctte_h_children_and_seniors_1/documents/testimony/20140130_05.pdf

http://www.kscourts.org/Cases-and-Opinions/Opinions/Unpublished/Ctapp/2015/20151023/110504%20.pdf

NOTE ON THE SECOND LINK - contains details of child abuse.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived