IGNORED

Armed Protesters take over Oregon Federal Wildlife Refuge

violynn

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

He's worried about his family.  Shouldn't that have been a consideration BEFORE he entered into a massive conspiracy?

I'm convinced that the Bundys (and other occupiers) truly believed they were invincible and  there would be no repercussions because God was on their side and

1. Nothing happened after the original 2014 Bundy ranch standoff

2. People came and went and nothing happened for 3 weeks during the Malheur occupation 

3. Oops, then something DID happen

I suspect Ammon Bundy is going to miss a lot of the milestones in his kids' lives -- ball games, graduations, marriages.  I think they simply have no clue how bad this is going to be. 

On the other hand, if some of their crimes are tried in Nevada, there could easily be some rogue jurors who will be glad to see them walk. 

57 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

CcrwJF6VIAAoO0d.jpg

I guess that settles it then...

Except they are in jail and we're not.  So there's that......

1 minute ago, Howl said:

I'm convinced that the Bundys (and other occupiers) truly believed they would be invincible and  there would be no repercussions because God was on their side and

1. Nothing happened after the original 2014 Bundy ranch standoff

2. People came and went and nothing happened for 3 weeks during the Malheur occupation 

3. Oops, then something DID happen

I suspect Ammon Bundy is going to miss a lot of the milestones in his kids' lives -- ball games, graduations, marriages.  I think they simply have no clue how bad this is going to be. 

On the other hand, if some of their crimes are tried in Nevada, there could easily be some rogue jurors who will be glad to see them walk. 

They certainly do seem confident, but then I look at associated FB pages and there was a LOT of hysteria.  (They're coming to get the cows, they're coming to get Jerry, they're coming to get Brandon, they've indicted 84 . . . )

I actually admire the government's patience in allowing them lots of rope to "hang" themselves.  Their actions are well-documented by their own hands.

I have been thinking about joint trials and severing trials and logistics . . . I really wonder how this circus is going to be corralled.  It will be fascinating to watch.

This is one of the "gunmen" who (according to the sources I read) was at Bundyville and Malheur.

A lot of what I read in the press amuses me.  Some of what I read coming from the group themselves flat out scares me.  This is in the second category.

Seditionist.png.fd62fb1673fde6a940cb95d6

Edit to add this:

https://www.oathkeepers.org/official-call-to-action/

Oath Keepers is calling on ALL members and Patriots to attend this weekends National Stand With Me Rallies to Support the Finicum Family and Demand the release of our of people. We ask that if possible State Leadership try and speak at these rallies. Please emphasize the reason these fellow American’s went to Bundy Ranch was to prevent a reoccurrence of Waco and Ruby Ridge. They went to help safe guard the lives of the elderly, women and children. We stand in Solidarity with the Finicum family and also demand an independent investigation of the killing of LaVoy Finicum and release of all video, audio and all pertinent information. Please be civil at these and future protests. Please if you carry, carry concealed if you are able or consult local laws. We must continue to hold the moral high ground in all that we do.

I see potential for a disaster . . . . 

Where exactly do they suggest an independent investigation come from?

Does anyone have a good, reliable online news source from Nevada (or Bundyland) that they would recommend?  I've been really enjoying (such as it is) the coverage from the Oregonian and OPB, and would like to find something similar for the Nevada case as it moves forward, but the one LV paper I keep coming upon seems to have limited coverage at best.

Or are there other sources that are really up in the Bundy business?

The Salt Lake Tribune and Desert News are tracking the Bundy cases and cover some of the related Nevada stuff. Also, Paul Rolly  (SLTribune) writes a lot about the Bundys. 

I checked out the Las Vegas Weekly, an alternative paper. Putting "Bundy" in the search box brought up 

DESPICABILITY INDEX: CLIVEN BUNDY VS. DONALD STERLING  lasvegasweekly.com/as-we-see-it/2014/may/07/despicability-index-cliven-bundy-vs-donald-sterlin/  Apparenty it's up to the reader to decide. 

I searched "Bundy" on the Nevada Public Radio site: knpr.org/search/content/Bundy  but doesn't seem like they are keeping up with the Bundys to the extent that the opb site did, but it could be a useful source.  

It looks like Jeff German, the court reporter for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, is covering Bundy's court appearances and Tweeting as he goes.

https://twitter.com/JGermanRJ

I also just came across the Reno Gazette-Journal, which is part of the Gannett Network :( but seems to be carrying lots of relevant letters to the editor.  (That's always a plus in my book.)

http://www.rgj.com/search/Bundy/

I wonder if Nevada PB will recognize the interest and allocate more time.  (I wonder if an e-mail encouraging that would be well received.)

Here's one of German's pieces from yesterday.  Interesting to see the analysis from members of the legal community:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/courts-are-new-front-line-bundy-s-battle-the-government

ETA:  Whoa.  Working my way through the comments.  Clearly the ratio of noise:intelligence is different here as opposed to the OLive.

ok a real chip off the cow patty well when god does not rescue him and lets him suffer for his parents stupidity. 

20 hours ago, Howl said:

Cliven's 17-year-old son: 

Wow damn you Cliven Bundy, you messed up that kid so bad... :(

First, a disclaimer: No, I am NOT making this sh*t up.  

The patriot/militia camo-sexual movement  is trying to capitalize on the Malheur occupation and subsequent arrests to "educate" people about their point of view, and used LaVoy Finicum rallies this past Saturday as a platform. Now they are trying to make common cause with Native Americans and Black Lives Matter, because, ya know, they have a LOT in common because blacks and Native Americans have been abused in the same way patriot groups are being abused!   Who knew?

The white supremacist legacy and current reality in the patriot/militia movement could be a problem, but these are not introspective people with a keen appreciation for irony.   
 opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/portland-oregon-standoff-protest-rally-lavoy-finicum/

This weekend in Portland, OR

PPN [Pacific Patriot Network] co-founder B.J. Soper spoke of the need for more collaboration and communication between protest groups. Gavin Seim’s brother Nate Seim called on Black Lives Matter organizers and on Native American activists to work with the patriot movement.

“We’re not separate, we’re not divided. They’re abusing the black community the same as they’re abusing the patriots,” Nate Seim said to a largely white crowd. “They’re abusing the Indians and stealing their land exactly the same.”

Those overtures were flatly rejected by Teressa Raiford, a leader of Portland’s Black Lives Matter movement.

“Their flag is my nightmare,” said Teressa Raiford. “What they stand for is not anything that I want anything to do with, ever.” 

A council member from the Burns Paiute Tribe joined a counter protest in Portland. 

Burns Paiute tribal council member Jarvis Kennedy joined a group of about 35 environmentalists and counterprotesters there to show support for public lands, including the Malheur refuge.  Kennedy said he came to Portland to stand with those who have supported the tribe throughout the occupation.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived