IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 3 AKA Amy and Dillon King

Coconut Flan

@SweetFellowshipper, I know we snark on Amy and she can be pretty mean herself sometimes, it pains me to see the Duggars do that to her. Also, when did she make the "sewing skirts" comment? I may have missed that.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@season of life, on the picture of her ahd a makeup artist friend 2 days ago, a friend jokes, "get that fundie money girl!" And amy says, "Oh you know staying home & sewing skirts and memorizing the whole Bible in a day is definitely my lifestyle." Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Is anyone else following her on snapchat? She made this super cringey comment there last night, where her and the husband are sitting in bed and she goes "six months is tomorrow, we're celebrating it by watching Friends on Netflix all night.. Netflix and chill..." and then she makes a face and he goes "Oh yeah..." 

I'm clueless. If you make videos or pictures on Snapchat, do they automatically go to all your followers?

2 minutes ago, season of life said:

I'm clueless. If you make videos or pictures on Snapchat, do they automatically go to all your followers?

They do if you add it to "my story" which is basically your public story. Most "public figures" who use snapchat use it like this instead of sending out pictures or videos to everyone directly. 

I agree with others that it makes no sense for Crystal to be upset they didn't respond. Whether we like it or not, the Duggars are celebrities, even if D-listers. If I sent a package or a letter to a celeb (which I wouldn't do), I would not expect a personal reply. I'm sure they received dozens (if not hundreds) of baby gifts, and for mere safety, can't send personal replies. 

That's really sad that the girls are not allowed to see Amy on their own/at her house. There are things about Amy I may disagree with, but she's pretty tame and mild by most normal standards. If the girls can't handle Amy, I can't even imagine them in a situation with *gasp* a non-Christian.  

To add onto what CruitLvr1 said, I think we can understand the Duggars being wary of strangers trying to reach out to them. In the beginning of 19 Kids and Counting, Jim Bob or Michelle mentioned how they got letters asking about the daughters and Jessa said some of them were creeps. They may be okay with donations, but getting a package and a text of some kind out of the blue can be unnerving. 

So is Jessa included in the cousins that aren't allowed to see Amy? That would basically confirm that even the married kids are still under JB's control right?

22 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

So is Jessa included in the cousins that aren't allowed to see Amy? That would basically confirm that even the married kids are still under JB's control right?

Well, we don't know.  But it could mean that even as a married woman, they are so brainwashed that even though she COULD go see Amy, she chooses not to so as not to put her soul at risk of eternal damnation.

8 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Well, we don't know.  But it could mean that even as a married woman, they are so brainwashed that even though she COULD go see Amy, she chooses not to so as not to put her soul at risk of eternal damnation.

or Ben won't let her seem her without himself present - because there is a video of J & B at the TTH and B is interacting with Dillion - and Ben looks a little perturbed even for him or maybe Ben doesn't like him either 

29 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Good point. Ugh these poor kids / kid adults. They have no chance.

1 hour ago, nst said:

or Ben won't let her seem her without himself present - because there is a video of J & B at the TTH and B is interacting with Dillion - and Ben looks a little perturbed even for him or maybe Ben doesn't like him either 

Maybe Dillion used a big word Ben didn't understand. Or worse, maybe Dillion tried to discuss something non-religious and Ben became confused. 

2 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Maybe Dillion used a big word Ben didn't understand. Or worse, maybe Dillion tried to discuss something non-religious and Ben became confused. 

Or maybe Dillon tried to discuss something religious and Ben became confused.

Just now, EmCatlyn said:

Or maybe Dillon tried to discuss something religious and Ben became confused.

I think we can agree Ben is just confused, like all the time.

That's so depressing that these women can't even go over to their cousins' house by themselves because of fear she's going to corrupt them. It's even sadder to think that they probably don't even ponder what they're missing by being so controlled. 

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That's so depressing that these women can't even go over to their cousins' house by themselves because of fear she's going to corrupt them. It's even sadder to think that they probably don't even ponder what they're missing by being so controlled. 

The fact that they cannot go to Amy's house leads one to surmise that they pretty much can't go anywhere. At least Amy's house would be considered safe. We know they go in pairs everywhere. So basically they can go out to do the family shopping or errands but that is it. I highly doubt the girls ever get up one day and decide they want to go browse at the mall for no reason or just go out to lunch and are allowed to do so. I guess they really do spend the majority of their time at home. Seems like all the "adventures" we see on the show when they are out and about really only occurs on the show. As someone posted on either this or another thread, how are these people not bored? 

What's better? Being a single Duggar daughter or being a married Duggar daughter? Being married has its perks because they can have a home of their own and not be crowded with all those little ones, but at the same time, they are expected to breed and please their husbands 24/7. Forget about any career prospects. Being single in the Duggar household, while very dull and uneventful, means you don't have to be constantly pregnant or having sex with someone because he said so.

4 minutes ago, season of life said:

What's better? Being a single Duggar daughter or being a married Duggar daughter? Being married has its perks because they can have a home of their own and not be crowded with all those little ones, but at the same time, they are expected to breed and please their husbands 24/7. Forget about any career prospects. Being single in the Duggar household, while very dull and uneventful, means you don't have to be constantly pregnant or having sex with someone because he said so.

I'll take the third option (none of the above)

Just now, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I'll take the third option (none of the above)

But you'll miss out on grocery store pickles and Bible time!!! :pb_surprised:

24 minutes ago, season of life said:

I mean from my wordly, non fundie perspective obviously being a single daughter is the better (if still ridiculously awful) option. Though I can see why the married Duggar life would seem tempting for the girls: you get limited control over your life as in maybe you can sometimes see a tame movie or go for lunch with a sister or two, but in return you also have to basically pop out kids for the next 10 (if you're lucky) to 20 (may God help you) years and then probably also homeschool them, passing on the limited knowledge you got from YOUR homeschool education. 

I'm pretty sure none of the Duggar girls would ever admit it, with JB such a looming presence, but they're probably all jealous of Amy. (She has Netflix! Imagine how much the Duggar girls could learn just from watching some Netflix... a low bar)

There's no way all of them can be satisfied living the life they're living. We saw that with Josh, even though he's an extreme example. At least Jill and Jessa have Instagram and can get some validation from there? For the married daughters, all they do is wake up, cook, clean, look after their babies, put up a photo on Instagram, have Bible conversations with their husbands, and then go to bed.

The married Duggar kids will always have Jim Bob to fall back on. We can snark on him but I have no doubt that he will make sure that even his married kids will have roofs over their heads and food on their plates. I don't think that is even possible for many other married fundies. Many of these young women end up married to men who have little income because they refuse to work for someone else. They live below the poverty level and have been raised to not take government handouts. Their parents are likely as broke and unable to help.

I would rather be a single fundy girl than married with eleventy kids I can't feed and not allowed to work to help out. The pressure of knowing your kids are going hungry or without healthcare because of the lifestyle in which you were raised would eat most people alive. At least when you are a SAHD you only have to take care of the house and childcare, the true worries are on your parents.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived