IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 3 AKA Amy and Dillon King

Coconut Flan

On February 10, 2016 at 5:18 PM, MatthewDuggar said:

When TLC gave Famy the special episodes involving her "big trip" to Nashville, I came away from it thinking it's sort of one of those pipe dreams many people think of and due to her association with 19 kids, she got her 15 minutes.  Between acting all "scared" and needing constant stroking from her mother and Grandma, on top of coming to a recording session not having the lyrics memorized, it's pretty obvious she doesn't take a career in singing all that serious.  Does the People article mention what her career aspirations are, if anything?

Singers never know lyrics. It's AMAZING. 

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Singers never know lyrics. It's AMAZING. 

Most singers I've met actually have had to have the lyrics in front of them now that I think back!

As a guitarist though (was in a band for many years - local pub scene - nothing flash) I know the lyrics and some are still stuck. Our vocalists also had tremendous memories - no music stand with lyrics there!

If you practice enough, they will come. :)

On 2/13/2016 at 8:17 PM, Mela99 said:

Why don't they have an oven .... ? 

Is that even technically legal to rent it out without one? Some cooking source?

I rented a very expensive shoebox in a giant city once that only had a microwave/convection oven combo.  I'm guessing that's not Amy's situation.

Those tats are very hard to read. 
The first one looks like: "Ryt in the sewer", and the other one is indecipherable to me.

Amy likes to tell everyone how different she is from the Duggars while still trying to make money off her connection to the family. She's basically a cheerful parasite. Harmless, happy and dim, but a parasite nonetheless. 

She has been making a deal about this "Random Acts of Kindness" thing on Twitter today... Some QF mommy even barfed "you are such an inspiration! I'll do something kind today because of you!" (You need Amy to inspire this?!)

Amy then boasts this Redbox DVD photo, with a dollar and note inside.

I'm fairly certain that the machine will reject this act of kindness: The ID band on the center of the DVD is completely blocked.

image.jpeg

Recently, the son of someone I know was diagnosed with cancer. Someone from their church handed her a brand new iPad, earbuds and an envelope full of money for her son. When she asked who gave it all to her son so she could thank them, she was told that there was a group at her church that routinely give anonymously to people in their time of need. That is a random act of kindness. If you have to prove how good you are to the world then you are not truly altruistic. 

12 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Ugh, I hate when people feel the need to broadcast their random kindness.  She definitely has the Duggar ego.

HEY LOOK EVERYONE LOOK HOW GOOD I AM I DID THE BARE MINIMUM OF A GOOD DEED

I think we can add "compassionate" to the list of things that are like being a lady: if you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

As long as she doesn't start posting pictures of herself giving things like donuts to the homeless like the Dullards...

On 2/13/2016 at 9:17 PM, Mela99 said:

Why don't they have an oven .... ? 

Is that even technically legal to rent it out without one? Some cooking source?

The county I live in has a zoning law that states you can only have one gas line per private residence (to prevent someone from buying a house in the suburbs and then splitting it into multiple apartments). I've rented basement apartments and had a fridge, washing machine, and full bathroom, but had to use a hot plate and microwave for cooking. I would imagine Arkansas wouldn't be as strict though, being more rural?

I can't imagine living like that. No baking? Living off stove top meals and microwave mac and cheese? Girl, you're not supposed to live like a broke ass college student when you whore your story and your family out to People. 

On 1/6/2016 at 10:16 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I wish my parents would've told me about their divorce via text message. Sitting down as a family and talking about it was awful. 

Had the technology been available when I was young, I also would have preferred a text when my brother was getting divorced. No one that I was related to told me, but my now ex-sister-in-law told me point blank when we were alone, "I wish I could say things were different, but I really don't love your brother anymore." I was old enough to understand, in my teens, but it still hurt to hear it when she came out with it so directly. I still wish it had been something like, "We are splitting up and leading separate lives, but I still care about you and want to see you," or something like that. Not about me, I know, but that's another set of personal baggage on my part.

4 hours ago, nausicaa said:

The county I live in has a zoning law that states you can only have one gas line per private residence (to prevent someone from buying a house in the suburbs and then splitting it into multiple apartments). I've rented basement apartments and had a fridge, washing machine, and full bathroom, but had to use a hot plate and microwave for cooking. I would imagine Arkansas wouldn't be as strict though, being more rural?

Why could you not have an electric range?  I don't have a gas line in my house at all.  

2 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Why could you not have an electric range?  I don't have a gas line in my house at all.  

Hmmm...I don't know actually. I know when I was looking for apartments here (and in this area there aren't any apartment buildings, it's all in-law suites and basements), electric ranges were not provided in the kitchens, only hot plates and microwaves. Maybe because the owners didn't want to deal with the increased electric bill? (most of the time rent included utilities). I'm also not positive on the wording of the law; I assumed it dictated a single gas line, but maybe it's something about one oven? Though that seems harder and weirder to enforce. 

I got lucky and found a cottage on someone's property, so since it's a separate structure I finally have a full kitchen!

11 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I can't imagine living like that. No baking? Living off stove top meals and microwave mac and cheese? Girl, you're not supposed to live like a broke ass college student when you whore your story and your family out to People. 

To be fair, I lived without ovens in China (both when I worked in a rural village and when I lived in Shanghai). They're not as much of a "thing" in Chinese cooking (there is baking, but most of the time, you get that stuff from a store). I managed to make a wide variety of healthy, tasty meals for myself. As did my Chinese friends who didn't have ovens. But apparently the majority of one billion Chinese people/people who live in China live "like broke-ass college students" (even though they have the highest number of billionaires in the world) because they don't have ovens. If I wanted to bake, I used a rice cooker. Actually worked pretty well.

I lived for six years without a range (that's what would have made it an actual apartment, which it was not supposed to be), and I'm a good cook. Also single, so I didn't need to roast a whole turkey or anything. There are enough really good table-top appliances out there (crockpots, stand-alone burners, convection ovens, roasters, steamers, George Foreman stuff, rice cookers...), plus outdoor grills, that you can pretty much make anything without a range. My cousin's husband is a gourmet cook and their range broke and he didn't bother to fix it for two years and they are really, really well. Now I have an apartment that has a range but I've used it maybe twice. You don't have to live on ramen noodles and microwave crap just because you don't have a range.

On 2/18/2016 at 11:04 PM, socalrules said:

Recently, the son of someone I know was diagnosed with cancer. Someone from their church handed her a brand new iPad, earbuds and an envelope full of money for her son. When she asked who gave it all to her son so she could thank them, she was told that there was a group at her church that routinely give anonymously to people in their time of need. That is a random act of kindness. If you have to prove how good you are to the world then you are not truly altruistic. 

Yea, but did she get A DOLLAR in the Redbox machine?

On February 18, 2016 at 10:47 AM, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

As long as she doesn't start posting pictures of herself giving things like donuts to the homeless like the Dullards...

Free donuts, no less.

15 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Free donuts, no less.

I can't resist...one of the things I hated most during my newspaper career was getting phone calls from people who wanted the paper (and this happened all over the place) to "send a reporter" (like it's 1976 "Lou Grant" and a horde of reporters are sitting around ready to spring at a moment's notice) because they or their kid or their Sunday school class was going to present a blanket or a basket of food or some used toys to a) homeless people, 2) sick people, 3) old people.

Often phrased as "you run so much bad news, and here is positive news."
My policy was if you were running a legit charity event, and told us in advance (even if it was, for example, Susie is going to raise funds instead of getting presents for her birthday party, and if you'd like to donate it will be at the firehouse at 6 p.m. on Friday), I'd likely run it (no guarantees though, unless you want to buy an ad) so that people who want to contribute have a chance to. If you just want your picture in the paper because you are giving your old crap, or the old canned goods out of your pantry--or donuts you got for free--to hapless unlucky people that you also want in the photo, not gonna happen. 

13 hours ago, patsymae said:

I can't resist...one of the things I hated most during my newspaper career was getting phone calls from people who wanted the paper (and this happened all over the place) to "send a reporter" (like it's 1976 "Lou Grant" and a horde of reporters are sitting around ready to spring at a moment's notice) because they or their kid or their Sunday school class was going to present a blanket or a basket of food or some used toys to a) homeless people, 2) sick people, 3) old people.

Often phrased as "you run so much bad news, and here is positive news."
My policy was if you were running a legit charity event, and told us in advance (even if it was, for example, Susie is going to raise funds instead of getting presents for her birthday party, and if you'd like to donate it will be at the firehouse at 6 p.m. on Friday), I'd likely run it (no guarantees though, unless you want to buy an ad) so that people who want to contribute have a chance to. If you just want your picture in the paper because you are giving your old crap, or the old canned goods out of your pantry--or donuts you got for free--to hapless unlucky people that you also want in the photo, not gonna happen. 

They should be living here in my area.  I swear that 85% of the local nightly news highlights the most mundane charities or charitable events.  Someone could sneeze outside the country club #2045 and there will be a lavish "champagne benefit lunch" to prevent the Zika virus locally.  Meanwhile, it's been years of meetings to try and decide where it's most appropriate to build a new homeless shelter.  I'm certainly grateful for those wealthy and generous enough to donate to any cause, but Christ, these people need direction.

Speaking of reporters waiting in the wings, as a part-time gig, I answer overflow calls for a national US TV network and I get requests to send or speak to reporters for literally everything under the sun.  Either that or pissed off viewers who feel a certain news segment was "biased" based on the reporter's facial expression.  It's getting even more cray-cray now that it's an election year.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived