IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 3 AKA Amy and Dillon King

Coconut Flan

On 2/27/2016 at 8:11 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder how much she makes off that though? If they outright pay her or give her a 20% discount when she shops or something. 

I think it depends on the company and stuff, but there are people who are able to fully support themselves off of sponsored deals. 

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/25/2016 at 6:15 AM, Ace3 said:

I was looking at her Instagram this morning (she was defending her sponsored post...) and someone asked if she was going to be on the new show and she responded, "it's only going to feature my cousins :) " then someone asked "Why aren't you going to be on the new Duggar show? Personal choice" and she answered, "I love them but yes, it was a personal choice :) " 

I wonder if she is peddling it as a personal choice because she was not invited back to this show. The same person asked about her singing career but she didn't answer that question...lol. 

I also wonder if Dillon has anything to do with it. He's made his distaste for most of the family quite clear, my bet is that he wants absolutely nothing to do with it.

On 2/27/2016 at 3:27 PM, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

Why do we have to look under "AmyDuggar with no spaces" to find her? Shouldn't it be AmyKing? I thought she was sooooo glad to get married and ditch her duggar last name... 

In her defence, you can't change snapchat usernames. I'm stuck with the username I chose when I was 17 in 2012. There's no way to change the username and keep all your friends etc., so I'm guessing Amy created it prior to marrying Dillon but is only sharing now to attract attention get herself out there more now that she's not on the show.

Looks like someone isn't holding back on Twitter! She seems really keen to generate attention for someone who doesn't 'choose' to be on the new show...

image.png

I was looking at her Instagram this morning (she was defending her sponsored post...) and someone asked if she was going to be on the new show and she responded, "it's only going to feature my cousins [emoji4] " then someone asked "Why aren't you going to be on the new Duggar show? Personal choice" and she answered, "I love them but yes, it was a personal choice [emoji4] " 

I wonder if she is peddling it as a personal choice because she was not invited back to this show. The same person asked about her singing career but she didn't answer that question...lol. 

I also wonder if Dillon has anything to do with it. He's made his distaste for most of the family quite clear, my bet is that he wants absolutely nothing to do with it.

Why do we have to look under "AmyDuggar with no spaces" to find her? Shouldn't it be AmyKing? I thought she was sooooo glad to get married and ditch her duggar last name... 

In her defence, you can't change snapchat usernames. I'm stuck with the username I chose when I was 17 in 2012. There's no way to change the username and keep all your friends etc., so I'm guessing Amy created it prior to marrying Dillon but is only sharing now to attract attention get herself out there more now that she's not on the show.

She shared her snapchat name a long time ago. I've been watching her snaps for 6+ months.

Dang Amy. I do not care for the word "sluts" and I have a feeling her definition of that word is pretty broad.

I picture Dillon deleting a bevy of attractive ladies from his Instagram in a panic.

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

She shared her snapchat name a long time ago. I've been watching her snaps for 6+ months.

Even so - do we know when she created the account? It it was pre-marriage, it makes sense that she'd be stuck with Duggar. Even if we all know how much she loves drawing that connection post-wedding, it's feasible that she's stuck with it.

that being said, her Twitter still says Duggar so everything I'm saying could be a bunch of crap.

Amy recently posted a new Instagram post (my work blocks IG, so I can't put up a screenshot).  It's mostly her saying that people post mean comments, but she also says "I am not riding the coat tails of my family.  Their show is simply their show.  I haven't appeared on their show in over a year.  I want nothing but the best for all of them!  I would never make up stories of feed anything distasteful and [Dillon] wouldn't either."

LOL, okay Amy.

Then she says she needs to go back to bed "or I'll be a walking zombie Tomm at work."  AMY WORKS?!  Or does she mean she'll be a zombie when she endorses products on Instagram?

Wow. That's quite the Twitter post. I wonder if it's about someone specifically or what.

I noticed Derick's mom Cathy follows her on Twitter. I wonder what she thinks of posts like that.

23 hours ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

Looks like someone isn't holding back on Twitter! She seems really keen to generate attention for someone who doesn't 'choose' to be on the new show...

image.png

Ah ignorance. Think before you tweet, Amy. 

10 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

lol her tweets read a lot like kids in high school. Too bad she's close to/is 30 and not 16. 

amy is quite the spectacle 

I check up on my one of my least favorite Duggars, and she does not disappoint!  What a Tweet!

21 hours ago, Defrauding Feminist ESQ said:

Then she says she needs to go back to bed "or I'll be a walking zombie Tomm at work."  AMY WORKS?!  Or does she mean she'll be a zombie when she endorses products on Instagram?

Last we heard, Amy watches a neighbor's kids after school until the mom gets home from work.  That's her job:  part-time babysitter.  She will turn 30-years-old this year and that's the only job she has ever had outside of getting paid by TLC when she appeared occasionally on the Duggar reality TV show.

She's still doing the babysitting? 

How are the Kings getting by on a babysitter's income and a graphic designer's income? I know they are only two people, but groceries and date nights can get a little pricey. Not to mention bills have to be paid. I assume she may be getting some money for advertising products on Instagram.

Ugh Amy is beyond annoying, in my opinion.  "Look at me look at me" is all I hear when I see her/read what she says.  Any idea how much she made for her People cover?  Just trying to figure out how much money they could possible have with her working minimal hours. It does seems as if Dillon does well financially  though. 

PS: I live in a rural area so I don't post often as the Internet is spotty (which means when I write it gets erased a lot as the connection craps out) a lot of the time but I read on here all the time and have for years! 

She had 2 specials that centered around her near the end on 19KAC.  Assuming she was payed directly, it could have been fairly decent money.  She could be "saver" too and manage her money well.

Using the S-word in general really bothers me (I am a woman and I can do WHATEVER I WANT) but you'd think she would especially be sensitive to it since I'm sure people have said that about her since she admitted she didn't wait for marriage (I would never judge her for that but I'm sure there are quite a few people around her that do)

53 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

She had 2 specials that centered around her near the end on 19KAC.  Assuming she was payed directly, it could have been fairly decent money.  She could be "saver" too and manage her money well.

Good point! I forgot about those 2 (less than entertaining) episodes! She prob did make some decent money for them.

7 hours ago, season of life said:

How are the Kings getting by on a babysitter's income and a graphic designer's income? I know they are only two people, but groceries and date nights can get a little pricey. Not to mention bills have to be paid. I assume she may be getting some money for advertising products on Instagram.

Maybe GM Mary has another house we don't know about and they are living it in?

She does like her eldest Grandchild a lot after all.

She posted something last night (I think) about how she and Dillon have been going to Lowe's a lot because they're about to move, and then used the hashtags #ourfirsthouse #fixerupper

I wonder if that means they bought a home?  Or maybe it's JB's, and they'r allowed to live there if they fix it up for him?

43 minutes ago, Defrauding Feminist ESQ said:

She posted something last night (I think) about how she and Dillon have been going to Lowe's a lot because they're about to move, and then used the hashtags #ourfirsthouse #fixerupper

I wonder if that means they bought a home?  Or maybe it's JB's, and they'r allowed to live there if they fix it up for him?

You can buy a home in Fayetteville, AR, with no money down if you can pay the monthly mortgage payment.  A mortgage payment is cheaper than rent, plus you can deduct almost all of it as an itemized deduction on income tax returns.  They might even end up putting money in their pocket when they buy a home because Grandma Mary is a real estate broker and she can kickback her real estate commission ( 3% - 7% of the home's sale price), so long as she fully discloses to all parties.

Buying a home in the U.S. is much different than in the rest of the world.

4 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

You can buy a home in Fayetteville, AR, with no money down if you can pay the monthly mortgage payment.  A mortgage payment is cheaper than rent, plus you can deduct almost all of it as an itemized deduction on income tax returns.  They might even end up putting money in their pocket when they buy a home because Grandma Mary is a real estate broker and she can kickback her real estate commission ( 3% - 7% of the home's sale price), so long as she fully discloses to all parties.

Wow. Makes me wanna live in Arkansas if only for living under my own roof...

9 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

You don't need a down payment in Fayetteville?!  I guess I didn't think about the difference in cost of living.  I live in DC, and my husband and I own a very small 2 bedroom condo, which cost us more than I would like to admit (although the location is amazing).  I can't imagine buying a home with no down payment

19 minutes ago, Defrauding Feminist ESQ said:

You don't need a down payment in Fayetteville?!  I guess I didn't think about the difference in cost of living.  I live in DC, and my husband and I own a very small 2 bedroom condo, which cost us more than I would like to admit (although the location is amazing).  I can't imagine buying a home with no down payment

The average price of a home in Fayetteville is $180,000. (That is for a single-family home on its own lot, approximately 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and 1,700 square feet of living space not counting the 2-car garage.)  An FHA mortgage for that requires a 3% down payment plus closing costs (about $8,000 total).  First-time home buyers can get a grant to cover the down payment and closing costs of up to $30,000.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived