IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 3 AKA Amy and Dillon King

Coconut Flan

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/28/2016 at 4:52 PM, Mabel said:

I think it depends on the company and stuff, but there are people who are able to fully support themselves off of sponsored deals. 

Amy (and some of the other J girls) have been getting sponsored deals for a while now. Pretty much anytime she mentions/tags a specific brand, we can assume it's a paid sponsorship.

One thing she is missing though - not using #Ad, as the FTC prefers. While it may be obvious to adults it's a sponsored deal, I'm not certain it's clear to some of her 14-year old fan girls (who keep commenting with "need to try this!," etc). 

(P.S. My first post in several years! :) I had to create a new name as I couldn't find my old login. Missed FJ!)

1 minute ago, CruitLvr1 said:

Amy (and some of the other J girls) have been getting sponsored deals for a while now. Pretty much anytime she mentions/tags a specific brand, we can assume it's a paid sponsorship.

One thing she is missing though - not using #Ad, as the FTC prefers. While it may be obvious to adults it's a sponsored deal, I'm not certain it's clear to some of her 14-year old fan girls (who keep commenting with "need to try this!," etc). 

(P.S. My first post in several years! :) I had to create a new name as I couldn't find my old login. Missed FJ!)

Welcome back.

On March 3, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Chickenbutt said:

Veterans can also get VA No Money Down mortgage loans.

I didn't know this until I went with a friend of mine when she applied for a VA loan.  I hadn't known she was a veteran either.  She was an Army nurse in WWII.  

Yep, they are called VA No-No Loans....no money down, no closing costs. At least they were around when we bought our first house back in the day.

ETA: I was the very last class of the WAC's (Women's Army Corp) when I joined in 1978. I was a field medic.

So Amy posted a photo a few days ago of herself in a shirt referencing Gilmore Girls and since I happen to love Gilmore Girls, I read through all the comments. Someone asked if her cousins were allowed to come visit her for a girls' night and if they could watch TV with her. She replied that they have gone out to dinner together but if she wants to hang out she has to go to their place to see them. The commenter replied and Amy basically said that it used to upset her but she's learned to accept the situation and enjoy time with them.

But the most important part is that clearly her favorite Gilmore Girl is Lorelei.  

The commenter replied that she had sent them a package and that Jana had replied and said it must have been misplaced? And sorry, but they don't talk to strangers? It was kind of sad.

^ I had to go and see those comments for myself. Very interesting! I would be so hurt if I were Amy. I'm sure she is, since she's talking about it. If it no longer bothered her, I doubt she would be sharing. They (girls or JB) obviously think Amy is a very bad influence. But what makes me scratch my head is if they were as strong in their faith as they claim, shouldn't God steer them away from the temptation. TV is hardly going to harm them. It's not like she's going to take them out and get them drunk and shack up with the first guy who looks their way!

58b62a02ff0fb525682f5d5eab47f821.jpg

1e08e8c8d7866d1b25e6d1a87db973cf.jpgda44fdfd25f988a7edb001c80a19388a.jpg8ec2ef97a349e4a847fca2f201fbb783.jpg

Also how the hell would CrystalWelch get their numbers? Surely the Duggars are smart enough to have their phone numbers private... Right?

31 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

^ I had to go and see those comments for myself. Very interesting! I would be so hurt if I were Amy. I'm sure she is, since she's talking about it. If it no longer bothered her, I doubt she would be sharing. They (girls or JB) obviously think Amy is a very bad influence. But what makes me scratch my head is if they were as strong in their faith as they claim, shouldn't God steer them away from the temptation. TV is hardly going to harm them. It's not like she's going to take them out and get them drunk and shack up with the first guy who looks their way!

<snip>

Also how the hell would CrystalWelch get their numbers? Surely the Duggars are smart enough to have their phone numbers private... Right?

I'm going with JB and Michelle thinking Amy is such a bad influence on the girls more than anything (which doesn't make sense, but whatever...). But at the root of it is control. Keep the girls close, and they won't experience anything that might cause them to question JB.

As for their numbers...I remember seeing JB's cell number and email on some public record documents online. Its shockingly easy to find a wealth of knowledge about any random person if you have a name and a county of residence.

I got to admit that what Amy said there is probably one of the only times she has been close to a normal and decent human being. I don't blame her for being upset about it. Clearly mullet and JB are bat sh*t crazy, but we already know that.

Also on Crystal - while a bir creepy for sure; say English wasn't her first language; could she mistake the word "text" for "letter"? Or like a Facebook "post"?

Possibly Crystal is not so tech-adept and means a direct message, to say Jill and to the Duggarfam insta which could conceivably be run by Jana? Or maybe the poor thing was duped by some scammy people pretending to be Jill or Jana on instagram? It seems unlikely that she would be able to get their cellphone numbers if they don't know her.

Amy can be annoying but girl is completely harmless. She obviously isn't going to try and lead them out of fundy town. The most she can do is mention a tv show or movie she watched. Maybe use a colorful word. If you and your adult "kids" can't handle that then the problem lies with you and your family, not Amy. If you don't think they can handle being alone with their own cousin you have watch grow up, then they can't handle being out in the world. We snark on Amy, sometimes rightfully so, but she has the skills to be out in the world better than the Duggars.

There is much they could learn from Amy that doesn't involve wearing pants or running away from the cult. Just learning to havemore appropriate interactions with people and different cultures would help. You would be unlikely to see the same awful behavior from Amy as the Duggars at the Ethiopian Restaurant or when they have traveled to other countries. Amy isn't bad, she just live a Gothard lifestyle, yet things seem to turn out ok for her. That has to be hard for Jim Bob and Michelle to explain away, especially since it's obvious the kids really like and love Amy. It must be hard to make it seem as though she is going down the wrong path. 

Um, I can't figure out why Crystal is so insulted that the Duggars didn't "text" her back. I don't blame the Duggars for not talking to strangers.Imagine the nasty "fan mail" the J'slaves get from middle age men.  I would just send out a "thank you" notice to all the addresses that send them baby items (which I think they do). 

23 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Um, I can't figure out why Crystal is so insulted that the Duggars didn't "text" her back. I don't blame the Duggars for not talking to strangers.Imagine the nasty "fan mail" the J'slaves get from middle age men.  I would just send out a "thank you" notice to all the addresses that send them baby items (which I think they do). 

I totally agree.  I am very far from being anything resembling a celebrity, but I have a presence in a field that sometimes attracts rather shallow enthusiasts and the occasional maladjusted intellectual.  Over the years I have received "fan mail," both e-mail and paper, unsolicited books, and the occasional unsolicited manuscript from people who believe that I should be their new best friend, mentor, protector, inspiration or even (!) possible object of desire.  Initially I felt I had to answer every e-mail and acknowledge every book or manuscript.  Within a couple of years, I realized (a) I would go nuts if I did, and (b) answering just encourages them.

(Highlights of this early correspondence include the woman who wanted my advice on her incontinence--based on my having mentioned on a public post that I was toilet training my son--and the man who wanted to interest me in his economic theory so that I could be his partner in reforming the world--note that I was married at the time.)

So now I have a stock reply along the lines of "You make an interesting point/ask an interesting question/ seem to have written something interesting. I appreciate your wanting to share it with me and regret that I am too busy to give it the attention it deserves."  This is the only reply people get unless the writer is clearly a child (in which case I may actually answer them seriously and suggest books or movies before letting the correspondence fade) or the writer is expressing interest in coming to school where I teach in which case I refer them to the admissions office also.

Now, as I said, I am no celebrity--at most I get 20  of these communications in a year.  I can't imagine what it is like for people on TV and other semi- or real celebrities.  So yeah, it is unreasonable to expect more than a generic "thank you" from a celebrity.

Groupies just baffle me, and Duggar followers, even if not 100% leghumpers, seem to be a particularly clueless.

11 hours ago, Jana'sHairScrunchie said:

So Amy posted a photo a few days ago of herself in a shirt referencing Gilmore Girls and since I happen to love Gilmore Girls, I read through all the comments. Someone asked if her cousins were allowed to come visit her for a girls' night and if they could watch TV with her. She replied that they have gone out to dinner together but if she wants to hang out she has to go to their place to see them. The commenter replied and Amy basically said that it used to upset her but she's learned to accept the situation and enjoy time with them.

But the most important part is that clearly her favorite Gilmore Girl is Lorelei.  

The commenter replied that she had sent them a package and that Jana had replied and said it must have been misplaced? And sorry, but they don't talk to strangers? It was kind of sad.

4 hours ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

Possibly Crystal is not so tech-adept and means a direct message, to say Jill and to the Duggarfam insta which could conceivably be run by Jana? Or maybe the poor thing was duped by some scammy people pretending to be Jill or Jana on instagram? It seems unlikely that she would be able to get their cellphone numbers if they don't know her.

Earlier today, I contacted the person on Instagram who claimed to have received a response from Jill and Jana. She responded kindly and said that she has some of the Duggars numbers including JB. She said she had got some of their numbers through some midwifery source. She stated that (as she explained in the comments) she had sent them a package to the family and texted Jill or Jana to ask if they had received it. Jana said it was misplaced and that they don't talk to strangers. Crystal sounded pretty hurt as she was explaining. I don't think she was making any of this up. I asked if she could give me the response text she got but said she had deleted it. She also said that she like talking with Kelly Jo and sending her family stuff too.

13 hours ago, Jana'sHairScrunchie said:

Amy is not as close to the Duggar daughters as she would like the public to believe.  She is their only cousin on Jim Bob's side of the family and the Duggars have seldom seen their cousins on Michelle's side.

Amy was not asked to be a bridesmaid in Jill's or in Jessa's weddings, and no Duggar daughters were bridesmaid's in Amy's wedding.  They all live in the same town and have known each other all of their lives.

The fact that Amy was included at all in the Duggar reality show was probably because Grandma Mary wanted that and TLC's attempt to make the Duggars seem more normal with extended family relationships.  TLC even dug up a few of Michelle's siblings for an episode, though Michelle hardly ever sees them in real life and they never came to any Duggar weddings. 

Not being allowed to visit cousin Amy meant that the kids weren't allowed to visit their Aunt Deanna, because Amy lived with her mom until she got married two weeks before her 29th birthday! 

That's crazy.  I can't imagine a life where I'm not allowed to spend time with my own cousin.  For god's sake, what is she gonna do, lead them in a satanic ritual while also watching gilmore girls??

I think Amy deleted the slut comment she made on Twitter. I can't find it anymore.

On March 3, 2016 at 7:45 AM, Defrauding Feminist ESQ said:

You don't need a down payment in Fayetteville?!  I guess I didn't think about the difference in cost of living.  I live in DC, and my husband and I own a very small 2 bedroom condo, which cost us more than I would like to admit (although the location is amazing).  I can't imagine buying a home with no down payment

DC and the surrounding areas are also hella expensive in general, especially when compared to the average cost of US homes.

6 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

And that "I made a promise that I would never try to be nice to anyone else." Wow. Over reaction.

I think it's creepy to send packages to people you don't know. I don't care if they are celebrities or pseudo celebrities. I would only give someone a 'pass' if they are super young and they are sending fan mail to a fan mail address.

The whole Amy not being able to hang out with the Duggar girls is so sad to me. Though not surprising. It really showcases what awful parents JB and Michelle are. Sheltering your children is never good. I just don't understand why they think people have no self control. It's bizarre.

I just want to grab them by the shoulders and shake them.

The whole "sending strangers packages" thing reminds me of vloggers with families that get all sorts of things on a daily basis, whether it be candy or clothing items. Personally, I wouldn't take the time out of my day to send someone who wasn't a friend of mine a package. I'm too lazy and it sort of crosses a boundary with me. I'd only consider doing it for a Secret Santa type of thing.

That is absolutely horrible. She's made to feel less than because she, what, probably has wine at her house? Wears jeans and watches television with her HUSBAND?! What on earth do they think is going to happen? If she's willing to accept not ever getting a visit from them, I'm sure she'd be willing to put away the vodka bottles in the cabinet for a night and turn off the TV to have a nail painting or cooking night or something. Jeez. 

It makes you realize how harmful their lifestyle truly is. She's their married, openly Christian flesh and blood who wants to have a smores night with them, not a single guy trying to exploit them. 

I wonder if the girls have made this rule or JB&M, and if the girls, which one(s). My money's on the girls for some reason. I could see that being a thing started by Jill or Jessa.

1 minute ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

It makes you realize how harmful their lifestyle truly is. She's their married, openly Christian flesh and blood who wants to have a smores night with them, not a single guy trying to exploit them. 

IT BURNS ME UP. This is their cousin. If Jim Bob was the one who started this stupid rule, that means all of his 19 children couldn't go see their Aunt Deanna. If I were Amy, I would not want to be friends with the Duggars at all. They are so mean to her and she has said she will accept them, but they can't do the same for her? Jim Bob (if he did implement the rule) going against his niece and by extension his own sister is really disgusting.

Did we already talk about her throwing shade at "sewing skirts and memorizing the whole Bible in a day?"

And yeah, @season of life, I am so confused why she allows herself to be demeaned like that. If the Duggars think they're that morally superior to Christian, married, conservative, Southern, straight, girly Amy, who is also a family member, I shudder to think what they think of the rest of us. Yikes.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived