IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 3 AKA Amy and Dillon King

Coconut Flan

57 minutes ago, socalrules said:

The fact that they cannot go to Amy's house leads one to surmise that they pretty much can't go anywhere.

I'm not convinced they can't. I think in the past it could have just become the rule for amy to go there because the logistics were easier. I mean think about it; if you have 8 kids, taking a few over to someone else's house is a lot or work. Adding an extra kid for a day not so much.
We have seen photos of the older J girls out an about, they do go places. They go out to meals with Amy (so not everything is all 'must be at the TTH'), around thanksgiving/Christmas (I forget which) we saw a photo of Jana and at least one other shopping with  a group of guys and gals(which included Amy).
I'm also not sure they are as 'friendless' as they portray themselves. In the photos/videos on FB there are quite often non-family members present.

Just my:twocents-02cents:

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

I'm not convinced they can't. I think in the past it could have just become the rule for amy to go there because the logistics were easier. I mean think about it; if you have 8 kids, taking a few over to someone else's house is a lot or work. Adding an extra kid for a day not so much.
We have seen photos of the older J girls out an about, they do go places. They go out to meals with Amy (so not everything is all 'must be at the TTH'), around thanksgiving/Christmas (I forget which) we saw a photo of Jana and at least one other shopping with  a group of guys and gals(which included Amy).
I'm also not sure they are as 'friendless' as they portray themselves. In the photos/videos on FB there are quite often non-family members present.

Just my:twocents-02cents:

Are you referring to a picture of just Amy along with Jinger and Jana? I forget but that picture was taken as you say around thanksgiving or Christmas. 

54 minutes ago, season of life said:

There's no way all of them can be satisfied living the life they're living. We saw that with Josh, even though he's an extreme example. At least Jill and Jessa have Instagram and can get some validation from there? For the married daughters, all they do is wake up, cook, clean, look after their babies, put up a photo on Instagram, have Bible conversations with their husbands, and then go to bed.

Am I the only one who wonders what passes for a "Bible conversation" with these people? I mean, when I have Bible conversations, we discuss possible interpretations of a passage, different translations, context, relationship among different passages (the same story told differently, apparent contradictions, etc.) and all sorts of interesting things.  But these people believe that there is only one possible interpretation and that the KJV is the only God inspired translation to English, so that takes care of two topics of discussion.  The same story told differently and apparent contradictions would make them nervous.  And most of them barely know how to read contemporary English, never mind early modern English (the language of the KJV). So how can they have conversations about the Bible?

12 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Am I the only one who wonders what passes for a "Bible conversation" with these people? I mean, when I have Bible conversations, we discuss possible interpretations of a passage, different translations, context, relationship among different passages (the same story told differently, apparent contradictions, etc.) and all sorts of interesting things.  But these people believe that there is only one possible interpretation and that the KJV is the only God inspired translation to English, so that takes care of two topics of discussion.  The same story told differently and apparent contradictions would make them nervous.  And most of them barely know how to read contemporary English, never mind early modern English (the language of the KJV). So how can they have conversations about the Bible?

I think for them having "Bible time" is more or less reciting it. We've seen the birthday posts where they're so proud that XYZ child has memorized entire passages of it, so I think that's the main focus? I can't see them ever talking about interpretation, that would just leave room for questioning their narrow views of what it all means. 

I don´t doubt for a second that they can only meet Amy within their home/prison with a lot of accountability around them. There are no exceptions when it Comes to keeping the faith.

22 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Are you referring to a picture of just Amy along with Jinger and Jana? I forget but that picture was taken as you say around thanksgiving or Christmas. 

Found it: It was thanksgiving http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24870-which-duggar-will-escape-first/?do=findComment&comment=1070840 Picture with Amy and someone apparently saw Jana http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24870-which-duggar-will-escape-first/?do=findComment&comment=1072379

1 hour ago, season of life said:

There's no way all of them can be satisfied living the life they're living. We saw that with Josh, even though he's an extreme example. At least Jill and Jessa have Instagram and can get some validation from there? For the married daughters, all they do is wake up, cook, clean, look after their babies, put up a photo on Instagram, have Bible conversations with their husbands, and then go to bed.

I'm a stay at home mom and a homebody so you kind of described my days...ha!  Well...except I just have 1 child, my husband helps cook and clean (and take care of our son.) Oh...and no bible conversations.

1 minute ago, ClaraOswin said:

I'm a stay at home mom and a homebody so you kind of described my days...ha!  Well...except I just have 1 child, my husband helps cook and clean (and take care of our son.) Oh...and no bible conversations.

I'm sure your days are much more interesting than Jill's or Jessa's. You've got a free mind, after all! :my_biggrin:

Free mind, yes. :) More interesting? Not really. Haha!But I don't actually mind. And I've had many options in life. The life I am living now was my choice. Not my only option. So I suppose in that sense, it's quite different. 

5 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Free mind, yes. :) More interesting? Not really. Haha!But I don't actually mind. And I've had many options in life. The life I am living now was my choice. Not my only option. So I suppose in that sense, it's quite different. 

Exactly! If a woman wants to be a stay at home mom, that's awesome. Does she want to put career first and run a business? That's cool, too! The most important thing is it's her choice, and she does it because it makes her happy and fulfills her personally. The Duggar girls were never afforded that luxury.

Just checked out Amy's Twitter. She definitely deleted the tweet about sluts, but she put up another post about her sage dating advice. This one says: "A relationship should be based on communication, not assumptions". She's probably just throwing out whatever's on her mind, but her tweet did remind me of Josh and Anna's relationship.

4 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Exactly! If a woman wants to be a stay at home mom, that's awesome. Does she want to put career first and run a business? That's cool, too! The most important thing is it's her choice, and she does it because it makes her happy and fulfills her personally. The Duggar girls were never afforded that luxury.

Jana, Jinger and cousin Amy are stay-at-home-non-moms.  WTF are they doing with their lives???

15 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Jana, Jinger and cousin Amy are stay-at-home-non-moms.  WTF are they doing with their lives???

Jana and Jinger are doing their parents' jobs and will be on the new show, so they're bringing in some money (although I'm sure it goes directly to Boob). Amy is a nanny, I believe.

31 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Amy and Dill Pickle are moving into a fixer upper that is owned by Grandma Duggar.

http://www.etonline.com/news/183980_exclusive_amy_duggar_dillon_king_moving_into_new_home/

Good for Grandma Duggar for letting Amy live in one of her homes, just like she allowed Josh, and now Jessa, live in the other house. This makes me wonder how many homes Grandma has. She obviously isn't broke or stuck at Jim Bob's if she doesn't want to be there. The Duggar girls need to take notes from Grandma on how to be a businesswoman. I love that Grandma obviously loves all her grandkids and helps them all out. Although, she has always seemed very close to Amy. 

You could probably find the houses she owns on the county assessors page.

10 hours ago, neat said:

I think for them having "Bible time" is more or less reciting it. We've seen the birthday posts where they're so proud that XYZ child has memorized entire passages of it, so I think that's the main focus? I can't see them ever talking about interpretation, that would just leave room for questioning their narrow views of what it all means. 

From the bits on the show (they never show a full bible time) I've always assumed it's a reading from the bible and then the man tells the wife and kids what that reading REALLY means. For example, JB tells a brief version of the flood story before they visit a Noah show. Then one of the kids (I think Joy?) explains what the Noah story means. It's about a family living a godly life amoung a sinful world who obey God without question even while others mock them. The super special family is saved while the sinful world perishes.

Basically JB is the new Noah :D

On 3/6/2016 at 4:05 AM, season of life said:

IT BURNS ME UP. This is their cousin. If Jim Bob was the one who started this stupid rule, that means all of his 19 children couldn't go see their Aunt Deanna. If I were Amy, I would not want to be friends with the Duggars at all. They are so mean to her and she has said she will accept them, but they can't do the same for her? Jim Bob (if he did implement the rule) going against his niece and by extension his own sister is really disgusting.

I can relate to family members that make you feel less than worthy of their time or love. My mom's brother and his wife (not fudie but supposed good christian people) have done this to me and my siblings all of our lives. It doesn't feel good, you try and have a relationship with your cousins and it fails because their parents think you are trash and a bad example. One day Amy will realize her worth and find that just because you are blood doesn't mean anything. I have friends that have been there for me more than my supposed extended family and are more of a family to me than they ever were. I understand wanting to have that relationship with her cousins because sometimes I wish I had that close relationship and inside out knowledge of my family, but i will not be treated like a 2nd class citizen. Just because you didn't like your sister and in return her children. I am better than that and so is Amy. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and what they feel is right. But, they shouldn't judge or make relationships on their terms. It isn't healthy. But the fudie lifestyle is far from healthy anyway so i guess they don't know any better.

3 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

From the bits on the show (they never show a full bible time) I've always assumed it's a reading from the bible and then the man tells the wife and kids what that reading REALLY means. For example, JB tells a brief version of the flood story before they visit a Noah show. Then one of the kids (I think Joy?) explains what the Noah story means. It's about a family living a godly life amoung a sinful world who obey God without question even while others mock them. The super special family is saved while the sinful world perishes.

Basically JB is the new Noah

This brings back memories. :/

Whenever my parents travelled my little sister and I had to stay at our cousins' house.  

Every morning they got up early so they could have 20 minutes of 'morning worship' in the living room before school or work, Saturdays excepted.  It was their version of Bible Time I guess.

It was a sermon delivered by my uncle with a hymn we all had to sing at the end.  My sister and I were often singled out for being sleepy and not paying enough attention.

The worst part was the hymn.  My cousins took turns accompanying us on the Autoharp (!)  If you've never heard what an Autoharp sounds like, you're lucky.  It's the closest a musical instrument has ever come to fingernails on a blackboard, IMO. ;)

More memories, they just keep coming- the only board game they owned was called 'Jerusalem'.  IIRC you had to answer questions about the bible to move your game piece ahead.  It was too advanced for my sister and me so we had to sit on the sidelines dying of boredom and not make a fuss. The game lasted over an hour.   Quite a feat for a five and seven year old. :/

One way we kept our spirits up (and after a few days of this, we needed it!) was not to close our eyes during the 'blessing' before meals.  My sis and I would make faces at each other instead.   :)

Finally we were caught and made to listen to a long and dreary lecture.  It didn't occur to me till years later- if someone saw us with our eyes open and told on us, their eyes must have been open too- but they didn't get a lecture. ;)

Thanks for letting me vent! :)  :P

14 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Plus, don't forget one huge advantage you have over the J slaves - access to free jinger!

2 hours ago, Jucifer said:

More memories, they just keep coming- the only board game they owned was called 'Jerusalem'.

we used to have one called Bible Trivia. It was sort of like Trivial Pursuit. I got quite good at it, but if anyone got it out now I'm pretty sure it'd be a massive fail ;)

9 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Looks like someone at People is a FreeJinger fan.*waves* 

http://www.people.com/article/amy-duggar-king-reveals-what-it-takes-to-spend-time-with-duggars

LOL did everyone see this comment?

Welcome to the Hotel Duggarville
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They living it up at the Hotel Duggarville
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis

Children on the counters
Tater-Tots in the oven
Mama said: "We are all just prisoners here of our own device"
And there in the tin mansion
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax" said Joshie Boy
"We are programmed to receive
You can check-out any time you like
But you can never leave!"

Apologies to The Eagles/Don Henley

That person wins the internet today.

I need me a grandma like Mary. She's supplying houses left and right.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived