IGNORED

Bates Family Part 5

happy atheist

The Little Bates Family had their Christmas photos taken this week by Taryn Yager Photography. She does an excellent job on the photo sessions.

Baby Bradley is adorable. Can't wait to see more photos.

Another cute photo of Bradley.

Baby Carson is getting so big too. I was surprised that Lawson owns a North Face Jacket.

It turns out that the family saw Kelly's mom for Thanksgiving. Hope it is shown on the show. The saw Gil's parents for a Pre-Thanksgiving celebration. Busy time for the family.

Also, are we back to assuming Joseph and Tori are courting again?

The Bates Family is better at keeping the surprises for the show. Maybe because they don't have a deal with People. The also certain courtship is Nathan and Ashley. Kelly likes to get her children married off. 

I lol'd pretty hard at Alyssa's IG photos for those T-shirts. Tight jeans and an ass shot. Kelly and Gil must have loved that. :pb_lol:

I wonder who owns Down South Apparel. It's not something that would interest me. I also wonder if Alyssa gets a cut of the sales. I am sure that some leghumpers will purchase the shirt. Link to company website: http://downsouthapparel.net/

The company was founded in 2015 in Knoxville, TN. They only have two different styles of shirts and they are expense at $25 each. I searched the company looking for more information but it appears that they are not registered with the State of Tennessee. https://tnbear.tn.gov/ECommerce/FilingSearch.aspx

Lawson was even modeling the shirts and is considered a rep. A new business model for the Bates Family.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those two little teeth. :tw_heart: If Bradley were a missionary, I'd be in trouble, haha. Little Carson is getting super-cute as well. Damn, these people make incredibly beautiful children.

Down South Apparel sells a whopping two different items: the blue t-shirt modeled by Lawson and Alyssa, and a goldenrod one. rme. 

Owners are Riley and Hannah Dempster, per a post on the previous page of this thread. Sorry, I just read it, but managed to forget who made that post already. 

Who are the Dempsters? They haven't been discussed here, but iirc, they are on the short list of Bates ig friends. Maybe @NotALoserLikeYou knows more? She's good at social media sleuthing.

Down South Apparel sells a whopping two different items: the blue t-shirt modeled by Lawson and Alyssa, and a goldenrod one. rme. 

Owners are Riley and Hannah Dempster, per a post on the previous page of this thread. Sorry, I just read it, but managed to forget who made that post already. 

Who are the Dempsters? They haven't been discussed here, but iirc, they are on the short list of Bates ig friends. Maybe @NotALoserLikeYou knows more? She's good at social media sleuthing.

Thanks @halcionne for the information about the Dempsters. It was not hard to find information on them. A simple google search.

Riley has a Linkedin. He also has a landscaping business like Lawson. His business is called Dempster Brothers' Lawn care and Landscaping. The description of the business: "Dempster Brothers’ Lawn Care and Landscaping is dedicated to the further beautification of God’s creation and expansion of His kingdom through consistent maintenance, quality design, extraordinary service, and lasting relationships." Please don't mention God on Linkedin. It is not professional. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/riley-dempster-59522090

His twitter account: https://twitter.com/riley_dempster

His Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/riley.dempster.7

He likes Duck Dynasty, Cool Runnings, Steve Nash (he supports Gay marriage) and Derrick Rose. Strange Combo of likes.

Possible wedding registries:

http://www.potterybarn.com/registry/3683310/registry-list.html

http://www.amazingregistry.com/wedding-registry/riley-dempster/hannah-smith/registry.ashx?a=84369324

They appear to be recently married.

Riley Dempster

That's all of the information that I could gleam from a quick google search. I am sure there is a lot more out there on instagram and blogs.

On December 4, 2015 at 1:57:25 PM, nokidsmom said:

It is picking favorites and I can't say enough how much damage that does, having had a front row seat to obscene levels of favoritism for years. 

Posting here made it fully hit me how messed up it is that out of the three of us, the one sibling who has earned a solid income is the one who gets gifted a car. How the fuck does that make sense? I also wouldn't put it past him to mention that in addition to his free grad school, he was also less expensive to raise, due to my various medical issues and other brother's orthodontia. 

13 hours ago, JillyO said:

Those two little teeth. :tw_heart:If Bradley were a missionary, I'd be in trouble, haha. Little Carson is getting super-cute as well. Damn, these people make incredibly beautiful children.

Don't give them any ideas! 

OK Those pictures are adorable. Those teeth and that little hat! I want one of those! (hats, I mean. I have my own teeth!) 

Erin is still giving piano lessons. I am glad that she is still able to work even though she has Carson. Yesterday was her students' piano recital.

This post says she has 30 students. That seems like a lot for one teacher to take on. Can someone with more experience comment on that?

Either way, I'm glad she seems to be working a good deal, and thus is probably significantly contributing to their household income!

https://www.instagram.com/p/-6oZ_cFUCt/?taken-by=chad_erinpaine

Off-topic: How can I directly insert Instagram pictures after the update? It's not under "insert other media" anymore.

53 minutes ago, JillyO said:

This post says she has 30 students. That seems like a lot for one teacher to take on. Can someone with more experience comment on that?

It's probably a combination of not all of them coming in every week and doing double (maybe more?) lessons for siblings. 

Back in the days of yore, when I was forced into music lessons, I took them with my sister. 

Some teachers do half hour lessons with younger students.  With home school students she can schedule them through the day rather than doing them all after school also.  I'd think 30 would about the maximum she could handle though.

I have to give Erin credit - I didn't realize she had so many students! Thirty students is a good amount and it shows a good deal of dedication. I'm glad she seems to be enjoying her marriage, motherhood, and being able to do what she loves as well.

She really lucked out - not just in finding she has a Gothard-approved talent she loves, but the fact her husband seems supportive and the fact that she had access to a Doctor who seemed to take her pregnancy problems so seriously.

When I was in music lessons they were half hour.  Assuming she teaches for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week that's 20 students.  If she does some students every other week as opposed to every week, I can see how she could have 30.  

Also I hate to sound like a leghumper, but am I the only one who likes that Erin chooses senior centers/assisted living/nursing homes as the venue for her recitals?   My grandmother's in a nursing home and a student recital there would make her day.  

30 students doesn't seem unreasonable. I used to teach voice and at my peak, I had around 30 students. Most lessons were 30 minutes but I had some 45 and 2 students who had 1 hour lessons. I had my evenings set aside from 4:30 -9 and my Saturdays I taught from 9-2(sometimes 2:30 depending)  Not every block was filled which meant lessons could be shifted and not every student was every week. 

42 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Also I hate to sound like a leghumper, but am I the only one who likes that Erin chooses senior centers/assisted living/nursing homes as the venue for her recitals?   My grandmother's in a nursing home and a student recital there would make her day.  

Back when I was taking piano lessons my annual recital was at a local senior center / nursing home.  

43 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I agree it's nice, but I think it is also a function of cost -- you don't have to rent out a nursing home because they're so happy to have events like this. It's good for students to have an audience of more than just their parents, too.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I have to give Erin credit - I didn't realize she had so many students! Thirty students is a good amount and it shows a good deal of dedication. I'm glad she seems to be enjoying her marriage, motherhood, and being able to do what she loves as well.

She really lucked out - not just in finding she has a Gothard-approved talent she loves, but the fact her husband seems supportive and the fact that she had access to a Doctor who seemed to take her pregnancy problems so seriously.

Erin is indeed lucky for a young woman whose upbringing was limited in mamy ways and yet it all worked out for her.   Not everyone with that same background would have had things worked out.   She's doing what she loves and by luck it's an approved talent and an approved line of work.  She married a guy who truly loves and supports her when she could have found herself with some fundie jerk which is often the lot of many like her.   She was able to get real medical help with her fertility issues.   She's been very lucky and I think she knows it too.

48 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Erin is indeed lucky for a young woman whose upbringing was limited in mamy ways and yet it all worked out for her.   Not everyone with that same background would have had things worked out.   She's doing what she loves and by luck it's an approved talent and an approved line of work.  She married a guy who truly loves and supports her when she could have found herself with some fundie jerk which is often the lot of many like her.   She was able to get real medical help with her fertility issues.   She's been very lucky and I think she knows it too.

I agree. She strikes me as being genuinely grateful for what she has. It's nice to see her looking happy and so contented, especially when she's with little Carson. I wish she and Chad were out of the cult, but I'm glad she at least has some options to work with. Things could be far worse for her.

I think Riley and Hannah Dempster may be related to George Dempster, who helped invent dumpsters. I believe the Dempster family is pretty wealthy and is well-known around Knoxville. They probably know the Bates family through church or something similar. 

George Dempster was a Democrat and it looks like he was fairly liberal one at that.  He was also Episcopalian.  Now the kids and grandkids and great-grands might have changed...

I'm doing some digging on Riley Dempster.  He graduated from College Minus.  He also did some campaigning for Daniel Webster.  He was an usher at Alyssa's wedding.  It also appears that he and his brother do/did civil war reenactments. 

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎00‎:‎16‎, nastyhobbitses said:

My grandma is apparently very put out that I am unmarried (not even a boyfriend) and childless at 24. 24! I'm in grad school and don't even have time for Tinder dates now, let alone a relationship or a child. I don't understand why my Master's isn't enough to kvell about to her old lady friends.

My grandmother thought I was gay until I married dh in my early thirties.

9 hours ago, withaj said:

I agree it's nice, but I think it is also a function of cost -- you don't have to rent out a nursing home because they're so happy to have events like this. It's good for students to have an audience of more than just their parents, too.

I also hate to sound like a leg humper, but I think it's a pretty good way to do it. She doesn't have to pay/charge parents to rent out the venue and the recital probably brings a lot of enjoyment to a lot of the people in the nursing home. I have a great aunt living in one and she'd be the one in the front row cheering and clapping for everyone's kid haha. 

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I agree. She strikes me as being genuinely grateful for what she has. It's nice to see her looking happy and so contented, especially when she's with little Carson. I wish she and Chad were out of the cult, but I'm glad she at least has some options to work with. Things could be far worse for her.

Yeah, that's why i find her far less annoying on social media than the Dullards and the Smugwalds. Chad and Erin just seem to be thankful to god in their posts. I don't believe in their god, and I find the whole ATI/IBLP nonsense dangerous and really hope Carson isn't being blanket trained. But while their life is not one I'd choose for myself (I'd rather date 'normally' and have gone to an accredited school etc) but they seem happy and grateful for their life. I find that far less annoying than Bin and Jessa's YOU'RE ALL GOING TO HELL IF YOU DON'T LISTEN TO US!!1!11! posts and The Dullards whole Latin American 'White Saviourdom in dirty heathen Catholic Latin America' posts. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived