IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 3

happy atheist

I think Josh is a pretty rotten person, too. I did not watch the special (just read the recaps here), but I think Anna's (and, the whole family's) problems run way deeper than just Josh. I think he has been turned into a convenient boogeyman.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Josh is a pretty rotten person, too. I did not watch the special (just read the recaps here), but I think Anna's (and, the whole family's) problems run way deeper than just Josh. I think he has been turned into a convenient boogeyman.

I am kinda of interested to see how he turns out down the line. Having had relationships with a pathological liar and a narcissist, I've had first hand experience with people that charm your pants off and make themselves out to be completely different than true nature. I am curious to see how his personality is affected as there is no hiding from the truth anymore.

I just watched that clip linked a few posts up of Anna and Jinger and WHOA! Did Jinger really say something about how Anna is amazing and how she has truly displayed "unconditional love"?? No, no, no, no, no, no! No.

So, so, so........I'm just now thinking that Jinger's comment about Anna displaying unconditional love means she is telling them she still loves Josh. I guess? Loves as in wants to stay married to? So sad, so sad. Not even angry. Just brainwashed, the entire lot of them. 

26 minutes ago, MakeItSo said:

I just watched that clip linked a few posts up of Anna and Jinger and WHOA! Did Jinger really say something about how Anna is amazing and how she has truly displayed "unconditional love"?? No, no, no, no, no, no! No.

I am not surprised that Anna is still in love with Josh. I would be surprised if she weren't. She was brought up to wait for Prince Charming-Fundie, and she thought she had found him.  And he was her husband. Difficult as living with him was at times, she liked being married to him.

It will take some time for her to fall out of love.

12 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/josh-duggar-wife-speaks-out-cheating-scandal_5671cfdde4b0dfd4bcc05ea7

Here's the interview. Anna was struggling to get thru. Seems it's still pretty raw for her even after all these months. I don't want to put words in her mouth but I think when she said she had to rely in her faith to keep a problem from turning into a disaster. I suspect if she hadn't had her "faith", she would have kicked him to the curb right then. And just as we had suspected, she has dug deeper into the fundie life that caused all this.

Just watched that clip and I guess we can safely say that she's not going to leave Josh...and to hear Jinger say Anna shows all of us what it means to have unconditional love :my_sad:  I'm slowly losing my faith in these women...:pb_cry:

2 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

Just watched that clip and I guess we can safely say that she's not going to leave Josh...and to hear Jinger say Anna shows all of us what it means to have unconditional love :my_sad:  I'm slowly losing my faith in these women...:pb_cry:

Slowly?

15 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

I don't know why that QUOTE box pops up on all my posts when I'm not quoting.

That's not the girls' room. It's a little corner room. I imagine the 3 older M's are in w/the other kids.

I wonder if any of the older kids ever went to JB & said, "I want my own room!"

I'm 99.9% positive that's the little dormer area in the girls' dorm where Jana's bed was...and that's Jana's bed since it's a double.  

6 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Sad, but true.  I wonder where she'd be in her process if Josh wasn't hiding in rehab and had stayed home where he'd  have to deal with the damage on a daily basis?   

Here is a link to the floor plan of the duggar house

http://www.kodiaksteelhomes.com/images/DuggarFloorPlan.pdf 

So if Anna has her own room, maybe they cleaned out Michelle's office, but if I remember correctly that room is very small. there is a sewing room attached to the girl's room so that could be an option too. But the closer you are to the walls, the more slanted the ceiling. The guest suite on the main floor is Grandma's room. The good-bye room is where Michelle was filmed using an elliptical machine in one of the episodes. and of course we have all seen JB's office. That house was deliberately designed to (almost) zero privacy. Maybe that is why Jana sews, she could get away....

I feel there is a strength in Anna there wasn't before. I think she does really believe that she should evangelize her faith, even during this...mess. And I do think she feels badly that her life now represents Christian betrayal, and I can understand that. I hope over time she lets go of the guilt part, because none of this is her fault, clearly.

I'm probably in the minority, but I understand why Anna would commit to therapy, and trying to rebuild her marriage. (Not sure I could after that though. Whole damn relationship was a LIE!) They have 4 children, and she wants to look back and say, "I did everything I could to save our marriage, we did therapy, we did second chances..." Sometimes it just ain't meant to be.

I think when Josh comes back the power differential in their relatonship will have permeneantly changed, and neither one will be able to live with that. 

Josh is supposed to be the manly headship. But he failed, and will now have to be accountable and contrite and SUBMISSIVE. To make sure he doesn't fail again. I don't think he will be able to stand it.

Anna wants to have a manly headship who handles business, so she doesn't have to. She wants to raise children, not men. I think she'll get tired of being the new headship.

I think Josh will leave the lifestyle and his marriage, and Anna won't feel bad about it. 

If she stays in the lifestyle, she'll stay close to his family. No one will want that sinner Josh around for a long time.

14 hours ago, Cerealgirl said:

I am kinda of interested to see how he turns out down the line. Having had relationships with a pathological liar and a narcissist, I've had first hand experience with people that charm your pants off and make themselves out to be completely different than true nature. I am curious to see how his personality is affected as there is no hiding from the truth anymore.

I only have the one time experience of interacting with him (Josh), but he looked my husband right in the eye, shook his hand, and said "God bless you." I keep running that line over in my mind when I think of Josh. Knowing now what he was up to when he wasn't shaking hands and blessing people, I have a difficult time believing that he deep down believes in what his family believes. I just think if you actually feared God, you wouldn't have the stones to preach values to people and then go assault a stripper. But then, like Anna's dad said, "David had an affair." :my_huh:

Perhaps the values, the tv, the marriage is just what made Josh famous, made him money, etc. Obviously it wasn't his true nature or what he believed. I believe we've seen who has "broke Duggar" first. I wonder what it would have looked like with no TV show or money at stake to make him want to keep appearances. Whether they succeed in sucking him back in now that he's fallen from grace remains to be seen. But you don't believe something with all your heart and crap on it too.  

21 hours ago, halcionne said:

Pussies are nice and warm and sensitive. Josh is none of those things. :wink:

I have no idea if you mean vaginas or pussy cats (ala Tweety Bird).

12 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I am not surprised that Anna is still in love with Josh. I would be surprised if she weren't. She was brought up to wait for Prince Charming-Fundie, and she thought she had found him.  And he was her husband. Difficult as living with him was at times, she liked being married to him.

Oh, I wasn't surprised, I had my suspicions...it was just hearing it being said made those suspicions real. -__-

24 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I have no idea if you mean vaginas or pussy cats (ala Tweety Bird).

I meant vaginas. Are pussy cats sensitive? Heehee

How long will Josh be in "rehab"? Anyone else think he's not there any more and the family hasn't said anything because Josh isn't prepared to go back to TTH and grovel to Daddy?

I can't see him turning to his faith (he may pretend to, for a little). I really think he is done. He wasn't a good fundie man who lost his way, he knew what he was doing.

Also, why can't Anna and the kids be living in the guest house?

Didn't Josh have his own room in the TTH? I seem to remember him commenting that he had a place where he could keep the rug rats out. Maybe Anna is there. It would make more sense to have her in the pool house with her kids. I'm sure a J slave could be sent over to help when necessary. Jenni must be old enough to be an auntie mom by now. Sigh. :sigh:

Josh was so arrogant about the rug rats, when the truth was he needed to be kept away from them.

I wonder what it would have looked like with no TV show or money at stake to make him want to keep appearances. Whether they succeed in sucking him back in now that he's fallen from grace remains to be seen. But you don't believe something with all your heart and crap on it too.  

Best thing said yet. And if there was no tv show, I'm sure he would have pursued politics anyway. There are a lot of evangelicals in politics. He would've just been another among the long line of family values spouting hypocrites that gets caught with a prostitute.

43 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Didn't Josh have his own room in the TTH? I seem to remember him commenting that he had a place where he could keep the rug rats out. Maybe Anna is there. It would make more sense to have her in the pool house with her kids. I'm sure a J slave could be sent over to help when necessary. Jenni must be old enough to be an auntie mom by now. Sigh. :sigh:

Josh was so arrogant about the rug rats, when the truth was he needed to be kept away from them.

That was the super high-tech audio room (which I think is now used for schooling). And it's sad that I know this.  :P

23 hours ago, halcionne said:

Pussies are nice and warm and sensitive. Josh is none of those things. :wink:

When someone uses "pussy" as an insult, I think of something I heard once.

"You are not a pussy.  Pussies are strong and bring life into this world.  You, sir, are a ball sack."

8 hours ago, paganhomeschooler said:

I'm 99.9% positive that's the little dormer area in the girls' dorm where Jana's bed was...and that's Jana's bed since it's a double.  

It could also be Jill's old bed, since she also had a double. Wasn't Joy shown in the double in that corner (next to the bathrooms) when she had her wisdom teeth out? But that's definitely the girls' dorm, since the curtains, pain color, etc. match what that alcove looked like after the girls' room got redecorated in one of the last episodes shown. (After both Jill and Jessa moved out.)

maybe she is living in the guest house, or pool house, etc. but came over to the TTH for the interview.  perhaps because she needed the free babysitting for the other mkids while she spoke to the producers? and the girls room would be a semi-quiet place to hold the interview.

2 hours ago, metheglyn said:

It could also be Jill's old bed, since she also had a double. Wasn't Joy shown in the double in that corner (next to the bathrooms) when she had her wisdom teeth out? But that's definitely the girls' dorm, since the curtains, pain color, etc. match what that alcove looked like after the girls' room got redecorated in one of the last episodes shown. (After both Jill and Jessa moved out.)

Jill and Jessa move out leaving beds for Anna and Mac, Meredith next to Anna.  The boys room was recently re done to help accomodate guests, room for Michael and Marcus.  I believe Anna and the M kids are firmly under JB's roof with the pressure firmly on to be a 'godly woman' and a Christian example to others.

9 minutes ago, Percy said:

Jill and Jessa move out leaving beds for Anna and Mac, Meredith next to Anna.  The boys room was recently re done to help accomodate guests, room for Michael and Marcus.  I believe Anna and the M kids are firmly under JB's roof with the pressure firmly on to be a 'godly woman' and a Christian example to others.

There used to be a barfing emoticon, but I can't find it.

I believe Anna and the M kids are firmly under JB's roof with the pressure firmly on to be a 'godly woman' and a Christian example to others.

...And where she can't go spouting off to the press about what a dick her husband is. I saw a little glimmer of rage in that last interview. Come on Anna, let it out. We won't tell.

When they moved on the beds, it said "jana" on the top. Not that it matters.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived