IGNORED

Baby Seewald is Here - Details to Follow

happy atheist

I'm starting to think that there's something wrong.  Hasn't it been about seven hours since the baby was born?  They should have posted a picture by now.

I thought the same thing - woke up way to early - it 4:46 am here :D hit people.com and bam still nothing 

I expect everything to drop like bursts of water throughout the weekend 

just wait for it just wait for it 

and of course now that Sierra is having a girl - we will get endless photos of the two little kids 

of Sierra and Jessa's - claiming marriage 

AT LEAST NO FAKE HEADBANDS for BABY SEEWALD 
welcome to the WORLD 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AT LEAST NO FAKE HEADBANDS for BABY SEEWALD 

Yay!!  I hope this means the big bow headband / fake pigtails industry crashes and burns!!

If Jessica spilling the beans was done as a passive aggressive deliberate thing, then yeah, that's really shitty. 
But what if she'd had the baby in walmart or something and the news had got out early anyways? 
Part of me feels really bad for Jessa, another is just, whatever.

If Jessica spilling the beans was done as a passive aggressive deliberate thing, then yeah, that's really shitty. 
But what if she'd had the baby in walmart or something and the news had got out early anyways? 
Part of me feels really bad for Jessa, another is just, whatever.

Part of me assumes that Jessica is just immature and jumped the gun out of excitement, but part of me wouldn't put it past her to want to steal Jessa's thunder. At this point I feel like Jessa must have a list of people to kill for stealing her thunder every damn time she goes into a New Season of Life. Maybe that's why we haven't seen Josh in a while...

Jessa, 23, and Ben, 20, have shared the first photo of their little bundle of joy exclusively with PEOPLE.

He's not even 24 hours old and already sold  for the highest bidder.

The towel and bedspread lead me to believe it was a home birth.

And Holy hell  - she pushed a 9 lb 11 oz baby through her vagina, at home, without meds?! Way to go. 

Just saw this picture on Insta- it appears that the first one posted under the #babyseewald tag came from a Duggar fan website; I'm not sure where the original came from.  But it does confirm that Jessa was at long last able to one-up Jill by having a succesful home birth!  Baby BJ does look cute, as far newborns go;  he's definitely not the spitting image of Jim Bob like baby Izzy, and Guinn really seems over the moon. image.thumb.jpg.e4d258d857cc3d46159dd7e2

The towel and bedspread lead me to believe it was a home birth.

And Holy hell  - she pushed a 9 lb 11 oz baby through her vagina, at home, without meds?! Way to go. 

Meh. My nephew was 10lb 14 oz, completely natural (although in a hospital, which I was very grateful for because shoulders were stuck for a very short time). Largest one my sister's midwife had ever delivered that wasn't a C-section. And my sister is a tiny little thing.

I'm sure one-upping Jill was part of Jessa's motivation to stay at home and not have drugs. He is a cute munchkin though. 

Good god those Duggar girls have big babies!

He's beautiful - and not just in an "all newborns are beautiful" way, that's a good looking kid. He looks a lot like baby pics of Jessa

Just saw this picture on Insta- it appears that the first one posted under the #babyseewald tag came from a Duggar fan website; I'm not sure where the original came from.  But it does confirm that Jessa was at long last able to one-up Jill by having a succesful home birth!  Baby BJ does look cute, as far newborns go;  he's definitely not the spitting image of Jim Bob like baby Izzy, and Guinn really seems over the moon. image.thumb.jpg.e4d258d857cc3d46159dd7e2

This is a super sweet photo. And look at those cheeks!

Mazel Tov, Jessa and Ben. You guys are still annoying a-holes, but you sure made a cute baby.

Well, this is it. No turning back now. These buffoons are playing House, Level Eleventy. Ben, just a word of advice, there is no keyhole in the back of this baby to make it stop crying. You actually have to keep it alive.

So now we know why she didn't announce the Jender. Because she was having a boy like Jill. I'm betting if she'd had a girl she would have annoinced the gender during the pregnancy. 

Either way...hope her labor was easy and I am sorry her SIL blabbed before she was ready (if that's what happened). I'd be pissed as hell if my relative announced that kind of news publicly without my permission. Not cool at all. 

That's exactly why I called boy on this one. If it had been a girl, there would have been a lot more publicity to take advantage of, with the first Duggar-born girl's girl. But with a boy, it's just more of the same as Jill, which she has tried to deviate from at every step of the way (especially around wedding dress, etc). The longer she kept her silence, the more certain I became.

Agreed that it is horrible of Jessica to reveal the birth, but the schadenfreude is delightful. After Jessa's rudeness in posting all those wedding pics when Amy got married, it's great to see public rudeness coming back around to Jessa. And, assuming karma is at play, that bite will come around to Jessica eventually anyways. 

I think they would just play off any disabilities as God knowing that they are so strong as to be able to handle it and giving then a challenge. Which they will inevitably describe as "fun" in that unconvincing way they always do (like when they talk about trying to share mirror space and bathrooms - "it's just... it's a lot of... fun").

I have to admit, that is a pretty good looking newborn.

I am glad things appear to have gone well for Jessa and baby, and am VERY glad it is not a girl!

Baby picture is up on People.com  The baby is wrapped in a towel, and it looks like the baby is on a bedspread. I think he was born at home. 

No Jessa picture, but the baby is cute. 

Baby picture is up on People.com  The baby is wrapped in a towel, and it looks like the baby is on a bedspread. I think he was born at home. 

No Jessa picture, but the baby is cute. 

Gotta look beautimous before taking the Madonna and Child professional photo she's been planning for the past nine months.

Are we sure that they've released the baby's weight?  In the People blurb with the (very cute) picture of the baby, Jessa is quoted like this....  "The new mom predicted she would have "a chubby little baby," revealing that she was "the biggest out of all my siblings" at 9 lbs., 15oz."

So that was Jessa's birth weight, not the baby's.  I don't know that I have seen details on the baby yet; am I reading this wrong?  

Are we sure that they've released the baby's weight?  In the People blurb with the (very cute) picture of the baby, Jessa is quoted like this....  "The new mom predicted she would have "a chubby little baby," revealing that she was "the biggest out of all my siblings" at 9 lbs., 15oz."

So that was Jessa's birth weight, not the baby's.  I don't know that I have seen details on the baby yet; am I reading this wrong?  

From the People article: 

"Jessa (Duggar) Seewald and husband Ben Seewald welcomed their first child Thursday, a healthy baby boy weighing 9 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 ½ inches long. "

I think it's hilarious how they're releasing a little info at a time. They're lapping up the attention.

Cute baby, kind of looks like he'll end up with Jessa's jawline eventually. I'm surprised she went through with the home birth. I figured she'd go to the hospital and get an epidural. (and no, I'm not going to be one of those people who acts like she deserves a medal for birthing a big baby. I kind of hate it when people try to act like they did something more amazing then someone else.)

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived